She is The best Mary Sue. and the best girl of her own series

She is The best Mary Sue. and the best girl of her own series.
Fight me, faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12624618/1/Night-Fall-The-366th-Volume
twitter.com/kkumkkurami/status/903218693257043969
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

diana is my wife

>Mary Sue
>didn't know Papiliodia
>only won the Moonlit Witch title due to Akko's group being DQ'ed
>didn't solve the magic strike at the school
>beaten by a couple of familiars
>failed at succeeding the ritual to be head of her family

Diana is pretty cool

I honestly don't think anyone would fight you on this OP. There are some cool girls in LWA, but one of them is head and shoulders above the rabble. And one ship sails faster and better than any other.

How come no one on Sup Forums knows what a Mary Sue is?

More like Mary Sue has lost its meaning in general due to overuse.

She's close to be a Mary Sue, but not one actually.

Maybe people should go watch Peter Jackson's Hobbit movies to be reminded.

Oh god that fucking face.

If she's a Mary Sue, then who's self insert is she?

Scanlation today maybe?

11/10 Fuckable face.

>See LWA twitter
>Advertising with Diana's page instead of Akko

Kek

I want to see Diana in love!

Trigger knows what everbody is coming to see.

She's not hotter than Akko though.

Like this?

Is Dianabanana gay?

What's the best way to support trigger that isn't unreasonably expensive?

Watch LWA on Netflix, give it a thumbs up.

Tremendously. Also European.

I wonder what the odds of someone translating the nightfall excerpt are?

Already scanned ?
Checked sadpanda & nothing

She's the worst girl in the series and the main strike against it, everyone who doesn't see this has gutter-tier terrible taste and should kill themselves

You want to kill 80% of LWA fanbase ?

>not showing the romantic post coitus kiss
Bah.

She looks exactly like an MLP character.

I prefer thicc sushi myself

Would Frank be willing to read nightfall?

He'd probably do anything to get into the fin's bin.

Diana was a mistake. She's not shit but she's a waste of screentime that should have gone to Lotte or Sucy

Lotte is a deadend character.

Diana will be the heroine of S2.

fanfiction.net/s/12624618/1/Night-Fall-The-366th-Volume

Don't assume for me you fucking faggot. Diana a shit and Diakko a shit.

come on negro post it

You are a mistake

Call me out if this sounds stupid but I don't understand why there's a few anons or maybe just one dedicated to hating on Diana or Croix or whoever but I never read about anyone hating on Akko when she's clearly the shittiest girl. She's a shitty generic genki girl protagonist that gets absurd amounts of screentime by hijacking every single episode regardless of who was supposed to be the episode's focus characters. And yet despite all this time we spend with her she remains generic, isn't a deep enough character to explore and doesn't develop at all. I mean fuck, at one point she learns that she has to have patience and a few episodes later she's already impatient as fuck and people point this out to her, she resets development by sheer force of retardation. And then in the end, what do we get? We start with a retarded but energetic girl that tries her hardest to magic and end with a retarded but energetic girl that tries her hardest to magic, but this time maybe she learned to hit the books or something. Fantastic writting.

Meanwhile Diana is an infinitely deeper and more interesting character with a sympathetic background and who actually develops from her cold shell into a warmer and more kind person who cares about her friends and even restores Akko's yay when she goes through the generic "darkest hour" bullshit every protagonist has to go through apparently. No fucking way she would have done that in her initial state, and that to me show actual character development. Her 2 episodes are probably the best in the entirety of the show.

Not sure how I feel about Croix, she had an actual backstory and we got to see her jealousy, yeah, but we actually got so little insight into her actual character. She supported Chariot and was the source of the A Believing Heart is Your Magic phrase so it doesn't really felt like she would 180 just because Woodward chose Chariot instead of her. It felt like we needed to spend more time with her.

We already knew Diana is the best Developed & Written character from 2 months ago, user.

Hating Diana is just a meme.

