About the tattoo taboo

Until the Christian era forced Semitic kosher/halaal taboos against inked skin upon us, Aryans (Indo-Europeans) had been inking their skin for thousands of years. Even Aryan mummies found in China (Tocharian mummies) are inked. Tattoos are a very, very Indo-European thing. If you're all so redpilled, why are you so scared of needles?

Other urls found in this thread:

ssjgblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/tattoos-in-the-orthodox-church/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are you so concerned with us thinking they're cool?

Tattoos will always be a marker of a small minded person who makes bad decisions. This isn't always the case, but most of the time, it is.

>a marker of a small minded person who makes bad decisions
How so? What is inherently degenerate about tattoos?

some tribal self-maiming bullshit

I'm sorry, is that supposed to be an argument? This is the one challenge Sup Forums can never pass: make a logical non-feels argument against tattoos as either immoral or degenerate. THe best you can ever come up with (other than REEEEE) is "they seem to correlate with psycho women". Well, that's nice, but all women are psycho and irrational, tattoos or not, so that's no argument.

So... other than a fear of needles and a jewish mentality against ink, what is the argument against tattoos?

Tattoos are devoid of any sacral or communal meaning in our modern world, instead they reflect the owner's self-image. They're meant to make people stand out from society, not a signify their belonging to one. Hence they were popular with criminals or other outlaw types. In the worst case they are not even displays of rebellion but of empty vanity, hence they tend towards to the gaudy and the tacky. Fashion. Fad. We've seen a marked increase in those type of tatted people. The irony being that enough people get those nowadays that tattoos have indeed come to signify a certain social groups, a devotee of the cult of the self. (Sub)conscious acolyte of the worst of modern liberalism.

You're correct in that the practice isn't undesirable in and of itself, but as it stands I see no way of defending it in a modern setting. A clean-cut look will make you far more unique in an age where even your grandmother has a tattoo of some Eastern symbol she does not know the meaning of.

>Tattoos are devoid of any sacral or communal meaning in our modern world
Good reply, but I disagree. I think that's wishful thinking given how widespread they are, and coveted by those who have them. People invest thousands of dollars in them, so its no small industry. Given that it requires enduring pain, even assuming no other meaning is ascribed to a design / the tattoo is purely decoration, enduring pain makes it a sort of sacrament.
>They're meant to make people stand out from society... tl;dr
Now you're just describing the worst possible motive you can imagine. Cherry picking and muh feels, once again. Seriously, there has to be a moral argument here, right? I've heard the biblical prohibition, but to someone who rejects semitic precepts, that's meaningless. I've heard "your body is a temple" but that's more of the Kosher trace in Christianity speaking. By the same logic, one should wear sack cloth instead of presentable clothing, to avoid making one's appearance about "the clothing owner's self image". Its absurd.
>You're correct in that the practice isn't undesirable in and of itself, but as it stands I see no way of defending it in a modern setting.
Again, I think the popularity and spread of them, the formation of subcultures around collecting them and learning to make them are themselves evidence of meaning in a modern setting. Technically, tattoos never disappeared since pre-Christian times. They persisted for soldiers and sailors, for woodsmen and others outside criminal subcultures. Its one of the most ancient Indo-European traditons.

I agree with this post and not the cock sucking op.

>REEEE muh feels
Once again lol

I don't think that's the truth for everyone. I have tattoos that symbolize important people in my life. A baby I lost, my mom and brother who died, my living children. Not anything to do with "rebellion" or making me look "cool," just a way to carry memories. Made a friend who recognized the dead baby tattoo for what it was; she too had lost one.

>implying Christians didn't get tattoos
Galatians 6:17
>From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
It was common Roman practice to tattoo criminals for the crimes they were accused of and as a brand on slaves.

>some tribal self-maiming bullshit
Most manly shit is "tribal self-maiming bullshit".

>or I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
Doesn't that mean the stigmata / crucifixion wounds?

Aquafresh speaks the truth. OP is just an inked up shill trying to justify his poor decision making.

Get an SS style blood group tattoo on your bicep, then you can fulfill your tat fetish and also have it do something useful

Only boring people get tattoos. My mind is the interesting thing, not my skin

>REEEEEE
>Opinion / muh Feels
>Opinion / muh feels
You guys are failing this challenge, once again.

>opinion/muh feels
Yes, let me get my physics textbook so I can formulate a concrete and factual reason why you are a faggot

this

Tattoos are just body graffiti for idiots at this point. Moreover our received tradition, i.e actual tradition not some lost tradition of some ancient people, forbids tattooing.

>let me get my physics textbook
I've challenged you to do far less. Just a logical argument would suffice that doesn't appeal to kosher laws.
>you are a faggot
Look at how fucking triggered you are. Seething actually. Why are autistic children so angered by tattooing? is it their hatred of patterns on smooth surfaces?
>Tattoos are just body graffiti
Clothing is too, but you don't seem to mind. Why the difference?

that dead cunt's common ancestor with me lived several thousand years bc. not an argument, sorry. christ, i probably have nigger ancestors that far back...

