Which one would you have chosen?

Which one would you have chosen?

The only time water starter hasn't been best is latest gen.

You know who.

Bulbasaur all day every day. Plus that's who I picked in Red.

Just want to discuss a classic first episode with people who don't usually discuss it.

>one turns into a dragon
>the others don't
>years have passed, yet somehow this is still a question

Bitches, bitches all of you.
>inb4 not a dragon type
It might sound funny in your head, but it's not, you know what I mean.

Well brock was the first gym so I'd go with Squirtle
get things off to a good start

Bulbasaur murdered the first two gyms, and by the time you were done with them you didn't need the starter crutch anymore. I don't know why everyone didn't take bulbasaur.

You could defeat Charizard with a goddamn super soaker, that's not very cool.

Why pick just one? I get all three.

Between Red and FireRed, I have been asked this question around 30 times and not once have I chosen anything but Charizard.

Charmander > you're favorite pokemon

Back then I didn't have easy access to the internet, there was no datamining, no wikis, no Sup Forums with spoilers everywhere. I didn't know what they evolved into, or what the first gym types were or any of that shit. So I went purely on what I saw in the game. A turtle, a round headed lizard or a MOTHERFUCKING DINOSAUR.

Froakie

This, but my intro was second gen, so I took the alligator

Fuck off back to your shitty containment board already:

Wait a second, if we aren't talking about kanto starters only, the best one is obviously pic related

When did the new pokemons design became such an eyesore?

The day you became old

Squirtle, I always choose based on how cute the sprite is and it was cuter than the other two.

None, Red was right in choosing his starter pokemon

Charmander because Charizard is the best.

Mudkip and Swampert are pretty great, too bad that Sceptile and Blaziken are ugly as fuck.

Ralts

Third Gen. Some good ones but that was the beginning of the end.
This

Always go water.

Charmander because Moltres is garbage

HE FOUND A SHINY RALTS!!!!

The Charmander was so ugly in comparison. Still, Charmander all the fucking way.

I'd have chosen Charmander when I was younger but now I choose Bulbasaur.

Same.

Squirtle because Blastoise beats both Charizard and Venusaur.

Contrary Snivy

Blastoise is literally the worst gen-1 competitively

But the 3rd gen has the highest ratio of nice pokemon designs of all regions.

Squirtle and his digievolutions have some of the most useful applications due to being able to create water, so that. Not that being able to fly and torch down forests as well as tentacle rape everything isn't cool though

Bulbasaur had the best personality out of Ash's starters, he was the kind of guy you'd want in a battle.

If you could get a non-legendary pokemon which one would you get?
Malamar for obvious reasons

lopunny

Gardevoir.

Mew.

tfw I couldn't even understand a single word of english back then. I had my brother explain to me what "save" meant. I was playing from new game every day. Got a little further everytime I tried.

Didn't you have TV?

>for obvious reasons

Torchic (Female) you can't just let people choose because then they'll go after the ones they want to fuck

*hypnotizes you and your waifu*
pssh nothing personell

Alakazam so I can use its implausible IQ to solve all the world's problems and become rich.

Thet were all empty.

Blastoise is terrible in competitive play and has only gotten worse with each generation compared to the other two. While Zard was a shitter in 3rd gen onwards, he admittedly got two megas that are each objectively better than the other two picks, each of which can handily defeat the others. If we're talking 6th gen onward, Charizard is the only real pick. Best of both worlds: put chlorophyll Venasaur on your Zard Y sun team.

Because Nidorans were available to be caught in the first new town you go to and they learned double kick at level 8. And past the first gym there was no shortage of grass types.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Hypnosis Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn Away From The Guy Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Gardevoir

Easiest answer in history.

Metagross. Nigga is cool as fuck and functions like a living hoverboard.

Gallade. He's my favorite.

If you had the choice, which pokemon would you fuck?

None because that's bestiality and that's wrong.

Misdreavus.
All of them.

How about which pokemon(human) would I fuck?

the squirtle line and water starters in general are the easiest to beat the game with though
>that OP Surf

This. Venusaur was the second best grass type. Meanwhile, Blastoise was subpar as a water type and Charizard was just bad.

>competitive

I hope none of you actually care about competitive pokemon.

shiny eevee w/everstone

A pokemons main use is to be competitive. Why wouldn't you care? That's like trying to ask why you should care about how strong your Digimon is when they are literally made to compete

Bulbasaur isn't a dinosaur but a toad.

>bulbaSAUR isn't a dinoSAUR

The english names are wrong. Beedrill is a wasp with spears.

They only learn that at level 12 and in Yellow, where you have no choice for your starter you colossal faggot.

Because literally any pokemon can steamroll the game if you train it up. I couldn't give a two dollar blumpkin about Pokemon's MP.

My nostalgia says Gen V.

One shortstack masqueradefu to go, please.

Just so we're clear here, it's not just about playing the best polkamans that smogon discusses. Beating your friend's line up into the ground with an objectively better team without question is the goal. Don't settle for simply beating the game when the game is designed to challenge children.

>Charizard
Are you five?

31IV Adamant Tyranitar. I would never fuck a Pokemon but having that motherfucker guarantees I'll be winning tournaments and fucking bitches.

My fucking nigga.
Mudbro was beat bro, he had only one weakness and none of the gym leaders or elite four covered it.

user, the fighting boys are back in action. OU has several competitive fighting type megas that are widely used. Talonflame is garbo bird now and cannot stop them. Are you sure you're ready for this?

If we're assuming Legendaries, Zapdos can tank Lopunny and Fighting Friends for days. Medicham would be the only issue, but with a speed tier that mediocre I'm sure I can grab something to revenge kill it with.

If anything, I'm more afraid of Dugtrio.

Not Bulbasaur.

Anyone who watched the anime before they played and had enough of a brain not to get sucked into the charizard hype knew to choose bulbasaur.
>with charmander you can't even get past Brock easily, and then Misty is a pain too
>Bulbasaur carries you through the first 4 or 5 gyms

If my kid were about to enter a world of literal monsters they sure as shit wouldn't get sent to the home of some creepy old dude who'd convince them to entrust their personal safety to another barely tame monster, oh no. They'd get a semi-auto 20ga, an uprated cattle prod and whatever 9mm (they can have something more powerful when they're older) pistol suits their needs best.

Because you don't truly gain mastery over a beast by forming a bond with it, you do it by holding the power to permanently end its wretched existence in your hands.

taurus

Isn't it the Americans bedtime?

Meowth to use Payday all day.

America never sleeps, for freedom must always be protected.

male nidoran

charmander
totodile
treecko

Deal with your domestic terrorism problem before lecturing others on safety, burgerlard.

Ash's mom.

Now that's some grade-A Double-Fine MILF.

Shit taste aside from Treecko

That made the battle with your rival under the bridge pretty traumautizing though

Look at the dub watcher and laugh

How's the rewatchability of the first 3 gens of the anime? With JP audio, ENG subs*

Anyone who picks Charmander is a scrub. Bulbasaur is for tryhards who pick the shittiest one of the three because "Muh Toxic Leech Seed stack!" Squirtle was for the cool kids.

ヒトカゲ

all three of them are dinosaur variants when fully evolved, all of them are cool

There are no wrong answers for Hoenn Starters