Made in Abyss

Strap in, boys, looks like we are getting Bonedaddy's Wild Ride.

Bonedad did nothing wrong. It was all in the name of science.

That is correct, unless you mean his actual arc and not the flashbacks, in which case you're sadly wrong.
But its better that way, I really doubt they could do justice to the fight scenes in later volumes.
Memes aside, scientific advancement was the means, not his actual endgame. His aim was pretty well-defined: do whatever it takes to survive the Dawn, and save as many people along the way, and being a narehate was obviously the key to that since Year 2K is going to affect only humans and not the native wildlife, which fluffs are also part of. His secondary goal, which is sort of related to the aforementioned, was "rending the curse of the Abyss", and alltogether he strived to colonize it and make the Abyss an actual habitable place.

Does anyone know how many volumes the manga in the end will be? Has alredy been said somewhere?

People expecting Bonedaddy arc when it's obvious they'll just do 1 chapter per episode and put off Mitty finale to Episode 13.

anyone have the translation of these 2 pages? it's from volume 6

I'm so fucking mad.
With a 60min finale they would have had plenty of time to get to vol5 but instead they decided to spend 4 and a half fucking episodes on what was already the slowest part of the manga, and I can't see them going past vol3, so the next arc is going to be even more dragged out somehow.

To the user from the previous thread wondering about the evidence that Lyza and Reg were fucking, here is a summary:

>Lyza is a shotacon
This is assumed from the fact she married Torka. You might dispute this, but this is the only thing we know about her tastes.
>Reg is a sexbot
Whether or not that is his primary function, we know he has a fully functional penis, a very strong sex drive, and a love for squishy titties. If he can barely hold it around Riko and Nanachi, then Lyza's generous rack should make it far worse.
>Reg and Lyza traveled together
This is seen in multiple flashbacks Reg flashbacks. They camped together and Lyza tells Reg not to feel sad, meaning there was definitely some emotional moment between the two.
>Something happens to Lyza, causing Reg to journey to the surface despite being almost out of energy
After the flashback in Nanachi's place, Reg realizes he was likely the one who set up Lyza's grave and was mourning there. Once on the surface, a single shot from his incinerator caused him to have a full shutdown, meaning he was almost completely out of power by that point. Whatever motivated him to initiate this quest, he clearly pushed himself further then he has ever gone before.

All evidence shows Reg and Lyza had a very close relationship, and judging by their nature, there may have been some fucking involved. It's all quite reasonable.

Nanachi next week, time to see how the adaptation handles bunny

The bunny? we care about the adaption of tama-chan

Hey, Shelmie. You want to go to the museum again, right ?
Hey, Shelmie. I wonder if the immovable lord will come again. Huh ? How long ago was that again ? Shelmie... ? ... Even though we are twins why can't we be together ? But I understand that it's not long now. Because we're twins, right...

I want a many mitty mound. It'd be like a beanbag chair that drools.

Am I crazy or was this episode entirely anime original?

We've known that it would be anime original for a long time now, user.

you're crazy in the coconut. This was a shot for shot remake.

It was translated in a thread about a month back. I don't remember verbatim what the TL was, but it was essentially one kid on the surface talking to his/her now dead twin lamenting that they died. Those same characters also explained in an extra page a bit about the Abyss language/runes.

Basically the birthday disease is ramping up

I don't really follow the threads. I just read the manga and poke in sometimes.

thank you for this :)

>since Year 2K is going to affect only humans and not the native wildlife
Are we sure about that?

Next chapter tomorrow, isn't it?

>you'll never fuck your best friend's hot mother
I really fucking doubt it though.

Will bun grow anymore? I want her to be able to bully reg or maybe even riko

For the 1 hour special to cover Volumes 4 or 5, the anime would have to cover 7 pages of chapter 18, and then another 6 chapters worth of material in 3 episodes.
With the pacing we've been getting (~18 chapters in 9 episodes) it might be possible, but isn't super likely.

Reminder, the bunny smells good!

It looks more like a mountain of asses than anything user.

tiny ozen with old ozen hair is a waste. She shouldn't be graying yet.

