AT&T INTRODUCES INTERNET FAST LANES

dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/23/1744321/-Say-goodnight-to-net-neutrality-as-AT-T-just-rolled-out-internet-fast-lanes

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/02/22/the-fccs-net-neutrality-rules-will-die-on-april-23-heres-what-happens-now/?utm_term=.664c844daa6d

I'M SORRY I FELL FOR HIS SHIT AGAIN!!!

then switch to a different company if you don't like their practices

this

GOOGLE BTFO

NETFLIX BTFO

FACEBOOK BTFO

AMAZON BTFO

REDDIT BTFO

Nooooo muh Vidya and heebflix. This is just like Rick and Morty episode numbers 39. Drumpf!!!!

Good. There are many uses of the internet like virtual colleges and even virtual medical procedures that are more important than and shouldn't be in the same lane as everyone netflix watching twitter baby

the amount of fucking shills in this place is astronomical. take notice.

Fuck you.

Who the fuck would want a faster Internet? Fuck you Trump niggers.

Sup Forums has always been pro-free market

you're the shills

>companies will pay to have their data sponsored, which means it doesn't count against customer data caps

AT&T makes more money
Customers effectively get more bandwidth under the same data cap for the same price
How is the bad for the consumer?

Not everyone has 100 ISPs to choose from, you retarded ignorant fuck.
Keep choking on Capitalist Jew cock though, you'll go places.

Neat, it'll be interesting to see how the market responds to this, whether consumers will embrace or oppose it.

If it matters enough to you to demand massive government oversight, then it matters enough for you to try switching carriers or switching to mobile internet instead.

>dailykos
kys

doesn't talkum write there?

t.reddit

So people aren't reading how this will work?

Right now it works like this.
You have a bandwidth cap, everything you do on the internet counts towards it.

After this proposed change.
You have a bandwidth cap.
If a company does not pay AT&T, that companies content counts towards the bandwidth cap.
If the company does pay, that companies content does not count towards the bandwidth cap.

Basically, nothing changes except you maybe get more bandwidth with certain services.
If for example Netflix paid AT&T, then you get unlimited bandwidth while watching anything on Netflix. If they don't then you simply get the same bandwidth cap you've got now.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Retarded. This has been around for more than a year, affecting AT&T owned companies.
Says nothing about prices anyways.

oppose, and will cause a blue wave in the midterms

They're paying their fair share, and that's a good thing.

>Right now it works like this.
>You have a bandwidth cap, everything you do on the internet counts towards it.
I have no data cap and I'm a rural retard.

You probably do, you're just unaware of what it is.

Pretty much everyone on the planet has some kind of bandwidth cap in place.

Im in agreement, the only thing that pisses me off is that i cant transfer data from my house to a friends network without incrementing my bandwidth.
NN fucked me because the “cap” was unenforced until shortly after. I would have loved to have these fast lanes without bandwidth caps.

it must be very high. My wife streamed Big Brother live streams 24/7 all last summer.

Doesn't t-mobile already do this with video stream?
>why is reddit so gullible?

Can't switch to something that LITERALLY DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND HOLY FUCK

REMINDER:

the internet existed from 1990 to 2010 JUST FINE without Obama's Net neutrality

really makes me think..

Wrong, google it.

>If it matters enough to you to demand massive government oversight, then it matters enough for you to bla bla bla

What? Says who? Why should I go through the hassle of having to look for another ISP when all I want is for my Internet to be left the fuck alone?
Why are you people so painfully docile and compliant, holy shit?
Literal boiling frogs.

Normally data caps are stupidly high. I forget the exact ratio, but something like 5% of people are responsible for 95% of all bandwidth usage.
Data caps exist to stop these people from torrenting 24/7 and unless you also torrent 24/7 it's rare you'll hit the cap.

How about show your claim instead of making someone seek it out.

>Can't switch to something that LITERALLY DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND HOLY FUCK
sounds like a perfect opportunity for some like minded communists to pool their resources and start a new ISP service. Several have popped in my area the last three years.

>first class will be the end of air travel!

POO IN AJIT

>Wrong, google it.
wrong. Internet was here before the first SVGA monitor was sold.

>offering free bandwidth for their own services
this isn't "fast lanes"

>at&t
They have been pulling that shit even during NN

Then they do it too, and then...?

