At what point did eyeshield 21 went wrong?

At what point did eyeshield 21 went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iy1j6yDiNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

delta force

It's 'go wrong', not 'went wrong', ESL-kun.

ETL-Kun

So after the christmas bwol?

Yeah in my opinion. It was delta dynamite I was wrong. I felt the cast was never too large and a lot of the loose ends were tied up as they ended their time in Japan, besides Panther's role in the story. Could have been tidied up into a better conclusion than what we got but it's still one of my favorite manga and, importantly, very accessible to those with little football or even sports manga experience.

Theres a clear downturn after the christmas bowl arc but honestly thats inevitable since the whole series was building to it. The later arcs weren't as good but they weren't completely terrible either, the biggest problem was the non-ending.

Very last arc. And even then the final game was good except for the end.

While i do agree with many others that the last arc was unnecessary, i didn't mind it. My only problem with it was the rushed pacing

When Mamori stopped being Sena's love interest.

I don't know exactly, but that's one of the best moments in the series you posted

After the Christmas Bowl. Who the hell cares about Panther? Still, it was a good manga overall, so I have high hopes for Dr. Stone.

Mamori never was Sena's love interest.

After Christmas Bowl.

When Sena was basically The Flash except if The Flash played football and had dreams of going pro, also throw in some shounen elements since Sena could use all these crazy unrealistic moves.

How was Sena not already pro level if he could move at the speed of light and do crazy techniques and shit?

Because nips could never match the speed of black people.

in the world of eyeshield21, pros can do even more. Basically what panther was by the end of the story

You already used past tense in "did", so you should have said "go" instead of "went".

vs. White Knights > vs. Alexanders > vs. Nagas > vs. Dinosaurs > Any other matches > shit > Entirety of World Cup arc

>Dinosaurs that fucking low
get out of my face.

That's pretty high. The match against White Knights was the REAL final of Kanto qualifier. Aside from Hiruma's arm breaking, I don't remember any highlight.

Surely enough, once Hiruma was out of the match, it became kinda dull.

I agree. the chameleon guy returning periodically felt good, he wasn't just early-story fodder.

I like when they first came to America and pushed the truck. As stupid as the idea was it had younger me excited and it was a welcome change of scenery from Japan. Introduced my favorite girl too.

>back when Murata gave characters different faces and bodytypes, and the backgrounds were proper environments instead of a separate layer of filtered photos

In this scenario isn't the author also has a hand in designing the characters instead of leaving it all up to the artist?

I think the single biggest mistake was making Eyeshield 21 a real thing rather than some stupid shit Hiruma made up on the fly, Riku's introduction was pretty fucking dumb too.

OPM manga doesn't have the same face syndrome

>World cup

Fuck this rushed pos arc.

I found the race stuff about panther's superiority a bit uncomfortable to read.

It's true though. In general black people have a different physiognomy. You think it's just a coincidence that the top runners in the world are almost all black?

I get that they wanted to properly frame Sena and Panther's rematch, but rushing through the world cup so quickly made it pointless. Should've just had the American team challenge Japan in a friendly match at Panther's request and the Japan All-stars team could've been formed specifically for that match.

Nagas > Dinosaurs > White Knights > Alexanders > World Cup

I liked Agon. He's a fucking dick but I liked the hype of a fucking beast character.

Also that giant guy from the dinosaurs.

Agon was amazing, and the best antagonist this manga had.

When the Christmas Bowl finals didn't give us Demon Bats vs White Knights.

>dude if we lose this match we can't go to christmas bowl
>ok I was lying but if we lose THIS match we can't go to christmas bowl
>but honestly, this time is the real deal if we don't win

If you tell your team that it's okay to lose they won't try as hard.

It made sense given Hiruma's personality.

That's perfectly reasonable.

Did they beat Alexander? Or was it a draw?

Dinosaurs

The world cup arc was ass but it had one good bit. All the other players get those fantasy representations of them where they turn into animals and shit, but Don appears as himself, because he's THAT good.