Last episode is going to be an hour special

CUTE

can't wait for next week

>You shall pay for the deaths of our brethren, potato loli.

Thats an interesting detail that I honestly overlooked, but I really doubt all layers are revamped during the year 2000. Maybe much like with mass extinctions that took place on our Earth, larger wildlife might get fucked up the foremost, but its hard to judge before we get any more info. All we know, however, is that birthday disease - which I think we all can agree is directly related to the apocalyptic event that is about to unfold - is targeting humans on the surface and that being fluffy is essential to surviving the armageddon. One might argue that the latter should be taken with a grain of salt because Bondrewd is pretty much insane, but I doubt Akihito would write it that way, he seems to make every little detail count, and if we take into consideration the meaning behind the wrod "Aubade" I think its pretty safe to say that the idea of Dawn is not just ramblings if a lunatic and that Reg is also directly related to Year 2K, and therefore was much more valuable to Bondrewd than one would assume at first.

>Chapter 37

Fuck everything. I just wanted happy adventures.

>and that Reg is also directly related to Year 2K, and therefore was much more valuable to Bondrewd than one would assume at first.
There's really nothing to indicate that yet. Bondrewd was interested in him because he was a unique specimen. He had multiple goals including becoming blessed, overcoming the curse, living through the next cycle, and just a general pursuit of knowledge.

>He's an unprecedented individual
Meaning Bondrewd has never seen anything like Reg before.
This page pretty much confirms Bondrewd was interested in him because he was an unknown factor, not because Reg had some connection to the cycle.

That is fair, however Riko suggests that Reg is an aubade-grade artifact somewhere in the first chapters, and Prushka later also says that Reg might as well be even more amazing than her dad's special grade relic, and special grade is the 2nd gnarliest after it. And in regards to aubade,
>An aubade is a morning love song (as opposed to a serenade, which is in the evening), or a song or poem about lovers separating at dawn. It has also been defined as "a song or instrumental composition concerning, accompanying, or evoking daybreak".
Now this all of course is just headcannon-tier theorycrafting, but if that doesn't feel like foreshadowing to you (which Tsu has already shown he is capable of doing), then I dont know what is.

He likely is connected to the 2k cycle, I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that Bondrewd had any inkling he was connected to it. To him Reg was a unique specimen, not something connected to his research.
Also Aubade is just a title for the highest tier artifact in story, we've never had any indication what it actually describes. Does it describe just really powerful things a tier above Special Grade, or is their some hidden qualification.

where can I read the manga? also, I should have asked first, it has a manga right? I hate LNs.

Aren't the white whistle suppose to be the good guys?

The anime is based on a series of doujinshi, so if that's your thing, then yeah.

How about fucking google it?

Bad toad toe.

pink fur...really?

I might never smell the bunny, but at least I want to see it.

>Also Aubade is just a title for the highest tier artifact in story, we've never had any indication what it actually describes. Does it describe just really powerful things a tier above Special Grade, or is their some hidden qualification.
Yes but its also a real word, and I think its no coincidence that it means what it means. Sure Akihito is a jap, but he doesn't strike me as the type that would pick words that just sounded cool or exotic, just look at Sparagmos.

Got a problem with that boy?

They are simply the best humanity has to offer, but in the end they are humans, with qualities and defects, also arguable slightly insane

I don't think the guy got to choose his fur color.

Some people prefer batoto, I kinda like zingbox more because it lets you scroll through the whole chapter.

anyone else notice the influx of animeonly newfags after the latest episode? what the heck spurred that?

looks even better now
idk, perhaps you could tell me since you know, right? but oh there is this thing called spoonfeeding here created to spread stupidity.
thanks user

>just look at Sparagmos.
On the other hand, just look at Gangway. That's just gibberish in context

They're the best, but they're not "good"

Why they should be the "good guys"?

thanks user :)
i've read manga before (mostly because i wanted spoilers or there wasn't an anime about it) but anime just feels better. let me guess, you probably are those type of guys that say "OH but the book is ALWAYS better" right?
also i've been here for almost 10 years now

>:)
>also i've been here for almost 10 years now

What? they are good guys! Bondrewd makes sure humanity advances in science
Ozen and Lyza are protecting friends from harm
Wakuna guides them!
and Srajo, well we don't know what he is doing but we are pretty sure it is something good!

