Fate

What's even the point of the Assassin class? It's ridiculously shitty, and it seems like every Assassin is fated to lose. Pic related kills her fucking Master by touching him.

Other urls found in this thread:

fatestaynightusa.com/
mediafire.com/folder/ar52fvrhn1apx
fateapocryphathetranslation.wordpress.com
mediafire.com/folder/2qj7fch1vigqd
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5621
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7349
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5943
mediafire.com/file/fdchmf3y99eoxxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's the point. The non-knights are supposed to lose.

Why don't you just use Serenity's image that actually came from Proto Fragments instead of that shitty self-insert fan art, GO faggot?

True assassin was not completely useless

In one of the early wars, Assassins were top tier because killing Masters is an instant bypass for a strong enemy. By some point, everyone was aware and had some defense thus they went to shit tier. The in-universe reason was that the Grail wars were rigged to begin with.

Fate Servants are supposed to have a rock-paper-scissors thing going on. So let's look at Assassin (the classical type).

Multiple bodies, each with a different appearance, each with Concealment ability. Although each body is weaker than a typical servant, each body is also substantially stronger than a normal human.

Yep, Assassin's strength is supposed to be in using the multiple bodies to harass and gank Masters. However, nobody ever uses Assassin this way, so he jobs every single time when he goes head-on against a Servant.

old man of the mountain would like a word with you.

>In one of the early wars, Assassins were top tier because killing Masters is an instant bypass for a strong enemy. By some point, everyone was aware and had some defense thus they went to shit tier
No you idiot. That happened only in the subcategory HGW in Apocrypha's universe where everyone started to use assassins properly but then everyone caught on and started to put anti-assassin measures so the class fell out of favor. Mages even had a HGW-wiki to share strategies and shit.

>using UBW assassin to judge all assassins

spotted the secondary.

The real reason for assassins is consistency.

I want assassin to sit on my face

>carries a claymore
>wears heavy platemail
>is an assassin

sasuga Hassan

Assassins are fairly powerful in Strange Fake

Yeah but everyone and their mother is fairly powerful in strange fake so does it really matter?

Because assassins are the best class on paper therefore they must always job for the plot.

So. That still shwos how effective they are when used properly. and it wasn't anti-assassin measures. It was anti-Hassan measures.

>19 Zabaniya

>implying face exploding Hassan wasn't top tier

And she still jobbed to chuuni cops.

Aren't most of them fanfiction based on what she heard the previous Zabaniya's were?

When the hell are they going to announce western theatrical release of Heaven's Feel? It's coming out in Japan so soon.

Is she still alive?

This. Besides, before all of the circlejerk spinoffs, there was only supposed to be one assassin. Every assassin was Hassan.
But every class other than Saber, Lancer, and Archer was added just so there'd be more mage fodder for the grail. The 3 families that created the ritual never intended to let anyone else win.

fatestaynightusa.com/

Still alive and made some friends.

oh, thanks

Assassin could be incredibly good if it had the right Master.
Like imagine if Kiritsugu had summoned Assassin instead of using a catalyst for Saber. He could have won the war in a day or two.

Not giving Avalon to Saber was retarded

They're guess work, yeah. Her Poisonous Body is stated inferior to Serenity's and Delusional Heartbeat literally rips their heart out instead of being voodoo magic.

>Her Poisonous Body is stated inferior to Serenity's
So hugs are ok?

She mentioned that she couldn't spread it on the wind like Serenity could. I don't think she's made skin contact with anyone either.

i would say that on paper that assassin class are quite good.
but the problem is that they get overpowered by most heroic spirits.
becuase let's be honest assassins are people who are good at stealth and hit & run
tactics.

we are not going to see any assassin class heroic spirit who pull out some sort of excalibur or gate of babylon type shit.

Well she definitely needs a hug.

>we are not going to see any assassin class heroic spirit who pull out some sort of excalibur or gate of babylon type shit

Except we have.

He would be pretty shitty to summon. he wouldn't kill anyone with out gods approval so you would need to waste command seals to make him

>nobody ever uses Assassin this way
It's mentioned in Apocrypha that using Hassan is banned because people kept killing Masters with him.

So it's happened in at least one timeline.

