Let's make a comprenhensive list of right-wing filmmakers to shut up Sup Forums for good

So each day Sup Forums, which has been traditionally a right-wing board but now is getting dominated by anti-Sup Forums posters, repeat each day that there's no such thing as good right-wing creators. Today we will build up a comprenhensive list of filmmakers that were openly right-wing, close to it or merely anti-left (oppressed filmmakers from former communists regimes). Let's try, starting with Eastwood which is the most obvious one for newer generations.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/name/nm0695182/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jean-Pierre Melville
>Although a friend of left-wing icons such as Yves Montand, Melville referred to himself as "an extreme individualist" and "a right-wing anarchist" in terms of politics.[4]
author of classics like Breathless or The Samurai

Sup Forums is still right wing, it's just they hate your cancer.

Carl Theodor Dreyer
>Dreyer was ideologically conservative. According to David Bordwell, "As a youth he belonged to the Social Liberal party, a conservative group radical only in their opposition to military expenditures...'Even when I was with Ekstrabladet,' Dreyer recalled, 'I was conservative...I don't believe in revolutions. They have, as a rule, the tedious quality of pulling development back. I believe more in evolution, in the small advances.'"[8]
His films include The Passion of Joan of Arc or the deeply religious Ordet (The Word)

Mel Gibson

Ingmar Bergman
>In 1934, aged 16, he was sent to Germany to spend the summer vacation with family friends. He attended a Nazi rally in Weimar at which he saw Adolf Hitler.[15] He later wrote in Laterna Magica (The Magic Lantern) about the visit to Germany, describing how the German family had put a portrait of Hitler on the wall by his bed, and that "for many years, I was on Hitler's side, delighted by his success and saddened by his defeats".[16] Bergman commented that "Hitler was unbelievably charismatic. He electrified the crowd. ... The Nazism I had seen seemed fun and youthful".[17] Bergman did two five-month stretches in Sweden of mandatory military service.[18]
Obviously he tried to portrait a different stance in later years but it's something. Filmmography is too extensive to mention a few, but The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries are the best known

Vincent Gallo

D.W. Griffith

Although I haven't found explicit words from him stating his views, his classic "The Birth of a Nation" still makes lefties mad for its portrayed racism

good one, although he does nothing nowadays and he's crazy

Matt Judge

Leni Riefenstahl

A very obvious one, made well known documentaries such as Olympia or Triumph of the Will.

Mike Drudge

John Waters

Dang ol' Hank, man.

Vernlet Kloshie

While Andrei Tarkovsky never expressed political views, it was understandable to hide them in the USSR. His films deal with themes of deeply religiousness, spiritualism and naturalism, which were the opposite of what the regimen wanted to portray. Given the circumstances, he became a master of metaphorical storytelling to avoid censorship. Ultimately it didn't matter and was casted away in his later years, making 2 more films in Italy and Sweden. His cinema will appeal to Evola's followers

Mertsin Blanchet, later in life

Rebani Negati

Donnie Zhivago

L. Werther Vinbini

David Mamet
Clint Eastwood

Bruce Jenner(post production)

Screenwriter John Milius.

Clint Rambo

This is what optimal tests levels look like. What a beast, looking great

Some accounts are divided, like in the case of Akira Kurosawa, always accused of portraying militaristic themes common of the japanese era of the time. Whether he shared those views or just went along with the wind, I don't know. Maybe some other anons can bring some light to the matter. I guess many right-wing filmmakers fall into this undefined category, since expressing some views might mean career death

Comrade Steven Seagull
Oderus Urungus

David Lynch #3
Ray Charles

Bruce Campbell

Bono

Anyways, with the thread now getting steam, I leave the task to other anons. It's preferable to look for sources, or at least having some knowledge of the filmmaker's work. If someone wants to make an infographic at the end of the day, all the power to you. If not, I will archive this thread when it dies for showing purposes

some answers already are full of shit but that is to expect.

Matt Parker and Trey Gotti(R)

on it

Krasnogorsk 15mm

(and more)
expand, provide info. Some of them are expressely left-wing according to wikipedia. (like Lynch)

Millhome G Trapsfish

The Wachowskis Sisters who birthed your "redpilled" maymay

Forgot about this guy

m.imdb.com/name/nm0695182/

They are household names here. People know their work already. The first two Lynch were lefty. David #3 was post Bund.

Don Siegel

>Although a significant number of his feature films have retained great popularity and his name has come to be well known amongst film fans, there is little consistency in the ways in which the director and his work have been accounted for. From reading the critics, one might almost think there were at least two Don Siegels: at one extreme, a workmanlike director of taut action films, technically proficient but imparting little of his own individuality into each project; at the other, a right-wing misogynist whose films explicitly fan inflammatory social debates.
>Neither of these assessments seems entirely flattering. Yet one of the fascinations of Don Siegel’s films has been their consistent ability to provoke debate, at the same time as skilfully delivering the pleasures required of the action genres (war, thriller, western and so forth) in which he regularly worked. The multitude of ways in which it is possible to engage with these films is apparent in the range of critical responses cited here. Through this range we can also begin to appreciate the extent to which different ways of approaching film authorship have helped to shape Siegel’s reputation as a director.
He made Dirty Harry which will make lefties butthurt forever

Ret Flint

Zema

been banned from/tv/ countless times for pointing out liberal crap

Swelty Binshaper, before he discovered the talkie

Why will Tarkovsky appeal to Evola follower?

