RON RON RON AHAHAHAHA AKAGI YOU FUCKED UP THIS TIME I WIN

RON RON RON AHAHAHAHA AKAGI YOU FUCKED UP THIS TIME I WIN

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT OLD MAN ? LOOK CLOSELY ON THE RIGHT ROW OF CHINESE SIGNS

AAAAAAAAAAH ITS CHING CHONG LING PING TILE OH MA GAD

BBUT YOU CAN ONLY BEAT MY HAND IF YOU HAVE TWELVE PONGYANG LONG FACING THE EAST

I DO

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AKAGIIIIIIIIIII

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-w9R5msTQ
bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-haouden-rei-r3595
gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3tRRO8rTRWo
youtube.com/watch?v=NvJGKyiGPyQ
bato.to/comic/_/comics/chuukan-kanriroku-tonegawa-r15691
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...af , Washizu Iwao?

kek

>never read the manga
Come back when you want to talk about Washizu overthrowing the lord of hell after dying

Naw, headbump motherfucker.

How the fuck has Washizu never noticed that having Suzuki deal into his hand ALWAYS comes with the risk of Akagi head-bumping him?

ITT Kaijifags that can't learn a simple game like mahjong

youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-w9R5msTQ

I grinned

glad that people start to realize that
>Mahjong is a shit game
>Akagi is a shit series
>Only good FKMT is Kaiji

Why would start to realize something objectively wrong?

t. brainlet

holy crap look at this brainlet faggot.

Akagi is miles ahead of Kaiji. In fact, Kaiji went back to mahjong fundamentals in part 3. Only casual anime faggots don't know this.

HEEHEEHEHEHEEEH

>Only good FKMT is Strongest Man Kurosawa
fixed

Only if we pretend part 2 doesn't exist

Kaiji was alright, akagi is pretty boring.
I like "outsmarting the enemy with meme magic shit".

What is that one like?

It's nice to see FKMT occasionally.
Not, everyfucking day because a bunch of youtube fangirls saw an e-celeb talk about it.

50 year depressed old man tries to be popular.

So it's a meme show more than exciting thriller?

both actually

It's really good, better than Kaiji imo. No gambling, only humans.

I honestly liked kake more cus it was thrilling/outplay even if there was no risk.

I'll try reading it a bit and see how it is. Akagi's opening was drastically slow for me so I don't wanna "force myself to enjoy it eventually".

Kaiji was a grerat character but everyone else was so shit and unremarkable.
Thanks for the recc

>kake
then discard all those and read Zero instead

Kurosawa is basically Kaiji the character but not the gambles.

I'll give it a shot then.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
This one?

Got my brother to start watching Kaiji with me a few weeks ago. Its pretty fun to ask him questions like what he thinks will happen next and stuff. Also hes a pretty quite person, so no crazy 'ANDOU!!' outbursts from him, but when he does say something like 'wow, I really hate that fat guy, I hope Kaiji ruins him in the next dice game' you know that he really really hates someone.

The bog arc has just started, I can't wait to see him laugh at tilt the whole fucking building

bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-haouden-rei-r3595
it's FKMT's most kakegurui-esque work with short sweet gamburus with actual risk too

Original (not Shin) Kurosawa is mostly played straight in spite of the protagonist being a bumbling fucking asshole, and so the resulting plot is pretty fucking depressing. It's similar to Kaiji but without the cool shit and JUST about being a middle aged loser.

I honestly wouldn't wish this trip on anyone.

Tobaku Haouden Zero.
Kaiji but MC is just a nice smart guy (not trash) and the games are short and more crazy Kakegurui-like (with better tactics obviously because Kakegurui is the king of asspulls)

It's amazing how accurate this pic is
First time I enjoyed it but less than Kaiji. Didn’t know shit about mahjong, got bored and didn’t pay attention during the Washizu arc.
Second time I liked it more because there was so much shit I didn’t understand back then. But I was barely familiar with mahjong rules, so the last arc felt again tedious and long.
And goddammit, now I know about mahjong, I’ve watched it for the third time and loved every single second, especially the Washizu arc. I also read the manga. Akagi is definitively better than Kaiji. But at least Kaiji is easy to get in.

Kaiji is more likeable and fun.
Akagi is just bleh to me. Does it pick up speed or character development being fun? Kaiji had -just- him being good but every /non important character/ was pretty fun even if shitty.

Thanks guys. I'll try those out now.

Akagi is only really good if you know how to play mahjong.

