Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
anichart.net/Fall-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off already

Why?

>some mod in 2012 said these shitty threads were somehow ok once

wew lad

I had forgotten this existed until I stumbled across it not to long ago. Lo and behold it has an LN that's still being translated. Unfortunately the translation quality (at least for the first three volumes) is questionable at best, they're behind by six books, and the MC is a total twat who's so far in the closet he doesn't even realise it.

What's his name, homodachi? What old series just doesn't hold up to the test of time?

You know, you can probably still have this thread without the template OP.

This level of shitposter speech does not belong on Sup Forums.

1. Define 'template'.
2. Show evidence.
3. Stop being passive-aggressive, mod-chan.

>MC is a total twat
Run-of-the-mill isekai harem level of twat or better?

Well okay let's just go post faggotry in every other thread then.

>Run-of-the-mill isekai harem level of twat
Not him, but what I remember about it, that's about what you're running with.

Almost anything I've watched, homo or otherwise. When you have a broader reference pool and a keener understanding of the medium, it's easier to see the holes. At the same time, I've been able to notice things that I couldn't appreciate 10 or 15 years ago.

I could barely stomach the first dozen Kyo Kara Maou episodes when I watched them however many years ago, I don't think I could sit through even half of that now without tearing it to shreds.

Early 2000s level twat. Screaming at everything, naive and immature, WE CAN SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS WITHOUT VIOLENCE, and n-no homo as soon as a guy touches him. Despite spending valuable time between lousy baseball metaphors and more screaming to describe how perfectly beautiful and amazing said guy is. I don't know. I used to be okay with joke male harems, but nowadays if it doesn't lead anywhere, I won't bother.

Also I don't think I like LNs much. There's no world to be invested in, only characters and situations tailor-made to appeal to fetishes. No map, not even a mention of relative distances between locations or more than a sparing description of the area. ("A tropical island! Fantasy Germany!" gee really helpful). And all the interesting geopolitical tensions are skimmed over for more MC whining about wanting to go home and how he totally loves tits for realsies.

I remember the anime (I only watched the first season though) and he wasn't that bad? Sure, generic and self-insert-ish, but not really a twat, no sir.

I'm ok with that.

LNs are the lowest form of writing, even by otaku standards. They're written that way for a reason, but it's still dumb as fuck. I think one of the only ones I've read that was almost serviceable was Ballad of a Shinigami. Boogiepop might've also been fine, but Boogiepop Phantom might be colouring my remembrance of the novels.

I can see that. There's a lot of shit I wouldn't bother with now if I came across it for the first time. I'm tired of strapping on goggles and reading bad stories for cute boys. If I want fetish appeal loosely connected by a sad excuse for a narrative I'll just read some doujinshi. I still unironically like Gravitation for the comedy though.

I forget most of the anime but in the manga he doesn't really give a flying fuck about the people he becomes king of, despite being given every excuse to back out and go back to his normal life. He gives no fucks about their political relations either, just telling his advisers "don't fight no matter what! Superior Japanese non-aggression folded over 1,000 times!". Like I'd at least expect him to stop running away from the guy trying to teach him the customs and history of the place. But no just bitch and moan and run away screaming from anything even slightly unusual.

You're not wrong, but you better not be shitposting Spice and Wolf or Kino Tabi.

I never read the LNs for those so I don't have an opinion on them.

>ywn be this confident

EZ

>Gravitation

I wish I fucking left this series in my past. I finished rereading the manga a few weeks ago because I was bothered by the fact that I couldn't remember the last few volumes. How did the plot get away from her so badly? How did the editor and fans allow it to become a robot rampage wrecking cities left and right but no one cares, and by the way, let's drop the music completely so we can keep half assedly curing Yuki only to have him back track again.

At least she made some good doujins after that.

Why don't you explain us why these thread are bad?

Homo thread aren't general, we don't have personality or we follow a general series. The only thing we have is a "theme", i.e. discuss BL and female oriented shows in it, that more of often than not would not have a threat at all.

This allow us to discuss pretty much always new stuff and while yes, sometimes the threads get a bit too bitchy and people try to redirect the discussion flow in a way it shouldn't happen, we never become a circle-jerk.

