JoJolion Predictions

Chapter 68 brought a lot of ideas to the table. Basically things can go one of two ways:

>Rai lives and kicks Urban's ass (most likely)
>Rai dies and Josuke has a major guilt trip (least likely, most feels inducing)

Doremifasolati Do also presents the idea of Rock Animals, and implies that there are more of them out there. Thing is, are they all similar tank-like beings or are they some weird varying mutated species? I have a feeling that we're going to go much deeper down the hole of mutated or weird-looking Rock Animals down the line.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangajunky.net/blog-entry-12995.html.
lorddio.tumblr.com/post/159162508053/ok-so-the-director-of-the-jojo-anime-naokatsu
desuarchive.org/a/thread/161264300/#161272175
imgur.com/a/l5gIS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KIRA IS CUTE!!!

The reason Rai dying is the least likely move is more of a combination of several reasons. For one, he's a living plot device needed to find the Rokakaka. It's made clear that Jobin cannot find it, and without Rai, neither can Josuke and Yasuho. Therefore, plot armor will protect him unless the location of the Rokakaka is leaked or he somehow leaves a clue in Josuke's photo gallery on his phone.

Urban also does not know of Rai's plan, and his predictive nature can show that he knows what he's doing when it comes to survivial rates. If anything, he's baiting Urban without him knowing since he's only attacking him from the killing order he decided.

dont get thread delet already with shitposting, pls. im trying to encourage actual discussion so the threads aren't kill.

I doubt Rai is going to die, but I also don't think his assumption of who was attacking them was correct. Rai is the only person capable of finding and harvesting the grafted branch before it wilts, yet Urban Guerilla is trying to eliminate him first, so Urban can't be associated with the immortality industry. While I don't think it was a full on red herring and the immortality industry won't be important, I DO think that it was introduced now specifically to make you think Rai was safe only for Urban to decide Rai had to die first at the end of the chapter after it.

Finally, there's Jobin and Caato. Jobin fucked off wherever and Caato is still probably hanging out at the Higashikata estate. Jobin may be either heading back home, new business ventures, or going back to the Rokakaka hunt.

Once information gets leaked that Jobin betrayed the Higashikata family somehow, either to Norisuke or someone valuable like Kyo, things will begin to take up pace from there. Daiya is also susceptible to Caato shenanigans since they both already have high affinity just by seeing each other again. It's all dependent on what happens.

That's all I got, the Speed King VS Born this Way idea from last discussion was okay, but I don't think it could be done.

Yeah, they'd need him alive if it's the industry seeking him. Question is why are new Rock Humans going after Rai? Who exactly told them about the new Rokakaka? Jobin may have told, but we don't know any connections he has. He has pic related of Kirafumi somehow, which shows he's already got a lot of information on Josuke.

I wonder if this is still relevant

If the enemies are doctors and rock humans, did Rai mean that they're not working together, but just as two individual groups seeking for one separate goal? We all thought they were working together but Urban wanting to actually kill Rai proves otherwise.

Well, there could be 3 groups. People who want to sell the rokakakakakaka like Damo, the people who don't want non-rocks to have it like Urban, and the doctors like doc-kun

The question still remains on how the information got out about that Rokakaka. Damo said it'd be a new business venture but its not like he called anyone before he got rekt.

Why are most rock humans stand users?

what about the wall eyes and the bite marks?

what is Kyo planning?

Why is everyone in part 8 so weird?

>why is everyone Kimyou in Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken?

Most rock humans are probably not stand users; stand users are drawn to one another and that is why the rock humans thus far have been stand users. Although there could be a higher percentage of stand users among rock humans than for regular humans

Maybe the bite marks are the result of a stand that can give other people stands (similar to Whitesnake discs)

Probably nothing. Might team up with Josuke once he gets a rokakaka for Holly

It said in an info page that 95% of rock humans have stands

Well, theres Iwasuke the rock dog that can phase through walls for no reason other than it can.

If theres a rock tank, then maybe there will be other vehicles. Might as well add more mech things like rock Voltron or some railgun beetle.