The original post was too long for me to make my whole point, so let me just finish with this:

I am in no way saying every single show needs character development, comedic episodic shows in fact work very well by maintaining a status quo which allows you to simply pick one up and start watching at any point, not to mention the characters play second fiddle to the actual jokes themselves and that's fine. But with whole moral about self-improvement and the arc with the words it's very clear they were setting up Akko to grow as a person, but I don't think we really got that at all. LWA TV aimed for character development but they wrote the worst possible MC for it and ended up developing and morphing her personality very little by the time it's over, so it felt like a waste of my time. That's it, just wanted to point this out. Thanks for reading this rant.

Hayao Miyazaki's with a very low level of dickness.

>She supported Chariot
Temporarily. We don't even know if she helped her with more than two words.
>and was the source of the A Believing Heart is Your Magic phrase so it doesn't really felt like she would 180 just because Woodward chose Chariot instead of her.
You're understimating her levels of salt. But I agree it couldn't have been something that happened suddenly. It seems it was something that started like she would try to be on her best and support her friend but as time passed, she progressively devolved into a cunt the more succeses Chariot accumulated.

Diana never went that way because she already had a "plan B", which was being the head of her family, Croix didn't have one

>infinitely deeper and more interesting character
>generic "cold queen bee turned ally" with some sob story background
I'll never understand everyone's love for this utterly bland and boring character.

I mean, I love Diana, she's actually my second fave in this show, but I sorta agree with you on it. Maybe I'm not into the "ojou" or whatever. Maybe if they played a bit more into her personality issues...

Because despite her development, It's like the writers treated her character like she was made of glass.

Diana saves LWA.

>Queen Bee
Do you even understand that archetype?

I think Trigger has a thing with characters like TV Diana in that they're afraid of bringing them down a notch? I think that from what was actually presented in the show, Diana is easily the most "complex" character in LWA but they didn't really bring her down from her high-ground at all. It's like how Satsuki was portrayed a some sort of amazing resolvebot even when she was getting molested by Ragyou or even Noriko from Kiznaiver never losing her cool until the very last episode.

SASUGA
A
S
U
G
A

SASUGA Dayana

will akko do the same to chariot
please say yes

they kinda tried in ep2 and 15, but yeah she still comes off as too perfect

Trigger still doesn't know how to write, they jusitfied Akko's shitty behavior in the second OVA as wanting to show Akko's bad side, yet Akko was so selfish there it's hard to believe she was the same girl from the first OVA, kinda reminds me how many times Ryuuko would full out retarded and curse everyone around her, she did that shit 3 times over the course to the series and let's not even get into how shallow and stupid Luluco and Nova's relationship is, let's be honest, Luluco pretty much raped the guy into being in love with her. They desperately need someone on staff who knows how to write realistic character development and behavior. This reason alone is why I hope there's no season 2 of this show, you know Akko will be be a brat again, Diana will be the unapproachable queen again and Chariot will have next to no confidence in herself again.

Shimada was the only one who tried to introduce realistic characters. There's a reason the entire studio turned against her.

>they jusitfied Akko's shitty behavior in the second OVA as wanting to show Akko's bad side
>reminds me how many times Ryuuko would full out retarded and curse everyone around her
>Luluco pretty much raped the guy into being in love with her
It's fine because she's cute.

But Shimada wrote Enchanted Parade.

I honestly think if Shimada had her way the product would still be half baked, only it would shoujo flavor half baked instead of whatever kind of half baked mess it is that we got in the end.

Shimada turnet LWA into Precure in The Enchanted Parade and almsot turned the series into a boring shoujofest
I'm glad that producer and the rest of the staff blocked her

>Akko nearly alienates her friends, only acts out of her own desires and is easily forgiven for this shitty behavior
>Ryuuko's an ungrateful brat who points her weapon at her friends, calls her partner a monster and nearly kills herself after just promising to live for the person who died protecting her
>Luluco's so selfish she doesn't give a shit about Nova to try and let him become a person, she actively mind rapes him into loving her as much as she loves him for no reason other than he's hot

It's fine because they're cute and let's not even talk about the shady shit the kiznaiver did for her "love"

>Writing EP
>Being competent

Choose one.

Stop expecting good writing.

