Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, and what you think, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PbC7hkpOd1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WLy5lSm4HQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just finished Burn Up Excess. Thought it was gonna be trash, ended up being surprisingly charming and fun.

I finished Ashita no Joe and it was pretty not that good.

bait

Ruroni Kenshin
the post-Shishio stuff isn't really that much worse but I want to see more Saito

What do you like about it?

Had my daily rewatch of Katsudou shashin, and shed a tear.

I'm on episode 89 of Maison Ikkoku. The misunderstandings have reached astronomical proportions. I'm not sure how much more I can take, but I'm too far in to stop now.

Wicked City was cool.

Also thanks to this amv i found cool shit to watch

youtu.be/PbC7hkpOd1Y

>amv
cancer

The Tatakae Iczer-1 OVAs.
It's pretty bad.

Yeah thats why i liked Urusei better since you know its a comedy.

On episode 6 of Crest of The Stars and it's excellent so far.

I like how the romance is progressing at a believable pace (a rarity in anime) and also how liable the characters are.

How are the later seasons? Are they better or worse?

*likable, not liable.

IT JUST KEEPS GOING. IT IS ONE ENDLESS MISUNDERSTANDING SPIRALING INTO INFINITY.

Oshii, huh?

About to finish Touch, and stared Tekkeman Blade, been fun so far but blonde faggot is staring to get in my nerves.

I finished angel cop a few days ago and I thought it was p good. I quit halfway through EP 1 of genocyber and now I'm working on Bubblegum Crisis, which seems good mostly because of the 80s-90s style, music, clothing etc.

Eh heh heh.

riveting headline.

Just finished the Ace Wo Nerae movie. It was fantastic - really happy I gave it a try. The choreography and the artwork was fantastic.

Still working on Blue Seed and Sailor Moon R, and re watching SDF Macross.

Probably going to watch The Dagger of Kamui

>Ace Wo Nerae movie. It was fantastic - really happy I gave it a try.
You watched the series first though, right?

I thought the story was kinda shit, though maybe I just find shoujo intolerable, but the pacing and structure were fantastic. You'd never know it was adapted from a show, they did great.

Nope - saw the trailer for the movie and the TV series and I wanted to go for the prettier looking version first. I don't intend on neglecting the TV series though, I'll be picking it up soon.

Jesus I hate these guys. But I'm almost there!

One more episode and I'm done.

>mfw I've been watching this show since February

Watching Space Adventure Cobra right now. Feels like City Hunter in space and that's fucking amazing.

I saw the movie and it was pretty okay. Probably the best Dezaki I've seen. Does the show take an episodic structure or is there an overarching narrative?

>"Hey Benton don't crap your pants if you see a vampire out there."

"Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you by the end of your fucking dick....so just get off my back."

The first arc of the show is loosely the same plot as the film. The rest is a few multi-episode arcs with some stand alone episodes interspersed. What else by him have you seen, by the way?

Aim for the Ace, Ashita no Joe, Rose of Versailles, Golgo movie. Space Cobra is probably next on my list of his things to watch, don't know if I will get around to it anytime soon though.

>tuberculotic homosexuality
I think they were onto something

Well, I did it. I finished Maison Ikkoku.

I have complained about it often in recent months. Some complaints about the show, I will maintain, are legitimate. The misunderstandings got a little too ridiculous at times. Some things got dragged out for way too long. Akemi, Ichinose, and Yotsuya were horrible people almost till the very end.

But -- I was smiling through the entirety of the last episode. I'm not sure I've seen a more perfect end to a show before. I'm someone who hates romance, and whose only experience of Takahashi has been a few episodes of Inuyasha on Adult Swim back in the day. I downloaded this show fully intending to hate it, and in the beginning I did. But somewhere along the line I started to love it instead. And then the love turned into hate again (around the time when Yagami showed up). Yet somehow, the show drew me back in. Kyouko has become one of my favorite female characters of all time. Her character arc was more thoughtful than I ever expected. I knew I was in for something special when it was revealed that she was a widow, but the depth that the character was given was truly a surprise to me.

Maison Ikkoku has major flaws (the foremost being length), but it will always have a special place in my heart.

I think I'll give this one a go after I finish Touch.

Man I picked this up a while back because of all the goofy meme quotes but it turned out to be a fucking 10/10 OVA

>tfw no time travel waifu
Why even live?

I just finished the original Tank Police. About to start watching the "New" Tank Police.

youtube.com/watch?v=WLy5lSm4HQo

video related.

The original is of my favourite OVAs of all time. It nails the general vibe of Shirow Masamune manga perfectly. I did'nt like New as much, but it was still a fun ride.

Mayas tits being fondled by her dad...

Do it. Then maybe I'll pick up Touch next.

Man early Shirow is so much fun.

