Goblin Slayer

I'm still trying to understand if this series wants to stay serious and edgy or wants to become a harem story with goblins in the background.

I'm OK with it either way.

Actually, it's a sad story about autistic level of PTSD and harem part is an important, because relationship can be hard when person's psyche is torn apart. It's not about "who is the best girl", it's about "can they heal his moral wounds".

Why can't it be all of that?

>series wants to stay serious and edgy
Reality does his best.
>become a harem story with goblins in the background.
Unfortunately Fantasy seems to be winning.

>"can they heal his moral wounds".
Fantasy get out REEEEEEEEEEE.
Moral wounds is what makes him strong.
Naive self-insert bitches will make him soft and dead.
With no one seriously taking on gob problem - they'll take over the world and the only Characters available for Gods to play would be male Goblins.
That would be nice, Fantasy, very nice.
I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you!?

Nips love their mediocrity of course this will go full harem like a thousand other series before this one.

Yeah but with like 3-4 girls craving him (although is disputable) already I want to know if I have to call him Pussy Slayer from now on.
This is what I fear. Would be a shame because it has some interesting points.

>moral wounds".
THEY ARE FUCKING GOBLINS.

Did you forget the Fantasy or her dickish coutnerpart also have influence over the high tier monsters like Demons and Dragons? Either Reality stops buffing the goblins or he accidentally gives the other gods an army of super-soldiers to dominate with.

More gobs = less self inserts for Fantasy since they all are on a good side of chart and have to spare gobs on mercy checks = die to rape.

Is new LN translation already released?

Harem is not the problem, isekai harem is problem, it has become so rapant that now any series with more tgan one girl that likes MC is called harem and shitposted to death. GS has "harem" but not in the isekai sense, is a "psychological help harem" and he REALLY needs it, plus they avoided loadas of isekai harems cliches so far, tgere has been a chapter were the girls fight each other for GS dick? NO, in fact CG and GG melia themselves in the last chapter cuz they realized Priestess is the only one effectively healing GS and they put his mental fiximg above their own happiness.

>I don't know what isekai means: the post.

He is right in so far as GS is not one.

I honestly lost passion for the series when I learned goblin slayer is a generic anime pretty-boy who is obsessed with "protecting" someone close to him because reasons.

I mean fucking really? You take such a neat and unique premise for a story, and then develop it as generically possible to make up for it? The worst thing is there is no interesting arc or setup for anything here. It doesn't feel like set up for a grand adventure or a journey of self-reflection, but typical fantasy anime with elves/dwarves and cute girls falling for MC.

When I started reading the manga the last thing I thought would happen is it turning generic. This shit sucks.

>I honestly lost passion for the series when I learned goblin slayer is a generic anime pretty-boy
Why can't goblins get out of Sup Forums?

No one cares if you're ugly user.

>complaining about good looks in the medium inhabited by semen demons and ikemen
wew lad

I know what is isekai harem, nigga
>More than 5 girls craving for MC's dick asnsoon they meet him
>Full chapters dedicate to harem sheinengas
>Full chapters dedicate to the girls fighting each other for MC
>MC is usually a dense faggot
>Or is trying to get a harem on purpose
>The harem thing is more important than the main plot
>Sometimes tgere isnnot plot at all otger than harem's shienengans

>I know what is isekai harem, nigga
No, you don't.
>that greentext
No, you seriously don't, and you need to lurk more.

Isekai means new world, retard.

I said "isekai harem" no "isekai"

>>Sometimes tgere isnnot plot at all otger than harem's shienengans

There's no such thing, retard.

That user is talking about the harem in an isekai, not isekai itself, you are the retard.

Responding to a post that said:
>>I don't know what isekai means: the post.

>Goblin Slayer
Isn't this a general thread, then?

Notnthay user, but in loads of isekais, that basic structure of harem almost always happens. Just see that one about the guy with the cellphone.

He can't enjoy his life, he can't be happy! He is not enjoying murdering Gobs, for him it's a routine. But because of PTSD he can't even have a date.

You quote the wrong user then.

>but in loads of isekais, that basic structure of harem almost always happens.
Ignoring the double quantifier you are still implying that you can define the isekai genre by the harem genre that it often accompanies.