Maybe the rck animals have really subtle stands or abilities a-la pillsr men. Because there is no way that the disintegration effect from Doremi or the phasing is not supernatural

6.3 is finally done, it's been hell, and I hope this gets to Mosaicfriend without the mods nuking this thread.
I suspect Iwasuke will play a Stray Cat role at some point.
Maybe he will take someone inside the Wall Eyes, who knows? Maybe there is rock people living there.
I think Rai will retreat to the 6th pole while making some tricky stuff with Doggystyle and the 7th pole's fuel.

>Those colour schemes
You should be ashamed of yourself

The pic is probably from Damo and Yotsuyu's investigation of the two once they narrowed down the search parameters. Jobin became suspicious of Josuke after Beetlemania 2K14 and said he'd investigate him and already knew where to start, so he most likely contacted Damo after Aishou contacted him about Yotsuyu not answering his calls, which is when Damo decided to interrogate the family which occurred two days later. Jobin obviously had concerns about Josuke but didn't voice those in particular to Damo since Damo had no clue who Josuke was until Norisuke said he was the one Kira exchanged with, which might imply Jobin was either already plotting against Damo or he just wanted things to sort themselves out organically. There only being 3 days between Yotsuyu's death and Damo's attack seems suspicious given how long Damo and Hato would have been dating, so chances are Damo had already begun seducing her before Yotsuyu's death since Yotsuyu told Norisuke that he and his group were going to steal their land and their business, so perhaps they were already planning on taking out Jobin's family but Josuke's interference forced Damo into an inopportune position and fucked up whatever contract Jobin had with him that required his family's death?

Damo said he was the only one who could import the fruit, so we can assume that importing was his squad's function, Jobin being the last member of it, he is now the new import man for the Rocks.
How/if Holly/Yoshiteru got involved in this I don't know, but I believe there is no other party involved in this, except maybe the US government, because Jesus.

YES

I think the phrasing there implies that the Rock Humans and the doctors are two different groups, potentially more since not every Rock Human in Morioh was in on Damo's smuggling business as we learnt with Dolomite and the fact that Damo was the sole member of the group left and the only attacker in the attempted takeover of the household.

They look bad because I suck, but yes, FF looks specially bad and I would have changed her had I not been tired of this thing.
Regardless, blonde Anasui a best, you're a pleb.

It was Dolomite. Someone was listening to his conversation with Josuke and Yasuho, but we don't know who. People assumed it was Urban Guerilla but it's likely it was someone else who relayed that info to their employers or whoever who then sent Urban after Rai.

Don't listen to this pleb, I like it.

>US has Jesus
>Japan has something equivalent to the forbidden fruit from the tree
>the two parties try to vie for the other

I appreciate it.

You ever think Damo gave Hato a pearl necklace?
>Damo had already begun seducing her before Yotsuyu's death since Yotsuyu told Norisuke that he and his group were going to steal their land and their business,
He was specifically asking for Josefumi who attacked the twins. The Twin were probably the last people to see Josefumi alive as Yotsuyu only saw the corpse.If the Twins saw him turning into rock or something like that, it might have triggered him off.
Considering Damo was going to take Josefumi's identity too and by the uniform, Yotsuyu was going to take Kira's, they probably knew about Kyo's existence. The family were already at least being studied by the group a chunk before.
Yotsuyu had the eye cling film too.
>Question is why are new Rock Humans going after Rai? Who exactly told them about the new Rokakaka?
They were watching and following but I'll bring back why I concluded there was two stand users in the first place:
>Dolomite is spaghettiing to Yasuho/Gap
>Rai is attacked and heads towards a bus
>Gapuho get on the bus
>Rai hijacks it.
I turns out there were two but they were connected. The question is then, who attacked Rai in order to get him him to move towards the bus. Is Doremy so fast it can jump between two spots and outrun a bus? If Doremy was underground listening to Gapsuo then something else must have sparked Rai off. Unless Rai was attacked pre Blue Hawaii and just spent the morning hanging off a lamp post waiting for Gappy.

>and by the uniform, Yotsuyu was going to take Kira's
nice catch, I had never picked up on that.
One less mystery about Yotsuyu's room.

