Evangelion rebuild movies are now 10 years old

Evangelion rebuild movies are now 10 years old.

It took 3 years to crank out the original series and 2 films.

Dont worry, I already sent him 3 more death threats earlier this morning.

Probably because there was a legitimate profit/investment motive with the original series. Rebuilds are literally just because Anno feels like it.

happy birthday

Do you think we'll ever find out who Mari really is?

Anno feels like doing the Rebuilds so much he said he'd never make another movie again after 3.0 was done just because he was so sick of making Eva.

>making a new anime is an investment opportunity
>rehashing it is just an author's whim
Do you realize just how incredibly stupid that sounds?

Why doesn't Anno just make a SOL Eva already?

Because unlike most of Sup Forums anno is not a degenerate pile of trash that watches or likes SOL garbage.

We already did, she's pure shit

I tried rewatching 1.0 about a month ago and couldn't even make it 30 minutes. I had watched all three rebuilds a long time ago and didn't think they were THAT bad, but after reading the manga and rewatching Neon Genesis + EoE for like the 3rd time I'm watching the rebuild and wondering "who tf let this happen"

The only good thing about the rebuilds were the different types of Angels. They seriously blew it when they made these, and don't even get me started on how badly they ruined Rei as a character..I was actually offended

Stop making these threads every day.

Yea we need to make room for more unironic dragonball super or naruto threads my man.

>The only good thing about the rebuilds were the different types of Angels.
I don't know how this happens, but the redesigns of old Angels are pretty great, and then the Rebuild originals are trash. Even when they're so changed they're basically a new one, like Zeruel.

Yeah, most of the new original angels wre shit like clock-kun and snakey skeleton-faggot.
Id say the only thing they got right with changing was the small changes like the sea being red and tokyo-3 being an actual city.

Shut the fuck up

>Probably because there was a legitimate profit/investment motive with the original series. Rebuilds are literally just because Anno feels like it.
Or more likely, because he owns the Rebuild IP and as such doesn't have to share the money with anyone else. So by making Evangelion merchandise and put "rebuild" on the box, Anno can avoid paying royalties to anyone else.

(It was mentioned that the original Evangelion TV rights were scattered between many companies, so lost of merchandise money get handed out to other people)

Holy hell. Already?

Yo, I just finished watching the original series and movie for the first time, loved it - is it worth reading the manga, too? Is there enough 'extra' stuff in there that's not in the series, I mean.

>He hasn't watched The Archives of Evangelion

Someone justify the development of 4.0

>mfw 3.0+1.0 will never be released

Thank god, it can only disappoint

only the 1st one was decent

it has passed more time since the first rebuild movie than the time from the end of eva to the first rebuild movie.

sasuga ano

>rebuild 1 comes out
>"the whole quatrology will be finished in a few years
>10 years later
>no release date on final entry

But the first 30 minutes of 1.0 is exactly the same as the TV series, aside from minor differences like the sea being red of course.

After the dumpster fire of 3.0? I feel the opposite, the only direction the movie series has to go from here is upward.

Whats The Master up to now anyways? He abandoned everything to do Shin Gojira, but its been a while since that. What now?

Probably sitting in an armchair, holding a wine glass and staring at it pensively.

Didn't they literally already do that? Petit Eva.

She was one of Yui's colleagues in college. Also she loved her.

Apparently he's finally resumed work on 3.0+1.0

Reminder 2.0 is the worst anime ever made

>all these gundamfags

Anno is a gundamfag.

Not him but I like both. Prefer EVA though

Keep up the good work.

There are multiple spinoffs of this and they all suck.

>Someone justify the development of 4.0
Because it could end like this:

>FAR return, mad as hell
>Bring an army of (new and old) Angels with them
>Gendo reveals that he's been working on more than one project for the last 14 years
>He's been making it possible for an adult to pilot an Eva
>Not just any Eva
>A Super Eva

>Shattered remains of Tokyo-3 split open
>A city-sized rocket lofts Gendo and his instrument of war to engage in a hopeless fight for the fate of the Earth amongst the stars
>WILLE deploy their own space-equipped Evas, including a reluctantly rebuilt Unit 01
>As the fight rages, the sheer hopeless scale of the endeavour is clear

>[View shifts beyond the battle, back towards Earth]
>[Image ripples and color saturation fades]
>Two somewhat familiar points of light, spiralling together towards the planet become visible
>A beam of light suddenly freezes them in place
>"NORIKO TAKAYA, KAZUMI AMANO, YOUR ATTENDANCE IS REQUESTED"
>Cycle through similar scenes with various protagonists of other Gainax shows

>A blinding flash of light suddenly disrupts the quickly deteriorating battle taking place above Earth
>A mysterious, enormous white craft screams towards the fight, lasers annihilating the closest Angels before it slows and its nature becomes apparent
>It's the DAICON
>Out of its vast launch bays emerges numerous Buster Machines, The New Nautilus, The Gratan, The Gurren Lagann, Canti, a mysterious woman on an Italian scooter along with the craft of every other character who's ever stood up to save the Earth in a Gainax show

>As the ensemble forms up to save the planet yet again, the triumphant score gives way to the brief scream of a TIE fighter as the strains of 80s synthesisers rise and an electronically distorted voice proclaims:
>"JUST ON THE BORDER, OF YOUR WAKING MIND"

That's no excuse.
Creating the same thread over and over again is just as bad.

doing God's work user

Will there be any scenes of Gendo punching Angels to death?

holy shit gendo is fucking huge

Gotta eat big if you want to fight Angels.

COMEON, LET'S GET BIG

No, Gendo will however rip the core out of his Super Eva to use as a weapon, exposing his unbearably sexy chest in the process.

Shut up, baby. He knows.

these are hilarious

Only problem with this is Haruko couldn't give a shit about saving the Earth.

thoughts?