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that your ink has some sort of meaning to you. If you got some random ass bullshit tattoo just for the sake of getting a tattoo then kys tho

>giving that much of a shit about being visually interesting
lol lets count them out
>needlessly puts you at risk for diseases (both blood-borne during tattooing and also later)
>tattoo artist could fuck it up so you look like a clown forever
>cares so much about looking interesting willing to drop $200 bucks on frivolous skin drawing
>have to stay out of sun for days afterwards therefore exposes you as an indoor-dwelling-puss
>for small-minded dorks who want to be visually appealing (which is a feminine trait) keep in mind that's as in bright colors etc not just being /fa/ - there is a middleground between fedora neckbeards and flaming fags
>area gets sore so if you work with your hands, can make you look a fool
>associated in head with sailors (degenerates who prioritize drinking and loose women), criminals, and tribal retards (why would you want to self-identify as one of these?)

Are you so desperate to belong to a group that you try to emulate a long dead distant relative's tribe? Go outside you fucking loser.

We don't live in an ancient Indo-European society. We live in the modern day where only subhumans get tattoos.

Just pony up and get the ink removed, man. You're not going to make this shit acceptable.

ssjgblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/tattoos-in-the-orthodox-church/
>What is interesting about this passage is that the King James Bible changed the original translation (Septuagint) from: “I bear branded on my body the marks” to “I bear in my body the marks”. This subtle change was done, in my opinion, because it wasn’t conducive to Protestant ideas of modesty for St Paul to be proud of these outward marks, as they still followed the Levitical Law “against” tattoos; but was this Law even truly against tattoos, or was the Masoretic Text mistranslated?

>If we look at the word tattoo in Leviticus (the only time we see the word used in the Bible), and search it in our Bible concordance, the Hebrew word is: qa’aqa’, which means: to cut, or mark the skin. Thus, we must ask ourselves does qa’aqa’ properly translate into tattoo? Father Mark Sietsema states that: “even the Talmudic scholars were in disagreement about its meaning”.

>The most important thing we need to do, with Leviticus 19:28, is put it into context with the rest of the Chapter, which is discussing pagan rituals for the dead. Thus, to use Leviticus 19:28 as a blanket condemnation for tattoos is not only disingenuous in our understanding of the word itself, but is an example of “cherry-picking Scriptures” and using them out of context, which is what we criticize Protestants of doing.

>clothing is graffiti
t. tard

Why put it on your body if you carry them in your heart? I know why..it's the same reason those very tattoos are backwards when you look in the mirror :) they aren't for you at all. Quite the opposite in fact.

>redpilled
lost credibility with this one word.

I don't have a tattoo because I can't think of anything I want on my body forever.

"OP is a fag" is looking good right now.

>Clothing is too, but you don't seem to mind. Why the difference?

Clothing obviously has utility beyond mere decoration or conveying meaning. Moreover I made it pretty clear that I accept the taboo around tattoos that was traditional to America, simply for the sake of the tradition in and of itself.

Tats used to be associated with the rebellious, the misfits, etc.

Nowadays it’s the norm to turn 18 get a generic tattoo or two, go to college, etc.

The real rebelliousness is not to get a tattoo

Tattoos are meant to convey the meaning of something that in essence truly indescribable. Tattoos sometimes convey a persons heritage but mostly they are symbols meant to convey a message about ones understanding of the world and themselves. What I would argue against tattoos is that they don't hold any true meaning other than what we can imply in a spiritual and symbolic sense. They look good and it is a tribal indicator and what was said before about it be connected to modern liberalism is in itself a spiritualized idea of what tattoos have BECOME. They are truly for the sake of invoking an emotional response when we see them, which is why some people get them so they can be noticed rather than stand out from the crowd. They are rather part of the crowd that is now very much a non verbal generation. In my opinion most of the tattoos people get look like shit or just stupid no matter how personal they are, tattoos are essentially about feefees in todays culture rather than relics and insignia or prideful adornments of triumph, that is why the criminal underworld has the best looking tattoos and why they are jarring to look at.

Okay, OP. Tell me all about your extra special extremely unique and meaningful tattoos that aren't anything like anybody else's.

>meaning
the fuck are you? a 14 year old girl?
not aping south sea savages really ought to be higher in your priorities ffs

>not an argument, sorry.
No, it is an argument. To put it more simply for you, its a tradition literally written in your DNA by several thousands years more ancestors than LARPing as a jew and giving up such tradition. The fact that you don't feel any connection to it when one objectively exists is just another "muh feels" argument.