Another thing I just remembered. Hato knows Damo as Damo not Joefumi. When Yasuho and PP look up Josefumi it shows Damo. I don't know if it's much but t might mean that Damo was dating Hato before he started taking Josefumi's identity. OR he knew that the name Josefumi had some sort of weight in the household and couldn't use it. Either way, both implies beforehand.
Secondly, I was look through a nip Jojo thread archive (When they pop up on peoples RSS twitters) and it's pretty simmilar mangajunky.net/blog-entry-12995.html.
>Tank kun is a "Caterpillar Person"
>What happened to the baby
>Why do they want to kill Rai
>Some other organisation with the Rock Humans
>Someone suggesting Rai use Doggystyle to helicopter
>Something about Johnny/body
>JJL cannot tell a story.
Was pretty cute.
It's nothing new. There's been loads of odd details found on rereads by people. Things like Speed King's hat turning up in a taxi.

they got a point with the last bullet, other than Damo's arc there just has been a whole lot of bizarre nonesense going on

Anyone got a link to that interview with dp staff where the guy said he was most excited to adapt JJL?

All the random shit is clearly building to something but until we get that revelation it seems like a bunch of random shit.

I'm really hyped about JJL and each new chapter just adds to the hype, but there's a lingering fear that Araki might not be able to connect all the plot lines in the end. I mean there's the Wall Eyes, the bite marks, the Higashikata's sacred ground, Johnny's/Jesus's corpse, and everything else that needs clarifying. I can only hope that he got things figured out.

(Not sure why you quoted me but thanks for waking me up. I'm trying to stay awake.)
Honestly I was super worried after Damo died when we got things like Joshu's small arc. I didn't mind it per se and I'm not as down on Blue Hawaii. It just felt tonally off but upon retrospect the little bit of downtime to set up Kaato, use Blue Hawaii as a "Bridge" to walk Yasuho back in, st up Jobin a little more and create some foundations was a good move on Araki's part. I think he's well are himself about Damo's arc and how it was culmination of the first first chunk of JJL.
I would say that he's probably broken JJL up into "chunks" or "acts", don't know a english word for it. Each one will have it's own flavour and climax. With that, I feel even with all the consistency with things reappearing from earlier chapters most of the really early stuff will be forgotten. Some things like the baby might just be the odd red herring.
I hope so, the year of momentum gives me enough optimism..
lorddio.tumblr.com/post/159162508053/ok-so-the-director-of-the-jojo-anime-naokatsu
Creative director.

This. What the fuck was that user thinking?
Also dragons dream >>>>>> yoyoma

What is the worst arc in each part?

>P1: Jonathan training
>P2: Joseph & Ceasar training
>P3: Tower of Gray
>P4: Cinderella
>P5: Soft Machine
>P6: Dragon's Dream
>P7: Pork Pie Hat Kid
>P8: Fun Fun Fun

switch soft machine with baby face

Araki really overcomplicated Baby Face. It could've gone without all of the preparation beforehand.

Soft Machine was fine, and a good demonstration of Abbacchio's powers. Switch it with something crap like Baby Face.

Why does Jobean want the rokakaka? To save Tsurugi from the face-cracking disease? In wich case, why does he need to antagonize Josuke & friends to achieve this?

I enjoy Jojolion, but it has me confused at times. Not helped by the fact that it's the first part I'm reading as it gets released. Maybe shit makes perfect sense if I re-read in one sitting.

For the parlour.

Switch Pork Pie Hat Kid with Boom Boom Family. That shit was far too drawn out for what it was. I almost fell asleep while reading it.

We don't know his motivations yet. He was working with the Rock Humans to smuggle the Rokakaka into Japan and they were planning on taking over his business anyway, so maybe he's after Josuke out of a misplaced sense of revenge? He obviously wants the Rokakaka to make the family business more successful, but what exactly he plans to do with the Rokakaka and why he was fine working with inhuman beings who only wanted to steal his fortune and was willing to sacrifice his family for it we don't know yet. And I don't blame you for being confused, there's tons of important shit that Araki introduces offhandedly that makes it seem unimportant but is actually super important, which is a result of how he normally writes but it's made more evident since he seems to have actually planned JoJolion out a fair chunk before starting.

Where did Paisley Park get its name? From what I can tell, Tsurugi just calls it 'Paisley Park' out of nowhere. Did I miss something, or did Tsurugi just come up with that name and Yasuho thought it was fitting or something?

Sometimes Stands just have fated names that everyone knows, and sometimes they don't. It's never really elaborated on. Like how fate decided that Jotaro's Stand was the Star so Avdol named it Star Platinum or how Spice Girl told Trish it's name directly, but some Stands just don't have a name set in stone and the users can call it what they like.