Full Swing.

>There are Anons whose first experience with EVA was the Rebuilds that can legally post here

>not Idris Elba
Fucking Dropped

It's not like it would be a shining beacon of how to adapt anime to western cinema if they'd cast someone appropriate. If anything, it will be less painful than something that has genuine potential sprinkled amongst the dross.

That shit ain't funny.

The Shinji Ikari raising project is pretty good.
Good to hear. I just want to be done with this already.

Fake news

Why are they making a live action EVA? It literally is about the medium/mecha.

It's from The Shinji Ikari raising project I think.

Believe me, I remember. She gave Naota the means to swing the bat and told him to go for it, but she clearly didn't give a shit if he actually succeeded or not. Hell, she didn't even give a shit that the thing was practically about to land right on her head. She had other ways to get what she wanted. Naota was just the most convenient at the time.

Did we watch the same episode? She returned to help him when he actually needed it, rather than when he thought he did.

>Mainly I'm talking about family stuff here, formative

Right, because now that she could actually repel the satellite (with Naota's help), it became the easiest option to fulfill her ultimate goal. Everything Haruko does in the series is fundamentally selfish. She's not one of the good guys and she doesn't care about Earth.

This is her face when she realizes Naota actually swung the bat. She was fully prepared for Mabase to be obliterated (presumably she expected to survive).

Her actual motives seem open to interpretation. They're certainly not explicitly stated (beyond her feelings for Atomsk).

Fake and gay.

Shinji or Kaworu?

>The Shinji Ikari raising project is pretty good.
It's awful and still the fourth best Eva manga. The secret of the spinoffs is that you are being shown the highlights and they're always funnier out of context.

On the contrary, i think the original is the one Anno wanted to make and did despite all the odds and lack of budget, and the rebuilds are just "eh, whatever, lets get some money".

After the rebuilds, what's next for EVA? Another remake this time of the series? Or will it just be used for marketing and advertising like star wars after the prequels.

A documentary series on each Angel.

rebuild rebuilds

1.0 is the same as the TV series. What the fuck are you on about?

In fact it's perfect how much it fits in movie format. Stopping at angel 6 was the best thing they could have done. They dropped the ball with the diebuster shit in the end of 2.22 and the minimalist 3.0

Hopefully it will be over and I can move onto a new mechdrama to obsess over.

I'd cast her as Misato for a comedic all black Eva movie

>Hopefully it will be over and I can move onto a new mechdrama to obsess over.
You know full well that you will keep obsessing over NGE even 20 more years in the future, even without no new releases.

Watch FLCLimax again. Her motive is extremely clear. Immediately after Haruko feeds Naota to the Terminal Core so it can move the giant hand, Amarao pleads with her to stop, saying she is doing exactly what Medical Mechanica wants, and that MM is wiping out planets all over the galaxy. She says she doesn't give a shit and just wants Atomsk. She even explicitly says she doesn't care about Earth.

Then, after Naota has acquired Atomsk's power, she states more specifically that what she wants isn't Atosmk exactly, it's only his power. She says she is going to "absorb" him.

As for her feelings for Atomsk, the only line of dialogue in the series that suggests this is even a thing comes from Amarao, who is proven to be very incompetent, and what little intel he has on Haruko and Atomsk is generally wrong. Amarao even goes as far as to admit that most of his intel is basically just rumors (this is also in FLCLimax). Amarao knows just enough facts to make the audience think he's smart and on top of things when he appears in Full Swing, but it becomes clear that he's mostly full of bullshit. Plus he's butthurt about how Haruko treated him when he was a kid.

Anno doesn't want to make Eva and he doesn't want anyone else to make it while he controls it. He'll reap merch for a few years after 3+1=|| and sell it to NHK to make personal movies.

Two words: Angel Musume

Ramiel already exists and she is the best. Take your sluts out of here.

Obviously, Ramiel wins Shinji's heart in the final episode, that goes without saying.

>The scene where Arael goes full /u/ on asuka.
Fund it

What the fuck are they going to do for 4.0? All they did with 3.0 was write themselves into a corner.

>Implying 'Mr Smith' won't keep them in line

KUSSOOO ANNO

For hating not only the Rebuilds, but Eva in general, so much you guys sure like to talk about it a lot.

I think you know the answer.

3.0's flaws aside, what makes you say they're in a corner?

ASSKA FAGS BTFO

I just hope we get to see Toji and Rei II.

They've introduced an entirely new setting, with a brand new set of characters and they still haven't done anything with Mari. They also have to work in the "Rei becomes a god" plot in somewhere so Rei appearing at the start of 1.0 makes sense. They have to do all this in under 2-3 hours.

Saying they've written themselves into a corner was probably the wrong phrase, I should've said something like "They've fucked themselves over with the amount of things they introduced in 3.0"

There is no real Live Action Eva in the makings, but it think some script pitched around 2010 merged Rei and Asuka into a single character.
Dont ask me how.

>it's a "writer of an adaptation can't just adapt the source material" episode

>merged Rei and Asuka into a single character.
???

SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Wait what?

>merged Rei and Asuka into a single character

Please tell me it was a two-headed Cronenbergesque monstrosity.

Rei should be easy enough to bullshit their way through. Just get Unit-01 out of the Wunder and do something or other with it. I also don't think it really matters if they do anything with Mari because she's so irrelevant to almost every event happening on-screen. Unless she's been hiding a master plan all this time.

It's also entirely possible that 3.0+1.0 will be a complete non sequitur that doesn't explain anything. I'm interested to see it either way.

I don't think pulling more shit out of their arse about what the Eva can do would really help desu. Although I promise to completely forgive Anno for the rebuilds if he gives Mari a horrible drawn out death in 3.0 + 1.0