DBS brings back Frieza

>There is no back story to Frieza
>all we know is that he ruled the universe and has a father
>Literally nothing known about his childhood, species, or rise to power
>Real opportunity to explore this element
>He could have went off and did his own thing and crossed path with the Sayians later on
>Could of showed flashbacks of when he was young
>Could have explored his origins
>NOPE, hes going to train for 4 months so he can achieve the biggest power boost in DB history
>Dont even show his training process of how he got stronger
>They literally brought him back just to kill him again
Why did they pander so fucking hard with this?

>Transformation is just a palette swap
>Turns out he knew about Buu and Beerus all along
>Knew that they were both stronger than him
>Knew he could train to get stronger but didnt because "Nobody ever posed a threat"
>Thinking a paranoid tyrant like frieza wouldnt have achieved his peak just so he could take Buu and Beerus if he ever crossed paths with them

Yeah, that sounds like bad writting.

Toriyama finished his work ages ago, he doesn't give a shit anymore, he just wants money

t. Cellfag

I mean Buu was sealed away and Frieza knew Whis would kick his shit in or Beerus would Hakai him if he got out of line.

Maybe that's why he wanted to wish for immortality?

You don't need to argue against every obvious occurrence of shitty writing and plotholes in DBS. Just accept it and enjoy it as the shitty cashgrab it is, there's no shame in doing so.

>Backstory

I bet you thought the Star Wars prequels were a good idea too huh?

Not him, but they were. Aside from pacing and memes.

>Hating on the prequels
>letting critics tell you what to think and like

>taking DB seriously

boi

Anyone have that image of Frieza trying not to convert into a gay

>anyone who doesn't like what I like is just parroting other people who don't like it
The prequels weren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be, but they were ridiculously mediocre. Except for Episode II, that one is genuinely just bad outside of a few cool moments.

>"And then my empire spanned like half thousand planets in a universe that has thirty inhabited ones altogether"

>>Dont even show his training process of how he got stronger

that's where you're wrong

And plot, and acting,and fight coreography...

>Why did they pander so fucking hard with this?
>wants a 'freeza backstory' episode
>wants a 'freeza as a kid' episode
>wants a 'vegeta looks in space for goku' tier episode
oh yeah they pandered so hard, just not to you and your stale taste

this kind of lack of pride in your work is insulting to your fans, and your own work. even when he was actively writing he forgot critical plot elements all the time. db needs a full reboot by a competent author or team of authors

I wouldn't say he doesn't care. He was clearly pretty butthurt when the director of Dragonball Evolution ignored him and did his own thing.
Here's a bit from an interview

>Also, at the time of the Hollywood movie, the live-action Dragon Ball, the script had too little of a grasp on the world and its characteristics, and on top of that, it had a conventional content that I couldn’t find interesting, so I cautioned them, and suggested changes; but in spite of that, they seemed to have a strange confidence, and didn’t really listen to me. What came out in the end was a movie I couldn’t really call a Dragon Ball that lived up to my expectations.

That being the case, there were parts where I wanted to show some spine, with a world and story only the creator could draw.

Headcanon fucking accepted.

I can't imagine how pissed off someone would be watching their baby get fucking raped in such a fashion, especially when he tried to steer them in a different diirection.