What does Sup Forums do?

What does Sup Forums do for a living?
What do you work or how do you profit financially if you dont work why not?
I am a 21 year old lumberjack learning tree climbing I enjoy the work but am doing it since I dont know any better.
Share your thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TCbFEgFajGU
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5346699/First-private-police-force-caught-400-criminals.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I sell mangas and
hunt rabbits/dove with a bow on weekends

Study to be a lawyer

I read
>hunt rabbis with a bow on weekends
sounded hilarious

work in hospital

Bought 10.000 bitcoin in 2012 and being on welfare

chef at wendy's

None of your fucking business

I write code for a Chinese satellite tech firm and perform comedy here in Chicago.

lmao op yer dental appointment is tmrw

I teach political science.
Yes, it's a real hardship.

I write.

winning the thread so far

trucker

24 Taper/Drywall finisher $18/hour
$2 raise every 6 months / full dental/medical coverage
Full pension + Canadian pension

I compile data for google honeypots, so that they know how to ruin someone's life when the time comes

I’m a Materials engineer. Mainly I try and make better coatings for jet engine bits so they don’t melt as quickly.

actually I'm a chef at wendys....

I write shitty datamining threads for shitholes like Buzzfeed and HuffPo because I'm a pathetic loser.

Don't worry, we only go after those on the naughty list. Provided of course, the data on your profile up to this point hasn't been, dare I say, problematic.

I make a comfy profit being a freight broker. Nice above average salary plus commission.

Please take my freight to Nevada

I am fininishing my biomedicine graduation doing intership in a lab(in my country you are obliged to do interships to get your diploma) and working as a substitute teacher to get some quick money sometimes.
I'll probably not gonna even use my degree to do anything and go into my father business since its easier and pays better.

I'm a collegefag that hopes to get a cyber security job so I can see some shit.

Never heard of this, sounds good.
Do freight brokers attract business via their website? Or is it just an online business card that doesn't really matter.

Did tech support for an outsourcer before Microsoft sent the jobs to India. That was a better education than collage,c which I didn't graduate from. I worked my way up through tech companies until I now have a six fights income because of my expertise in a specific area.

I am angry software companies are so short signed they send all their support jubs to morons in India or the Philippines. They don't know what the hell they are doing, have a degrees that meaningless because they don't know shit after they get it, then these companies complain they can't find the people here in the US youtu.be/TCbFEgFajGU

I'm a boobie streamer on Twitch. I get all sorts of money from all sorts of suckers.

I own a private security company, doing something quite niche and narrow. I've got a few other things on, but that's what I dedicate most of my time to.

Do you have to be ex-army/police to start those? There is someone is London doing this in a niche, it was in the paper the other day, I think just for the rich? absolutely killing it

This was one of the ones I read about recently:
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5346699/First-private-police-force-caught-400-criminals.html

some guy pays me to hang out at a starbucks 5 days a week and write an off broadway play on my laptop (some shit about two lesbians starting an underground fight club with horses and shit. i don‘t know. he let‘s me take a lot of libertys). never met him. he checks up on me via the local pay phone every now and then. oddly a man bun was a requirement for the job for some reason. recently he specified i had to repeatedly tell the staff how i could not eat or drink anything with gluthen in it. i don‘t ask too many questions. it‘s an easy 3 K a week.

You're quite fortunate that the highest security clearance in the USA is transferable between the public and private sectors, and routinely issued. What I'm getting at is that you can quite easily apply for a position in the Reserve military or National Guard that gives you that level of clearance, then take it to the private sector. In the UK we are not so fortunate. It's also much rarer here. In my company there are five of us who hold a DV (top UK clearance).

That said, I'd avoid it if you want to do anything remotely interesting as most of your time is going to be spent doing pen tests on large systems holding boring, but important, information. Medical records, that sort of thing. Go elsewhere (military, LEO) if you want the sticky stuff.

i live with my parents and basically live my life like a never ending weekend

Front End Developer.

Spend my time working in Perl, SQL, and PHP. Our system is fucking old.

Get ready to be fired and replaced by a recent migrant soon.

cia spy

Out of all the Mayfair companies, a grand total of 0 were founded by someone without a military background. Outside of Mayfair, three in the UK have been founded by those who have no HM Forces experience. Two of those are former MI6 officers, the other did some thing with the NCA or SOCA as it was known then.

I'm a former Army officer. The only people I employ who aren't former are two translators, a medical intern and the admin girls. It simply isn't possible to get that ball rolling without some very, very serious contacts. And I'll stress that we're a relatively small fish.

I sit in my comfy deck at work calling DAT postings if my carriers (trucking companies or Owner operators) that I'm buddy buddy with don't have the availability. Basically you form relationship with companies to let you know when you have a load and they have a truck in that area. If my contacts fail I call DAT and internet postings. I.e. I'm in St.Louis call me if you have a pick up in the area. The Account guys work with the product companies to get contracts and I need to get them moved

> PHP
disgusting. At least tell me you guys are on PHP 7 now.

Also former this guy's job, but I now work in information security full time and go to school full time.

Gravedigger.

Jews, Muslims and other assorted degenerates accidentally get dropped in the mud face-first and buried with one of the church cats turds on top for company.

Yes luckily. I finally got them pushed from v5 to v7.

And I know.. I'm trying to get us to migrate to Python backend with ES6/7. Pray for me user.

>Perl,
>PHP
I am so so sorry

I'm a midwife, it makes decent money though I don't do it as much as I could to make more.

Perl isn't so bad really.. it's PHP that I fucking hate.

migrants don't do trades/blue collar work, they do pajeet tier tech/ comspci

public accountant, it's boring as fuck.

