Neon Genesis Evangelion

I just finished Evangelion and End of Evangelion for the first time. I liked it a lot, and i want to know what all the Sup Forumsssholes think about it given that i dont visit Sup Forums very often.

Also, who's up for Fanta?

It's not good, eva is overrated. Terrible girls and beta MC

a very large amount of anime have beta MC tho

How old are you user?

I know, but Shinji is one of the worst

It's fucking good and Shinji is based

Cool, but if you want to actually discuss it, good luck.

One of my top favorite series and I like the girls but I haven't brought myself to do a rewatch years after because my gramps died around the time I finished it and I can't listen to Komm Susser Todd without tearing up now.

Theres nothing else to add. Its one of the greatest things ever made.

Now lurk moar till you have a full explanation for everything. See you in a year

Sup Forums either loves or hates it and in time will ruin it for you either way.

Also check the rebuild films, they aren't as good as the og series but they can be a nice supplement

>he takes the alpha and beta meme seriously

I rewatched NGE in entirety for the first time in years and was shocked by how competent Shinji was. Even with Unit 01 on ice and Asuka breaking down he mostly had put himself together until Kaworu's death.

For some reason I remembered him as shit in the second half of the series but he really isn't.

>Guys! hey you guys! I Just finished this movie trilogy called star wars! what did you guys think of it?

You are likely just a sad jackass who cant let dogs lie but with this shitty bait, but in case oyu are just a kid,..

You shouldn't have seen it kid, now you will live the rest of your life as a sad broken human being who realizes that life is meaningless.

After him so many cunts have tried to copy him that by now the original is alpha as fuck .

>He doesnt know that humans are actually separated in Tethas and Omegas.

The "shinji is a pussy" meme is overblown.
While piloting he is actually very competent and even a little crazy. He charged a bunch of angels like a madman, risked his life several times, saved asuka's ass, etc.
He also handle individual losses rather well. He lost Rei, Kaji, Kaworu, Misato and Asuka in about 7 days, and yet he is only TRULY broken in the middle of EoE (as he lost the very last one in that list).
He is not perfect, he is responsible for a lot of his own suffering, but he isnt an incompetent pussy as people consider him.

>b-but he didn't arrange a orgy with all blue,red,purple girls so he is a pussy faggot
That's the reasoning behind most of the people propagating the shinji is a pussy meme.

That's not the message i got from it.

What kid would watch Evangelion all the way through, anyway? I know this is Sup Forums and you gotta feel superior by calling people children, but come on.

Consider that i had the patience to sit through episodes 25 and 26 without rolling my eyes out of my head.

No, i get it. Already looked up the bits i didn't get (the choking parts, mainly).

If i had a disappointment, it'd be that Shinji didn't get a chance to fight in Unit 01 at all

>sit through episodes 25 and 26 without rolling my eyes out of my head.
Is that supposed to mean something? Because episode 25 and 26 are the best in the damn tv series and a very fitting ending.

It's perfect until 3.0 spends half its time and budget on shitty cg scenes instead of creating exposition
and makes everyone act like idiots by hating shinji even though if they wanted him to stay with them and away from an eva, it would make 1000 times more sense to be friendly and caring.

We don't talk about 3.33 here.

Lul

Yeah I just finished watching it for the first time too.
I liked it quite a bit, though I don't really get the whole Asuka vs Rei thing, Asuka is annoying and Rei isn't even a normal human, how anyone could like anything other than their looks is a mystery to me.

I'll probably watch it again in a month or 2