Symphogear AXZ

So in the fifteen hours since the new episode aired, there's been one very slow thread full of bitching, then nothing for hours.

Has an episode ever gone over this badly here before? Even in the deepest doldrums of GX, there was discussion and speculation from people. Was it the straw that broke the camel's back after previous disappointments, or just lower interest generally because nosubs? Will the finale manage to somehow build up the story towards a satisfying conclusion, or is this a mere hint at what's to come? Is it playing any better to the Japanese audience?

Remember when this show had subs?
Yeah, me neither.

>No subs
> Season is just GX 2.0 but without eberyone being retarded
>But only because half the cast isn't there
I'm still having fun but it's getting pretty hard to see the difference between this season and any other generic magical girl/toku show.

I liked the episode a lot. The road chase battle was a lot of fun and actually a lot more clever than the usual wham bam. I really don't get what everyone was bitching about frankly.

But do keep in mind where behind subs by two episodes now so it's a bit hard to actually talk about THIS episode when most of us barely have an idea of what happened last episode

so yeah no subs is killing us

We don't have fast subs so whenever there's an episode with a rather high amount of talking people bitch since they get bored due to not understanding anything.
This episode also didn't have the most impressive fight scene and even the Ogawa training couldn't really score because we already had Genjuro last week.

Also people just love bitching. It wasn't stellar but it also wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Is there a possibility that after credit scene will be important in the next episodes?
Probably Shirabe's name is a link to Fine.

What I don't get is how someone hasn't taken it upon themselves to sub this yet.

I think they where just trying to push the idea that the priest is Shirabe's grandfather

>What I don't get is how someone hasn't taken it upon themselves to sub this yet

It's a lot of effort due to the songs I would assume

Bitching is one thing. GX had bitching all over the place. This episode just seems to provoke a total lack of interest even to complain for many of the people who'd usually be posting.

No

subs

Well, what are you gonna discuss without subs?
Only thing you could really talk about is if Prelati did die or not.

No subs no watch

they do just a week late

Yeah and by the time everyone else gets subs all the hype moments have been plastered over here and people are already speculating for next week.

Even if it's just a songless speed sub we need someone who can at least get us caught up

No subs is hardly new for Symohogear.

I don't think it's ever been this bad though

Even if you know japanese this episode wasn't good.
Obviously the biggest flaw was that this episode was a blatant copy of the previous one.
>Training montage agains a male character
>Gears get outclassed because they need to throw a bone to Genjuro/Ogawa fags for GX
>Boring drama focused on one character (AKA Don't like her then you are fucked for half the runtime)
>Fight scene starts with the gear users getting blown up
>They tank it with the new powerup and the duet starts
>The duo gattai's into a vehicle because they are setting up a gattai between all three parts for the Finale
>Clash with the alchemist vehicle
>Alchemist dies in a black and white cut

Im pretty sure that between GX and AXZ the animators did a workshop where they learned how to do these cuts and now want to get as much mileage out of it as possible.

yeah. the episode itself wasn't bad, we had just already seen it before

>Even in the deepest doldrums of GX, there was discussion and speculation from people.
Yeah, we had subs and everyone knew what was going on.
Subs for today's episode might appear in 8 days or so.

I'm intrigued to see where they go with killing off the other Alchemists.
It's not like Carol's autoscorers,
who were just single-minded killing machines without a trace of humanity in them; I don't think they even really cared whenever one of the other dolls got annihilated.
Cagliostro and Prelati were humanised a lot in the last few episodes to the point were you'd think they'd make a face turn, so it'd be weird if they were permanently killed off for little plot significance.
Is Saint-Germain's righteous anger at the death of her friends going to give Hibiki a dangerous empathetic pause next episode?
Will Germain seek revenge, by say, kidnapping and threatening to execute Miku?

I'm still not convinced they are dead. Their death would have felt pretty pointless then.

They are alive, it's the same animation of when S.Germain hit Hibiki

>No Kendama blade
>Hibiki needs to have a duet with Kirika and sing Hanasaku yuuki
Hibiki and Kirika are going to beat Germain then Adam will interrupt and fuck shit up. Prelati and Caligostro will make a grand entrance and everyone will beat Adam. Germain will still stick to her goals then it will be the alchemist vs the Gears with Hibiki singing Hanasaku yuuki.

fag for cag here
As much as I'd really like to think they'll return, since I found them to be far more interesting than Maria and Shirabe's dumb personal dramas, I keep in mind that this series has never been shy about killing off secondary characters.

If they actually are dead, then that was rather weak writing. Their deaths didn't even have any meaning then because both fights were completely inconsequential. It wasn't like in Val Verde, where the alchemists wanted to recover Tiki and the Geahs were interfering, or like at the Kazanari headquarters where they needed to destroy whatever data the Geahs had on them btw, was that what was in Maria's suitcase?. It was just
>Let's fight!

