You did this you fuckers

You did this you fuckers
it's happening

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/314930/Rhode_Island_might_tax_violent_games_to_fund_mental_health_programs.php
rilin.state.ri.us/pressrelease/_layouts/RIL.PressRelease.ListStructure/Forms/DisplayForm.aspx?List=c8baae31-3c10-431c-8dcd-9dbbe21ce3e9&ID=13482
youtube.com/watch?v=E5WzrWKfe6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Links:
gamasutra.com/view/news/314930/Rhode_Island_might_tax_violent_games_to_fund_mental_health_programs.php

rilin.state.ri.us/pressrelease/_layouts/RIL.PressRelease.ListStructure/Forms/DisplayForm.aspx?List=c8baae31-3c10-431c-8dcd-9dbbe21ce3e9&ID=13482

based Polygon is with us
Ben Kuchera is /ourguy/

Wow, wtf, I love retarded republicans conning me and taking away my vidya.
Fuck off, Sup Forumstard.

Violent games dont cause mental health problems though
And why not tax violent books or movies too?

You know what causes mental health issues? Being raised by a single mom

No but see when the senators were young there were no vidya gaems and there were no shootings so it's vidya gaems

>I can't believe we're still blaming video games in 2018
Does he really not see the hypocrisy?

>You know what causes mental health issues? Being raised by a single mom
We can't ban black people, user.

As someone who used to live in RI I'm more inclined to believe this is more out of desperation to generate revenue against their massive deficit. Their unemployment rate when I left was one of the worst in the country as well, so they have much bigger problems than video games.

If this shit spreads to other states we're fucked.

>Violent viyda game are horrible and 'cause mental illness and school shootings!
>But lets ignore violent movies, books, cartoons and TV shows
Really activates those almonds

>games don’t cause violence

>games cause sexism / racism

Which one is it polysoy?

>We can't ban black people, user.
Not with that attitude.

Fuck off Ben.

>"There is evidence that children exposed to violent video games at a young age tend to act more aggressively than those who are not," said Nardolillo. "This bill would give schools the additional resources needed to help students deal with that aggression in a positive way.

>Reps fuck you over
>Spend the thread whining about soyboy e-celebs
wew

Just because the gubmint are fags doesn't mean I'm going to forget Polygon's bullshit.

The point is that his oxymoronic positions work to discredit his claims

>There is evidence
?????

>Vinny Vinesauce is probably cumming because of this announcement
The only guy I know who lives there and he is a complete cuckold

Yeah man, anecdotal evidence- they saw a post on Facebook by a vapid white soccer mom that said that

nah, americans did this

WE DID IT Sup Forums PRAISE KEK

>mental health programs
I can already see what kind of LITERALLY SHAKING mental health programs would get funded with this money

I'm very conflicted. I have always maintained the reason America has so many mass shootings is poor mental health services so it's nice somebody is finally admiting it. On the other hand they are still blaming Vidya at the same time. And of course if it is successful the anti game lobby will pin it on the Vidya tax instead of the mental health funding.

I want to say that's based but I am scared if I read the article it will turn out he is actually blaming guns.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5WzrWKfe6o

Americans have shootings because their media feeds them hatred 24/7

>fund mental health programs
let's be honest, that money is going straight into some politician's pocket.

Would the politition not then need to seek mental health services to deal with the guilt of taking the money?

Cool, except it'll end like all mental health campaigns end: with nothing being accomplished. And all it will do is push people online or to services not based in RI that aren't vulnerable to it's taxation.

Don't forget how any indies or retailers working in rhode island will now pull out entirely, dooming any sort of economic boost vidya gave to them.

I think we should tax violent sex.

I voted for the reps so I'll support everything I do. If I stopped supporting the reps I'd have to start voting dems and then I'd have to kill myself

But other countries media acts the same.

I have an anecdote that goes against this. My life is that anecdote. I grew up in Serbia during the 90s, I was the only kid lucky enough to have a computer, a 486 back home. I played all kinds of violent games, especially Doom and Duke 3D. I was way way waaaaay less violent and way more calm than almost any other fuckface retarded kid I had the misfortune to go to school with.

I feel like video games have caused a negative outcome in my life. Not because they inspire me to commit acts of violence but because it gives me a substitute to feeling actual success and allowed me the path to ignore improving myself in order to just lock myself away from the rest of the world.

Then why do other countries not have mass murder unrelated to crime or religion.

Because Amerimutts are fucked in the head.

Good the less people who can afford vidya the better. Bring back Doom did Colombine

And how are they going to break down what’s violent and what’s not? What if the game is rated M only for Nudity and Sexual Acts? What if it’s a E rated game with implied violence? Are they going to tax Pokémon because of its violence?

but video games have actually been proven to be beneficial for venting aggression

Yes but why are amerimutts fucked in the head?
What happens in the u.s to make this happen that doesn't happen anywhere else.

>mental health programs
>anyone who doesn't want higher taxes and more surveillance needs mental health

there is none, polygon and such are blaming the gamers not the games

Define violent.
Guns? What if cartoon guns?
Killing? Mario kills, Kirby kills.
Blood? What about Trauma team?

I'm honestly amazed people don't give Pokemon more shit for what is essentially Monster cockfights. Is it just because kids were so into the cartoon parents were willing to overlook it in Vidya?

The american political system everyone.

All of us are taught to be self-loathing. Every single one of us. It doesn't matter how you're born, what you like or what you do, you're fucking scum.

Niggers

>Video games are Sup Forums
Nice.

might be a good thing.
let video games become bland and boring, and let the indie scene flourish.

Personally I hope for the return of the AA game. Things were better when lots of small companies threw out all sorts of idea while surviving off of modest profits instead of spending millions upon millions on advertising and killing anything that didn't deliver truly absurd returns.

A more likely outcome is companies moving their focus back to T-rated games.