US healthcare

I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia, and I have not started my new job yet so I'm currently uninsured.

Doctors visit (with albuterol treatment and a shot of antibiotics)
60 USD.
Full course antibiotics
15 USD.
Chest xray to confirm pneumonia l
60USD.

Total cost $135 to treat pneumonia.

Why does everyone complain about the cost of health care?

ACA is a total ripoff.

Your Docs a good guy.
The Uniform Trade Secrets Act means he could've charged whatever he damn well liked after he'd treated you, health care pricing is a trade secret so they don't need to tell you upfront. Your Hospitals abuse the hell out of this, charging different patients different fees based on how much they think they can get out of them.

Oh really? Don't think so Benedict Cumberbatch. The charge amount is the same across all payers. The amount billed will vary.

This is because say they had a personal injury patient, they cannot bill Aetna 50x more than BCBS. That would be like giving a kick-back, which is illegal.

LOL this is such bullshit.

You paid for antibiotics for 15 bucks w/ no insurance? And your visit was only 60 bucks?

t. Schlomo

Because you werent admitted to a hospital you unemployed degenerate

No it's not you fucking moron. Do you know how PPO networks work?

>(((for-profit))) healthcare

Ehehehehe....good goyim...
No conflict of interest there!

>getting pneumonia
what a pussy faggot

Suck it schlomo.

I don't have a receipt for the doctors visit.

You dumb nigger that just says it's for the x-ray and reading.

Medicare. Low and no income people are insured.

No shit. Faggot above said it was a lie.

Americans love being controlled by corporate power, it is in their nature

The bottoms one is for Azithromycin, which is an antibiotic used in treating things like Pneumonia.

You a fucking maroon if you think anybody that has ACTUALLY been to a doctor would believe this.

You forgot to mention you're still on your Mom's insurance, didn't you?

Not low income. Lost coverage when I quit last job and new job/coverage doesn't start until mid march.

Euros loved getting taxed and pretending they don't pay for Healthcare

Im an idiot? Literally I write software for practice management. There are 4 numbers in billing:
Units
Charge
Extended (units*charge)
Allowed (units*contracted rate)

It's technically not lawful for your provider to write off your copay for the same reason -- it's a kickback.

Why don't you try supporting your argument with facts before calling someone an idiot, Columbo.

See

We pay less per capita than you and our healthcare is better.

i went in for antibiotics for a tick bite a few years ago and:

600$ for hospital bill
300$ for doctors association
500$ for the hospital room rental fee

i paid for the first two and when the last came i said fuck the world and now i have bad credit but ill never pay that fucking hospital rental fee FUCK OFF FAGGOTS

it's better than getting taxed and pretending they're not paying boeing, halliburton, raytheon, and lockheed executives' christmas bonuses

what's the big fucking deal about socialized healthcare and education? just take 10-15% of the military budget, still have the biggest guns (penises), and everyone is healthy/educated

Most common treatments in the US are inexpensive.
Xrays are $40-$75, antibiotics are cheap and plentiful, and your average office visit shouldn't be more than $75 for half an hour of consultation.

The true costs come when you need surgery, or to stay under observation, where the hospital will charge you the full hour rate of their nurses and all support staff used to process you, charge for the ENTIRE tank of oxygen if you use one, charge for the ENTIRE container of whatever anesthetic they use, and charge the full-time salary of their surgeons directly to you, charge you to replace any instruments used during the surgery (they will clean them in an autoclave and re-use them), and charge you an hourly rent for use of a bed.

I suppose there are exceptions. Good thing it wasn’t more serious.

>x-ray
>60 dollars
seems legit

>Ausflag
>Benedict Cumberbatch.
American education, at its finest.

Well I guess that's good then. ACA is not only expensive, it sucks.

the real reason everything costs so much is administration
you have entire cities worth of worthless white women HR types that get paid to sit around and gossip all day for 65k a year because they know someone or fit a quota, this goes for most of western society and why it has to fall

thats what happens when you put a bandaid on a broken system.

>paying out-of-pocket to contract staph
good goy, that'll be $20 for the blood agar and $150 per hour incubated (minimum 24 hrs)

>administration
im just going to continue, if you look into public universities in the US you can see the salary ranges and find that full tenured professors make less than administrative assistants, janitors with 20 years experience making more than PhD cancer researchers, and this is just the tip of the ice BERG

My last visit went roughly the same, cash doctor, $200 including two prescriptions.

No it's not
Put cost aside
In our systems, we can at least trust our doctors to fully be on our side and want to cure (not just 'treat') us ASAP. They have no incentive not to and every incentive to do so.
They have no incentive to push unnecessary drugs on us. Nor to choose a more expensive drug over a cheaper one. Nor to keep us sick and coming back.

