We are fucking doomed

>Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article201604224.html

>A discussion among students at Oberlin High School in Oberlin, La., about a mathematical symbol led to a police investigation and a search of one of the student’s homes, according to the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office.

>On the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

>Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/11804393/British-man-arrested-in-Warsaw-trying-to-hold-up-a-bank-armed-only-with-paper.html
censusviewer.com/city/LA/Oberlin/2010
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEE

>american education

Wait until they discover the integral.

pls tell me thats the onion

LET ME OFF THIS RIDE

when can i wake up from this nightmare

to be fair, Oberlin is full of morons

I guess they think guns are the root of all their problems.

eh?

eh??

Carroach!!!!

what is the square root of 0.3136?

america is actually so dumb sometimes its hilarious

>Police searched the student’s home, where they found no guns or any evidence that he had any access to guns. Authorities also wrote there was no evidence the student had any intent to commit harm.

NO
The world needs laughter.

BAN MATH

education thread?

Most of them will never make it far enough in math to know what an integral is

Oh amerilards.. What would we do without you

Jews really did a number on you.

Underrated.

STICK EM UP √

What kind of dyslexic goblino would say a square root symbol looks like a gun?

HAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK
>ITS REAL

saved...

oh saved so hard

Thank God they lost... am I right?!!

>Oberlin
They don't hand out Diplomas over there, just apps for oil rigging and alcoholism.

I dont know what amazes me more, that this happened, or that one of those niggers knew what a division symbol was.

Well memed Croatanon, have this humorous image macro as a show of my keks

fake

This unironically

>guns are ROOT of their problems
>guns * guns = ROOT
Looks like more guns is increasing their ROOT. Bigger is better, its amerimutt land after all.

I can't wait until some insane person thinks ^2 means there's only two genders

How many times are you gonna' make this stupid thread? Saged and hidden. Again.

Yeah calling bullshit on this story or some agency reported the kid and needed provable cause to search his home.

>mutts have beaten the bongs in ridiculousness

I live in Louisiana. Not from here. Can confirm most of the people here, I'd say 65-70% are just fucking idiots.

LMAO
that's probably the most american thing I have seen, ever

ARE YOU RARE

good job ruining a perfectly fine joke with your Finnish autism

>“The student used extremely poor judgment in making the comment, but in light of the actual circumstances, there was clearly no evidence to support criminal charges,” the department wrote, adding that the school board had been contacted to determine any disciplinary action for the student.

Hm, they haven't said what the comment was. Skeptical about this. Bet you any money the reason the police were called was less to do with the square root sign and more to do with what the student said.

hell no

That's just irrational!

Relax, it's louisiana "students," aka niggers.

>pinko

>911. What is your emergency?
>Helb, obbisur. They be firing logic arrows at me from de argument bow. Sabe meeeeeee...

Is the joke that there is no internet in Dominican Republic?

Why would they search someone’s home over a math problem? Pretty sure they could sue the city.

>Argie

I SAW A PICTURE OF A GUN I CANT GO TO SCHOOL THIS WEEK

Forgot pic

Maybe they were looking for stolen goods?

Great bullet points user.

Underrated post by far

common core to be replaced with steel core

>limey

kek'd w/o calculator. tbf, louisiana public schools are le 0%. it's basically africa.

automathic weapons

Did any of you fucking idiots actually read the article?

>Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.

>After several students made comments along those lines, another student said something the sheriff’s office said could have sounded like a threat out of context.

The article never actually says what the student who was investigated said. They only mention that it "sounded like a threat out of context" and that it was in response to the other students mentioning that it looked like a gun.

"The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are. The American 'mind', puerile and primitive, lacks characteristic form and is therefore open to every kind of standardization."

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/11804393/British-man-arrested-in-Warsaw-trying-to-hold-up-a-bank-armed-only-with-paper.html

This happened in Poland btw.
>be english
>try to rob a bank
>be told to go to the end of the line
>go to the end of the line

At least they are cultured.

American public education did a relatively good job with me. If others are failing, I think parenting must be the cause. or genetics, but we're in denial about that so...

The worst fear of american students aren't the al-Qaeda but al-gebra. They may have weapons of math destruction.

Those wonderful Southern states. The ones that cry muh white race. lmao

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it?
Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could
know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard
liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there
thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to
have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is by no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favour and go check
out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

>chuckles sensibly

>searched the student's home
On what basis? They got a warrant (if even that) to search his home because of a mathematical square root symbol? Shouldn't be surprised I guess. If they can get a warrant to make an underage boy pull down his pants and underwear so they can take pictures on their cell phones. There's no measuring for legitimacy. They are allowed warrants for whatever that please.

'Murcia.

Das freut mich

Everyone in this entire country is such a fucking retard, holy shit.

>If they can get a warrant to make an underage boy pull down his pants and underwear so they can take pictures on their cell phones.
you never had penis inspection day?

>Next-Gen trolling.
We're not doomed this is progress.

>Square root sign

It's called a radical, and it can be any power root.

triggernometry is much more scary to the average amerimutt sub85iq mongrel
circles are round like bullets, tracing the rotation of a circle is like military babbykilling tracer rounds
the only reason anyone would need to calculate angles is to slice the pie aka with a salt rifle and a classroom door

The root power of white racism shitlord.

Kill yourself establishment shill.

GOOOOD BLESSS AMERICA.

>Fucking niggers and cucks ruining this nation are everywhere.

Neither did you.

nigger kids

If they would have drawn a square around the gun, it would have been cancelled out.

>oberlin louisiana
>40% nog
>surprise levels: very low
censusviewer.com/city/LA/Oberlin/2010

No, it was white kids, niggers never complain about guns

it looks like penis, therefore sexual harassment

>niggers

kek

Bravo

>a salt rifle
sounds painful

This is the price of freedum :D

BAN ASSAULT ADDITION

Just add each interval manually you Neanderthal

Looks like a Jewish swastika to me.

The Department of Education is a cabinet level department. The US Government is soley responsible for this ignorance. Anybody who stays in school past 10th grade DESERVES whatever they get.

im triggered

I bet at this point you could just call and say “gun” and they’d shut it down. Or email a school with a hand making the gun gesture with the same effects.

But don’t do this. It’s just a thought experiment.

American education is a pure shit.

everythings a fucking gun

-russell peters

wtf I love math now

what are you on about? lurk more faggot

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK?