Fireworks

>Pretty big drop for Fireworks. Around half of last weekend's admissions (so ~150 million this weekend).
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-07-11/shaft-shunji-iwai-fireworks-anime-film-reveals-3rd-trailer-release-in-110-countries/.118669
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please don't bully Shaft!
They're trying their best!

They delayed (or even cancelled) Madoka's continuation in favor of it.

good

Next Your Name they said

Katachi-killer they said

Great

What is that like a 50% drop from the first week? That's pretty bad also considering it's on 300 screens.

japan can't appreciate anime kino when they see it.

>production mess
>kino

Source?

who's they

>Try to rip off kimi no na wa
>forget about godtier animation
>make it a slideshow
Hee I wonder what

Source is his ass

I hope you realize your "they" is the IRC shitposting crew. No one ever expected this to overtake Kimi no na wa.

Kimi no na wa got successful because of how compatible it was with the west audience.

It was good but the marketing really helped.

>>Kimi no na wa got successful because of how compatible it was with the west audience.
>fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, behind Spirited Away, Titanic and Frozen, making it the second highest-grossing Japanese made animated film of all time in Japan.
>it was with the west audience.

It's the one who is the most talked about. It was a fantastic movie, I loved it. But most anime movies don't get near the marketing Kimi no na wa got in the west.

I'm mainly talking about how well it did in the west compared to some others.

What are you talking about?

It was a success because of how compatible with the eastern audience. It broke box office records in Japan, China, and Korea. The western reception of it was miniscule by comparison.

Shinkai is actually just ripping off Shunji Iwai's works. He's just redoing what his seniors did before him.

When movies get big in Japan they get talked about in the west, same thing happened with Shin Godzilla.

I mean is anyone really expecting big things from this.

Apparently Toho was, which is why they released it in their main summer slot (the same one that Kimi no Na wa and most of the Ghibli films got).

Th masses don't circlejerk around shitty SHAFTisms like Otaku do.

Even as a Shaft fan, I can say this movie looks pretty bad. You can see choppy animation and shit quality CG in the trailers, which usually only highlight the best parts of a film to attract audiences.

If Shaft had put even half as much effort into this as they did for Madoka Rebellion, it might've been a success.

>forced animation

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-07-11/shaft-shunji-iwai-fireworks-anime-film-reveals-3rd-trailer-release-in-110-countries/.118669
>The staff revealed at the press event that completion of SHAFT's animation of the film has been delayed.
Why couldn't they get their shit together for this?

I seriously can not fucking understand why producers take Shaft seriously, have they never seen a single thing they put out? It's like they find out that Monogatari keeps selling and they just say "get me whatever studio is making that" without even looking at the fucking enormous track record of failures that they have outside of Monogatari and Madoka.

They have never been able to get their shit together for anything, why would this be the exception?

Good old shaft, incompetent as always

Aren't they working on a few other shows as well though?

I still think Shaft's animation is the most appealing out of the studios

Probably, but most studios are constantly working on more than one thing at a time. And you'd think a big theatrical film should take priority over TV shows.

If I had to guess, it's probably that they had too much on their plate.

While they were making this, they were also working on the last Kizu movie, Owari S2, Sangatsu S2 and the Zaregoto OVAs.

Shaft isn't a big enough studio that they can work on that many projects simultaniously and still put out a good product for each of them.

But when a big producer like Toho tells you they want you to animate their next summer blockbuster, you have to say yes regardless of how feasible it is.

What the fuck happened to Prism Nana? Why the fuck aren't we getting any BDs or DVDs for it?

>What went wrong?

Prisma Ilya movie literally bodied every other movie airing right now.

Prism Nana was just a Pachinko gig.

This was produced earlier than Kimi ni generic flick

But it still ended up with worse animation and production.

>What went wrong?- 37 posts and 5 image replies shown.
SHAFT obviously

What an idiot you are.

39 Posts not including mine

I honestly think Shaft gets it's deals because of Monogatari selling so well. Heck it still sales well despite it's decay. I guess other companies wish to replicate that success, but I doubt a success like Monogatari will ever appear again.

Will shaft ever get a 10k+ seller ever again?

Yes, quite easily actually. The Zaregoto OVAs are selling more then 10k per volume and they have Fate/Extra coming out next year.

Doesn't Zaregoto cost half of a normal BD or am I confusing it with something else?

They will if they continue Madoka on from its almost literal cliffhanger.

>What went wrong?
SHAFT

Is it doing worse than the Prisma Illya movie?

ircnorms do not have human rights

Aren't the reviews pretty bad too? Sad

barely any normies here know about it at all, I don't see what that has anything to do with it breaking box office records all over the far east

How come Shinkai was so successful ripping off Iwai but when Shaft actually adapt one of his books they are bombing?

Hate to say it, but this is the way Shaft has operated for years. They take more jobs than they can feasibly handle, then smugly collect their checks while putting out half finished products. There's few studios that are more dishonest than Shaft.