When was the last time an anime show legitimately made you laugh...

When was the last time an anime show legitimately made you laugh? I got into anime because of Gintama and loved comedy since, but I haven't found any show that's actually funny for a long time.

Best thing I can think of is Konosuba but it feels like comedy genre gets more stale every year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L6xuRo8GhK8
youtube.com/watch?v=p_6HWzRfOyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aho Girl, earlier today.

there was only ever nichijou

Last week... watching Gintama , again.

Tried watching Seto No Hanayome, Excel Saga or Pani Poni Dash yet?

Yesterday, isekai smartphone.

Yeah they're great but kinda old

Vatican Miracle Examiners. Though I don't think that this was the shows intention.

The devil is a part timer with the boobs to burgers comparison in EP 10

Last one was Konosuba. Nichibros from way back was good as well.

I feel like people who think anime stopped being funny just bottle-necked themselves. But whether you should forgo anime for a while in favor of other entertainment or expand your horizons into new anime genres is not up to me. It's ultimately up to you.

>Gintama
>Nichijou
>Konosuba
Jesus Christ that's like the unholy trinity of unfunny shit

Hajimete no Gal last two episodes were funnier than all Nichijou together.

Quick advice mate, it's not the comedy that gets more stale, is (You) the one that is getting devoided of life. Remember, you are here forever

I'm still in a good mood from watching Aho Girl.

Tesagure. Even the fucking OP made me laugh out loud

Probably the 2nd Konosuba OVA. The diary scene had me in tears.

Non Non Biyori

When he pulled out the gun, holy fuck.
When he said he wouldn't hesitate, he truly did not hesitate.

Just watched episode 6 of the Tatami Galaxy and it was hilarious

Gochiusa is HILARIOUS

This and Azumanga Daioh are my personal top tier honestly.

Yuru Yuri first two seasons

this, but konosuba had me laughing hard

>shitsuba
>hilarious
Only if you are 15 years old

gugure kokkuri san was good. Alas, I agree. Comedy is dying out.

it's time to get on the Teekyuu train

Hajimete no gal is pretty funny sometimes, I'm actually surprised

Seitokai no Ichizon probably made me laugh the most of any comedy.

A reminder that there's a difference between a show making you laugh and a show making you smile, Nichijou falls into the former.

The scene in Fafnir's den in Little Witch Academia tickled me.

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan

> Gintama
> Osomatsu-san
> Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
> Space Dandy
> Nichijou
> Konosuba

I can't think of any others comedy series that got me doing anything more than cracking a smile. Lucky Star was insanely popular for years but I don't remember laughing even once during it.

Sabagebu!

LS is not exactly a comedy show, but SOL.

It made me laugh plenty

this

Take nichijou out of it or your mother will die tonight

shit taste nofuns detected

Pic related

Aho Girl

New Game makes me laugh out loud and giggle practically every episode.

I can think of various anime within the past five years, but this season, Aho Girl has shown splendidly for it's comedic delivery. The set-up isn't drawn out and the punchlines are pretty clever, making for a very competent comedy anime.

That said, comedy is extremely subjective, which is why some people like shows that you might hate.

Cheer Fruits.

You don't have to like comedy anime, OP. If it's not funny to you, don't watch it. A lot of it is too light for some people and it's an adjustment because anime humour is more character and situation-based, whereas western humour (and western cartoons in particular) is more cynical, sarcastic, or social commentary.

Started watching azumanga daioh a couple days ago, it's pretty funny

I've laughed out loud at Gamers! this entire season, and I will laugh more come Thursday

not anime, but manga

Hinamatsuri

I watched symphogear yesterday and when this scene came up I laughed because it reminded me of that virgin x - chad x meme.
Pure comedy almost never makes me laugh though, I like the unintentional type since you don't have annoying tsukkomis and other reactions that kill the mood.

begone thot: the animation

Three shows I remember so far.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. For the pure absurdity of the whole setup. This effect wears off after a few episodes though. Good show anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=L6xuRo8GhK8

Yuyushiki. Don't know, because Yuyushiki. The character interactions are quite funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=p_6HWzRfOyg

Also, Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 11, where Natsumi tries to send a message with the cell phone.

I think the disconnect comes from not appreciating how rigid Japanese public life is, and how much irony stems from violating those rules and causing trouble for others.
Eccentric characters are inherently more funny when the society they're in is designed to restrain them but fails.