I don't think the idea or the tone was the problem; LWA's main problems are pacing and repetitiveness. The exact same story could easily have turned into something great instead of just good if they had planned things better.

Shimada is a mistake.

This. The first season had at least 4 episodes in which some mystical force teaches Akko that she needs to "work hard to git good" and then the next episode she needs to be reminded again by a mystical force.

>most popular girl at school
>nice to those she likes
>bitch to those she doesn't
>2 lackeys that rub in her burns or other stuff
You telling me she isn't?

I think the writer of episode 4 actually had the best grasp on believable characters, felt very natural.

It would be more accurate to call her an Alpha Bitch and she is only one superficially because that's what her role was supposed to be before Otsuka and Yoshinari reworked her character to give her depth.

The second cour was way worse, especially with Croix and Chariot. At least the first cour made it somewhat enjoyable.
Careful, people don't like it when you point out obvious things about Diana.

But Nova had no personality before Luluco gave him heart.

The writer of episode 4 also wrote episodes 9, 17, 19 and 20.

The fact that she has superficial characteristics of the Alpha Bitch character while completely contradicting them in her actions and personality gives her real depth, specially compared to someone like Sucy who is straight-up just a Mandy/Gaz-like character.

And she did that by lacing it with "Love Luluco" messages, if she really cared about him she would have given the guy a heart that could grow naturally and it'd be his choice if he loved her or not

>let's not even get into how shallow and stupid Luluco and Nova's relationship is

Wasn't that the point? They say a lot of times how worthless Luluco's first love is.

they really should explore sucy's guarded nature and also show that she does care for her team mates.

>completely contradicting them in her actions and personality
But they don't? She IS nice to those she likes and IS a bitch to Akko, even if she gives a justification for it (petty jealousy). And not once does she rein in her lackeys. After 18 episodes the writers suddenly try to tell us Diana isn't all that bad, and we're supposed to buy it?

>show that she does care for her team mates.
I think they accomplished that, albeit subtly.

TV Diana was nice from the start and was closer to a character like Satsuki or Hermione from Harry Potter than to the usual Queen Bee that is selfish and only pursues status and her own gain. Diana has superficial attributes of a Queen Bee but is as much a honor students/iincho-type character and shares a lot with Ayumi from Glass Mask.

TV Diana has a lot of common with the trope, but the point is that she herself is very far removed from the personalities usually displayed by these types of character. She is neither arrogant, selfish nor manipulative, all are traits always associated with the Queen Bee. She is also not that aggressive and not much of a bully, the only one which she is shown to be angry with was Akko and even then it's not like Diana hates her. She is far more similar to the Ojou-sama archetype in yuri if anything.

The only Diana which can be said to be a Queen Bee is OVA1 Diana.

>After 18 episodes
But that isn't the case? Even before her arc, she was demonstrated to be kind, passionate about magic, responsible for magic and is actually not that much confident in herself. Her most visible flaw was her inability to connect with people who are different from her though. Her family motto being compassion was just the icing on the cake.

I would say even OVA 1 Diana isn't a Queen Bee, it's pretty much only Terio Diana.

>finally got around to listening to the OST in full
>mfw

How can an anime series about a bunch of little witches have a grander, more dazzling orchestral score than anything Hollywood has produced in decades?

>about the shady shit the kiznaiver did for her "love"
I bet you also call Link "Zelda" and Lara "Tomb Raider".

The Gladiator soundtrack was amazing. You take that back.

>At least the first cour made it somewhat enjoyable.
Second cour was bad yada, but stop putting 1st cour on a pedestal. LWA shows sign of being mediocre from the 1st cour, and this reflects very well in the show's ranking and sale when 1st cour ended. The only episodes which can be said to be good are 1,3,7 and 13, the rest honestly just range okay to meh.

2nd cour has just as many, and actually even more good episode, its crime is just its low is far worse than 1st cour's low. And the irony is that the worst offender of 2nd cour is a monster of the week episode in the same style as 1st cour.

twitter.com/kkumkkurami/status/903218693257043969

If there is a second season they should just let themselves to make jokes like this with Diana.

>only episodes which can be said to be good are 1,3,7 and 13,
You're forgetting 8 and 10.