>a shitty north korean intranet that you pay for and they call an internet
much like netflix. nobody owns inventory in the sharing economy. theyre not real or traditional companies or ideas. same thing here. we told you this would be like a "package" bundle deal where you pay for RNC horse shit. we told you. piece meal from every website. HBO site? $12.99 and medium speed. and so forth and so on

>something that LITERALLY DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST
There's substantial mobile provider coverage across the United States. Well over 90% of the continental US has access to 3 or more mobile providers offering speeds of at least 10 Mb/s

Why should I be forced to accept broad, overreaching, taxpayer-funded government regulation of the internet just because a bunch of fearmongering liberals convinced you the internet will suddenly cease to exist without it?

So the consumer gets more free data? I don't see what is wrong here.

...i fucking lived it, dude.

There was NEVER (NOT FUCKING ONCE) a time in my life where my use of a computer connected to the internet was withheld by a service provider in terms of access, speed, or availability.

Same goes for you if you live in the US.

I like this. Why are people complaining about it?

Who do you think netflix is goung to pass this cost on to? Or hulu or ect..

You. You dumb moron

>Dailykos

lol

How does this work if my service is sold as "unlimited"? I was running a nginx video proxy server and used about 4TB in a month and no one said shit.

Nobody convinced me of anything. It's clear that the goal here is to milk more cash out of customers. Why are you OK with that?

This, the comments on that article are very low iq. Weve gotten to the point that people think when something good actually happens its bad. Its really like the twilight zone

I have Verizon fios for a good price
I hope these fast lanes fuck Google

So at and t will no longer have a shitty service? I hate at and t, slow as shit!

That's the shilliest thing I've read all day

How can you call this a bad thing? AT&T's going to have data caps either way so if a few web sites are willing to pay AT&T to ignore their traffic for the purposes of data caps, that's fine with me.

Since I have a job now and can pay for things I'm going to budget in better internet speed. Comfy.

So if Netflix agrees to give AT&T a cut of their revenue a person could stream from their mobile device without burning through their mobile data plan. I could live with that.

I'm sorry Sup Forums I just wanted to bait leftydiscord into getting BTFO, but even they realized their sad attempt at a state governed internet is over

Meh, cell phone internet kikery has been around forever, anyone remember ridiculous text messaging costs?

Call me when they start applying egregious data caps to normal internet and squeezing fast lane kikery onto that.

>paying for netflix
>using netflix
Fuck them.

It's literally just a google away yet your IQ is so low you won't even allow yourself to not be wrong for once in your life.

ohohohhoho no.
the dems are done for.
this will have no noticable effect on anyone other than big companies.
checkem.

also sage

where does it say in the article that att officially says they are doing fast lanes retard.

Isn't cable covered by FCC? People don't seem to mind paying for bundle of certain channels.

Why not just link it? We're not doing work to prove your point.

Badass, I'll be the first to sign up.

See you slowpokes later.

meant for

This kills the internet

Reminder if you bitch about the amount of ISP's there are
just fucking start your own company and practice what you want
but you want because you would rather collect neet buxs and jerk off all day

>rules havent even died yet
>brown and shit covered pumpkin boosters ask why nothing's happened yet

Are you aware this is how every single business works? Everything is ultimately passed to the consumer because that's where the money comes from in the first place, you dunce.

that's why you pay three times more per capita for healthcare and die three years sooner but is also why everybody else has oil but higher gas prices than you. lower corporate rates are shit. tax cuts in general are shit. the entire system is a ponzi scheme funded by Twatter and various kike bags

samefag

at&t already does this with their mobile plans if you have DirecTV. this isn't even anything new.

>b-b-ut m-my forced internet packages, they'll charge me extra for reddit!

Because nobody's forcing me to continue subscribing to their service. I live in a town of 30K and I have access to a cable internet provider, two DSL providers, a satellite provider, and three mobile providers. The "myth" that the left has pushed of the proverbial one horse town that only has one option for internet is just that, a myth. The FCC's own survey data shows that there isn't a single county in the US that doesn't have at least *one* alternative. Not necessarily the same speed, not necessarily the same price, but an alternative all the same. If I don't like the service that one offers, I can leave them and go to someone else. And on the off chance that providers decide to try and violate federal anti-trust laws by conspiring to all price fix and restrict services, then I am prepared to go without.

