Will we ever see such a masterful blend of storytelling, art, humor, action, emotion, and fan service again?

Will we ever see such a masterful blend of storytelling, art, humor, action, emotion, and fan service again?

It was basically Gurren Lagann, but instead of robots it was girls in slutty dresses. So no. It wasn't a master piece to begin with

Considering how """masterful""" KlK was hopefully not.

Protags were the only good thing about it. Also Nonons voice and the baddie.

It was fucking shit and got a horrible twist removing one of the most hype moments of the anime and shitting everything after it

Pretty much when Nui appears

More than being Gurren Lagann, it was Re:Cutie Honey with a few Gurren Lagann twists, like the usual Imaishi strawman on how all authority is bad.

Explain exactly how was it like TTLG. It had nothing to do with it in terms of thematic inspiration, animation composition, frame construction, or even tone. Watch more than 20 shows.

>masterful blend of storytelling, art, humour, action, emotion and fan service again?

Why did the great plot/premise take such a nosedive after episode 9 bros ;_;

i like nui

Nui only got good when her arms were cut off

It was better than Gurren Lagann due to not having a shitty ending that creator feels bad about

My boy, KLK was the Ween of anime.

TTGL had a much better ending than KlK

I think it had different flaws from TTGL but I am not sure if I could call one or the other objectively "better". It was much more lighthearted and relaxed than TTGL in terms of tone, so it makes sense its ending was more optimistic with (almost) all the heroes living a happy lives in the end as well. I enjoyed what they did in terms of animation techniques in KlK more but this is mostly due to personal preferences. TTLG had more compelling characters that tugged at your heartstrings more when something bad happened to them (which was all the time), so it kept me more engaged in terms of storytelling but less engaged in terms of animation technique.

KlK is more of a story of a girl's experiences as she grows up, learning to accept herself, struggling against societal expectations (example: Ryuuko putting on Junketsu and losing her personality as she seeks conformity), and declaring ownership of her own body (which Satsuki did ever since episode 3). It might be somewhat hard to understand or relate to as a male viewer.

TTGL on the other hand explored male insecurities, such as the struggle to appear masculine despite overwhelming odds and having the wisdom to know when to back down, losing a woman to your best friend and where you place your priorities in such a situation, and again - trying to live up to societal expectations.

Other than those two broad concepts being similar, the rest of the themes explored in the two shows are vastly different with TTLG taking a more focused approach, and KlK jamming in a ton of references and concepts that might make the show richer, but also water things down to a certain extend. Still, if someone I dont know asks me which show I would recommend them to watch, I would say TTGL since it is more accessible and easier to understand while still being great from an artistic point of view.

TTGL had the exact same ending as KLK.

That was just one point in those endings. This scene in KLK was a pretty standard magic girl/super sentai one where the heroes lose their super powers to go live a normal life.

Nova was in Luluco so it was obviously a reference to TTGL since everything in Luluco was a reference to something.

>again
That pronoun is used only when something already happened.

KLK taught me an important thing about anime. You can enjoy the good things and dismiss the rest because its shit.

All of Gurren-Dan confronts Anti-Spiral, then they use all their power so that Simon and Nia can confront Anti-Spiral alone. They manage to win but Nia's body breaks down due to doing it and she dies. Simon goes back home and plants flowers, Nia's wish.

All of Honnoji Academy confronts Ragyo, then they use all of their power so that Ryuko and Senketsu can confront Ragyo alone. They manage to win but Senketsu's body breaks down due to doing it and he dies. Ryuko goes back home and goes shopping for cute clothes, Senketsu's wish.

All of Space Patrol confronts Black Holeian, then they use all of their power so that Luluco and Nova-kun can confront Black Holeian alone. They manage to win but Nova-kun's body breaks down due to doing it and he gets sent to the next dimension. Luluco goes back home and goes on adventures to meet him again, Nova-kun's wish.

Pure garbage.

Imaishi is really good at making anime. I wouldn't consider KlK or TTGL masterful but they sure are a blast to watch.

>Imaishi is really good at making anime
Care to tell us why you think so? I think he is unoriginal and unremarkable.

say no more senpai

Nova being in this picture makes no sense, since they do meet again even if as a background gag in Kiznaiver.

Senketsu gives Ryuuko the scissor blade as well in the OVA, so he is alive somewhere out there as well in the vast Cosmos. Its just Trigger being Trigger.