Do you honestly believe that your doctor is truly noble, truly sets out to fix you ASAP at minimal cost?
(((Doctors)))
(((For-profit insurance companies)))
(((For-profit hospitals)))
Uncapped (((pharmceutical))) costs

You just love getting jewed, admit it.
You got jewed at birth when the jews stole your foreskin.
You've never been able to have a proper orgasm, and you're addicted to the trauma. Stockholm syndrome. Or pedo syndrome.
Now you're addicted to getting raped and bled for shekels wherever possible.
>muh corporashuns *slurp slurp*

so you went into a shitty urgent care clinic, great anecdote

Valentino is onto something.

100% agree with what you said about colleges.

My buddy works in a hospital, and a lot of the women in administration are useless, and constantly cry.

I worked with a Chinese oncologist who would prescribe the most expensive treatments for his cancer patients. I'm pretty sure he got kickbacks from the drug companies. He also received ~50-100k a year from drug companies in the form of lunches for his staff, free travel and accommodations and speaking fees

I'm a pharmacist and I can guarantee you I would never go see that doctor if I had cancer

No, it was a nice place. They have a concierge service I was unaware of at the time and will use that if the opportunity presents itself; basically house-call for an extra $20.
>anecdote
literally this whole thread, dummy

They want to treat you ASAP because the system ie perpetually over budget and underfunded, they can't invest in improving tech or getting better equipment, the NHS will be run into the ground over the next decade or so while its quality deteriorates. This is the opinion of your Doctors who emigrate to leave your system.

Circumcision is the perfect example.
It's not done to babies by default. In Bongistan. In Denmark. In Norway. In Germany.
Why?
Because our healthcare systems don't encourage a not only completely unnecessary, but actually objectively harmful surgical procedure done to half the population.

But it's happens in your country because your system encourages unnecessary, harmful stuff as long as it can be monetized. Just another thing to do and bill you for. And you dumb people just eat it up.
>Someone charging me money for services would surely never lie!

cool anecdote, user

>New Zealand Flag
>Thinks he's from Australia
New Zelander education, at its finest.

I don't think doctors perform circumcision because they can charge more. I think people just say "everyone is doing it" so they do it too.
Culture is weird, but the Hippocratic oath would be followed by enough doctors for such a simple and probably not very expensive procedure while they're already doing a real procedure.

So much butthurt itt.

>Do you honestly believe that your doctor is truly noble, truly sets out to fix you ASAP at minimal cost?
no, that's why I live healthy and am not a faggot who gets owned by airborne pathogens. antibiotics are for pussy losers, honey and green tea are my antibiotics

the last synthetic antibiotic I used was less than 1/10th of a mL of chloramphenicol, and it wasn't even for my body.

also I'm restoring my foreskin. sorry i'm a victim of the largest and most perverted human rights abuse in history, my peopleare the eternal WASP so it was kind of unavoidable

I hear a lot of people saying it costs nearly 30,000 to give birth at a hospital, if this is true(?) is that why white people aren't having babies?

Minorities and stuff wll probably be all paid for out of liberal pockets, but nobody is gonna help whitey out never

>Checks flag
>Flag is Canadian
>Says so when you hover over it
>The fag even sounds like a canacuck
Fucking indians from india, fuck off back to your shithole.

>no, that's why I live healthy and am not a faggot who gets owned by airborne pathogens. antibiotics are for pussy losers, honey and green tea are my antibiotics

I'm all for people not having health insurance. If you want to die, by all means, please die. We should repeal EMTALA and make everyone pay individually for fire protection services too

what nation to the south?

Yeah, and below it is the prescription you braindead retard.

Old meme, I think they meant venezuela or cuba, hasn't aged well.

fortunately I have the best health insurance options, as well as free vision and dental. only reason I'm not on a fancy GIC plan is because I think health insurance is a kike scam and I rarely get sick. literally never loaded healthcare.gov once

I agree, we should dial back the benefits for NEETs, it just feeds the infamous spic-nig cycle where you need massa to feed you fried chicken through a tube as he performs dialysis

Fuck you I'm from China, and I'll go back when you Austrians apologize for Hitler.

This 100%
I live near a uni in the sticks. We look at all the farmland being made into suburban "neighborhoods" and the crazy prices they sell for. Who buys that? Not locals. Yes some corporations set up branches here, but not that many. So who? It's alumni retiring and dual income administrators. Rise of the clerical state.

Cure, not merely treat (where possible).
And how is that a bad thing?
How is being kept ill but manageably ill a good thing?

Australia is so fucking dumb sometimes. Basically the America of the southern hemisphere.
Friendship ended. Now CANADA is my best friend. New Zealand promoted to second.

You underestimate just how greedy they are.
In America, most doctors are just as greedy, just as blood-sucking as lawyers.
They merely pretend not to be.