Akagi is deep. It's not spelled out like in Kaiji but he (and Washizu) develop a lot during their match, it's more about death and destiny than mahjong. The mindgames are pretty crazy too. Where did you stop?

nice blog.
where can I subscribe?

Yeah I feel that 100%, it's why I stopped. Half the ep I'm just like pic related but it's still just "MC wins always" so nbd.
Even if they fuck him up like in Kaiji, he's a kid so it won't be severe (likely).

Well I mean the pacing is slow to the point of being unlikable. Kaiji was just punch after punch every second and Akagi is just chilling until the match is over mostly.
Episode 2. Sorry.

I guess if it can summed up, Kaiji feels like a lot happens to swing a game in one episode where in Akagi, nothing happens until a character is introduced and even then it's muted.

Is there an episode to skip to that would be better viewing?

>Akagi is just bleh to me
Only if you don't know about mahjond. But if you take the time to learn the rules, and give it a second chance, you will understand how great Akagi is.

Yeah I feel that 100%, it's why I stopped. Half the ep I'm just like pic related but it's still just "MC wins always" so nbd.
Even if they fuck him up like in Kaiji, he's a kid so it won't be severe (likely).
----
Added: I'm not learning Mahjon to understand an anime, but as a whole it's slower paced and less dramatic for the bit I've seen to an unlikable level.

eh, it gets better afterward but it's still about Akagi destroying people, he's not Kaiji so you don't see him struggle as much, he's a genius who can dance with death and survive through miraculous odds.
At least until he fights Washizu and bets his blood. Very tense shit

>Even if they fuck him up like in Kaiji, he's a kid so it won't be severe (likely).
Akagi is the one that does the fucking. It seems to me like you're just not mature enough to enjoy it, Akagi as a whole can be appreciated on many levels even if you don't know mahjong. I've recommended it to people who have no idea what that game is and they still loved it. The anime has a great atmosphere, ost and art direction.

>tfw really enjoyed Akagi and barely understand mahjong
One day I'll rewatch and appreciate it fully. The execution was still good enough to keep it on edge and entertaining even when it's all incomprehensible shit.

Just play this gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

>pic related but it's still just "MC wins always" so nbd.
Akagi is supposed to be an undefeatable genius. You actually empathize more with the villains. Washizu is pretty much the MC of the series at this point.

Also
Akagi lost two times

>there are people who still don't know how to play mahjong

It's fucking easy as shit to learn. Obviously, there's a lot of advanced stuff to master as well as knowing exactly how many points a hand is worth depending on who's dealer, but you don't need to know any of that to start playing or even understand Akagi. All you really need to know is the very basic rules, hands, and relative value of those hands.

shoutout to waifubait for breathing life back into some FKMT threads

If I like akagi would I like that show?

no

There still hasn't been anything more metal in a manga in terms of setup other than washizu mahjong. I dare you to give me something better, honestly.

You lose points? Well, fuck you - I get your blood, until you inevitably pass out and then die. Kaiji and Zero are great but they don't quite get on Akagi's level here. Is Ten worse or better than Akagi, by the way? I started reading and so far I'm a bit thrown off by the artstyle and how non-serious everything is.

>There still hasn't been anything more metal in a manga in terms of setup other than washizu mahjong
Even more in the last round since either Akagi drains Washizu's blood or he dies. No other option.

The beginning of Ten is kinda meh/bad, don't pay too much attention to it. It gets better when Ten plays Hiroyuki and Sawada. The mahjong is at least as good as Akagi, they also cheat more.

The very beginning of Ten is a bit different and more lighthearted than the fkmt we're used to. By the time you get to the East-West battle things should start to seem more familiar.

Will they ever adapt the washizu arc in its entirety? Or maybe Kaiji S3 or some other FKMT manga?

Maybe in pachinko.

Kaiji, maybe. As for Washizu arc, not a fucking chance. You'll never see Washizu fucking up demons in hell, I'm sorry.

>cant be bothered to learn the basics
>its shit
nice memo friendo
kaiji is the best one though

Akagi has thrills, outplays, insane plays (compared to real-life mahjong playstyle), a perceptive MC who adapts to his opponents and (as he states in Ten) builds the foundation befoer coming with the winning strategy.
OP doesn't know that Sashikomi (dealing into someone else's hand on purpose) exists.

imo Akagi isn't just very smart and lucky, he's also a good decision maker when luck isn't on his side.

