Is The Second Amendment outdated?

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You have the right to arm yourself to overthrow a corrupt goverment.

It made sense in the context it was made, back in 1791, giving power to the people and what not. But who the fuck is going to be storming the white house with a Glock these days? It also seems like a democracy with a heavy lack of judgement if you're constantly fearing the VERY PEOPLE YOU VOTED FOR, are going to turn on you.

It seems bizzare sticking with outdated laws that don't have any relevance in the context they now operate in

Is it good old american stubborness or paranoia?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=npRTEBVal54
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get the fuck out.

NRA shills are everywhere

Just as outdated as the first amendment, desu

I think of Pinochet's Chilean death squads, the Caravan of death. For anyone who says the need to be armed against a tyrannical government is outdated, I present a relevant case in the Western Hemisphere not too far away and not too long ago. And I am so beyond surprised that this debate always boils down to the same talking points and cliched arguments. The constitutionality of the Second Amendment, the purpose, intent, and relevant historical context is settled law. The debate is over. Of course I realize a lot of people would not like the debate to be over, but it is. Our 2nd Amendment codifies an individual right to bear arms explicitly for the purpose of being a member of an old school 18th century militia, but by no means limited toward that end. Hunting and self-defense are are not the explicit or primary intent of the Second Amendment, but they're covered within the individual right to own a firearm just the same. Some people ask if us gun "nuts" really expect to defeat the United States military. Of course that point is completely moot. Does anyone really expect the US military to fire an American citizens? Who would they shoot at but their families, their friends, and their neighbors? Hostilities or conflict would never get that far. In the 21st century the purpose of owning firearms in defense from a tyrannical government is not some awesome Red Dawn scenario. In the 21st century the ownership of weapons is a symbol of non-compliance. I don't know what circumstances might bring about the use of the Second Amendment or require that symbolism to be displayed. It's not the top marginal tax rate going from 35% all the way up to 39%. It's not a mandate to buy health insurance or an increase in Medicaid spending. I don't know what circumstances would bring the Second Amendment to its historical fruition, but that Amendment serves as a wonderful little "r" republican virtue...a well-armed citizenry.

10/10 pasta

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED YOU FUCKING KEKHOLD

Thank you, user.

Shall not be infringed.

Even people convicted of felonies have the right to own firearms.

That's the Goddamn constitution, stop trying to fuck with it.

But why though, why are you scared that the people you voted for a corrupt lunatics

Please speak English if you're trying to respond to me.

>Is The Second Amendment outdated?
It's needed now more than ever

Are you inherently afraid that the people you voted into power are going to have a change of heart so drastic, that you by sheer force will have the need to overpower them

tell me why its not relevant, explain in detail

The 2A has never been more necessary with all
those gun-hating anti-Americans on the loose. The founding fathers could see these cunts coming over 200 years ago. I guess gun-grabbers will have to find out the hard way what, "Don't tread on me" means because they are illiterate uncomprehending fools.

Is America not a modern democratic state with no looming civil wars or revoultions?

The Third American Revolution is already underway.

Now how the fuck are we expected to arm ourselves in the face of tyranny if we've already surrendered all of our weapons?

You're tits on a bull useless. KYS.

This isn's an argument against guns, but pro civilian ownership of tanks, fighter jets and ICBMs.
Also, pic related.

The issue is that if you do this with one amendment there’s nothing stopping them from using the same logic for other amendments.

Agreed
Free speech doesn't apply to the internet either

the government should be scared of its people to make sure they don't forget who they're supposed to serve

Governments have shown in the past that they cannot be trusted even going so far as to murder their own citizens. The only way to keep them in check is with force.

The Bill of Rights was made with the sole intention of making it so the government was powerless to regulate it or make changes to it. That's why the second amendment is so important, if you take away the right to defend ourselves, America will become an Authoritarian police state

What sort of tyranny are you expecting there to be

See but that's the thing, it doesn't even function the way it was intended anymore.

it from being able to overthrow the goverment, to simply the right to defend yourself and your property, which is a different story than overthrowing a goverment with a militia

Yes. Why not be suspicious of those who merely won an election? It does not mean they are agents of the people in their intent.

fuck off dansk we don't need your commie shit here

The right to bear arms predates the constitution. The 2A forbids Congress from passing any law to interfere with thus right. Unfortunately, the constitution doesn't forbid them from banning rope.

