Why the fuck does Sailor Moon feel so epic?

Why the fuck does Sailor Moon feel so epic?

Because it's part of the epic genre

Saint Seiya was her spiritual husbando before Cheerleader Kamen showed up in her life.

MOON PRISM POWER! MAKE UP

NEMESIS PROTEIN POWDER! SUIT UP!!!!!

>In middle school
>Turn on Sailor Moon movie or show I don't know it was the only cartoon on at that time on the dish
>She's in a tattered wedding dress on a desolate floating rock getting her shit kicked in my some freaky monster

Man was it unsettling.

That and that scientist villain who had a female lab coat assisstant that obviously never wore a bra based on the cut of the opening of her labcoat.

>epic
>>>/2007/

because it's well directed and has good music

Epic is an actual word with an actual meaning, and OP used it correctly. It doesn't just mean "cool."

This show is baller for real.

It's nice how fresh it feels. I don't want to get all negative, but more recent anime often feels like it's just based on several decades of prior anime. Sailor Moon doesn't feel derivative, even though it's part of a codified genre. It feels oddly heartfelt and raw.

Most anime about girls is about anime girls. Sailor moon feels like it's about actual girls.

I watched this as a kid on Australian TV, but I honestly have no memory of it.
Is there a recommended release of the original, by which I mean not the eyesore that is Crystal?

It was written and draw by female author,
femal author often know how to write women and girl more

I've been watching it on Hulu. Decent VAs, and less edited than the original western release (General Zoisite is a flamboyant, pretty gay man instead of a woman, for instance.)

My wife was a big fan back in the day, and gives the version on Hulu her approval.

it barely followed the manga and very early surpassed it. Also was directed by men and best and most influential and famous elements (e. g. Uranus and Neptune canon couple in anime, whereas in the manga it was barely a thing) were written and directed by men.

>It was written and draw by female author
Sex of the author doesn't matter.

Good direction on the adaption with some well-written elements on the mangaka's end. Good direction always makes an adaption stand out.

>sex of the author doesn't matter

you only see this stuff every 10-15 episodes or in select arcs

>>sex of the author doesn't matter

No, men in general know how to write and draw better. Sailor Moon isn't know for its art or writing. It just happens to gain popularity despite that.

You knew how stupid that was, but you posted it anyway. What a silly thing to do.

You knew you were reddit-spacing and not bringing any argument to the table. And still did it because you crave attention despite showing time and time again you do not only not belong here, you are also ignorant.

By writing i assume you mean dialogue cause female mangaka are good at story plot and universe building

Yeah and naruto has great world-building as-well.

What is this nigger going on about

The sex of the author plays no role on the quality of the work of art.

If you truly didn't comprehend me, you would again only prove that you're ignorant but you did stop reddit-spacing so I can only assume you are just pretending to be retarded.

Don't give her attention lad.

hahaha. Your denial of biological differences of the human species is hilarious.

Entirely wrong. Stop trying to be colorblind.
Men writing teenage girls is why trash like Looking for Alaska exists.

Clamp- Magic Knight Rayearth, Tsubasa, etc
Rumiko Takahashi- Ranma, Inuyasha
Yuu Watase- Fushigi Yuugi
Natsuki Takaya-Fruits Basket
Hiromu Arakawa- FullMetal Alch, Silver Spoon

Off top of my head

Those have more to do with physical traits than mental ones. There are mental differences too, but they aren't as significant as the physical ones.

The other day I watched the bumpers and listened to some of the OST, its a pretty well crafted show all things considered.

I'm also halfway into the manga, but I think the anime is better.

>but I think the anime is better.
Most people do, at least for the first three arcs.
The last two manga arcs have more people willing to defend them over the anime version, but it's a pretty even split.

Oh yeah, that female that wrote Juuni kouki/12 kingdoms to

Go back to school for the love of god.

Why are you so butthurt I agreed with you? To be clear, I'm not the person you were talking to previously.
There are physical differences between men and women.
There are mental differences between men and women.
All I said was the mental differences are easier to overcome than the physical ones.

Men writting tenage girls is why Utena and every female there, Rei, Asuka, Lain, and yes, even anime version of Sailor moon and many others exist.
At some point you'll have to stop milking sexual dismorphism.

>why are you so butthurt
I'm not. Stop projecting.

?

>I'm not. Stop projecting.
What part of my post indicates that I'm butthurt?

>implying any of those are good

Huh? Utena and Eva are writen by men

>implying they're not

Which was exacly my piont

They aren't.

They are.

Yes! Give me your negative emotions!

>unzips pants and whips out fat tumescent cock

?

>Why the fuck does Sailor Moon feel so epic?

>/r9k/ politics on Sup Forums

>this dumb fuck actually exists

>politics on Sup Forums

It's not politics though. Literal biology.

>triggered

And this is how a perfectly good Sailor Moon thread gets severely derailed.

See the 2nd paragraph.

Here, have a smug Galaxia to make up for it.

Biology is a politic.

I see no paragraphs.

Nope.

>I see no paragraphs.
Okay i'll quote it just for you.
>At some point you'll have to stop milking sexual dismorphism.

>biology isn't a politic because I'm too deep in the politic to see it

?

Who are you quoting?

>?
Stop misusing the notions of biology and sexual dismorphism.
there, better?

I'm not.

you are.

because you're a little girl inside

Nope. That's a conversation happening entirely in your head.

Wow, nice one m8.

Thanks. Not your m8 though.

>asspained for getting exposed

that's a figure of speech.

Dumbass i know you dont read or think or know shit about literature but ill tell you that writing is broken into many elements: dialogue,plot, and setting.

So?