This is a decent attempt, thank you.
>needlessly puts you at risk for diseases
Walking in public does too. Going to see a movie does too. Its arguably less risk. They don't autoclave the equipment in the public restroom at the train station or the coffee house, for example.
>tattoo artist could fuck it up
Bus driver could have a heart attack and kill all passengers driving bus into your front door. Life is risk, tattoos are less than walking down the street.
>cares so much about looking interesting
All of you spend so much time jerking off to things you think are A E S T H E T I C but now, suddenly, you believe in wearing sack cloth and taking vow of poverty. Its strange dichotomy.
>for small-minded dorks who want to be visually appealing
This is literally 95% of Sup Forums

Can't see 'em in the mirror, actually. And they're equally visible backwards or forwards. Try another argument?

It's degenerate. Serves no purpose other than literally >speshul snowflake

Only people who don't know or care about long term consequences get tattoos, especially visible ones.

I don't have any, I just laugh seeing you all get emotional when asked for logical arguments against tattoos. I respect people who have them, I just haven't felt compelled to get any myself. But you all assumed I did, because you're emotional feminine morons for the most part.

>What is inherently degenerate about tattoos?

well look at the definition of degenerate. It is a loss in function. Tattoos kill the affected areas ability to sweat and cool down. Tattoos literally make your body less effective. They are degenerating the skin in a most literally sense

compound that with the conceptual level of tattoos being a rejection of the physical form that the causality of the universe bestowed upon you its also a rejection of darwinian evolution. You are no longer trying out the skin evolution gave to you; you are altering said skin given to you by evolution to fit your own fabricated ideal that doesnt even exist

You're clearly very passionate about this. Almost to the point of being defensive because you realize that no matter how hard you try you can't force people to perceive you the way you want to be perceived. That's life. If beauty is indeed subjective then people are more than entitled to think your tattoos are ugly and by extension view you as more ugly, damaged, or just plain old unattractive for having them. Tough titty said the kitty when the milk ran dry and all that.

Respecting heritage isn't about imitating it. Primitive ways are something good, but not all of them and not all the time. I think you should first settle more primal things like removing foreigners and returning to bio native food than to get tattoos.

The lettering, my dear sweet faggot. Does it read backwards in the mirror? If yes then you got the tatto with the intention of others being able to read it..not you.

I don't buy it. You're too defensive to the point of blatant insecurity for not having a dog in the fight.

we're neither of us descended from ancient iranians, dickhead. demonstrate that it's a pie-speaker legacy and not a scythian innovation.

There is no lettering. Lettering seems gay. Should've gotten a little heart with a ribbon on it and a name inside?

Primitive tribesmen tatted themselves, why shouldn't we? R-R-Redpill guys amirite?

overall good points, but sacral actually means the base of the spine, which is where tramp stamps are to be found

Yes, genius, walking down the street puts you at risk of disease or disfiguring accidents, welcome to double digit IQ. The point is you're making the risk bigger for yourself. That's like if you came home to find a burglar taking your shit you just threw your TV out the window because "lmao fuk it oh well im losing anyway." There is a reason why these traditionally spurned things are spurned.

And no dickbrain there is a difference between A E S T H E T I C and getting trash-stamps on your body. FFS lifting weights, buying nicer clothes etc requires effort, research, creativity. Getting some GED-wielding pothead to doodle on your body requires nothing by comparison. Also it's inherently feminine and for small-minded idiots.
>maek me look visually interesting!
Cool, that'll come in super useful when you're at the club later burning your cash for watered down drinks and dancing with trashy thots.

Why is that druid holding a cross?

Post pic! If it's located where it isn't visible to you then it's definitely more for other people rather than you

Sorry, dude, I don't know you that well.

Most look shitty, all look worse as you age. Besides, what's cool when you're 20 is probably gay as fuck by the time you hit 40.

OP is right. Tattoos must just be something that triggers autists. No one can really say why they're "degenerate", and they just call you names when you ask them why.

>Respect people who have them

>Haven't felt compelled to get any myself

Its clear as fucking day that you are either grossly underage and should gtfo or alternatively you're just ashamed of your shitty tattoos. Either way if your intent is simply to "laugh" at people who don't agree with tattoos you probably wouldn't entertain a legit argument if it skullfucked you in the face because you're a brainlet who is more terrified of having your shit ideals questioned than actually gaining perspective and taking a risk on possibly being proven wrong.

Because I'm right

*nods in agreement*

it's yet another sign of a breach in the transmission of culture between our generation and the men who built everything great around us.

>dat Siberian Ice Maiden

Also did weed like crazy, was buried with a lot of it. Although in her case it was medically indicated as she suffered from terminal breast cancer (but actual cause of death was most likely falling from a horse due to her already weakened state).

>We don't live in an ancient Indo-European society.

Yeah, sadly. Most likely the lack of selective pressures in our modern world compared to that of our ancestors is the reason for the current blight on our species...

Seriously... what a lame thread. Who fuck8ng cares

Tattoo is a slave logo
Now people proudly wear them because they didn't learn where it came from, or if they did they don't care now and less than ever because of this communist/marxist infection going on