>That user is talking about the harem in an isekai,
Then he should say that.

No, I don't. My point is that you are calling somebody a retard for a very understandable "mistake".
When I say you don't know Americans, and then you say you are going to describe a black American, but only describe a black person, then I can conclude that you probably don't understand Americans.

But that is what user said with "isekai harem".

There's no such thing as isekai harem. It's just a harem that happens in an isekai story.

If user had say "isekai's harem" then novody would have gone confused?

But his point was that the guy didn't understand what isekai was about. I don't know how he got that from the first post, but that's how the argument started.

Which almost always follow the same structure of "self insert power fantasy", is so fucking common right now that i thing we should specifically call it "isekai type harem".

For what i can tell, the first user said "isekai harem" and was talking abojt the specific type of harem that happens in most of isekais. Because the typo user did (not possesive ' after the isekai), the other user thought user mean isekai itself and called him out. All this mess would have been avoided if the first user had written "isekai's harem" instead.

>what was that?
every time.

Everyone shut the fuck up and see this pic, what is shebfeeling?

She's feeling like an isekai harem.

>isekai's harem
Sounds like it could be a title of an actual isekai story.

How about "harem: isekai's style"?

there are already several titles that have that in the name.

>isekai tensei harem
>Isekai cheat de dorei ka harem
>Isekai slave harem

All anons bitching about "everyone trying to fix the GS" have to see that, in universe, his behavior is seen as unhealthy and self-destroying. For the audience can be awesome, but for the characters in universe is a sickness.

>goblin slayer is a generic anime pretty-boy who is obsessed with "protecting" someone close to him because reasons.
Althought I too found the fact that he's pretty under the armor an useless information, I hope they keep heavy on his autistic obsession for killing goblins.

No, since I just wanted to tell other anons what we were discussing here.

They do, Elf forces him to go into a normal quest, only for the quest to have gobs nobody knew. Later elf tries to take him into a demon quest, but he fuck off with Priestess to a gob quest instead.

>this could have been a decent grimdark fantasy
>but it turned out to be Yahari: fantasy edition

I mean he's literally one of the characters of the South Parks episode of WoW.
High level after farming countless of low-level creatures. And that due to his insane hate for gobbos.

Yeah, user should have say "his mental wounds"

>Elf forces him to go into a normal quest, only for the quest to have gobs nobody knew

Hold on, you mean when they recruit him for the first time? Cause I recall they wanted him because there were goblins involved.
> elf tries to take him into a demon quest, but he fuck off with Priestess to a gob quest instead.
That was when he sat on fire the goblin camp, right?

>a harem story with goblins in the background
Yes

>manga makes an obvious importance of helmets
>nobody in the MC's party, not even the fucking priestess, wears a helmet
Decide if you want to be realistic or if you want to show their faces and cute elf eyes.

>waterfallsinmypants.png

NO.
I mean not after going all grim with the first chapters.

Probably because most of the guys we saw fighting are high level and they underestimate the goblins or fight from distance (archer, summoner, priest who technically casts)
> you want to show their faces and cute elf eyes.
but yeah it's probably this.

>Decide if you want to be realistic or if you want to show their faces and cute elf eyes.
Apparently there is an explanation in the LN about why only he wears a helmet but I can't be compelled to read it because the LN reads like middle school prose.

No, the first one was after the farm battle, Elf uses the favor she did to GS to take him out in a normal quest, but then the quest had gobs nobody knew and she was angry.
The second one also happens much later, on volume 3, LNanon said that due to this "elf was in the bar getting drunk, complaining of GS and being shit".

The explanation is that one character was shown being hit in the head by a fucking stone and raped

Well shit I might be behind since I'm following the translated stuff.
Wait, is the manga an adaptation of a novel?

I think is because thier "jobs" doesn't alow helmets, Priestess was chewed out by her superiors for wearing a chainmail in the LN.

Yes, GS is a LN with a manga adaptation.

That's why this manga is a mess, they try to show the importance of common sense but then they explain that it's not the characters being idiots, but there's some stupid explanation like "job restrictions" or the fact that nobody bothers to raise the bounty on goblin quests despite low-level adventurers dying like flies.

