Dragon Ball Super

> Nice power level, kid.
> Now, let me show you what a 300 years of tournament fighting experience looks like.

American Dragon Ball fans are so pleb.

>HUUURRRRR MUH BRUCE FAULCONER MUSIC
>DUUURRRRR JAPANESE GRANDMA GOKU

>look mom, I posted it in BOTH threads!

This has been one of my favorite dbs episodes thus far, Roshi is usually comic relief basically since Z and it's nice to have a good episode dedicated to him kicking ass.

>Everyone doesn't mafuba the enemies off the edge

Just finished the episode, it was pretty good. I unironically like this arc a lot, yeah it has its flaws, but it's fun.
Are people bitching about the gags in this episode like normal?

I had a lot of fun with today's episode, I really liked it.

can we all agree that this was actually a really good episode?

I heard that some of you were calling my episode filler before it aired or calling me weak. I hope I didn't disappoint.

If Z aired today, what would people say about that? Z had a lot of stupid shit in it too.

I liked this episode.
People forget that Goku was young when Roshi died the first time.
His, like Krillin's death, traumatized him.

He clearly didn't want it to relive that.

they would have the same complaints

Loved that moment and also when we saw Goku suffering and caring for fucking something/someone since Black saga.

Goku's "see you next time" at the end of every episode sounds cool, I don't know what it is about it, but that's probably the one line I really like from granny Goku.

why did Ganos become a bird

I like every line from Granny Goku. I also liked how it sounded like she was channeling some of Kid Goku for the lines at the end of this episode with Roshi. That's something you couldn't get with a dub.

dragon quest reference

Supposedly Mafuba risks the user's life.
Also took Goku a while to learn properly.
Then again, Tori is senile.

Wow. What the fuck is this episode

Goku showed more emotion for the old man than all those times his wife and kids died

Roshi is pretty much Goku's father figure, Remember Gohan Sr. Died when he was REALLY young so he was alone for awhile then Bulma and after that pretty much lived with Roshi and trained until Chichi fucked him up.

Roshi is pretty much his dad, I guess you could say the same with Krillin.

this episode was fucking nice

This episode pretty much confirmed Super is worse than GT

Could be the mafuba is Ki based. Back in the original DB everyone had low amounts of ki compared to now

>Not bringing Cell and having him self destruct the entire platform and everyone falls off at the same time

>Goku showed more emotion for the old man than all those times his wife and kids died
Well of course. Goku knows full well who's more valuable.

>supposedly
Zbaby detected

they specifically said that would be an illegal move

They have all died when he was an adult.
Death is more traumatic to people when they experience it young.

WHAT THE FUCK IS VEGETA DOING

WHERE THE FUCK IS FRIEZA
WHY ARE THE GETTING OUT DOWN BY FUCKING ROSHI

>"olá, eu sou goku" at the start of every episode
dragon ball kino

The manga of DB/canon during Z era was fine. Besides muh power level- everything was pretty consistent.
The fillers and extras threw all of it out of the window tho, so most anger would go to Toei.

That's because roshi having a heart attack and dying could qualify as dying of old age.

Yeah Roshi is really his foster father.

Wish they gave him more character instead of the constant flanderization.

Also on the concept of Magic in DB universe it seems its something different from normal fighting techniques but also possibly very powerful.

Would be cool to see human hybrids or other regular humans use it to become more powerful.

So Goku is a fucking dende now?

Why didn't he ever use this power before?

>took a while
In the canon material (the manga) he learned it in a day.

It's definitely don't miss it

or something because you hear her say Zettai, can't hear the rest because her voice gets so deep for some reason.

>why did goku help Hit with Dyspo and the gremlin?? fucking toei!!!
Goku literally lives to fight strong people, he would have done this in Z given the opportunity.

