In this corner

Why is there no hype for this movie?
The rip is out. How's the subs? Go for it or wait for the official subs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wG4U5A3vypQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No studio wars.

> another WW2 movie

no

Its been out forever.

I wanna wait for the official subs, but I'm dying to watch it. I'll just watch it tonight, and then re-watch once the better subs come out.

There's no hype because no one cares about listening to the Japs whining about the two nukes, even if it is an anime.

>Why is there no hype for this movie?
You must be talking about solely Sup Forums because it was a hit with Japan and with the critics.

Reminder it will be nominated for the Oscars

I'm from Mexico

I'm not kidding, this movie was aired at teathers several fucking months at teathers and apparently it's getting a Bd release with Mexican dub

I am VERY surprised that we are getting these kind of movies

Exactly. When the rip for Your Name, we have tons of thread. This just came out and nothing, not a single thread.

Seems like a shit rip, I'd rather wait for a proper BD releas and then you'll get your threads I'm sure.

I'm interested in the movie but not so interested that I can't wait for a good rip. Also I don't care if Japan whines about being nuked in the war in their movies. Every culture has its own perspective on history. If Afghanistan produced anime you wouldn't expect them to show American GIs in a positive light.

I never knew it was posted even its nearly 4am now but I guess I can watch it now.

Watched this on cinema earlier this year. Its not that really special

Looks OK but the subs are terrible

Terrible as in badly written or terrible as in the colour scheme is awful? Because I can quite easily fix the second one myself but the first one is a deal breaker.

They feel machine translated, senpai
Sometimes they get almost unreadable

The subs are machine translated versions of the chink subs, and they're near-incomprehensible. Just wait for the official release.

Where? Are you sure? I've been looking at my local theaters for months trying to get a catch of it and I only saw Your Name until recently.

Well fuck, if it's getting a BD release might as well buy it to show that we care over here, I guess.

It got two runs in my city, one back in march iirc and another one like a month ago
When I went to see it I was the only person in at the screening

>When I went to see it I was the only person in at the screening
God fucking dammit, well at least you are doing your part.

>the first one is a deal breaker.
>The United States naval forces in the entire waters of the Eastern Pacific War to fight, on their own waters forever
>With the wild wild brother, boys have a full speed escape between the unspoken rules

What are you talking about? this sounds amazing; sure, if you want to enjoy and appreciate the movie fully, these subs are terrible but for a second viewing these should be the go to subs for some unintentional comedy

Honestly its 5am here now. I haven't slept. I wasn't sure if my brain just wasn't reading it right.

>Honestly its 5am here now. I haven't slept.
Kek, you me?
I've just spent the entire night watching chink cartoons

Was pretty comfy at first despite the slightly abrupt start. Then it just turned into your normal WWII sympathizer movie with forced tragedy. Nothing outstanding about it.

It's getting official subs? When? I thought we were just going to have to wait until a group decides to do it.

Going to get get a McD's for breakfast I think and then probably sleep until 3pm.

They announced the BD release today, also on cinepolis klic

Uh because it's not the kind of movie that should be "hyped" up.
It's a film for people with an actual interest in good storytelling and cinema in general.
>Then it just turned into your normal WWII sympathizer movie with forced tragedy. Nothing outstanding about it.
What? Nothing about the film felt forced at all though? The nuke wasn't even onscreen.
Also, the ending was completely uplifting, and not like other particular war films I can think of.

That was my dinner actually.
Freaky.

>nothing in the film felt forced

Maggots falling out of some mom's corpse while some kid just sits there for a couple of days? A delayed explosion and some kid dying? Come on user, that's just milking tears for the sake of it. The only thing that didn't feel forced was on the Hiroshima end (I think it was implied that the sister had radiation). We never saw the nuke as you said and we never saw her parents die. That wasn't forced.

>forced
I think you're confusing """forced""" with literal realism. Also, it's not like that little girl didn't get a happy ending, so I don't see the issue. That was just her story to be told, nothing more.
Also you should be more than satisfied with the literal scenes of Americans helping Japan out after the war.

What's this show about?

Also the purpose of that scene was to connect the arm of the mother's that fell off due to decomposition with Suzu's arm. It's not like it's meaningless violence for absolutely no reason.

> It's a film for people with an actual interest in good storytelling and cinema in general.
Everything was so standard and predictable. The plot never rose above getting cheap tears and shock value, the lowest common denominators. The themes and insights explored didn't go beyond pushing it's generalized anti-war sentiment. There was never any sort of catharsis for neither the characters nor the viewer.
This was just watching the producers check a list of superficial similarities of other successful takes on the genre.

A bomb falls in love with a girl.

The end?

ok i'll watch it tonight

i'm from veracruz and I watched in march, it was dubbed, though, this was on cinemex
>When I went to see it I was the only person in at the screening
I know that feel user, something like that happened to me when I went to see the love live movie, we were like 5 persons at best

>"D-Don't get too close, Aho, I-I'll explode!"
>"Little Boy-kun, I love you!"
>"YAMEEROOO-"
youtube.com/watch?v=wG4U5A3vypQ
Bakudan-Ai

Where's my Oscar nomination?

Seems like a marketing failure to me. I didn't even realize there was a US theatrical release until I stumbled upon it with an offhand search two weeks ago, and even then the theater I saw it at isn't listed on Funimation's website.

>the theater I saw it at isn't listed on Funimation's website
Never mind, for some reason it's listed under "La Jolla" instead of San Diego, meanwhile the "San Diego" theater is actually a 25 minute drive away from the city...

>literal realism

Throwing almost every """"literal realism"""" in the book towards the movie does not make it great. I think it's as says, it's just the shock value that is sadly needed to carry the heroine's character development. I would've liked to have seen more of the psychological impact.

Though I withdraw my previous statement about the arm I didn't catch the symbolism there.