I really want to know what Sanson's NP would look like outside of the confines of FGO. Does he just summon a giant guillotine? How does he get enemies in it and more importantly, how does his sword work and how has he not thrown out his back with those shoulders? Like Jekyll is the only assassin class I can ever see winning a grail war due to having Hyde as anti servant defense.

"Assassin"

>using UBW assassin to judge all assassins
He did not mention the temple hobo at all.

Kiritsugu probably wouldn't have gone with a non-Knight class because it would be a disadvantage in the HGW.

Fucking developers and their shitty patches. When are Lancers getting the buff they deserve?

Are you dumb? That's literally only one of the Hassan's abilities. Each one has a different ability.

Only hassan of one hundred faces has multiple bodies.

All the hassan are different people who once gained the title of hassan-i-sabbah.

The more overpowered an Assassin is the more righteous he is for some reason. It's almost antithetical but at the same time it's neat.

The scumbags are the ones most likely to win a war but have the least power while the ones with crazy power are the least likely to win a war just because of their temperament.

A giant guillotine pops out of the ground and spooky ghost hands grab and restrain them.

Jekyll + Hyde was BASAKA in Fragments though, as Jekyll his power level is so low its like he has a Rank A+++++ Presence Concealment, and FGO made him an Assassin for gameplay purposes. Officially he's a Berserker.

This is your ASSassin for tonight.

Stheno might win a HGW if all the opponents were male.

How did the zealot copy King Hassan's Zabaniya if there are literally no records of him whatsoever? I like how every time Nasu adds something to Fate/Grand Order, it ends up fucking Narita over.

Because if they were effectively utilized the war would be over and not in a fun way either, so they job.

But can an assassin take on a tactical master?

Can I get a side order of Ibaraki with that?

>Charm is RNG
It's no different from F/Z Lancer's charming ability.

Servants with magic resistance will just shrug it off.

He doesn't have Zabaniya I think since his only known one is Azrael for now until we get the mat book

King Hassan has an oral tradition probably. There's no records of him, but obviously there is a legend. People aren't sure he ever existed but the fact that the hassan exists means he probably does and they can just make up shit about him if they feel like it too.

Unlike spooky who spooked so hard none of the hassan even know he existed ever.

I bet spooky could spook King Hassan.

Assassin Scathach could probably do well.
It's also canonically possible for Heracles to be summoned as Assassin.

What's supposed to be wrong with the Rider class anyways? It's always seemed like a decent bet to me.

Oh shit, she's with Mud Doll and Excalistick?

>Enkidu, Gil, and Super Assassin

Assuming you're not lying, this easily has to be the most fucking broken team of heroes in this series, right?

Generally lower stats than the Knight classes.

I doubt it. Even if his Presence Concealment is EX, there is no reason to feel spooked. If a lone ant snuck up on you, would that be cause for fear?

Sadly no, it isn't... And you can even canonically check on it being a jobber class, not matter how powerful and proficcient the servant you summon. It doesn't matter if they were top-grade riders, either, not even Iskandar, Ozymandias, or Tenmyujin have a chance if they are riders...

That's Richie. not Gil.

Enkidu hasn't left his forest, but they are in an alliance until all the "monsters" in the war are dead. Zealot follows Richard around for now since a dude in his shadow is giving her mana.

Wait, I thought Assassin got called back and tortured/raped by her douchebag master she killed in the beginning. What happened?

Has Gil even met Enkidu yet?

The difference is that Stheno's charm is a B rank NP while Diarmuid's is a C rank skill. But yes, any decent Saber has a strong chance of resisting it.

It doesn't have any major downside like the other secondary classes.
I guess mount NPs are more difficult to use without attracting Muggle attention, but then you've also got Sabers with giant laser beams so I dunno.

What about Best Rider/Grin Shadow and Sanest Berserker?

Semiramis is a caster though.
She only got summoned as an assassin thanks to fuckery.

Yes, the moment Gil and Enkidu met they went all out with Enuma Elish spamming.

He only ordered her to get away from the area so she fucked off as far away from him as she could.

Enkidu and Gil haven't met since they shot Enuma Elish's at each other and are currently removing obstructions to their rematch.

Semiramis Servant when in FGO?

Super Assassin Servant when in FGO?

>Gil meets long-lost best friend
>Enkidu meets long-lost best friend
>They instantly try to kill each other

This is cute. Also, is there anywhere I can read translations or summaries?

