World's 1st Christian Light Novel

animenewsnetwork.cc/interest/2017-08-28/japanese-publisher-plans-world-1st-christian-light-novel/.120645

> Kirishin, Japan's oldest Christian publishing company, will launch what it is calling the "world's first christian light novel" via its newly planned label. The company is holding a contest to find the right book to become its inaugural Christian light novel series.

> The grand prize winner will be published in Kirishin newspapers. Interested writers need only submit a single chapter to be considered. The company is looking for a work that is entertaining but also focuses on Biblical and Christian themes. The author is not required to be Christian to submit a work. Entries will be accepted starting on September 1 until December 31.

>Kirishin launched in Japan at the end of World War II, in 1946. The company has continued to publish religious literature for the last 70 years, including manga.

I swear, if the winner is another isekai....

>Christnips
>trying to stay relevant
It's kinda sad, really. They don't even realize they're headed for the dustbin of history.

The winner will be a fate ripoff that uses biblical figures.

> Christian Isekai
Would it be like Outbreak Company except with Christianity instead of anime and manga?

Jesus vs Godzilla rip off.

Don't lewd the Jesus

I'm supposed to disown Jesus three times, but I'm just trying to enjoy my dinner???

Isekai'd to the world of Lord of the Rings. BAM, instantly Catholicism approved.

>I'm Strong But My Girlfriend Wants To Give Me A Haircut?!
>I'm Trying To Lead My People To The Promised Land But They Keep Sinning?!
>I'm Supposed To Be Pious But God Keeps Killing My Kids?!

Those were all Jewish folklore to begin with, they're not really Christian-specific.

>not even something as weird as Christian LN's are safe from the isekai plague

There's already been Christian Isekai, though. The Chronicles of Narnia.

Nah, ordinary Japanese guy dies and is reborn in a manger. Quickly realizes that he's now a baby Joshua of Nazareth, and has to remember everything he can about Christianity to try and live out Jesus's role.

To be fair, having problems making good media about them is a problem with any religion.

You're technically right, but I suppose they want to make one with more ham-handed Christian morals.

My little sister can't be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ

How to raise a Christian girlfriend

The world God only knows

> "Wait, fuck, I'm going to have to die on the cross."
> "This sucks."

> The world God only knows
But can he see the ending?

>Nah, ordinary Japanese guy dies and is reborn in a manger
If it's a Christian story, wouldn't he just go to Hell?

>God Turned My Wife Into A Pillar Of Salt But My Two Virgin Daughters Still Want A Little Brother?!

Not if he's a Christian already. But then he'd go to heaven so yeah, no luck there.

Our lord can see all the endings

Finally we get tsundere Jesus

Is this yuri

Not all Christian sects believe in predestination.

I'm both a Christian and aspiring sci-fi author who would love for an animated adaption of some of my works in the future, but I can't for the life of me understand why people enjoy light novels. The 'light' part really kills the read.

>aspiring sci-fi author who would love for an animated adaption of some of my works in the future
Post works.

LN is just novel with shorter pages.

"light" just refers to the dialogue used. It's meant to be easy to read (unless the writer is like Nisioisin and loves to fuck with wordplay, but eh).

I think they'd toss out all yuri applications.

I lol'd.

Regular Japanese kid gets killed by truck-kun, goes to heaven and Jesus offers him a second chance plus one wish. He thinks it's all a prank so he wishes Jesus became a girl and went back to earth with him. So begins the new life of user and Jesuko who starts living with him in his 4 tatami room.

This would undoubtedly become popular.

ROMCOM WITH GENDERBEND JESUS LET'S FUCKING GO

But it's the purest form of love.
Jesus said to love thy sister as thou love thyself.

Most don't. Because it makes no sense. You can't have anything remotely resembling moral responsibility in a world bound by determinism.

Kazuma pls.

It doesn't have to be set in biblical times does it?
It'll probably just be like almost every other LN: guy/girl starts high school, joins some group or gets involved in some activity, makes friends, and hijinks happen. Except in this case MC will be a Christian and be gradually converting people.

>2017
>not sending your original content donut steal story of a boy, the LORD GOD's Son, the Messiah JESUS CHRIST, dying and being sent to another world to bring the WORD to the godless heathen races of isekaiworld

That's really silly. There's been plenty of Christians working in anime and Christian themed references in anime/manga media. I think one of the more well known examples is Umineko.