Also it could very well just have been a shit joke Tsurugi came up with since puns are his domain and 'Paisley Park' when written in Kana is 'Peizuri Paako' which is a single letter off of 'Paizuri', the Japanese term for titfucking.

So has there been any news on JJL volume 16? They took fucking forever to get volume 15 out and by the time it was there was already another volume's worth of chapters still in magazine format only, so I would have expected at least some word by now. JJL has been pretty solid on 4 chapters per volume except for the first and fourth which had 5, and we currently have 6 uncollected chapters out.

It'll be released next month.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/161264300/#161272175

If Koichi nam (u dnt need to remember) is Guanglai kanji
What's Yasuho Duwang name?

Are we going to get some more information on the Joestar family, and by extension, the Kujo family? Josefumi's immediate family is obviously not going to be relevant again, but the fact that he has a birthmark (as well as being eligible for the JoJo nickname) seems to hint at some family tree shenanigans. If we did see another Kujo family member and not just a mention of the Kujo's ties to the Joestars, it would probably be a distant relative of Josefumi's.

Guǎnglài kāngsuì

Neat. Do we have a title yet or is that TBD?

Someone pulled a Joseph

Nah, we never know it until we see the cover.

i think it was Kira's father

Some of the events in jojolion and relation between Some of them were made really important to me by rereading the part.

The ROKAKAKA backdrows Often affects the Head of the person Who ate it.

It redirects the misfortune on the Head.
As you all know this is very close to Love Train/The corpse's ability.
Also both Johnny's death and Warudo Diego's were from their heads being destroyed.

When it comes to Johnny, it also was by a ROCK.

Josefumi almost died by its head Being crushed by a rock while Being in the ocean as well and it is implied multiple times that the Wall Eyes looks like it is protecting Something or from Something that could be in the water.

Also the whole reappearance of the Immortality thematic makes me think There might be a slight chance of a Bullshit Diego with love train return who redirected misfortune on the head as he "died" in a more intelligent way that I am saying it.
Maybe the whole "ocean" thing is a reference to SC's DIO or Something among these lines.

If not, I'm still sure the points i made are decisive to the understanding of the plot and what actually are Rock Humans, the disease and the Wall Eyes.

Most likely Joseph pulled a Joseph, apparently Araki regretted that he didn't make more with the relationship between Joseph and Josuke in 4, and he already sort of fixed one of his other regrets in SBR.

>correct
>correct
>correct
>correct
>switch with Baby Face
>switch with Yo-Yo-Ma
>switch with Boom Boom Family or Chocolate Disco
>switch with Blue Hawaii

>not liking the trainings
Why ?

Also worst arcs are the following ones
>Jonathan meeting chinese fag
>Joseph vs Straits (it's good but i prefer the other parts of BT)
>Wheel of Fortune
>i am wood. stupid.
>Baby Face
>Dragon's Dream
>Tomb of Boom Boom
>Les Feuilles

I honestly dislike Atom Heart Father more than Cinderella

>Joseph vs Straits
The fight in the anime makes me wish we got a part in an urban city. Baffles me how it was animated by the same DP that (mostly) animated DiU.

Blue Hawaii wasn't that bad

Which side villain has the most powerful stand and could be a main villain in their own right?

He could've been a bigger threat.

In terms of destructive potential, I'm pretty sure Ungalo has the most powerful stand. He's not exactly main villain material though. Next best candidate could be Ringo using Mandom uninhibited by the watch restriction he set himself. Fits the time control trend and could be motivated by wanting to create the True Man's World.

Weather Report, Risotto Nero and Ungalo comest to mind.
Death 13 comes to mind as well

They really need to step up their shading game for part 5. Even meh tier animation can be saved by decent shading.

They did it kinda well with Kira with some rare picture frames.
A ton of others look like shit though.

Their close-ups are pretty good for the most part, but they fucking suck at medium distance shots which often end up looking completely flat and somehow making distant faces look QUALITY as fuck.

I do agree.