Not to mention that he risked his life in the chicken game, and one of the minor gangsters attempted to kill him because he (as a minor) would've gotten away with it.

CLIFFHANGERED

three, actually (one to Ten, and the two ambiguous defeats; not counting the nine game near the end of Ten)

As a bonus, there are other mahjong anime/manga or mahjong arcs.

downloading again right now
youtube.com/watch?v=3tRRO8rTRWo

Because Washizu Mahjong is all about that rapid fire win. Even if Akagi could assemble a hand at the same time as Washizu, he'd need to have the same wait. With Washizu's luck, such a situation would never have to come about.

youtube.com/watch?v=NvJGKyiGPyQ
Why is it so good?

How come he didn't win here? Did the next wind have priority?

Because it doesn't sound Japanese.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time

God fucking damn it, my IQ is dropping fast

It does though, you must be new to actual Japanese music.

This dude's got the artstyle to a T, I wouldn't know FKMT didn't draw this if it doesn't say so.

Is this canon? FKMT is the co-author, so it could be. Pretty damned hilarious if so.

>that pic
Does anyone feel that the S3R pei arc was supposed to be the actual end of Akagi and Fukumoto got bullied by Kindai Mahjong into stretching it because otherwise the magazine would die? The way Akagi tricks Washizu into destroying himself feels way more like it encapsulates the entire manga thematically rather than LMAO GOD LUCK.

Who did this?

bato.to/comic/_/comics/chuukan-kanriroku-tonegawa-r15691

The raws are real easy to find, it's much more comedy focused.

i chucked

Reminder that 5 more episodes of the Drama be broadcast on Skapaa this fall.

The blog arc has just started

And you loved every second of it, admit it.

>tfw too much of a brainlet to learn mahjong

You only really need the basics to follow Akagi.

>watching kaiji for the first time
Is this guy on the left with the purple suit the guy who lost to Akagi after trying to jew fake Akagi?

Urabe would be really damn old or dead by the time this happened, so no.

I'll just pretend it's his son/grandson still paying the debts of Urabe's failure.

>Urabe having children
I don't want to think about that, user.

Zero is way better desu

not with that ending

RON RON RON AHAHAHAHA TOKI YOU FUCKED UP THIS TIME I WIN

DONT BE SO SURE
[lesbian magic: look forward five turns]
YOU FELL RIGHT INTO MY RON DON DING DONG TRAP

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT LITTLE GIRL? LOOK CLOSELY ON THE RIGHT ROW OF CHINESE SIGNS

[autist magic: automatically win]
I WIN ON THE FIFTH TILE OF THE WU DYNASTY SUN QUAN BING BONG

(monkey noises)
NOT SO FAST
I WIN BECAUSE I CLIMB MOUNTAINS

My fucking sides

only for boipussy

I'm just theorizing here, stop me if I might be going too far, but you probably like Akagi because you like Mahjong. I know how to play Mahjong, I play it with chinks on the weekends, I don't like Akagi though because I feel like Akagi is near invincible and there's no tension in the game. This is clearly my fault though because I always assumed Akagi was a gambling anime when it isn't it's just a show about mahjong scenarios.

Yes, the different expectations are important. In the first minutes of the show, it's stated that Akagi will rule the underworld. Since every gamble he takes would leave him crippled or dead, he has to win every time for this future to happen. Because it doesn't rely on twists and unexpected, it's one of my favorite shows to rewatch.

>FKMT starts a new arc
>he FUCKING loves this new game
>stretches it ad infinitum with a million chapters of reaction faces where barely anything happens
>gets terrible ratings (and probably sales) as a result
Happened with Akagi, Kaiji, even Zero.
How does FKMT get away with it? Any other mangaka would get its shit canned after 30 chapters.

Even at his worst, FKMT is still pretty damn good. Like pizza.

You don't have to sell a lot to make the best-seller in Kindai Mahjong.

I don't understand why people don't like one poker. Sure it's tiring waiting every week, but when you read it in one go it's amazing like any other arc.

Muraoka was playing before him, which means he could call Ron before him.

>Muraoka
Meant Yasuoka

Speaking of Mahjong, I can't fucking find a way to get my hands on the soundtrack for Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.
The only way I've got is to buy the soundtrack which would cost me 36000 yens.

Kaiji has mahjong in it

I feel for Washizu. Growing old is such a tragedy.

It's okay, he got to finally meet another man like himself before the end.

Looks like FKMT general is really becoming a thing. If you want to talk about mahjong, there's always a mahjong thread on /jp/.