They're cheap and can be read in like an hour. They don't need to be good, just good enough for you to finish the first one, and then you become invested and read the whole series. Most of the authors are young men who have the free time to pump out novels at a stupid pace and get payed very little for it.

That's just Drifters, except Jesus decides he doesn't really like humanity after all.

They all come off as weak reads. I like my rigorous descriptions of environment and character activity. LNs feel incredibly lacking.

>I'm Supposed To Free My People But God Keeps Hardening The Pharaoh's Heart?!
>God Told Me To Build A Boat But What The Fuck Is A Cubit?!

Lord forgive me but that sounds kinda hot.

Difficult to get invested with what feels like overly empty or underdeveloped writing.

> I like my rigorous descriptions of environment and character activity.

> What The Fuck Is A Cubit?!
Ah, the wondrous pi=3 cubit.

We already had that and it sucked.

Then they'll have no hope.

Reminder

Is that the same artist as Shina Dark/Nanoha Force?

>not wanting MC and his bro Kuraisuto Jesus going on adventures converting the fuck out of all delinquents to Christianity.

Jesus vs Uchiha Madara then and Bach from Bleach?

Because it is underdeveloped writing. And I mean that literally - most light novels don't go through any rewrites or drafts. The authors just shit out a novel and hand it over to the publishers.

The target audience obviously isn't people looking for intriguing literature, just young men and otaku who want a dose of escapism

That sounds like an actual LN premise already

This the Lord has spoken

>that pause
lol. Also,
>god is a /u/fag and hates /y/
top lol

And Jesus still won't choose Magdalen

Christian Nisekoi when?

>God is a /u/fag
What the fuck, I'm a Christian now.

That sounds amazing. I mean if we can make Nyaruko-chan and have it work, why the fuck not

He's too dense
Judas will NTR him if he doesn't do something

>He read the Bible edited by (((Them)))

LNs are basically Japanese pulp fiction.

Allah allows it

>Judas NTR'ing Jesus

Gives a different meaning to Judas' betrayal, doesn't it.

*tips fedora*

I don't think I've laughed this hard at two panels in years

Most adaptions of literature into motion picture have to figure out how and where to cut material.
LN adaptions seem often to require myriad creative additions and alterations just to function. I just don't know how people can enjoy writing like that - it would drive me mad to be so bare-bones.

Sup Forums gtfo

Jesus is my virtue
And Judas is the demon I cling to

>Mary Magdalene has an amazing pair of titties
>Judas goes to town on them while Jesus is on the hilltop preaching

You mean the original Bible?

Is that Elni? Being pals with her is always good.

Took forever for this to get posted. Sup Forums, I am disappoint.

Genderbend Jesus is running around Japan helping delinquents and fighting against the forces of evil (Satan) by transforming into a Mahou Shoujo.
Her weapon of choice is a giant cross, that shots magical nails.

I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day now. Thanks, user.

Jesus (((of Nazareth)))

Eve is worst girl.

Elni as in El NiƱo as in baby Jesus.

Eve is the origin of waifu wars

>not Lilith

she was an SJW

>Lilith is the sexy-as-fuck antagonist with demon powers

>Mary, you whore!

Is this really the first? Wow.

A boy falls in love with the Lord. Unable to confess he is gifted by a Deus Ex Machina with the Lord's number.

> Jesus was actually Yeshua
> Judas was actually Yehudah
> Peter was also known as Shimon
English translations of Biblical literature are fucking wrong;

Lilith just didn't give a fuck about serving Adam.

>2017
>jewsus
not even nu age faggots believe in this shit

The first one that wears it on it's sleeve, probably. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some NGE clones on the market

Hey guys, what if. Listen to me here. What if

Jesus and the apostles are little girls doing cute things in Christian School.

Moshi moshi, Jesus desu.

All Lillith wanted was to be on top

Too bad I don't know how to read or write nip, I'd write the best Christian light novel of all time.

>Moshi,moshi, Jesus desu.

Is there really no japanese fanart of bible girls?

>not Lilith
>not Jezebel
>not the great whore of babylon
I mean Eve was dumb but come on...

LET MY PEOPLE GO

>Maria-sama(My mom) wa miteru.

Are we going to get an isekai light novel where the protagonist suddenly wakes up and realizes that he's Jesus brother? I'd read that.