Seems like you didn't do your democractic due diligence when you chose a candidate to vote for

If the second is outdated the first has been outdated for decades

K, why ban guns then?

Elections are localized to states and even districts except for the presidency and vice presidency.

Wow you're fucking stupid, good job

Then reinstate the citizen's right to be able to overthrow the government, not ban the small right to defend themselves they still have.

Part of the reason for the 2A is to give people the means to arrest criminals, which is the main reason why Congresscritters and assorted beltway morons hate it.

I'm not necessarily talking about banning guns, maybe the amendment should be "that every citizen has the right to defend arm and defend himself" which is how the amendment is interpreted today

arm and defend himself*

And if the government pulls some shit?

It's about self-defense. We have an inherit right to defend ourselves.

Self-defense is outdated?

Why would a democratically elected goverment pull some shit?

... Because bad people can lie and play the long con? You cant be serious

Because the personnel of that government have secretly pledged their allegiance to a foreign power. One that hates Protestants.

They still have history books over there? Or are they being phased out for Islamic Studies?

United States has never been a democracy it is a republic. Look up the difference.

it's actually

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State

and

>the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I just don't get that deep distrust in the people you, yourself, voted for.

I'm mean sure, technically you could have inadvertently voted for a real life bond villain but that seems like a bad Hollywood screenplay

AMERICA LITERALLY INVENTED EVERYTHING YOU USE TODAY
AND IF DIDNT INVENT IT
>we made it better

Fuck off Norway, your country doesn’t do shit and the average person this planet doesn’t even recognize your flag. Your pussies couldn’t even manifest destiny that’s why your is so geographically shitty .

>not having trust for someone who will say anything to get a vote from you
Hmmmmmm.

Sure, but isn't that fraud and should strip away your power legally anyways

>American education

Typical low German, "I'll go along with anything!'
If you're actually interested, look up the PBS Frontline Documentary on the Bundy Ranch. None were convicted.

>he trusts politicians

>isn't that fraud
Who's going to stop you? The panel of like minded people whom put you where you are now or you gathered over your time in a position of power? Surely these absolute saints are going to cast off any gain of power and wealth in order to do the right thing.

> VERY PEOPLE YOU VOTED FOR

>america is a democracy

wew lad

The person you vote for doesn’t always win.
But let’s say that what liberal protestors have accused Donald Trump of are theoretically true. Say he’s literally Hitler and will pull some turner diaries shit, rounding up all the gay, black, Latino, etc Americans to execute or force them into labor camps. They do this all entirely legally by having majority control in all aspects of government.
Would this be a reasonable form of tyranny to exercise their second amendment rights against?

You're missing the point. The top personnel of the Federal Govenment are compromised. They cannot be trusted. The 2A forces them to make a pretence of abiding by the Constitution and not governing as they would really like which would make Stalin's Soviet Union look like a holiday camp.

Yeah shut the fuck up, America apparently has the best education in the world because the whole fucking world uses our inventions and comes to us for innovation .

What the fuck has Norway done? You fucking pussies couldn’t even conquer the weak indigenous population .

Absolutely

Here's the thing Absolute freedom has turned you fucking idiots into disciplinless cavemen.

There are so many better countries out there with no explicit 2A but regimented safety and inspection and regulation prgrams that have healthier gun cultures than the US.

US gun culture is absolutely disgusting. Fucking cavemen ass cletus with no respect for weapons clearly cant be trusted to train himself well.

We absolutely need regimented regulation because there are too many uneducated idiots out there that because we have ABSOLUTE FREEDOM never ever imrprove.

Constituionalists are fucking cave people

I would say you deserve to get shot but that would be a waste of a bullet.

Of course it would be, but that entire scenario feels like a post-apocalyptic movie where a new civil war breaks out. I'm not saying there's zero percent chance a civil war can't happen, but hasn't time and especially america changed since the 1700s

Point is full stop the US has absolutely lazy, and ass backwards gun culture.