Tell me he tops in the doujins.

>replying seriously
>replying

Save it for Sup Forums.org/feedback

A-anons. I submitted the enquiry on /feedback/, but nothing appears so far?

Nothing is supposed to appear. Alternatively you can try talking to the mods on their channel.

Okay, I thought I did something wrong. I'm too neurotic for IRC though.

>Ryu with his hair down
Noice.

Isn't Aikatsu literally for little girls? I feel conflicted picking this up just because I want to fuck the brown boys.

>Like I'd at least expect him to stop running away from the guy trying to teach him the customs and history of the place. But no just bitch and moan and run away screaming from anything even slightly unusual.
I don't remember him being that annoying in the anime. He was mostly harmless. But hey, it was a comedy, wasn't it? You are not supposed to take it seriously and just enjoy the antics.

Happy late birthday to KenKen, also Idol time?

It's always idol time.

I remember reading her margin notes where about halfway through she was surprised the series went on as long as it did and hadn't planned for anything beyond that point. And from that point on her notes were increasingly apologetic and worried since she was basically winging it until it ended. No idea what the editor was doing though, I can't believe they let it get so far off the rails.

Has she written anything else besides those doujinshi? I remember the sequel to Gravitation had a volume or two come out before it went on a hiatus that would make Togaishi jealous.

Remind me when KOP2 raws are going to be out?

The characters in B-Pro are extremely attractive. How they do it?

>Aikatsu
You mean Pretty Rhythm? Don't jump into it if you're looking for Alec.

Homo, bro-sis incest, trannies, reverse traps, rape - can manga of today compete with Angel Sanctuary in terms of omnipandering ?

>Check pixiv
>He doesn't
Fuck off Japan.

Anyone read Soukyuu no Lorelei?

No date yet.

You sure? Kazuki is top on most fanart I see on twitter.

It's harder in the LN. The comedy scenes take all of two lines for the delivery of the punchline before going back to rambling about baseball or how unlucky MC is for being the king of a powerful nation by chance.

I think a lot of it has to do with untranslatable jokes and references that make up half the comedy in the LN. Translator's notes only do so much when the main recurring joke is an obscure pun on the MC's name in relation to Shibyua and Harajuku wards. Not to mention that if he isn't rambling about baseball he's playing with words and that shit just can't be translated properly in a literal way. Which is of course what the translators did.

>You sure? Kazuki is top on most fanart I see on twitter.
Even in sex? On pixiv I only see fanarts of him bottoming. No idea where to lock on twitter, shit it's a pain to find fanarts.

She did some other manga, like Gamerz Heaven (and doujin to it).

>You mean Pretty Rhythm?
I thought it was the same franchise. Should I just watch the movies then?

Wasn't Gamerz Heaven put on hiatus/abandoned to though?

>that chapter
This boy deserves better.

Heh. Sounds like Joshiraku all over again.

Was it?

It's OK user, we are making progress! By 2040 the homos will be able to get boyfriends. Maybe.

Never heard of this. Tell us more.

I recommend Ao no Katami if you like war stories. It's pretty good for a BL LN.

Oh fuck off, last year we had YOI and Super Lovers, this summer there's HMH so stop whinning

It was axed. Murakami is god tier as far as doujin goes, but her manga usually fucking sucks. The new doujins are 10/10.

There's also an anime for a pretty good BLVN this autumn, but it's only 5 minute shorts.

Don't forget the greatest love story ever told. In a mainstream show. Sasuga, director-san.

You can watch the first movie just fine since there are flashbacks explaining things. From what I heard KOP 2 may be confusing for those who don't have a background in PR since there are some parallels.
>ywn experience EZ DO DANCE for the first time again

My fucking heart

It's on one of those permanent hiatuses I think.

>The series appears to be on indefinite hiatus, as volume two was released in English on February 5, 2005, and as of May 1, 2010, no further releases have been announced. The official page for the manga has also been removed from ADV's website.
- Wikipedia

She's left that and Gravitation EX unfinished, but she hasn't officially published anything in so long that it's all probably been abandoned. Kind of a shame since I really liked her sense of humour and her art improved a ton between the beginning and end of Gravitation.