>Ganos jobbed to fucking Roshi
This tournament is garbage

Meu preto

It's ambiguous as to whether or not it was simply CPR or some god ki healing bullshit. But if it was the latter, it would seem to be that goku did not intend to do it, and is likely unaware that he could

>Both Current and Future Zeno cannot count past five
>The Tournament of Power is about reducing 12 Universes down to 5 Universes

Seems the "goku wishes for all the deleted people to become a part of universe 7" theory could be right after all

Please don't entertain people who only watched the Funi dub and think Goku is some kind of anime Superman.

I remember people complaining at TFS for making Goku give Cell the Sensu bean and saying it wasn't fair to let Cell fight Gohan when he was tired/hurt.
EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS FUCKING CANON.

cant believe i fucking cried i am such a faggot damnit

what the fuck

First time back in action after 20 years doing fuck all and he puts in more work than evil space hitler and muh pride prince
I think Zeno doesnt actually have destructive power. Probably just teleporation

I'm starting to believe the theories that Zeno are puppet kings for the GP.

>he would have done this in Z given the opportunity.

And he ALREADY did.

>Spared Vegeta's life so "he could fight again"
>Spared Freezer's life so "he could fight again"
>Didn't want to destroy Gero before he built the androids so "he could have a good fight"
>Gave Cell a fucking Senzu-bean before fighting his own fucking son so they could have a "fair fight".

Goku being a fighting maniac is just his own character. Dunno how american Goku was portrayed but in my dub he was always the "good guy that's obsessed with fighting to retard points".

>TFS

Do us all a favor and fuck off back to 9gag

This. Its the saiyan blood.

>t TFS for making Goku give Cell the Sensu bean and saying it wasn't fair to let Cell fight Gohan when he was tired/hurt

Those Super anime only fags, I refuse to believe actual Db hell even Z fans are too stupid to not remember that was actual canon

I really want to see somebody get eliminated for killing a competitor. Either a U7 member or a major character from another universe dying would be nice. Caulifla would have had a pretty good death scene a few weeks ago, too bad they didn't go all the way with it.

sorry we didn't all grow up in a 3rd world shithole like you :3

I read that from a thread on Sup Forums. A bunch of faggots were whining about it and I happened to stumble upon it. Get pissed at the mods for allowing that on here, you stupid dipshit.

Why th fuck did the goblin become a bird

Mexicans hated the episode...
They said that Goku should have saved Roshi and defeated those 3 U4 fighters himself

It's ki cpr dumbass, he can't heal.

Fuck you mang, Big Green dub is the best

thats the thought of every power level fag

1.No the didn't.
2.No one on earth, on any corner of the fucking net, is clamoring for more goku per ep.

This episode was a mistake. Roshi should have died so Goku could transform

Zeno is said to destroy universes and destroyed merged Zamasu's universe

if this is what happens I will find you and I will kill you

>Mexicans hated
>Goku should have

The moment you said Goku and not Gohan, everyone knew you were a shitty bait posting faggot.

They outright had a scene dedicated to showing the Zeno twins trying to count at the start of the episode. Either the writers are more retarded than we thought or that was some excellent foreshadowing for the Zeno twins having no part in the tournaments design or purpose.

It already happened, what are you talking about?

Though an experienced animator with a plethora of work on the PreCure series, and even taking a supervisor role on the Yu Yu Hakusho movie, Yukihiro Kitano’s first major stint as a regular supervisor was on Toei’s Disk Wars: Avengers series. Disk Wars: Avengers’ character designs were primarily by Dragon Ball veteran and Super character designer, Tadayoshi Yamamuro. With experience working to Yamamuro’s designs, it’s unsurprising that he landed himself a regular supervisor role on Dragon Ball Super. Unfortunately, Kitano appears to struggle with not only sticking to the character designs, but producing aesthetically pleasing drawings on the whole

>Roshi
>Doesn't have an extreme abundance of power
>Instead uses experience, pragmatism and good instincts to end a fight
>Shown to be able to take down enemies stronger than himself
>Actively makes it his job to hunt down enemies with troublesome gimmicks in order to complement his more straightforward/power-oriented allies

>Gohan
>Endless "potential"
>Plows through whatever's in his way whenever he gets a new power-up
>His bad choices and tendency to get drunk on power makes him job to villains that are weaker than him
>Always causes casualties on his side by letting weakened opponents come back stronger

This episode's been quite the eye-opener.