Assassin is a legitimate class for her since she committed, in TMs words, the first known murder by poison. She has Caster abilities from the Double Summon skill.

Semi'll probably get in when Salem comes out.

No only because Narita was being a dumbass and waited for Nasu to do it first, but then Nasu trolled him with Kingu asspull

Pale Rider is still fucking around. Jack turned into two-hundred demons and gang banged True Archer until the situation got reversed and he was forced to retreat.

Hey, nigga, you realize you are shouting at dead skeletons right?

Google it, a tumblr with all the translated volumes in PDFs for download should be one of the first results.

Would Frankenstein be a good mother and wife to our cute half-undead daughter?

*affirmative grunting*

You want Frankie to marry your daughter??... Damn, man... But hey, I am not one to judge...

>assassin is fated to lose
>literally banned in apocrypha for being too good
literally just kill the mages

It makes sense when you keep in mind the context of where he's from. If you read the earliest accounts of the middle eastern kingdoms dealing with plate knights, you'll find that wearing full plate made you completely invincible in combat, the islamic world didn't have any weapon capable of penetrating it for years. There were accounts of knights going around on horseback, so littered with arrows that they looked like human pincushions. I should note that even if it wouldn't kill you, being shot with an arrow while in plate still hurt like a bitch.

Fate/Strange Fake
mediafire.com/folder/ar52fvrhn1apx

Fate/Apocrypha
fateapocryphathetranslation.wordpress.com
mediafire.com/folder/2qj7fch1vigqd

Fate/Prototype
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5621
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7349

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5943
mediafire.com/file/fdchmf3y99eoxxg

Would Assassin of Serenity be a good wife and mother to our poison daughter?

What exactly is your plan for getting the sperm in there?

Anything is possible with the power of love and magic

Reminder that Serenity is for tender loving and caring

And a turkey baster.

>Summoning Lancer, Caster or Berserker
It's like you want to lose.

Hassan was a cult of assassins in history. There's no indication Hasans in the throne are different identities from the concept of Hassan since what would be recorded of their endeavors would be Hassan. FZ, FHA and FSN Hasans had certain quirks and different powers but that was it.

Giving all Hasans their own histories and personalities literally defeats the point of the idea. Hassan is an intentional parallel to Zouken after all - a monster who lost itself in its search of his goal, be it via longevity of its life or legacy in case of hasans.

After all its the reason why only Hassan is valid assassin(In proper non-modded/retconed grail wars at least) - if you are famous enough to become heroic spirit, you are already too famous to fit being Assassin. Hasan I Sabah cult unintentionally circumvented it by making the leader an ongoing legend rather a single person. Its what makes Hasan unique and interesting concept - unlike all heroic spirits who are singular(as in there's only one of each recorded hero) and individual, bringing with personalities and past deeds, Hasan is many but at the cost of individuality - he is a vague concept of assassins that takes many forms.

What Nasu has been doing lately(giving separate hasans complex backstories) is backpedaling from that cool idea. Then again Nasu has back-pedaled from a LOT of cool ideas(, PM, hi, decline of humanity, Hi anything that is not genderbent naked servant waifus, etc etc).

But as you said, its a cult of assassins, only known by the name "Hassan".

They may have forsaken their individuality to take on the name, but does that mean they are not specific individuals? You could summon 1 of the many different Hassans, and it turns out, they are still an individual, they just have the Hassan name, and that's whats happening.

>PM
An alternate timeline's version who didn't get to spend enough time with humans to become the monster it would become in other timelines. Its a big What If, and frankly, there's no way to really take out PM as a Beast since its the direct counter to anything human.
>Decline of humanity
Elaborate please.

>Pic related kills her fucking Master by touching him.
Touching Hassan of Serenity is worth dying for

Sigmars first trial by Watcher is killing Zealot, not to mention she has already established herself as a huge jobber. If Narita actually kills someone in his story, she's 100% the first to go

Would Serenity be a good mother?

Ok

I kinda doubt it.

Can any non-Grand beat him?

>Lance
Enkidu and Karna. Even Cu can kill most of everything if he had a competent master.

>Berserker
Herc and Enkidu. Berserker Enkidu would be literally the strongest thing, on level of Gods, and Herc is fucking Herc. He only lost to the character that had the power to CREATE plot devises and had infinite plot devises.

>Every assassin was Hassan.
Only under the rules of Fuyuki Grail War.