This.

>Priestess was chewed out by her superiors for wearing a chainmail in the LN
So it's organized stupidity.

That happened at least twice in the manga so far.

>Priestess was chewed out by her superiors for wearing a chainmail in the LN.
Yeah this series is retarded. Between the wannabe paladin wanting to hop into chainmail bikini's to stand out, and this nonsense this series can only make low level mobs a threat to the world at large by making everyone have severe retardation.

What benefit is there in a world where wearing chainmail doesn't inhibit your ability to cast magic, to not have your clerics wear some measure of protective armor.

This is Grimgar all over again where there is a school that teaches you your class, but none of the white mage teachers inform their students not to use cure on light scratches or not to stand in the rear of the formation. This setting gets dumber and dumber every time I look at it.

gotya, thanks.
does it happen that often? From what I got the only adventures that the goblins killed were those not careful enough

>the series has game mechanics without the LH/SAO stat screen
Why is this allowed?

Pretty much every low-adventurer shown so far died to goblins.

Here is your (you)

D&D.

>Priestess was chewed out by her superiors for wearing a chainmail in the LN.
>wannabe paladin wanting to hop into chainmail bikini's to stand out
Hope they spin this to say that the archetype of the gdr are not very practical.

>does it happen that often?
The story makes it happen enough for people to recognize the pattern here. Low level characters die in droves because of quests not properly being flagged by rank, and by being generally inexperienced and ill-equipped.

The not having proper armor stems from low level characters not having the funds for more than their respective classes defaults, and this setting mandating that people dress up in proper attire. It would be like having construction workers who are told not to wear a helmet. Sure, on a day to day you probably won't need it, but once something hits you in the head it's off to the hospital or the grave.

Can't wait for GS year one. How long has he been in the gobo huntung game by the way? A couple of years I'm assuming.

Because this is D&D and mean literally, the whole world is a D&D game played by gods.

>Why is this allowed?
>stat screen
>game mechanics
>LH/SAO
Because it's not shit.

wait, there are others who die in the LN?
Last I remember there the guys from the first chapter and maybe some dude at the farm.

5 solo years before he ran into priestess.

>autistic level of PTSD
No such level or description in the DSM V. Stop making things up.

Yeah, I remember a couples years too.

It still has game mechanics though what are you on about?

>LH
>shit
Newfags please leave.

It doesn't, i don't see hp bars, "appraisal" skills, levels.

I wish it stuck to either and not did both.

The firmer already makes me expect every girl in this series to end up raped. Its why it should have just been Goblun Slayer walking the earth like Kenshiro and Rei. The harem antics bug the hell out of me after seeing girls get raped and/or killed

>I honestly lost passion for the series when I learned goblin slayer is a generic anime pretty-boy
Oh hey ugly user, you're back.

It's more PTGD

>autistic obsession
It's a normal emotion called "hate"which youll learn when you grow up. And please tell me what % of stalkers and serial killers are autistic.

Yeah but it still functions like a game as you can see from and the whole "GS doesn't let people roll" plot.

>autistic level of PTSD
What does that even mean?

>Goblun Slayer walking the earth like Kenshiro and Rei
>People start talking about a lunatic that kills goblins day and night
>To others, he is no different than the creatures he is killing himself
Sounds cool.
>he firmer already makes me expect every girl in this series to end up raped
Honestly, when it was revealed that there were goblins lurking around the farm, I was tense for Cowgirl. (although the aftermath of GS going full crazy terminator for week probably would have been a good show)

I don't think that's a good explanation for why they don't wear helmets.

Nobody important will get raped, you will get flashbacks with whos, at best a flashback of sword maiden. But the main girls are safe.

The post you quote just getting chewed out, yet she still used it. How is that still functions like games?

>going full crazy terminator
He has no other setting around goblins.

One serial killer fucked and kill over a thousand man in his lifetime. Only an autists would be dedicated to do that amount of fuck and kill.

You're right, it wasn't the correct term.
It's a burning obsessive hatred.

>but there's some stupid explanation like "job restrictions"
When the hell has job restrictions been a problem?