Gen realizes a goal kick from over 60 yards away in the game's final play, putting the Devil Bats at 45 against the Alexanders' 44.

The series should have ended after the Christmas bowl.

but that was a great match, personally it's the second best match after Nagas for me.

Mostly this. Nagas match was the peak of the series due to time stop magic and top-tier trick plays.

>correcting people's grammar on a chinese image board

Lurk moar until you can speak proper English on an English imageboard, underage newfag fuck

It never went completely wrong and it was consistently great. But I agree that towards the end ,from the World Cup to the ending, it gave a bad aftertaste. Shame it was rushed like that.

Do I pick this up or continue happily reading Teppu

Pick it up. It's fantastic.

>yfw no one can't appreciate the gunners match
Shame really, that was one of the special case where Hiruma had a fitting opponent for him.

Nagas match > White Knights match > Alexanders match > Dinosaurs > everything else > Shit > World Cup

Dammit, now I want to read it again.

Gunners are my favorite team.

But the Naga match was still hype as fuck cause it was like humans going up against gods and that's just a fantastic story in any scenario.

Riku is honestly a terrible rival for Sena and Tetsuma is honestly a trick pony that got easily figured out.

Yall hating on the world cup but that all star Japanese team was hype as fuck.

The best of the best team up.

Gunmen, not Gunners. I was stumped trying to remember who you were talking about for a bit.

Nah, it won't be remembered if that was the final. I think the fact that they're suddenly faced them in the 1st round is the main factor why it was feels so hype.
Delta-dynamite is fucking retarded though. But Sena vs Panther battle truly worth it despite all the shit, rushed pacing, meh epilog.

People miscalling dragon for a naga and you got stumped for someone mistaking between gunners and gunmen?

Their full name is Shinryuji Naga so they also have dragon in it.

But they're really called Shinryuuji Naga.

>That chapter where Baldy gets to play.

Holy shit, I didn't realize DS was written by the same guy. I thought Bochi did both writing and drawing.

After the dino match mostly but it's overall downhill past the Naga.

Christmas Bowl is pure ass bare a couple of chapters. I wouldn't be surprised if Murata and Inagaki were stuck with the japanese cold during this part, it's written like shit, it's drawn like shit.

>Godspeed Impulse

Best character I wish he wasn't tied to E21 only

America arc. They should've finished with Sena completing his phonebook and then graduation ceremony for Hiruma and others.

Do you have the manga page of his dry ice entrance?
youtube.com/watch?v=_iy1j6yDiNw

this is the correct answer I had to force myself to finish this game and continue reading

Nagas > White Knights >> Dinosaurs >>> World Cup >>>>> Alexanders

What is the best play in the entire series?

The last arc was the worst part of it and it still managed to give us some very good moments.
I'd dare to say that it never did go wrong

It's not only because Naga was the best team, Agon being a terrifying genius asshole and his whole relationship with the original trio were the main factor of the hype. That's why it was so satisfying when Sena slammed him to the ground. There's also that trick play using the crowd and Kurita BTFO everyone at the last play that make this match so memorable.

The very, very end when it was suppose wrap everything up after the last game.

Right in between the Alexanders first being introduced and the Alexanders game actually starting.

>The last arc was the worst part of it
That's not the Christmas Bowl.

There are shitty opinions, there are redddit opinions, and then there are you, user.

Should've ended after the Christmas Bowl. Or if they want to go through with the WC arc, then don't rush it.

>details starting to get fuzzy
Whelp, it'll be time for another re-read soon

>Entirety of World Cup arc
is it me or did the opposing team only have like 5 named team members?

The play where's the monkey grab the grass from the outfield is arguably the best play he's ever done. Kinda amuse me because I literally knows next to nothing about American football.
His first debut play was against spider right?

Well, I guess that's was the first moment Sena was actually using his hand instead just running through.

Agreed

Was he all star material? Anyone can catch if they slow down enough.