Is horriblesubs cancer?

Is horriblesubs cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/user/Commie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no but u r

wow rude

Yes since they just rip crunchy roll's shitty subs.

/thread

They are the best fansub group in the world!

would you rather we just didn't get subtitles on release?

horrible subs dev go to bed

anyone in this thread smoke weed?

Yes, they are.

They are soley responsible for the centralization of most subs, leading to the disbanding of most other sub groups, which means if HS goes out or gets legal issues, the whole anime community will be without subs and they will scramble/ panic.

Basically, a repeat of the nyaa fiasco on a smaller scale.

Decentralization folks. Make it happen!

I honestly would because I think it's because of crunchy roll and horriblesubs having subtitles on release that a lot of the quality fansubbers have stopped working on shows.

I want horrible subs to get shutdown now. I want competition between sub groups across the net again.

Yes.

It already happened with Erai and a few others I think.

It is easy to rip from CR, even they get shut down there will be new groups like them. Hell even now there are already others available on nyaa

the said thing is happening with Fate Apocrypha and Kakegurui, which have no simulcast.
Fate Apocrypha literally woke up UTW from the dead and Kakegurui gets fast fansubs from some solo user.

>the only viable source of subs
>cancer
ungrateful kids

Only newfags want fansubs to come back. Oldfags remember all the fucking cockfights and egotrips most fansubs rode on, holding hostage series and throwing a hissyfit each time a "rival" fansub group took a series because they were too lazy to update regularily, and that's without even talking about memesubs or outright trolling subs. Even if HS dies, others will take their place. Even now most "fansubs" still borrow heavily from CR and funi scripts and only correct those localization or puns that trigger their autist asses.

>wanting CR trash subs as the only option

Now you have amazon trash too. And whatever the other noname streaming platforms are called.

>amazon

DOUBLE PAYWALL
O
U
B
L
E

P
A
Y

W
A
L
L

at least Funi gave up subs to go full dub

What subgroup should I go to if not shitty HS?

Commie

Back to Sup Forumsddit

But it's not on nyaa, user

Where am I supposed to download them from?

Do I just download them separately?

nyaa.si/user/Commie

no. the reason they exist is honorable enough

Doki > Commeme

Fuck off herkz

herkz doesn't post on Sup Forums

>Coalgirls is now more officially dead
Rest in peace, I guess.

so there's like seven groups left, four of which are somewhat inactive

Anime is popular nowadays, and a lot of fans know nipspeak, so there'll be subs for most if not all ongoing shows

That is what herkz wants you to believe

Yes it does.

Can't you just use 9xbuddy to rip it yourself? I remember getting Ace Attorney subs from there because HS were too big faggots to upload unlocalised subs.

Simulcasting is the greatest thing ever to happen to the anime community.

>drama in the middle of the season
>group disbands
>no subs for a series for months

>our translator has to do real life stuff haha
>no subs for a series for months
Never again.

Yeah, now we have to worry about companies not paying official translators enough or having terrible official subs for a show and never getting them fixed. Also, it's totally possible to lose a license for a show (it just happened to Funi a while ago)

I'm completely fine with [HS] ripping cannon-fodder shows and good series (and or the shows that don't get simulcast) getting picked up by subgroups. Subgroups can always redo simulcast shows when the BDs come out.

Still better than the usual fansubbing circlejerk.

The one where you guys are made fun of for conspiracy theories and general ignorance? Not sure how that's related.

Convenient.

>if HS were to fall there would be a small scale shitstorm
sometimes is good to be a spic, if HS falls we won't have any problem

There is nothing stopping fan subbers from subbing shows.
In fact there are tons of unsubbed 20th century shows and even some 21st century ones that could use subs that HorribleSubs will no doubt never touch.

But they will never bother with those shows because the truth of the matter is fansubs had long since gone from "I want to share this anime I like with people who otherwise won't have the chance to watch it" and turned into "I want to sub this popular show to inflate my e-peen".

The only people who killed fansubs are fansubbers.

Also apocrypha subbed by APEX from /fgog/, because UTW constantly fucks up.

I'd take nu-UTW over some /vg/ faggots.

In all honesty, I wanted to trust UTW more than APEX, by far. But, UTW has proven unreliable in a few - but significant - ways which are noticeable to even the most casual of viewers. In either the first or second episode, a character says something like "B ranku", and the UTW subs have it written as "D rank".

Those sorts of things are not easily excusable, as far as I'm concerned, and there's far too many of them to be explained away as 'rust' for the newly-returning group.

Your mom is.

delusional retard, there are no quality fan subbers.

why do you think they always subbed shows done by crunchyroll? it's because they were editing the script with memes

>eromanga cancer
>tripfag

This is your new home.

Horriblesubs are ok for currently airing anime, but I avoid them like the plague when downloading older releases. The shitty amateur translations, terrible font, zero chapters and no OP/ED lyrics (not even karaoke) are the fucking worst.

>newfag whose only watched horriblesubs and commie memesubs
there used to be fansubs that had more literal translations without memes and actual typesetting and fonts that didn't look like garbage

>people complain about streaming
>they download from horriblesubs
Heh.

