Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOIbQ2cXRHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toriyama and Togashi

Murata

Nakaba.

Not Isayama

UNITED

Holy shit, Toriyama's paneling sucks ass on that page. The best is OP in that image.

>Muh paneling meme
Diagonal lines =/= good paneling

Cellfags need to be purged

Holy fuck FMA's fights are so bad

OP is terrible. The panels are in funky shapes for the sake of it

>multiple hands blocking multiple blows
Holy fuck I hate this in manga so much. It looks ugly as sin

Toriyama has very readable fights, but his overall ability to write a fight varies drastically. And it doesn't help that after the first Arc of Dragon Ball Z the number of techniques being used dropped considerably. Then we started reintroducing more varied ki techniques later on, they're usually just useless.

I put Arakawa Hiromu pretty high on my list when it comes to overall great fights. Murata and endo Hiroki are up there too.

The paneling is just fine. Ignore that cancerous wanpissfag.
Compare it to the One Piece one in that page and the DB one is easy to follow whereas in the OP one it doesn't flow at all and you have no idea what's going on

That FMA page on there looks like shit

Murata's shit always looks unreadable as fuck to me and I just read the dialogue like Eyeshield 21...no clue what was happening 95% of the time. Great illustrator but terrible manga artist.

Toriyama is great though as far as DB is concerned, only up to a point. From Frieza Saga onwards the fights are pretty weak but that Kintoki one-shot showed that he's still able to put together decent fights.

Makoto Raiku gets better further into Gash Bell too, starts off slow though.

Unironically Hiroshi Takahashi. They're all quite short and don't drag on forever, have a lot of impact and don't feature mental shit. His longer fights all flow quite nicely as well and it never feels like a chore reading them.

Only DB, FMA, and Ushio Tora have good fight out of those. The battle feels dynamic while the others are more static.

literally who

Lately One Piece "fights" have all been meme clashes and then cutting away from the action instead of a well choreographed battle. Oda's been doing this shit more since Thriller Bark instead of having actual fights.

>It looks ugly as sin
Not funny

The dude who wrote Crows (and a lot of other things but they were shit compared to Crows).

whoops meant after thriller bark.

I don't know if this author really does good fights, but I think what they do the best are good spectacle moments

You posted him, after Toriyama it would probably be Murata.
>Toriyama's paneling sucks ass on that page
How does it feel to be blind? Take a look at the page again, Oda would not do even dream of paneling as well as Toriyama does. Dragon Ball's fights have an impact that other mangakas just can't achieve,

Definetively not Toriyama

Uh, ok? I don't know why you quoted me since I didn't mention OP in my post. Besides, 1 on 1 fights have never been Oda's forte, anyway.

>That FMA page on there looks like shit
I disagree, and I've read the whole series so I don't know why I would have to be forced to rely on a single page picked by somebody else.

Ishida Sui

Where are my kenganbros at?

Yusuke "Action Man" Murata

looks gay 2bh

Best Toriyama
Worst Ishida

I love the "animation" of Murata and Hanazawa

You're high. Original was somewhat decent. :Re sucks in action.

Right here brother.

I hate his sketchy artwork

Whoever drew this

Crows is only better than Kiku and nothing else.

mid 2000s one piece had the best fight scenes sequencing by a mile

Shit taste my man

German suplexes never not get me hype.

Murata is a DBZfag and his style is hugely influenced by toriyama's , even the fights

>One Piece
Multi-strikes are awful in general but this is just bad.
>Dragon Ball
Based Toriyama
>Bleach
How did he flip back around?
>Full Metal Alchemist
That third panel looks out of place and how did the ninja break away?
>Naruto
He's kicking him in the side when he's in front of him in the third panel.
>Jojo
I don't even.
>???
Shit
>Hunter X Hunter
Good but why is he attacking him with his right when his left would have more momentum?
>Fist of the North Star
epic punch bad combat

sounding off

Coulda done a better job of picking out pages more similar to each other

Murata or Miura

but probably Murata

Togashi's looks great, he should write less and draw more.

My boy Kubo

What went so right with Water 7/Ennies Lobby in terms of battles? Oda was never able to make fights look as good. Was it the novelty of Gear 2? Or the based 6 styles of the CP9 assassins.

>Goku already in the air when Vegeta is looking at him
>Vegeta punches straight ahead even though Goku's already above him
Why didn't you pick a better page?
No need to bring One Piss into this, that page just sucks.

Biggest problem with that entire thing is the manlet MC. Number one issue with this mangaka is his /ss/ obsession.

>ctrl+f "Itagaki"
>No results
SHAMEFUL

Despite the artstyle, "talking is a free action", the fact that the fights could be more graphically violent (with blood, injuries, heavy hit scenes; I don't think I would lose willing suspension of disbelief this way) and focus *more* on movement/positioning choices, elaborate gameplans that accounts for real-life environment hurdles (wind, missteps) other players' stamina along the matches (considering the matches' development also according to which players are considered favorites to win, and the distribution of players' types -- infighter/outfighter/counter) and the players' psychological states (from being tired or injured or scared or otherwise emotionally unstable), I don't remember having complaints towards Keijo. Panelling isn't noticeable, but doesn't get in the way, and the action is easy to understand.
Speaking on the non-graphic aspects of the fights, I like how the characters personalities affect their playstyles, the countermeasures they use for new and already introduced techniques, and I like the power progression feeling believable (returning characters who haven't appeared in a while show signs of improvement, MCs and people around them gradually improve; in many matches in the manga, if you replace one of the characters with a future version of themselves, it would greatly improve said character's winning chances), among other things.