There is no reason to mutilate a baby and gimp his future orgasms as soon he emerges into this world. There is no spinning it except for greed (extra billing for the 'procedure', aftercare, painkiller injection, precautionary antibiotics - that all add$ up) and quite possibly pedophilia and/or victorian prudishness (the boy must not self pleasure! Eat Kellogs!)

Look at how the all the tranny shit is being pushed so hard in your country. Way more than the rest of the West.
Why?
Because if it becomes a legitimate 'physical' illness (rather than a mental illness), and it becomes more and more common, that's billions more shekels.
So much more medical attention, hundreds of appointments, surgeries, etc. A jackpot. Bonanza.
Money money money.
Even if it harms YOU.

Good for you. I lead a very health conscious lifestyle too, eat super well, no junk, take no poisons into my body, on my skin.
Hope to move to the countryside one day and reduce all the WiFi waves n shit around me.

But sometimes a bacteria or a fungus will just take hold even in the best of us.
Or any other illness.
For that reason I'm glad that my doctors are not vampires.

And all banter aside, I feel very sorry for you about the circumcision. I hate that it happened to you. There's a way to fight it, and that's for then men of today to not have it done to their sons. But too many of your fellow countrymen are just in denial about it. They'll do it to their sons and perpetuate the horror. What a tragedy.

You're exacerbating the problem by not having insurance though. It's more expensive for everyone else who does have insurance.
Some who don't have insurance get care that never gets paid for. That makes it more expensive for everyone too.
It just takes one accident and it doesn't even have to be your fault, and you'll be in hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.

If you are as well off as you say, then you should be investing in a HSA so you can have another tax-sheltered investment that you can use for anything at age 65, or for 20% penalty before then.

Yeah, it's for the charge and because there are hoards of jew worshiping Protestants who will pay for it. I had to yell at the nurse that my son would be a whole man and to get out after the third time they asked if we wanted out son cut. The first two answers were emphatic no's

Cuba
whoever made the meme believed that the healthcare the elites got (which was proudly showcased on US TV led by some clueless left-wing american politician or celeb who was being led around NK-style with cameras) was indicative of what the subjects got

>You underestimate just how greedy they are.
it's a fucking check box on your form. if you didn't know it was mutilation before you won't care about it now. it's just our culture. I'm not saying it's right and I'm pissed at my parents for doing it, but I don't think they thought that much about it.

>Faggot
Why the homophobia?

My apologies dogfucker

Female doctors cry all the time.
But despite being unable to make a quick decision, they are contributing bigly compared to fucking hens at bureaucratic apparatus

The ones I was talking about weren't doctors. They were managers in various positions at the hospital.

Neck yourself, sodomite.

But it's not just surrounding circumcision.
I'm sure that mentality colours all your medical care.
Maximum profit.

I'm sure if they thought they could convince the population that cutting the eyelids off at birth, cauterizing the wounds, then every American is on eye drops every ten minutes and antibiotics every day for their ENTIRE lives...

...if they could convince you that that has 'health benefits' and is preferable to leaving that nasty skin on...they would go for it.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
YOU'RE NOTHING BUT GOYIM
(((FOR-PROFIT))) HEALTHCARE - ha!

The sleep mask industry would love it too. Think of the increased sales!

60 US euros for the x-ray is too much

depends if the patent single producer time span has ended. if it has the shit is dirt cheap.

Same with abortions I hear they're actively encouraged in a lot of cases in America.
Not here. It's available, for sure. But not encouraged. Why not? No profit motive.

Mostly by the (((left))).

>right-wingers aren't also greedy
Don't kid yourself

He was talking about abortion.

Even then. A giant portion of 'good chrisschuns' in America are only superficially so. The dollar is the true religion.
I have no doubt that plenty of 'gud chrisschun' doctors also encourage abortions when the money goes into their pockets.

Have you ever been to America? I'm not even Christian but I know a lot of people who are strongly against it. Planned Parenthood is the biggest supplier of abortions and is extremely left leaning.

You were originally talking about encouragement of abortions. Learn2stick2topic.fag

No, we're talking about how a for-profit system isn't good for patients because all the temptation is there for the system, including clinicians themselves, to put profit over the patient and harm the patient.

I'm sure a lot of your Christians are not hypocrites. But I'm sure a lot are too. Because anywhere in the world, many religious people are just memeing for social cred. It is not inconceivable that this includes American Christians, and American doctors who are Christians. They're not different to any other human group: flawed.

And Planned Parenthood is not the only provider of abortions.

OP is lying and made up those prices.

I was literally replying to your shitpost about encouragement of abortions in a Healthcare system in a country you've never been to.

Doctors don't encourage abortion. It is encouraged in schools and in the media.

See