Are Ryu and Yumoto marrying their fucboi harems?

>Super lovers

Her drawings in the first Gravitation volume were butt-ugly.

Fuckin MC of Gravitation had the Benjamin Button illness

Agree, looks interesting, but google only gives me Fafner links.

>adv

Isn't that dead, too?

It's about WWII Zero fighters. The other books in the series aren't bad so I've been thinking of picking it up.

蒼穹のローレライ

I read 14 volumes of it as a teen and recall there being a ton of characters and subplots, so I don't think I can pick it up again without rereading. Was the ending decent?

Nothing's better than a doujin with dicks that look like dicks, even behind censor bars.

She hasn't done much else in the way of serial, but those doujins were golden. Nice blend of fetishes and the too rare piss play.
I thought the art got worse, but it was also sloppy. The last few volumes were really just overall bad. You could see that she was long past the point of where it should have ended. This is why I appreciated the doujins even more. I didn't love that Shuichi grew younger in appearance, but her style was good when she took care.

The ending...Well. It was a happy end and I didn't like it

Setsuna does deserve happiness though.

Why is he so cute?

>WWII Zero fighters
Oh wow. Does it have lots and lots of right-wing homo and military dirty shenanigans, in the vein of Yukio Mishima's 'Runaway Horses'? Please say 'yes'...

What's your favorite Yanhomo?

what does it feel like to talk to MOD of Sup Forums?

Yeah. But the way the mangaka did it was BS.

>I could barely stomach the first dozen Kyo Kara Maou episodes when I watched them however many years ago, I don't think I could sit through even half of that now without tearing it to shreds.

Same here. I'm trying to finish the whole show now, but have to take quite long breaks because the early 2000s 'comedy', QUALITY, general bad direction and Yuuri himself are tiresome and tiring.

Yanhomos are always worst boy.

The stories in the 1945 Skies are bittersweet and treat the war issue and how they handle knowing they're going to die pretty seriously,.

Well crap, I best not touch AS again then. I do miss Kaori Yuki's art though, even if it's a bit wonky at times.

Wonder how many years it'll be before the next subbed Patalliro episodes.

So it's all fluffy an uncomplicated, with no grit to it?

My all-time favorite yanhomo is Shiny from N.K. Jemisin's Inheritance Trilogy. God she used to write such good batshit CLAMPy shit.

>tfw read Kaine three times over a decade thinking I'll get over it and it's still my favourite Yuki Kaori story

It's still a worthwhile ride.

>obligatory - "not with that kind of unhealthy attitude towards living!!!!" post

>fluffy
Not sure if I'd call people heading to their deaths and watching their friends die 'fluff'.

Just read the summaries on amazon.

I wouldn't know, user, I completed it in Japanese quite some time ago.

>Not sure if I'd call people heading to their deaths and watching their friends die 'fluff
It can be, depends how it's handled. Look no further than Sora no Woto

>Just read the summaries on amazon.
Don't make me exert myself, user, and just spoonfeed me here and now. I want to know your own impression.

>piss play

Oh no now I have to search through all of them to find it, what terrible fate has user subjected me to?

The age regression from the art is disconcerting but the expressions are so damn good I almost don't care.

The mood of the books are setsunai, not edgy, if that's what you're asking..

>N.K. Jemisin
My fucking brother from another mother. I love the men in her stories. sage for /lit/

>almost 0 homo fanart
>that massive boost after the last 3 episodes

anichart.net/Fall-2017

What are you watching next season?

Juuni Taisen, Infini-T Force, Kino, Dies Irae, Vanishing Line, Mahoutsukai, Ou-sama Game, Saredo Tsumibito, Inuyashiki, TsukiPro, Side M, Kekkai Sensen, 3-gatsu, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Urahara, Hoozuki and Osomatsu-san.

>anichart.net/Fall-2017
no logh, disappointed again.
>osomatsu is still surviving this strong
I think I'll just go read manga that I havent finish

Side M
Kekkai Sensen
Juuni Taisen
Inuyashiki
>from summer season
Fate Apoc

Remix Ma-kun, Ken, Taki.
But enjoy them all anyway.