If he destroyed a universe than how can he exist in something that no longer exists?

He kind of did with Frieza after their first big fight when he gave him some of his energy, since we clearly seen an improvement in his condition and breathing.

This was probably a case of him going to the extremes and doing something due to how much more control Blue affords him

With how direct many of the attacks are so far into the tourney, I'm amazed nobody has been canned for a death at this point. Hell, even today had a case of what should have been severe retardation

>I'll smash this old man with an energy hammer that smashed a nice chunk out of this hardest substance in creation!

Just like all the direct beam attacks blowing people through chunks of the ring yet not killing them, or the Pride Troopers going full ham a few episodes back in a way where they seal themselves off and intend to kill others with how brutal they were going.

I'm surprised they haven't had stuff like some random races losing limbs and regrowing them or something to really hammer how dark and twisted some of the fighters are, as well as a reminder of just how high the stakes are with this tourney. Guessing that won't really make it in beyond Frieza doing pinpoint shots due to Super toning things down for a more general audience.

prove it you bitch

Original American dub changed the music and rewrote characters.

Kai dub was far more accurate.

>having no part in the tournaments design or purpose

Of course they haven't done all of this shit, they are kids, if they want something done it's the Great Priest's job to do that something.

They saw U7 vs U6 and thought it was fun, the GP might be the one giving them advice all the time, the "GP is a villain" theory sounds awful but it's very likely that's the case.

I like Dub Goku more than Goku's original characterization.

He wasn't able to count how many fucking fighters were left during this episode.

Wtf I hate Roshi now.

non-DBfag wandering in with a quick question.

I understand the general premise of DragonBall and the current tournament arc but here's something I don't understand.
How is it entertaining to watch something when it's obvious who is going to win? Like clearly they're not going to delete the universe that the show is in so what are the stakes? Where's the sense of urgency?

...Why?

ss blue can revive dead people now? wow

Said no one ever

I'm mexican and I loved this episode, hell I teared up a little when Roshi almost died.

>Where's the sense of urgency?
That's one of the main problems with this arc. There's no sense of urgency.

Is this bait?

You're not alone, user. Just know that they were manly tears worth shedding. We almost lost the Old Man after all.

Would you watch a young Roshi anime?

I expected nothing of this episode but it was great

Yus pls

Yes, you are

no

>I teared up a little when Roshi almost died

Joto

And now is round 2 of experienced grandpa teaches a lesson to young strong retard

The day where grandpas BTFO Irish powerlevel faggots

Is Roshi the strongest human? Pretty sure he is, of course Krillin would be the second strongest but Roshi has more experience and besides Roshi trained Krillin so really Roshi is the strongest "human" on earth.

You'd think that'd be worth something, but compared to Saiyans and aliens it doesn't mean jack shit, kind of sad really. Also Saiyans have unlimited potential, can't say the same for humans.

wait so what happened to trunks?

It's a meme.
I love Roshi, even when he is flanderized as fuck.
I like Gohan as a character, but I also think he is scum for never trying to fix his dangerous retard side.

Most of us are watching just out of obligation for keeping up with Dragon ball for 30 years. It's clear most of us aren't very happy with DBS in general.

He is in a new timeline

>How is it entertaining to watch something when it's obvious who is going to win?
Generally, to see *how* they win

>what are the stakes?
Universe gets deleted
Obviously not going to happen so there are basically no stakes.
>Where's the sense of urgency?
There is none because they're obviously going to win.

This arc is pretty trash though (honestly most of Super is)
DB/DBZ are great though, give them a shot

Well then, we don't actually know how this arc is going to end though, Goku has been doing some pretty retarded shit lately, Freeza, asking for the Tournament when told to not do it, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes apeshit when U6 gets deleted and breaks some rule or spits on Zenochan.

Speed reading has its limit user

Was anybody else about to cry?

I didn't but i was on the verge.