Sup Forumsack Literature

What do the hermits of Sup Forums think of spengler and this book in particular ?

Also pol literature thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Perspectives-World-History-Decline-West-2/dp/1628450320/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519555584&sr=1-6&keywords=the decline of the west
amazon.com/Fall-Western-Man-Mark-Collett/dp/1542417643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519558268&sr=8-1&keywords=Mark Collett
bol.com/nl/p/the-decline-of-the-west/1001004000931740/?suggestionType=suggestedsearch&bltgh=a6ab827e-bcb9-428c-af9a-812fb4d50b1c.1.3.ProductTitle
archive.org/details/Decline-Of-The-West-Oswald-Spengler
vjmpublishing.nz/?p=6753
people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ynVqPnMQ2sI
b-ok.org/book/1186919/f79772
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11551742/The_Decline_Of_The_West
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump with more lit

last bump

This book is fucking impossible to find.

Anna Karenina is the most relevant classic for today's times

this, it's even worse in Europe it legit costs several hundreds to get a second hand copy of it.
Any one knows how to get it at a reasonable price?

carlyle - sartor resartus

i ching, esp 23, 24, 25

So you can show off on your fancy little racist bookshelf?

If the content really matters to you, the e-book should suffice (which is available everywhere), daft cunt

You can get it off book depository thats where i got mine

It's not your fault.

I bought both volumes on Amazon.

Unabridged?

Read it, its the most redpilling book of all time, and its full of new information that will make you a more cultured person (excepting some things about race, for example, Spengler explains that the race is a consecuence of the soil and that for example european americans will gradually became similar to native americans, and he says that those europeans born in America end up having a mongoloid skull for example)

your entire country is a meme (so is ours but yours is worse)

history is faked

You fucking idiot. "Ride The Tiger" is the last book you should read of Evola. You shouldn't even start with Evola, but with René Guénon

he is right, see pic related

Reactionary writings -
de Maistre - Considerations on the Revolution in France
Filmer - Patriarchia
Faye - Archeofuturism
T.S. Elliot - Selected Prose

If I were to suggest one of those books, choose de Maistre. He will clearly show to you that the problem with the world today stem from 1789, and presents a vision of society based on tradition, order, power.

I believe so. It's this edition, two volumes, about 1100 pages all said.

amazon.com/Perspectives-World-History-Decline-West-2/dp/1628450320/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519555584&sr=1-6&keywords=the decline of the west

lel thanks, I posted the wrong pic as the followup

confirmed saved by dutchbro

I think one should start with "The Crisis of the Modern World" by René Guénon. It's a great introduction into Traditionalism and facilitates the process of understanding Evola.

Of course these books are hard to find, especially in unabridged or "commentated" editions. They are dangerous. Remember that i was Spengler that really gave intellectual impetus to German Fascism.

I have better things to do than read books written by faggots. This shit is literal mental masturbation.

Will I be put on a list for ordering these books? I want to read Jared Taylor and March of the Titans.

You already are for posting on Sup Forums.

how old are you? I used to feel and say exactly the same but now in my 30s I kind of regret not reading more while growing up.

You don't really learn much just living your own life, you go through the same shit as everyone else - formal education, employment, relationships, with some socializing and leisure added in, maybe some entrepreneurship along the way. Overall though you're no wiser or knowledgeable than anyone else, sure you may have a couple different life experiences but nothing revolutionary. You're basically a cookie-cutter man who's no better or worse than the next cookie-cutter man.

The only way to set yourself apart intellectually insofar as wisdom and knowledge go is to read, and read a lot. Not just this stuff but about every subject imaginable, and in as much depth as you can tolerate. Do enough of that and suddenly instead of being the cookie-cutter man who's no different than 95% of the other men around you, you'll have a different perspective on the world, you'll be unique, maybe even superior, relatively speaking - and this is only amplified given the number of people who share your current sentiment of "fuck this shit, its mental masturbation", so they don't, and they remain ignorant and simple.

To be clear, I actually haven't read most of the books ITT but I've read many books on psychology, philosophy, history, economics, etc. Generally I try to read at least one book per week, every single week, and more when possible.

millions post here. Is the list that large?

Yes, CIA has a super computer just for Sup Forums.

kys Paki

>wasting glow-in-the-dark ressources by shitposting on a venezuelian basket weaving forum

Everybody is on a list. Unless you live innawoods with no electronics or anything that makes 'sounds' that can be detected by radars.

>Sup Forums
>Reading

This board is educated purely by memes with impact font and amateur made YouTube videos. And ironically, brainwashed by Hollywood.

bought off book depository - uk company which has free shipping, bought over 10 books in one transaction and received 4-5 different packages, cunts in aus wont send until they have the complete order, waited 2 months from angus robertson for an order that was missing only one book before canceling and looked elsewhere.

I hope they're taking pictures of me through my camera.
I have an exhibition fetish.

Or is it voyeurism?

I dunno, the main takeaway is that I'm about seven-eights to a full mast.
And now you know that too.

Nope, I haven't read it. Looks pretty dense so I might pass on that one until I read something beforehand as sort of an introduction.

Has anyone read Mark Collett's book, The Fall of Western Man? I really like some of the things Mark talks about and thought I might give that one a read.

amazon.com/Fall-Western-Man-Mark-Collett/dp/1542417643/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519558268&sr=8-1&keywords=Mark Collett

>He's not auto-didactic.
Shameful.

HAHAHAHA

Honorary non-leaf for that very articulate post which reflects my own thoughts on the matter.
I'm 33 and although I don't read much literature, I spend a huge amount of time in scientific journals. I feel that raw data is the best armament to redpill the masses.