You, as a consumer, have the power to vote with your wallet - and tell providers what you are and aren't willing to pay for. If maintaining neutral treatment of network data isn't important enough to you to be willing to go through the inconvenience of finding a different provider or even going without, then it's certainly not important enough to grant the government the biggest expansion in federal regulatory power and oversight since the Patriot Act.

>trillions of web pages and sites
>maybe 100 telecom or cable packages or channels available
kys. rabbi pardoning brown person loving hypocrite. build those natural barriers. needs more adultery. HI APU! APOO PAKIJIT

You dont change people's minds by saying to Google something...

Show me. I have no idea what you even want me to look up

>Pretty much everyone on the planet has some kind of bandwidth cap in place
Sucks to live in the third world

this

Neutralityfags can getttt fucked

I live in the country. I have 10mb/sec DSL through the phone company. I could pay more and go to 25mb/sec. I could also get HugesNet or a 4g thingy. I could also move to town and get anyone of those, or SuddenLink, or Cox Cable. If you can't make these decisions for yourself, you probably also need someone to wipe your ass.

HAHA eat shit poor fag i hope they throw you liberal scum off the Internet.

>stat a comampny goy dis iis esy just grb a millon dollas

It's also mobile affected anyway. Does AT&T even do residential anymore? I know they have business circuits.

You get throttled after the cap you're likely not hitting.

He says with an ANCAP flag. The fucking delusion you've got son.

also
>itt fcc shills and cia niggers trying to pull psyops

yes (((att))) does residential so does (((verizon))) they both ripped off the public, so when we slapped on nn it fucked them hard with regulations, but the cia niggers and fcc shills dont believe this they get paid to say nn is bad.

>companies now have to pay isps to stream data to consumers
>that data will no longer count towards data cap
So the companies are taking the hit instead of us? and people are actually mad about this?

yes good goy, let the isps have full fledged freedom they can throttle us if they feel like we are using to much data, and they can charge companies that arent isps to follow their regulations. It will be good for you

but it's orwellian and expensive. fuck your values. and get this! free speech movement is leftist and from the 60s at berkeley. what else did you fuck up? keynes was a racist. ayn rand took social security. milton friedjews invented basic welfare in order to have you pay tax for fuck all except to go to your kike overlords. all money is nothing but an interest payment. youre in a market of "invisible" hands and fucking worthless interest payments. fiat derivative system of degeneracy. youre hooked on public debt now too. good luck! nice stock market performance lately by the way. in 2008 too. in 1929 too. you have no self respect. youre tools and pawns and liars. number one indicator of success is that of your same sex parent

Everyone knew this was necessary, at least slef driving cars cannot be stopped for neutralized snapchat packets

nice nihilistic values fag

Net neutrality isn't title II. I work for a phone company, one that had stayed out of this fight because they win either way. The real issue was fighting over streaming being 2/3rds of the internet and who will pay to upgrade rural areas.

theyre true though. people are so fat and shit that when they chirp their buzzfeed may mays i intentionally do the opposite. has worked out beautifully and i masturbate to this patrician behavior

Title II wasn't preventing that. It just makes you pay for netflix whether you buy it or not.

>make up 36% of all internet traffic
>expect isps to upgrade and maintain your infrastructure for free
This all playing out exactly like all the rational people thought. ISPS getting these mega data hogs to pay the fuck up.

Just like all of us from countries with no net neutrality predicted... things are going to get cheaper

And idiots will whine that it is not socialized

>without it counting against their plan data
dumb phone posters

>all data is free

Nigger just buy a phone with an unlimited data plan and use it as a wireless hotspot. You'll save money and still be able to shitpost on Sup Forums. Obviously the isps are going to try and make more money in the new space that's been opened up, just don't pay for it and it'll go away.

>A BOO HOO I WANT BE ABLE TO BAN CONSERVATIVES FROM REDDIT
Eat shit

>Wanting corporate controlled media and content
>Oh no conservative news and Sup Forums cost 10x more please use CTR to receive one free mb per article read
>Switch if you want but we know there are no other plans in your area since you're a country retard and not a superior city liberal

it never goes away. probably you could also be charged. or red flagged. citizens united and so forth and so on

Not totally I am a natsoc and I can tell you libertarian faggots need to die.