Why? Its the passage through which you ascend to the morning star. And the part regarding ascension is most likely related to the fact that it can bounce and zigzag around until it reaches the critical point where actual damage would be dealt, since its harmless as long as its reflecting off the walls.
Far Caress is also a briliant name for tentacle rape device that works at longer ranges.
Shakers are relatively simple, since they "only mildly turn your viscera".
Canopy Unto Dawn can be interpreted in the same way as a egyptian vessel where the pharaoph's (Lord of Dawn in our case) organs (his underlings) were preserved, or as a canopy (protection) from Dawn (the apocalypse). Either way works fine for a suit of armor.
I think they all fit rather nicely, no?

Vaati, is that you?

>Its the passage through which you ascend to the morning star.
That doesn't give Gangway any more meaning. You were just defending their names by saying the real life definition fit so well. Well Gangway's real life definition is a small passage on a ship, not that mumbo jumbo about "ascending to the morning star" given in Bondrewd's chuuni description. You're kinda stretching here.

How much of the Bonedad arc can they cover in a one hour episode?

Really rude.
>Well Gangway's real life definition is a small passage on a ship
Its not limited to only that, that's just the nautical meaning of that word, the most broad definition would be just "passage", be it a passage onto a ship, a passage between two rows of benches, an interjection or the main passage inside a mine.

it's going to be a 59 minute recap of episode 4
+ 1 minute of bonezone walking through his lab and finding mitty's light

Was anyone else disappointed when it was Reg and not Riko who used the pick-axe last episode? It would have been fitting for Riko to use her mother's weapon, not to mention it would have made her less useless for once.

Riko doesn't use it for a reason, you'll see next episode

Not really, because Riko is not a combat expert, she can easily land a blow to an object or a distracted foe, but a giant charging snake was out of her league

I'm a filthy speedreader and forgot the reason why she doesn't use the pick-axe

The payoff of her using it at idofront will be better if it ever gets animated.

she tries using it and gets penetrated

Anyone know the mangaka's Twitter handle?

>Not really, because Riko is not a combat expert

No, but she's still the daughter of Lyza the Annihilator. It would have been a moment where she could have stepped into her mother's shoes. Not to mention she seemed to have no problem holding and tossing the pick-axe.

That's not what happens at all
She gets pierced because the umbrella sucks, they lose the pick pages before she gets pierced

What if Reg is actually Torka?

I thought that she was born already tall and with a weird back.

You forgot she's also 12 and has no experience in combat or deep delving whatsoever.

And even before that still couldn't use the pickaxe
It was right next to Tama-chan

Wrong Tama-chan disarm them and throw that pick into the water, such a capable adversary!

Come to daddy.

what if torka is actually srajo?

What if Srajo is just Wakuna

What if Srajo is just a bunch of squirrels on top of each other with a relic that grants powers of levitation?

who is supposed to voice bunny anyway

At any rate, it was in Riko's hand and she didn't do shit with it

tukushiA

His name is spelled wrong. I had to look it up in hiragana.

How would child Ozen have acted?

fuggin speed-delvers

Kek. Imagine trying so hard, like that oldfag larper.

Daily reminder that Prushka's Papa did nothing wrong.

Also tukushimasu is his vidya twitter.

It's actually funny how people can pull stuff like that out of their ass and actually think it is true.

This guy is drawing an unhealthy amount of Torkas

Just realized the 3 big emotional moments from this season are Nat's farewell, Maruruk's farewell and in the future, Mitty's farewell.

What is Srajo is Riko from the future?

So there's Sigil at the bottom of the Abyss? It kind of... makes sense.

>they loop scenes multiple times in a row

I thought she only had the gray patch because of OLD AGE and the stress of being exposed to so much of the curse.

yeah but then we wouldn't know it was Ozen