lirical, traditional themes, return to the essential.

in the same mould of Tarkovsky, there's also Alexander Sokurov, deeply influenced by Tarkovsky so he has a similar style, although he has done some experimentation with the medium, culminating in the epic The Russian Ark using a single 96 minute single shot. Sokurov's early work was censored multiple time by soviet authorities and did documentaries like The Dialogues with Solzhenitsyn, who, as we know, was pretty critical with the regime

Pupi Avati

Giuseppe Avati, better known asPupi Avati(born 3 November 1938), is anItalianfilm director,producer, andscreenwriter. He is known to horror film fans for his two masterpieces of the macabre,The House with Laughing Windows(1976) andZeder(1983).He cooperated on the script ofSalò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma(Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, 1976) directed byPier Paolo Pasolini, even though he is not credited for it. His latest film, An Unbounded Youth, was discarded in the selection of the Venice Film Festival conducted by Muller and there was talk of political censorship. But he doesn't whimper and explains: "I have not been penalized as" center-right ", because I actually are center-right: more than anything else I am not left wing".

if we limit ourselves to soviet cinema, we probably end up with a lot of examples, like the poetic Sergei Parajanov, who was always at odds with the soviets and even got imprisoned. Watch "The Color of Pomegranates" and "Shadows of our Ancestors" if you're interested in unique, visual poetic cinema

if an infographic gets made, perhaps there should be a small section reserved for those on the fence, if even to show that not everybody must be openly left-wing in the industry. We could add Federico Fellini to this category, author of 8½ or La Dolce Vita
>While Fellini was for the most part indifferent to politics,[80] he had a general dislike of authoritarian institutions, and is interpreted by Bondanella as believing in "the dignity and even the nobility of the individual human being".[81] In a 1966 interview, he stated, "I make it a point to see if certain ideologies or political attitudes threaten the private freedom of the individual. But for the rest, I am not prepared nor do I plan to become interested in politics."[82] Despite various famous Italian actors favouring the Communists, Fellini was not left-wing as it is rumored that he supported Christian Democracy (DC).[83]

>Although Bondanella reports that the Christian Democratic party "was far too aligned with an extremely conservative and even reactionary pre-Vatican II church to suit Fellini's tastes."[81] The director still opposed the '68 Movement, and befriended Giulio Andreotti.[84]

>Apart from satirizing Silvio Berlusconi and mainstream television in Ginger and Fred,[85] Fellini rarely expressed his political views in public and never directed an overtly political film. He directed two electoral television spots during the 1990s: one for DC and another for the Italian Republican Party or PRI.[86] His slogan, "Non si interrompe un'emozione" (Don't interrupt an emotion), was directed against the excessive use of advertisements in TV. The slogan was also used by the Democratic Party of the Left in the referendums of 1995.

forgot picture

My personal favorite director: Stanley Kubrick

>Herr recalls that Kubrick was sometimes akin to a 19th-century liberal-humanist, that he distrusted almost all authority, that he once alluded to Irving Kristol's definition of a neoconservative ("a liberal who has been mugged by reality") in a favorable way, and that he was "seemingly" a social Darwinist.

>Herr further wrote that Kubrick owned guns and did not think that war was an entirely bad thing.

>The writer said of initial reactions to Full Metal Jacket that "The political left will call Kubrick a fascist."

>Frederic Raphael, who co-authored the Eyes Wide Shut script with Kubrick, says that the director once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything", and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the Eyes Wide Shut script.

bump

Walt Disney
>Drove an ambulance at 14 in ww1
>got screwed out of his first intellectual property by Jews
>made the idea of trad value family entertainment viable
>hated (((bankers)))
>when his (((unionized studio))) went on strike he gave them up to huac
>invited Riefenstahl to promote her movie Olympia
>would go on to make der fuerhers face anyway
>fired gay pedophiles like Tommy Kirk

obligatory

Tommy Wiseau
>fled an unspecified Soviet satellite state (probably Poland) because he loved Americana
>became a successful businessman despite brain damage from a car accident and not speaking English as a first language
>used said success to fund the worst movie ever made
>movie is about how women are manipulative whores
>movie still plays to sold out theaters even in sjw towns
>the man has beaten (((hollywood))) at its own game and dropped unintentional redpills

based Wiseau

wasnt he a jew himself?
if so, than he was, dare i say, /ourjew/

He's fucking based. There's a dialogue of him talking about leaving hollywood from years ago because of all the jews. He's been making quality content for years. Directing, writing, producing And acting

Can you imagine being good looking in the same fashion as Eastwood?

God bless Clint.

Eric von Stroheim

>archetypal fascist director
>loved to waste (((hollywood))) money on artistic realism
>made a 10 hour movie called greed
>made the foolish wives for $1million much to (((universal executive's))) displeasure
>on a negative note got beat by protofeminist poncho barnes after he said she couldn't play a man

Jack Webb

>took on drug culture and degenerates at the height of the freelove movement on tv

Gary Sinise

This so fucking much, nu-Sup Forums is a plague.

Paul Henning

>created the 3 of the most successful sitcoms of his time; Beverly hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres
>shows are wholesome and not too racy poking fun at rural and urban life
>all 3 were cancelled around the same time by (((Fred Silverman))) at CBS despite being well rated

haha wow, so are yo not even allowed to talk politics IN TV/FILM on a tv/film board?

it's inconsistent as fuck, depends on the janitor.