>look mom, i called someone a newfag in order to fit in

Go fuck yourself McAutismo

>fitting in
You need to go back.

>look mom
>McAutismo
I can't tell if this is bait or you're actually retarded. You didn't have an argument there.

>not waiting for glorious BD
Absolutely plebeian.

Clearly you're only 13 years old if you think fansubs were always based off of crunchy roll's subs.

>there used to be fansubs that had more literal translations without memes and actual typesetting and fonts that didn't look like garbage

I sure as fuck don't see any arguments or proof that your statement is correct.

Only spics work BDs.

Bitch please, if HS goes out new fansubbers will arise. Just like they do whenever random shows don't get subs on release because netflix or crunchyroll schedule errors. Where there is a need, there is a fansub team. [Asenshi], [Hope], etc.

How will fansubbers arise if HS goes out? Fansubbers get the script from Amazon, Netflix and Crunchyroll.

Did you think everybody were watching raws before simulcast became a thing?
Probably because you had no argument against him in the first place, all you did was agreeing with him that a lot of the quality fansubbers have stopped since simulcasts and the remaining are the terrible ones that only edit CR scripts with meme.

>I sure as fuck don't see any arguments or proof that your statement is correct.
Have you ever even seen a show that wasn't subbed by crunchy roll? Just go download a coalgirls rip or something and compare it to horriblesubs if you need proof. I'm not going through all that effort and bandwidth to prove a point on Sup Forums I'm not that autistic

>Did you think everybody were watching raws before simulcast became a thing?
Why should I spoonfeed a newfag like you?

You made a claim, prove it.

>Coalgirls
>fansubbers
You are so goddamn new.

Because one would know that, if they didn't start watching anime yesterday. Fucking newfag.

>You are so goddamn new.
>le coalgirls don't fansub they just rip off commie meme
just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm new

>I'll call everyone a newfag if they know I'm a liar

Wew.

Is this a Yu-Gi-Oh thread?

Literally what? Are you in ESL?

Are you? Re-read your newfag question, autismo.

checked, my king

>the whole anime community will be without subs
I like anime enough that I would quite happily pay if there wasn't any alternative.

>I like anime enough that I would quite happily pay if there wasn't any alternative.
I'd quite happily pay if official subs weren't so shit or if I knew Japanese enough to watch raw.

>I'd quite happily pay if official subs weren't so shit
Hence why I don't currently pay when I can get them for free. But if there was no choice and it was paying for Crunchyroll, Amazon and Netflix or never getting to see seasonal anime you can bet I would be subscribed to the lot.

For is is [Erai-Raws] and their multiple subtitle.

Things you love are precious precisely because you know they won't last forever. If you truly love Crunchyroll, don't give them your money. Let them starve to death.

Is that a Yu-Gi-Oh! reference?

I thought it was a cannabis leaf.

>But if there was no choice and it was paying for Crunchyroll, Amazon and Netflix or never getting to see seasonal anime you can bet I would be subscribed to the lot.
That's where I have to disagree with you. Either they need to start giving a shit about quality or just die so that there's room for a service that actually does give a shit.

So you'd give up on watching seasonal anime if it was impossible to pirate? I don't think I'd have much to do with my life if I did that. Outside of work it's pretty much all I do for enjoyment so my life would probably be pretty pointless without it.

I wonder how many of you faggots calling HorribleSubs cancer frequently watch anime subbed by them.

Does Horriblesubs have a backup plan in case they get shut down?

NONE OF US

a little bit

>So you'd give up on watching seasonal anime if it was impossible to pirate?
I don't know if I'd give up anime but I sure as hell find it difficult to justify paying for a service that is so shitty. I suppose crunchyroll is acceptable in that they come out so quickly but with shit like Netflix and Blu-rays that come out long after the simulcast they should have quality subs and since I normally don't watch shows while they're airing I don't really mind the wait.

Even if HS is gone, there will still be another group that would rip CR subs.

I guess I am just desperate enough to watch this shit that I would rather grudgingly pay for a shit service than get absolutely nothing. I'd almost certainly start learning Japanese more seriously and wholeheartedly in the aftermath too though with the increased motivation.

they just rip off crunchyroll subtitles and change the font

>I guess I am just desperate enough to watch this shit that I would rather grudgingly pay for a shit service than get absolutely nothing.
I suppose I'd be willing to pay for crunchyroll if I ever started watching simulcasts but as far as anime that's finished airing goes there's far better options than anything legal and they're all free.

They make it easier than ever before for fansubbers to sub shit because they can copy paste timings at the very least. I don't stream anime though. Only anime originals I watch together with Sup Forums and even then most posts tend to be , aside from sexualizing the characters instead of talking plot, just spoilers for upcoming episodes. Like a manga that is ahead of the original anime, weekly previews, titles that sort of shit.

How is everyone liking the new Youtube? For the most part I like it but it kind of makes me feel Claustrophobic.

UTW subs are awful

>new
Just restore the classic like I've been doing for months now

That's not true at all when the only subs available are in flipao-macarra dialect

But the new redesign just happened today? Also, how would you even restore the old one? Does it have the old notification system as well?

No, it's been happening for months now.