Why do people rate this so highly?

Why do people rate this so highly?

I am on episode 46. It started out good but there is so much stupid shit that happens. Been putting off finishing it. Is it worth it to continue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ir6_8HRfA8
youtube.com/watch?v=msTB5r8nUHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched it at 2x speed and it's still not worth it.

It's rated highly because low standards and the community is mostly children. Finish it if you're liking it or want to see how it ends, drop it if you don't. Not a hard choice.

People rate it highly because it's so painfully boring that weebs feel they're "patrician" for liking it.

Because character development once stood for something other than dramatic scenes where you yell out your feelings or dramatic fights.

I rate it highly because I liked it but you're free not to share my superior taste you attention seeking pleb.

I was liking it up until the fire at the libary where nina and kenzo just stood there. The last episode I watched also revealed that Johan was crossdressing as nina in prague.
Seemed really fucking stupid.

>implying that's not what the majority of pre-2000s anime did as well.

Objectively the best anime ever made

Objectively the shittiest anime ever made. It's long, boring, pretentious garbage in which literally nothing happens.

Naruto is better than this crap.

Just like any long, pseudo intelectual anime that retards bait you into watching, it's just trash that retards deliberately bait you into watching so you lose your time on a humongously long garbage.
Other good examples of pseudo intelectual trash with massive runtimes:
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Trigun
Gungrave
Kaiji
Akagi
Darker than Black
Lupin the 3rd
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Psycho Pass

Avoid this like the plague lest your taste be forever cancer

>evangelion
>ghost in the shell
>psuedo intellectual

enjoy your worthless moeshit that doesn't even try to do anything besides pander faggot

>Just like any long, pseudo intelectual anime that retards bait you into watching...
speaking of bait...

Overrated shit.
Monster - nothing happens, the show
Aria - fucking show about nothing
Cowboy Bebop - i failed in music school, the musical

It's definitely a slow-burn drama. I wouldn't ever in a million years try to marathon this show, but watching an episode here or there, it's just interesting enough to leave you wondering how things will turn out. Show would have benefited greatly from a much reduced run time (like 1/3 the episodes), but there were a lot of cool concepts.

Doesn't help that the ending doesn't feel as climactic as it should be. The story is about the journey there, getting all the hints and slowly unfolding how truly terrible Johan really is, then the ending is just kinda... there.If you can't buy into the anticipation and tension, then there's literally no payoff to the show.

>dude freud lmao

I mean, up to the point I mentioned in my last comment here: I enjoyed a lot of the characters, thought the show did a really good job with them.

There was definitely some tension/drama but that point just kinda killed it for me. Felt like something else should have happened there.

I don't know about the run time though because I do like how you get a couple episodes focused on new characters whenever they are introduced. Think a lot of the time the writers were just trying to get themselves out of these literary corners they created.

It's very overrated

>Sup Forums on the left
>/m/ on the right
what did he mean by this

Funny how Monster is one of those shows where contrarians post dumb reasons on why its a supposedly dumb series.

There are definitely more fun and interesting characters that have yet to appear, and they'll each have their own little introductory arc. The overall story might be flawed, but those charcter introductory episodes are a thing of beauty.
It might be worth watching just for those if you've enjoyed the previous ones.

don't be a pleb and read the manga
You have to be retarded to not use the original product

youtube.com/watch?v=9ir6_8HRfA8

It's literally the center of an old Sup Forums meme called Overrated Shit, there's a reason for that

It's rated highly because it's by Urasawa and Johan makes the fujos wet.

Also because Johan's a relatively well done villainsue and weebs are into that sort of thing.

At least the OP and ED are fucking fantastic;
youtube.com/watch?v=msTB5r8nUHU

Also had some cute Yuropoor grills

The middle part of the show does drag out, it does start to pick up again towards the end if that is any consolation.

Him crossdressing wasn't that stupid when one thinks how, to hide them better, their mother would dress them like identical girls and made them pretend only Nina exists to the outside world. Johan was either crazy enough to take it a bit too serious, or smart enough to use it as baiting technique. Maybe a bit of both.

It's good for an anime. But otherwise it would be more on the level of a cheap crime thriller.

I just wanted to see more of nina (a character I actually enjoy), was pretty pissed off when it was just johan in a wig.

Agree on this though.

>Why do people rate this so highly?
Because there are so many trashy anime actually, automatically a 6/10 looks like a masterpiece.

user, I'm sorry your dick got confused, but that ain't the series' fault.

I thought it was shit, but compelling shit, like game of thrones.
good meme

retard

Sounds like somebody is still salty about having failed the 9th grade... twice

It's one of my favorite shows, but it definitely does drag at times. You've gotten past most of the slow points already though. Grimmer's development is amazing and the ending is great so I'd recommend sticking through it.

You probably already realized this butJohann hasn't been Nina the whole time, just to try and seduce that one Czech guy in Prague.

>Trigun, Gungrave

They're good for the first 20 episodes, but then they go on for the next fucking 50 episodes holy shit, the ed might have been good if the story of the nameless cunt hadn't been spoiled around halfway of the show.

Don't continue, the ending is disappointing and in all honesty, the character that are introduced later on are like, made for kids.

>Kaiji
>Ergo proxy
>Psycho Pass
>Cowboy Bebop

This is some bad bait.

i found it to be super entertaining. i watched it when i was a child (17yrs old) though which was more than a decade ago, if i recall

As opposed to changing? Nah, fuck that. I like how the energy of the OP contrasts with the far more subdued ED

But yeah I don't like how the credit sequence was made moot halfway through the show, wouldn't been a far more compelling reveal towards the end.