1, 3, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 20, 25 are the best episodes. Most of them had a lot big animation scenes. All in all, if there is a second season LWA needs to make it 13 episodes long so they don't need to spread out their animators.

10 isn't good enough, user.

I honestly was not very impressed with 8 as a whole, but it got the Sucy pictures short and Akko laughing at herself scenes, so I think I will concede and give you that 8 as a good episode.

10 was just forgettable and meh. The jokes itself is nothing new and honestly has been done to death.

A 13 episode show that's 100% episodic and has a lot of focus on the side cast and a plot-driven movie focusing on Akko, Diana and Chariot.

Have to agree with this. It's sad to see that none of the Chariot and Croix episodes make the cut, they were both handled so poorly. The Wangadea would have been so touching if not for the 1st half where Akko demonstrating impatience and naivety to an absurd level and Croix being an edgy piece of shit.

What are anons' top 3 power rankings for episodes? For me:
25: ultimate yay finale, also Akko gets to fly and Cons gets to have a line
3: ultimate unhinged zany fun, future material had better match this in some way again
13: also grand yay moment, as well as proper focus on the main trio before Lotte and Sucy get dropped like fucking flies god dammit

LWA would have worked better if there is no big enemy to fight and no words quest. Just Akko hanging out with her friends, improving herself and trying to prove her ability to Diana.

It can end in the same note as 13, in which after Akko's performance Diana will accept her defeat and got befriended.

The Chariot/Croix episodes were too repetitive. They should have rewritten episode 15 into something different; maybe an story focusing in Croix's new technology, to show the value of progress vs tradition, in which Diana actually explicitly loses and gets a bit humiliated and Akko feels a bit odd about it. They can keep the final exposition by Chariot to Akko, but at least this way the episode doesn't overlap with all the other Chariot/Croix confrontations that lead nowhere and didn't actually matter at all in the story.

anyone that doesn't have the piscies episode as a top 5 is a little bitch

Nah, the story would have been fine if they had actually planned it out. They wasted way too much time on dumb Chariot/Croix confrontations that only made Chariot look like a little whiner. They could have condensed a lot of it to make room for other stuff.

25: Sakuga, the battle was really fun to watch
7: I just really, really like the humour and the tone of this episode. It has everything I want in LWA, school work, spell class, other magic creatures, just the right amount of silliness with no Akko being obnoxious and dumb.
13, 20, 18 and 3 on the same tier.

Keep episode 14 the same
Rewrite episode 15 into an episode about Croix's new technology. Diana and Finneran are wary of it. Ultimately Diana explicitly loses to Akko because she refused to use Croix's gadgets and actually gets somewhat publicly humiliated, they actually show off her jealously explicitly before they reveal it later on. Akko still gets the talk about the Words from Chariot at the end and some brief flashback for Chariot and Croix.
16: Rewritten into an episode about Akko learning patience from Lotte and her family instead of some stupid gag episode about a plan sickness.
17 and 18 remain the same but they switch places.
19 and 20 remain the same but they come up with a better excuse for Andrew and his dad to be at the Cavendish state.
The content from episode 15 gets passed to episode 21; Akko falling for Croix's trap feels less repetitive and so does Chariot's silly ineffective fights against Croix.
Episode 22 remains the same.
Chariot and Croix's backstory in episode 23 gets rewritten into something a bit less straightforward. Give Croix a real motivation beyond "I'M SALTY AS FUCK". The second half remains the same.
Episode 24 just needs to give the audience a real magic fight between Chariot and Croix instead of the Star Wars shit.
Episode 25 remains the same, except change up the politics stuff a bit so it feels like Andrew actually did something.

Other change:
Just accept the controversy. Kill the soccer game shit and just use some Brexit allegory driving up the conflict between the countries.

That's how I would improve LWA second cour.

He's not wrong. The people who had the kizuna mark were called kiznaivers.

I think 2nd cour could benefit from 1 episode of Akko and Diana cooperating on something or Akko actually learning about Diana's problematic family + another side plot, that would make Akko's reaction in 19 makes more sense.