Hmm I figured as much. Good info, cheers

I didn't learn PHP until I had to start breaking into web apps instead of designing and developing them. That being said, Laravel is a solid backend framework for what it is.

Engineering student, I sometimes work as a construction worker.

trust fund baby 8 figures. I HATE liberals and am considering getting into local politics to slaughter them.

Yeah we use Laravel, it does it's job.

And same, when I'm not at work I write a fuck ton of JS (ES6/7), so much better than PHP.

I am just a concerned citizen

Nice

I'm a consultant, I'm a coder-for-hire. I make on avg like $120k a year in a country where

Lineman here. I climb more poles than a stripper to keep your power on.

Proof?

Eternal NEET here. Until society changes exactly how I want I won't ever even consider working.

Checked! Take this as a sign, user

As a conservative myself, you sound like an entitled piece of shit.

No he doesn't? You projected that

Peaky fucking Blinders

>No he doesn't
Yes he does? Maybe you projected that

Air National Guard boom operater. Best job on the planet. Getting paid to travel the world

160k annually

On disability due to a mental break 5 years ago which was ignited by drugs/alcohol.

Worked for nearly 40 years so i'm not feeling guilty about needing the monthly check.

I'm going to school in a foreign country to get my Masters in Theatre which means I'll be mocked by my right wing friends. But I did it anyway because I love the Classical theatre and want to bring the Arts back to something actually artistic instead of being Marxist propaganda.

React is a great framework along with Vue if you feel like whipping up a fun idea for an SPA. Knowing React well will also get you a solid $120,000 and up front-end engineer position in SF right now as a lot of companies transition over to it from Angular and Ember.

There is hope for you bud. Also I guess you're gay. SF is good for that.

Self-entitled doesn't mean wealthy. He said he was wealthy, didn't like liberals, and was considering putting his resources to use against them.
I wouldn't say I was wealthy, but same here.

Cleaner at my local airport

I've been using React for about a year now? And I LOVE it, way more than I do Angular, Ember, or Vue.
Paired with Next.JS, React is super powerful when paired with react-router.

And yes I'm Gay, but I would have to have a GOOD deal handed to me before I'd consider moving there, I was in SF for about a week and only part I liked about it was the pier-side food.
Hate SF gay people, pretentious fucks the lot of them.

I collect data from internet messageboard users under the guise of casual conversation in order to build psychological profiles on them.

We use React with Redux and React Native for apps.

Redux is great.

Haven't tried React Native yet but I have heard it's pretty good for writing native apps.

One could say that you're mining for information, perhaps? I wonder if there's a more appropriate word for information though.

This discussion doesn't interest me enough for me to keep going.

Truck driver.

That was the idea you autistic prick

EMT-B at 19 pretty neat honestly.

Mostly work at Taco Bell. Occassionaly make sushi that gets comped out.

React Native is limited in comparison with original platforms' tools but it's sufficient to make mobile clients for a server based platform.

It runs a business logic in a separate thread using JS engine such as Chrome V8 and makes calls into native libraries of a mobile OS for rendering views, etc.

Ahhh I see. I'll have to try it out sometime

I am a chemistry professor. Best job ever. I get to teach a subject I love and I get to research what I find interesting. I just wish it was easier to get funding.

Take my Nevada freight I'm giving you guys thousands just take it

Are you the one who knocks?

You're god damn right.

Recent College graduate
Web Developer & Data Scientist at IBM

I've been here less than a year now. Some good and some bad things about it. Corporate life can have benefits but other times, it sucks your very soul.

I work at Nunyadam Bidness....it’s a health food store in Somalia.

Hey I was thinking of getting into data science with a security focus after uni. Should I go for Applied Math and a CS minor or EECS? I already have about 3 and a half years in web dev with a little bit of experience in infosec.

29 yr old automation engineer. made 120k last year. im the guy who poorfags hate

>Truck driver.

are you going to get some real skills any time soon? your job is on the chopping block.

Potential data mining thread, be careful anons

>I’m the guy poor fags hate

Bitcoin Garillionaire here
>I’m the guy afluent workfags hate

lol 120k isn't afluent at all

it's slightly above average

poorfags hate me because I help automate their jobs

Out of interest anyone get a mechanical engineering degree here? Did you get a decent job out of it and was it worth the effort? In first year of one atm hating every second

It depends where you live. 120k where I'm at is ok, but 120k in some random midwest would probably be pretty great.

Mechanical engineer with 8 years XP working at a small design firm here.

It's not worth the effort. If you hate year one, the next three are not going to be better.

Once you graduate nobody will want to hire/train an underexperiened engineer. You will likely end up doing something completely unrelated to the field.

Day trader making around 30k a year, investments making around 20k a year and renting a flat makes 15k a year. 65k a year and I sit around smoke weed and fuck prostitutes

Oh dear. Thats quite unfortunate. Im in a sandwich course with a year in industry. Will this make a difference or should i switch while im not in too deep?

Card dealer. I like my pay and getting 3 day weekends, but as a non smoker reaking of the shit after every night is awful.

Applied Math and a CS minor. It has other advantages outside of Computing and Data. You can even go into Insurance or other industries. That said, all you really need is Advanced Statistics / business analyses.

Learn R (programming now). It's easy as fuck. IBM SPSS as well. Focus on Data visualization. That's the most lucrative and learn Python if you can. Python open more doors for you.

Also if youre still here would i be wiser to switch to an aerospace or product design course at the end of year 1 or is engineering equally bleak on either path?