It's a great anime tho
yeah, misunderstanding is annoying, especially closer to the end
still my favorite romance anime

try Kimagure Orange Road

been watching a lot of Rintaro stuff lately, coincidentally also a lot of Kenji Miyazawa adaptions too.

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal was unexpectedly quite fantastic. That said I will probably never watch anything else in the franchise because it all looks like garbage.

I never even knew this was out there anywhere. Looks neat. Third row down on the right looks like it could have come out of Take the X Train.

Shinbo

She was hot, but the movie was pretty bad.

>unexpectedly
???
It's so highly rated here, and everywhere, I don't see how you could find this to be unexpected.

Just finished watching Five Star Stories. The character designs were pretty aesthetic.

Most people have garbage tastes. Why would I think it was going to be good based on that.

I don't think you'll ever hear someone call that OVA shit though.

I would link to a thread I just found after you posted this on that website where you list anime where there is a Mushishi fag arguing there isn't anything good about it at all and saying it is unfair it is above Bebop and Mononoke.

tokimeki tonight

the stupid faces are enjoyable

So a quick update from
Almost done with the encodes, just one movie and a couple ovas left

Also I just realized that the little Rumic World Special was in fact subtitled and included as part of ova 12 in the dvd rip. I was worried that I'd have to leave it out, but luckily all I'll have to do is mess around with the sub timing

4:3 ratios?

I'd watch it if the audio on the BD rip wasn't so bad.

>bd movies

Most of the ovas are 4:3, and most of the movies are in 1.85:1. Lame I know, but it annoyed me that the blurays were never subbed

Neither were the R2J DVDs of movies 3-6 though. At least there you have 4:3 ratios at 720p.

Matasaburou was great, one of Rintaro's best. I don't find most of his work that compelling though.

I just finished the series and it might just have one of the most perfect endings to a series ever.

Just about to re-watch Monster Rancher, again.
Maybe finally watch all of Orphen after that, what's best place to stream pre-2000s stuff?

Jesus yeah, I dropped it because I got sick of shredding my eardrums.

Ushio and Tora, Hana Yori Dango, Ranma 1/2, haunted junction

Post Shishio is filler in the anime. Read the manga for more Saito,

On episode 33 of Ashita No Joe, pretty good.

Nobody over 20 should post here

it will be fine user
I watched all of urusei yatsura one episode a day

How? It's so good, I watched, like, five per day, minimum.

Wow, is it a lot of people who finished Maison lately or is it just one or two guys? I only read the manga of it, it's nice but can get on your nerves. UY is still the best Rumiko work and probably will never be rivaled.
Anyway, finished Galaxy Express, the ending was cute but nothing special (as I expected). Started Votoms, really enjoying it, two questions about it:
1.Will Coconna ever change her disgusting pants? I don't know if it's just her really fat tights or fluffy pants but this is annoying as hell
2.Other Votoms stuff I should watch besides the main series? or is it the only thing I should stick with?

Mellowlink is great and only 12 episodes

Dirty Pair Flash

Watch all except Finder and Case Irvine.
In a Kummen arc she wears a nice dress

The show's name is Bottoms.

How do I find a GF like Ayukawa?

I'll do it then.
Jesus he can crush someone head with those legs why even use a giant mecha

Slayers is very fun!

Finished kimagure orange road and just finished watching the first movie. The movie made up for all the shitty parts in the series. Seeing Hikaru getting dumped was a joy to watch

I don't get why Kyosuke was so indecisive. Only a retard would pick Hikaru. Poor guy had to tolerate her for his high schol years.

I had the same problem with Maison Ikkoku. Seems like 80s and early 90s romcoms had that "hard work and effort always pays off" aesthetic. It was laughable how close she was to end up with Mitaka, so Takahashi had to think up of some bullshit to remove him as a potential interest. It was tedious to watch through nearly hundred episodes of the whole cast harassing Godai and making his life living hell. And people say that Orange Road is shit.

Is crest/banner of the stars good

Not otter boy but-
What's the ending?

Yes it is.

The movie redeemed orange road from being shit. Also I can't stand Rumiko. In every singe one of her manga there are always retarded misunderstandings that take way too long to be resolved.

They get married and have a kid. It's actually pretty shitty since Godai and kyoko are still staying at Maison Ikkoku.

>It was laughable how close she was to end up with Mitaka
Way to confirm you didn't read/watch it. That, or you're just retarded.

The only problem with orange road is that Ayukawa is so much better than her competitor so it made no sense for Amuro to humor Hikaru for over 40 episodes.

About to start reading Getter Robo.
Yeah that's all I got to say.

She was straight up going to marry Mikata if it wasn't for that stupid pregnant dog thing. Rumiko couldn't even resolve the rivalry well so she decided to something retarded