ITT: plot points that went literally nowhere

ITT: plot points that went literally nowhere.

she sure was nice to look at though.

can't even remember her name at this point

Didn't that arc actually go somewhere in Japan?

Nope. It got scrapped completely.

Maybe something happened in a video game though, I dunno.

The GS ball.

I feel like Ive seen it before but cant put my finger on it.

Literally all of the anime goes nowhere.

He did show up later on.

What do you mean it went nowhere? It spooked the fuck out of any kid among the audience, that is going somewhere.

This was to show that he's not a tomato

>"I want to be Queen"
7 episodes later
>"Lets do some laundry!"

Wrong

When I was a teenage, I always wondered what that digimon was about or how powerful it was. OP's picture was from a filler episode, if I recall correctly the dimension in which it showed up was something created out of the evil in people's hearts or something.

Remember Yu Gi Oh 5Ds?

IIRC a requirement for getting a 2nd season was that there had to be an explanation of the mystery. However the creators hadn't actually thought of one when they started the series, they just added elements they thought would be cool for an anthology style show. So a lot goes unanswered and unexplained because there never actually was a solution, and they were just trying to please the network.

>literally

He returns back years later to mind control another girl, only for this girl to kick his ass back.

It went nowhere because it went nowhere.

Pretty much anything from Charlotte.

In another series and as a different individual dragomon.

What pissed me off most about that season was how best boy ended up with worst girl.

Pic related from Baccano's first episode.
Gurren Lagann's first scene.

The GS ball in pokemon. At best it was the excuse to have Ash and co visit Johto.

He was supposed to be the big bad for an arc, but the whole arc got dropped. The funny part is that one of the characters says that they bet that isn't the last they will see of it, which made it the last time they saw it. Even the narration alluded to who the mysterious creature is and to find out in time.

I wonder why it was dropped. You don't write episodes like that just for the hell of it.

>I wonder why it was dropped
Behind the scenes, Digimon 02 was a gigantic shitshow

What was this about, anyway? My memory of the episode is vague, but I remember a thread here claiming it had to do with incest or something.

Writer for that episode was the same writer for Lain, techonolyze and digimon tamers, he also wrote tons of cuthulu mithos on the side, 02 was a shit show and his arc probably got dropped due to production issues, but in the end, they gave him a whole season to do what ever he wanted with tamers

Cuthulomon and his merry fish worshiping townsfolk of insmuth want to bang and sacrifice hikari for unknow reasons

They could bring that plot point back for Tri since it's Hikari centered.

The writer's name is Chiaki J. Konaka. It's a shame that his arc for 02 got tossed away, it would have probably been worlds better than the shitheap we got after the Kaiser arc ended.

I will never not be salty about Vamdemon coming back. It was completely random and out of place. The FV should have been Daemon, but he got scrapped as well.

He was brought back for the first movie, no?

Also this entire "IM@S killer" never went anywhere.

Eureka 7: AO

Yeah it felt like after the first season they completely changed the planned plot of Gurren Lagann

It's to show the legend of the maiden is a real one and it will come to happen.

That scene is in the LN, the anime didn't get far enough.
Adaptions really shouldn't be counted in this thread because there are tons of them that just end on "To be continued... Not! Read the source." kind of ending that don't conclude anything.

Not exactly a plot point but I remember this faggot being introduced separately from the main cast and being drawn away from the group in promotional images implying there was some mystery surrounding him, but by the end of the show he literally did nothing, was given no backstory, and formed no relationship with any other character. IIRC in the in-universe love triangle diagram the scientists made they put him to the side not connected to anyone with a question mark beside his picture as if to say "Why the fuck did we include him in this experiment again?"

That's Okada for you.
Also, the mobile armor arc from IBO also went nowhere.
Like literally nowhere.

>He was brought back for the first movie, no?
No. There was a Dragonite in the first movie delivering mail but it was normal Dragonite size.

Final arc of YYH

In Negima, Sayo's past and her connection with the dean was never explained, IIRC.

Gantz's Vampires

OKADAAAA

I am so mad. That shit had me hyped for some fuckery.

It went from nowhere and ended nowhere, what can you expect?
That ep was pretty good tho, interesting dimension

This episode was in because the writer was a huge Lovecraft fan. If I recall, they also wrote the japanese adaptation of Shadow Over Innsmouth.

Origin of the GN drive from S1 of 00 Gundam

Fucking Claymore

This

It was a tie in to the videogames. Unlike most anime the pokemon anime exists to advertise videogames, not manga.

What do you mean? They explained it fine.

>Introduced to replace Yayaka
>Does nothing, gets abducted by the crazy scientist, and hangs out with him
I don't know what the fuck her purpose was, but as the other user said, she was easy on the eyes.

YAMERO

What with Totem Dragonite? Why not show the GS Ball?

There it is

It was supposed to be important and have Celebi, but then movie 4 happened

>that one friend who insisted that wasn't a dragonite

>We will never have a Calamity War anime with the Gundam Astaroth animated
Why even live

This was funny

It was like they wanted to figure out a way to tie in Kei's brother but they realized it would take too much effort to properly explain

>follow them through Gantz with plans to sabotage them
>can't do anything but follow them on missions
>go on 2 missions
>after they're free "nah I don't feel like killing them anymore"

But why were they enemies in the first place?!?!?!

that scene where aeru had green and red eyes

Did you skip Disappearance or are you just an idiot? Wait, those are the same thing.