>Boring drama focused on one character (AKA Don't like her then you are fucked for half the runtime)
At least Maria's drama had a morally questionable/clumsily handled denouement we could all discus/mock.
Shirabe's was really just boring, even if we did get to meet her long lost grandfather.

Prelati's fight this episode had a better reason for happening than Cag's.
May even have some tragic pay off.
>If only Prelati managed to warn Germain of Adam's imminent betrayal, so much could've been avoided.

Almost certain Cag and Prel are not dead. They defo coming back to bite Adam in the arse.

Also think Adam is going to sacrifice Tiki cause he's a bastard like that.

Maria and Chris killer combo is one thing. I highly doubt they'd let cute little Shirabe go round murderin another little girl.

good thing that's not a girl

What seems weird to me is that it apparently doesn't faze them at all that they at least seemingly blew up another person. A lot of them have been shown to have concerns about killing other humans.

>Shirabe falling into depression next episode over having killed Prelati
>it's resolved by them finding out he was originally a guy rather than a cute girl so it's okay

Everyone but Bikki was trained for most of their lives to be stone cold killers.
The other geahs only avoid killing human enemies when she's around, otherwise they'll kill without mercy.

GX had fastsubs if I remember correctly

>Im pretty sure that between GX and AXZ the animators did a workshop where they learned how to do these cuts
I just imagined that from the viewpoint of the Shirobako crew. Made me smile.

Neh. Only Maria is confirmed killer.

Hey, How she and Kiri came to be in the care of FIS has been a long unanswered question so we at least got some new info out of it which actually really helps flesh her out more

full version of Change the future when??

TESTAMENT -Aufwachen Form- just got confirmed in anisama.

The episode was just incredibly boring, and I doubt subs will change it that much. Ogawa's training was just a repeat of Genjuro's "We didn't forget that he's a badass" training scene, except it was even more boring even when he "died". The only moderatly interesting thing was how disturbing it was with Prelati screaming for St. Germain as she burned to death or vaporized or whatever the fuck that black and white cut signifies.

Is this the first episode where the Symphogears have just gone and murdered innocent people? Prelati was just travelling towards her friend to save her and stop the evil Adam, and the Symphogears attacked and murdered her.

The sign at the end doesn't mean anything guys, it's just a kanji pronounciation joke.

>Only Nana Midzuki's the only one left that likes this series
>No subs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Suck it Symphofags!
It Begins!

100% chance that this will be the ed for episode 12. Either germain, Mikurgear or Carol (most likely) is gonna appear in the countdown as there is still a slot left.
Would be cool if they extended the countdown and all 3 of them appeared.

Commie's website actually shows something more than encoding done on episode 8. We may actually get that episode before the end of the two week break.

>the Symphogears have just gone and murdered innocent people
>innocent

Both of 2 bodies to sacrifice have been lost.
So they will aim Elf9?

Not that user, but even if innocent might not be the right word, their assault was certainly unprovoked.

I still love Sympogear and I still love all you who are fans of it.

Did you watch most of Chris' shit in G onwards? She still blames herself for every death at the hands of Noise summoned by Solomon's Cane

>Noise as a result of Chris have probably killed hundreds
>Noise as a result of FIS helping Ver have probably killed hundreds
>Tsubasa probably stabbed a guy once

>Tsubasa probably stabbed a guy once
I wish it was me.

I want Hibiki to punch my head off.

VROOM VROOM

What I learnt from the threads after the episode air is that alot of people don't like Shirabe. DMJii and Kirika are good but not just Shirabe apparently. Also, more anons need to learn Japanese.

Some of people don't like it because they want Tsubasa episode.

I don't have a problem with FIS specifically, just the way they're being handled. They drag on episodes with the same stupid drama bullshit that ruined GX. We don't need 4 episodes of Maria remembering to be strong by being useless.

I'm also a Tsubasafag and while she wasn't the main focus, she did some stuff at least. Just like in the prior episode when she tagged along with Chris. Would I like for her to get center stage? Absoluately. But the episode was good imo. Only bad thing was the fact that Prelati was a super lame mage style fighter instead of bear's boxing and hearts.

I don't think the complaints were (mainly) with Shirabe's screentime, but more that people were hoping that now the childhood flashbacks were finished for the season and we would get the plot rolling for good. I know that Shirabe and Kirika have the most untapped potential in this regard, but they could have saved it for next season. Unless something is going to happen to DMJii that would not allow for postponing this?

It's probably because this episode was shit.

I wouldn't say people outright dislike her, but she's definitely the least popular geah. Her reserved personality means she never stands out.

I feel like the plot won't end this season.Or was that confirmed already? Also an user mentioned that the creator revealed powerlevels for the geahs, anyone have it?