>That third panel looks out of place and how did the ninja break away?
It wasn't exactly a "break away." If by third panel you mean the one with just the boot, that's showing whatshisname beginning the kick to engage in a sacrifice throw, specifically a tomoe nage. Seems like he got flung and the artist didn't have the room to include showing whateverheis doing a flip to recover.

youtube.com/watch?v=tOIbQ2cXRHU

The big issue is doing it with your arm in a lock like that is just gonna make it more likely to break your arm due to the fact most people brace as best they can for the fact they're about to get thrown very hard.

The guy who does Tsugumomo has some impressive stuff

Brother!

No World Trigger? The battles in it are quite good.

>What went so right with Water 7/Ennies Lobby in terms of battles?
It was the CP9. Physical/simple battles are generally more entertaining than fights with complex abilities.

>???
It's Ushio to Tora you pleb

(((VAGABOND))) by Takehike Inoue.
You're welcome.

Hori also knows how to make good fights

Samura and Toriyama

>That third panel looks out of place and how did the ninja break away?
He's not breaking away, he's being thrown and regaining his footing. Seems pretty clear to me.

Endo's MMA fights are very well-crafted as actual fights, but there''s a bit of a lack of flair/energy to them visually. That's not really a flaw in this case (it's a sports series, not an action one), but if we're evaluating it against normal fight scenes, it's not quite the same thing. It's been too long since I've read Eden, so I don't remember how the action was there.

>Good but why is he attacking him with his right when his left would have more momentum?
>he
Hisoka in the second panel? He's standing sideways with his right arm facing Gon, and is swaying backwards, so turning to hit with the left would be too slow on its own (particularly since Gon's primed to punch again in the first panel). He punches with the right, turns during that and his next dodge, and then strikes with the left.

No
Murata doesn't draw good fights

However, he draws the most satisfying punches and hits ever, although he is surpassed by gaki. Every punch, slash, explosion, cut and hit in general just looks beautiful and satisfying

This

Best punches in manga

ONE does good fights, although the art itself isn't very good.

>Those fucked up alien faces
>Muscles that just look like clay that fell down the stairs
>His pelvis is bent in a completley possible direction
>His spine is all fucked
>He has two right feet with toes basically on the side of them instead of on the front
Ah Baki, you horrific anatomical nightmare.

>not picking the double page spread where naruto and sauke go blow for blow
Cherring picking at its finest. I'm not even trying to say naruto has good fight scenes but better then what you posted.

Your first two points are valid, but the last three are because that's a monster-caveman-thing.

This

I would say the opposite.
He draw amazing fights but he's yet to master the hits and punches

>>not picking the double page spread
>cherrypicking
Are you fucking retarded? "You should have picked this one specific page" is the definition of cherrypicking, especially if it's a double spread when all the others are single pages.

Let's see if murata will hit the mark when he redraw it

Why are you reading manga then?

Murata's art is awesome but I can't help but feel that all the digital blurring he uses is shit.

I agree with this. I feel like he's gotten worse about that stuff recently, too - not just blur, but also with his cheap screentone backgrounds and stuff.

I didn't pick that page, I'm not the same poster. But it is still fucking brilliant. I don't know if you are blind or baiting. Goku is already in the air because it i emphasizing how fast he is with the Kaioken (we even see the sudden movement of Vegeta's head trying to spot him). Vegeta punches straight because Goku was doing an arc, he even left a drawing of the aura where Goku was before he backflips so you can see where he was, but apparently you are retarded. Also, I only brought One Piece because the post I was replying to did.

As long as he's selecting a single page on his own, that's going to be cherrypicking, it's pretty much inevitable. The proper autistic way to do it would be to select a random page/chapter number, and take the first fight page closest to that from each series, and repeat a few times (and maybe do spreads separately from non-spreads).

This isn't murata's you fuckturds

This is pretty unfair for Araki desu
JoJo's best fights are the ones that involve more Brain than brawn(Grateful, D4C, Highway Star just to quote a few)

I actually didn't even look at the post was responding to, I was speaking about Murata in general. So my point still stands.

I think he's ok, not the best. There are times his fights are great, but other times, his paneling and layouts obscure or make it difficult to read the actions he is drawing. For instance, I noticed Mirio's Phantom Menace move made a lot of people confused the first time it was revealed. I chalk it up to the way he gave Mirio a post-action pose while not connecting his past moves in a more coherent manner. I liked the page, but I can see why people were confused at first glance.

Is the key to good action just to exaggerate the hell out of everything? Or are there good simplistic action too?

The key to a good action scene is being able to tell what is going on. Anything else is just flavoring.

>The key to a good action scene is being able to tell what is going on.
That's the key to a not-shitty action scene, more like.

tsukuhi

>So my point still stands
So can you give some examples?
Ofc the digital effects quality have decreased, but not to the point to be called "shit"