>He's not exactly main villain material though.
I think he could be. If we seem him a little closer to Rykiel about constantly losing ""control"" of BR and being weak but seeing him getting stronger. Seeing him grow through out the part away from drugs as he begins to start using his mind to create characters, helpers and such would be interesting. Having him grow alongside the heroes as BR continues would be pretty interesting. For example if he got a little bit angry and deliberately brought/opened a Godzilla book and and had to have his own fighting dealing with it. As long as he didn't get too cartoonishly evil or started hamming on the backstory it would be nice. Just to see the villain go on a journey too.
>Nero
Metallica could work I suppose with it's range, I'm not keen on Nero himself though. I feel any direct fight with him would be over pretty quickly though.
>Spoiler
That kid with a couple decades of training is up to some real potential power. With Araki's wobbly science too I'd expect out right consciousness/memory editing. You could even take it much further where as it could invade the subconscious and start influencing people. Like a mini Diavolo talking to the host.
It also has a great design.
I'd probably go for Green Day as a Stand given as it already has it's built in power up with the body separation thing and even with it's altitude thing, it's not that much considering it can be pinged just by bending over. With the added punching and hiding, against anyone other than a MC, punching them off a ledge would be pretty much instant mold and they wouldn't even see it.

>my lego on legs stand is the SBR-vers Green Day headcannon ended up becoming mostly true

>Shilled the 2 person theory from the start
>Shilled the Green Day theory because Rai lost his hand like Narancia
>tfw ad-lib'd minor villain got a SBR-verse reference before any of the Execution Squad did
>AU secco is an actual animal

JJL best part.

I just noticed John Bonham's shirt has a very peculiar spider web pattern.

>P1: Wang Chung
>P2: Joseph & Caesar training
>P3: Strength
>P4: Janken kid
>P5: Talking Head
>P6: Yo-Yo Ma
>P7: Boom Boom Family
>P8: Blue Hawaii

>not deleting enemies memories as time goes backwards
Lame

>>Les Feuilles
Abysmal taste. Fun Fun Fun is the worst one.

Where's mosaic user?

So, looks like last thread got 404'd, but I think nobody claimed or posted while as was asleep, except the user who did 6.3 and posted it on this thread. In any case, if any of you claimed or posted a panel and it's not marked on pic related, let me know.

Anyway, let's continue this thing. Chapter 5 is taking longer than I thought and I understand, there are a lot of panels with cars and no dialogue, it's hard to know what to do with that. I hope we can finish the chapter this week. but in case we couldn't, we'll take a break and continue on next week's friday. But enough talking, let's just start.

Imgur album with all the pages: imgur.com/a/l5gIS
-
It's beautiful, thanks for your work!
-
P.S: I just realized I can't post the Claimed/Unclaimed list because I lost the last update on the last thread. But you can still trust what pic related says.

There was one user who posted his panel in the deleted thread, I think it was 5.1, maybe I'm wrong, but it was a car panel.
Also, I'm glad you liked it!

I hope it will be finished tomorrow.

Not him but I went back into the archives and got the finished panel for you. Here's the list that you had before the thread 404'd too.
>Claimed: 4.3, 5.1, 6.3, 7.2, 7.3
>Done: 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 5.4, 5.5, 6.0, 6.2, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.0, 7.7, 7.8, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6

>Dio, again
No thanks.

Milagro Man was the most blatant filler arc I've ever fucking seen, holy shit.

>Finally see Joshu in action
>Filler

You need to learn how to use the archives.

>two whole chapters dedicated to retarded non-character JUSTuu
>not filler

>introduces obvious plot device that will come back later
>extensively develops Joshuu
>down time after Damo
All this in literally two chapters, I fucking wish we got more things like Milagro Man instead of Fag Appraiser and Snore Humans and Snore Animals. Like blood hell this shit has been going for what, 6 months? Holy shit get on with it Araki.

>character development for retarded main character
>filler

I really liked it. If you want to do another one, feel free to do it!

Yeah, I'd like to see it finished by tomorrow, but there are still like... 10 or 11 unclaimed panels, I'm not sure. It's hard, but we can do it.

Wow, this really helped me! Thank you, now I can post the updated list.
-
>Claimed: 4.3, 7.2, 7.3
>Done: 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1, 5.4, 5.5, 6.0, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.0, 7.7, 7.8, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6

i thought we got rid of all the cringe joshufags. or are we doing the ironic thing again?

>liking the best character is cringey/ironic

Stop trying to start shit.

>cringe
leave

Is Fun Fun Fun the most weirdly specific Stand in the whole series?

Would survivor work on FF?