You people dont deserve to have a gun because you are low IQ mongs

OP
This user right here, gets it

>memeflag
You probably are fucking American you retard

America is the best country, we literally are the king of the world and all you shitty countries will be forced to go to war if we ask you to

Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or is your go to statement "The gov't. will take care of it"?

You honestly think that a left-wing people's miltia is forming to overthrow Trump? Possibly, I wouldn't know

>No mandatory service requirements

So none of you even know how to handle guns at all correctly in crisis situations.No larping in the woods doesnt fucking count.

>No standard inspection requirements unlike your fucking cars lmao

So you have shit safety standards

>cant even be trusted to leave your guns around the house because a fucking child will pick the gun up and shoot you.

Americans have shit gun culture and no discipline.

no. That is the only answer.

Attempts to remove 2A is why 2A exists

You clearly arent cavemen.

Mandatory service and regular check ins actually strenghten and reinforce gun culture by ingraining into the the culture and creating an air of responsibility.

Americans are sloppy cave people with third world tier gun cultures.

Zero training required. Pathetic

>Even people convicted of felonies have the right to own firearms.

No they don't because rights can be removed if you've gone through due process and been convicted.

How do you think they can put you in a prison in the first place?

Fuck off kike

>USP in an infographic

That in no way shape or form was an answer. Do they have public schooling where you're from?

>corrupt government
>protecting your right to being armed
also
>be American
>successfully rob a store with a knife
300 years isnt that long ago.
The Bill of Rights is not that hard to understand. It was written by smart people for a mostly illiterate population.
Get off my fucking lawn Faggot.
So tired of this Animal Farm 4 legs good, 2 legs better revisionist bullshit.

Faggot just reposted video about toxic masculinity and the #metoo movement. This is cringe as fuck. You know what to do POL thumb it down.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=npRTEBVal54

And I'm still not even talking about gun control, I'm talking about a very old law that had a clear purpose and place once upon a time, that is now used in different context.

If you bought a gun I bet you the reason wasn't to join the local militia if things went south in DC, but to defend your home and yourself from a mugging or something

Very different purpose than what the 2a was intenteded for

Are human rights outdated? They get in the way of my own paramilitary desires.

*tips tinfoil hat*

Pussicans won’t even enter a school to stop children being slaughtered, does anyone really think they’d ever fight against the state?

No lol because we have mandatory service requirements, take care of our poor and have better mental health care.

Go be a third worlder somewhere else

No?
>the 2A doesn't specifically state that it is there for personal protection against attackers
That's an understood.

Refer to

>do you have public schooling?
>no
My suspicions have been confirmed. Carry on.

>be from Norway
>my people didn’t accomplish anything
>all my people look the same
>all my people think the same
>nobody is unique
>criticize the country that brought the world out of the Stone Age

Nice meme

my bad i thought it was written "public shooting" as in public school shooting.

Still a caveman tho

>can't understand simple English
You're not building that good of a case for yourself there champ.

He's Danish.

"We are red, we are white, we are Danish dynamite"

How do you plan on enforcing that when there's more guns then people in the US? Not to mention, not every gun is registered

Power corrupts.

>But who the fuck is going to be storming the white house with a Glock these days?
In order to enforce its laws a government needs boots on the ground. No amount of tech like drones or nukes will change that. And a millitia will always be effective against infantry.
>It also seems like a democracy with a heavy lack of judgement if you're constantly fearing the VERY PEOPLE YOU VOTED FOR, are going to turn on you.
Blindly trusting democracy to work is retarded IMO. But regardless of that, your point could be made equally well in the 1790s, since the US also had elected leaders back then, so this has nothing to do with being outdated.

which is why there are laws and term of office, so corrupt people (hopefully) wont get re-elected

>hopefully
Hah, your innocence is to much for this world user.

The entirety of the US government is corrupt. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same (((coin))) that only differ on domestic issues

And yet, somehow, corrupt people do get elected. Do you think that someone trying to get into power will abide by laws that would hinder their goals?