Exactly. The episode was boring and bland outside of the 80 seconds Adam was on-screen. A shame the show's devolved into "Wait for the villain to show up and do a cool thing" but I guess it can't be helped when you die halfway through production.

How will they ever recover?

I'm not sure when this is from, though. It might not be entirely up to date.

Man I always thought Hibiki was the strongest then Tsubasa. Chris has highest offensive shit but she's like an artillery unit thing. Maria being considered stronger than Hibiki is super weird.

They will make a spin off with a new character as the lead. Have Tsubasa and Maria:^) act as parent figures.
The spinoff focusses on the new character entering a tournament with her rival and two jobber friends.

Serena coming back in S5 confirmed!

Why are there so many people who seem to hate the show in these threads? If you don't like it don't fucking watch it, this is almost as bad as Vivid Strike threads.

This is how it has always been in Symphogear threads newfag

>so many people who seem to hate the show
AI YO

Literally every slightly popular Sup Forums threads ever.

Armed Gears are no joke. Hibiki needs to get in punching range, whilst the others all have sword rains/guns

Fuck off, if I want to shitpost, I'll do it where I please.

So did Hibiki finish he homework for good last episode? If not, Miku shouldn't let her go on sightseeing trips with her colleagues, she will never finish them this way.

Disliking the latest episode isn't the same as hating the show.

Hibiki isn't considered top-tier because she lacks the training and experience, but she can draw more power than those three.

>just lower interest generally because nosubs

I knew Chris had top offense since I think one of the enemy's said so and she's loaded with weapons. Tsubasa has a bunch of moves, seems to do good 1vs1 and while she loses, they usually give her a reason (like her getting surprised attack by Maria or Chris having a full relic in S1, etc.) to keep her looking strong. But I always thought Hibiki was the top dog with her fists. Also iirc, one of the dolls said something about Shirabe's song not being worth fighting her for or something like that so I knew she was the weakest.

Yeah, Hibiki's a wrecking ball usually, but against someone who could fly, she'd struggle to do anything as she couldn't just shoot them like the others (even DMJii), so her only option would be pinging herself after them with the piledrivers.

Tsubasa is 100% the strongest, even just Shadow Stitching should let her end fights instantly, plot armour notwithstanding I am a Tsubasafag so take my words with a pinch of salt

Was the last time Tsubasa did Shadow Stitching in G? Don't know why you wouldn't keep doing that move.

>against someone who could fly, she'd struggle
So I guess her ranged attacks at the end of season one are never coming back

I always felt like the studio didn't think they'd get a second season and slapped a bunch of shit in S1 because of that.

He outright says that when protagonist plot armor kicks in, Hibiki is the strongest. But in "normal" conditions she has less experience, less training, less versatility, and no armed gear.

Now I've got the idea of Hibiki slamming her gauntlets together to form a single cannon on one arm and that's rad as fuck.

>subs
>2 eps behind

They'll all be subbed by next week. Then we can shit on them properly.

I don't know where this is from but Kaneko posted something very similar on Twitter during GX.
Tsubasa, Chris and Maria are the strongest "all-around", and this is not accounting for things like Hibiki's "miracles" or DMJii using Unison.(in which case they would be stronger)

Pretty balanced all around. 3 of them are the strongest (and most versatile)under normal circumstances but Hibiki/DMJii have more potential/raw power under the correct circumstances.

>Tsubasa just shadow-stitches the alchemists they moment they pull out a teleportation crystal

Suddenly the season would get 10 times better.

No subs. Plus, I think the series lost its steam for quite a while now. The last time I was somewhat interested in this was near the middle of the last season because I liked blue doll. Everything else feels more and more like the same stuff and the series and episodes are all pretty similar, it's just other names they're fighting and the character involved in the obligatory last minute twist/cliffhanger changes.

>They drag on episodes with the same stupid drama bullshit that ruined GX.

But Hibiki had the most bullshit drama in GX.

I think Ogawa did it once in GX?

Also I'm sure anons would like this pic, since from the few threads I've been in, lots of anons hate Maria.

Shirabe is easily the worst gear, but she has one of the cooler more fun symphogears. Conversely Kirika's been growing on me since AXZ started but she's got a really boring geah

Shirabe's gear is fun but it looks ugly as fuck. Also her just sliding into frame is hillarious when it happens. I like Kirika's guillotine move and striped panties.

I'd take her using shockwaves from the pilebunkers as a projectile at this point

I don't hate Maria, but more smug Cag is always welcome in my eyes.

But Hibiki won against Miku, who did exactly what you was describing, flying around shooting laser beam.

The others would have struggled a lot less

It's impossible to give power levels because everyone is as strong as they need to be for the scene to work.

>won
Miku fucked up because she saw Hibiki growing a cancer.