>abridged edition

lol fag

Started to read it a while ago but my reading schedule is pretty messed up at the moment. His insight into how time was viewed by ancient Romans and Greeks compared to modern times is utterly interesting.

Thanks! I wanted to read something by De Maistre, so this saved me the research. Also flirted with Foucault's Pendulum.

Very nice. I used to read a lot while commuting on the train and in my bathtub which were replaced by a car and a shower. How does your reading ritual look like? Do you have a comfy chair? Do you go near a park? Or can you withstand the modern distractions successfully?

You can buy it for 10 bucks here though...

Buy an ebook reader.

What's a good source for eBooks?

I have heard Tragedy & Hope is a real doozie.

Evola is just washed-down Savitri Devi, get the original works instead.

>savitridevi.org/texts.html

>impossible, he says
bol.com/nl/p/the-decline-of-the-west/1001004000931740/?suggestionType=suggestedsearch&bltgh=a6ab827e-bcb9-428c-af9a-812fb4d50b1c.1.3.ProductTitle

Absolutely recommended read

This. De maistre is a must.

Also Malachi Martin: Windswept House

B-ok.org

Cripto-Muslim detected.

quick rundown?

>gradually became similar to native americans, and he says that those europeans born in America end up having a mongoloid skull for example)
he was absolutely right about this.
The first book is one of the most black pilling experiences I ever had, on par with Crime and punishment.

For fuck sake someone link an epub of it or some shit. It's literally impossible to find a quality edition to read on my BezosBook and I'm not gonna have some fashy book lying around my house.

It was one bing away
>The decline of the west pdf

There's a group reading of this book habbening here: vjmpublishing.nz/?p=6753

>reading non-physical books

Also The Decline of the West is not some fashy book, it's pretty mainstream so you'll be okay.

Don't know if you're Flemish, but if you read Dutch there's a recent first translation out on Boom Filosofie in Amsterdam. Two book hardcover go for about 90 euro. Abridged English editions can be found anywhere.

Mandatory:
people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

Excellent post sir.

Fate of Empires is a must read and it's only 25 pages long

sadly i don't, I'm looking for an unabridged french physical version. I have the book in english as a .pdf, but i hate reading from screens and have other of his books in french so would like to keep it all in the same language

Anyone have any recommendations on a good book critiquing feminism? My uncle sent me this ridiculous book he wants me to read to my niece and little cousins, wants me to turn pass on the torch of rebellion or some bullshit.

Pic related. One of the rebel girls is a 10 year old boy who likes wearing dresses.

You can always take an eBook to a printer and ask him to print and bind it. Presto a physical version for a reasonable price.

>tfw it's my first and I'm reading it right now

From what I understand, Carrol Quigley was a former Ivy League Professor at Georgetown University. He was invited in to view plans of the ultra-elite and he ultimately wrote this book exposing their plans and methods.

It's no bullshit American history from the 18th century to the 1960's.

I mean like this. It has a transparent plastic front and back cover. This is DIN A4 format but you can also choose A5 size for a more pocket sized format.

ty, will look into it

Freemasonchan's /pdfs/ board has a lot of good shit.

Yep, I did it a few times. It isn't that cheap that I would do it any time but it's good enough if a used version is 50+ bucks

I found this lecture which talks about the book and the hidden government.

youtube.com/watch?v=ynVqPnMQ2sI

Why would you only read the new testament?
Go to the top and read the Bible

I found the Spengler book on libgen but it is in german

Culture of critique is really important as it does talk about the JQ influence in the West.

b-ok.org/book/1186919/f79772

Here you are m8

New testament actually talks about how evil the Jews are. Why do you think the Jews dislike Christianity in the first place?

I heard people are reading it.

Very nice video so far

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11551742/The_Decline_Of_The_West

It's so hard to find, guys.

you can literally order the german version for 10 bucks around here

Yeah, it's pretty good overall. Fell off a bit for me at about 35 minutes in. After that, you get the gist of what Edward Griffin (lecturer) is talking about as he goes into details that are within Quigley's books.

>Abridged

Anyone has read this book, Any reviews on it?

I find it quite fundamental for counterfighting modern lifestyle

Mummy May says I'm not allowed to look at this web page! Naughty Americans always trying to look at things mummy says not to :-)!

They are its really popular right now. Even to the point where McDonald had mentioned that the Jews said they are going to have difficulties because they are figured out.

I would also like to ask if there is any world history books that are not written with Jewish influence?

My man have you seen the original? Even his editors agreed that it is unwieldy and nearly unreadable. The abridged version is considered more than adequate compared to the two volume tome he wrote for the original.

literally the first link on google, buy yourself an e-reader

>An excerpt from 'Liberty or Equality' by Erik Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

>Monarchy Compared with Democracy
>pic related
>We have to preface this section with the observation that the individual (as individual, not person) is, within the historico-politcal perspective, practically powerless. We have said before that the democractic principle of 'one man, one vote,' viewed against a background of voting masses numbering several millions, only serves to demonstrate the pitiful helplessness of the inarticulate individual, who functions at the polls as the smallest indivisible arithmetical (and not always algebraic) unit. He acts in total anonymity, secrecy and irresponsibility.
>The articulate (and "original") person, on the other hand, has a great or small a chance to exercise his political influence under EITHER form of government. The effective influence of men such as Leibniz and Voltaire, Hobbes, Stahl, or Wagner on monarchs was as least as great as the persuasive influence of other thinkers or writers on the political masses. Yet since the educational standards of monarchic rulers are usually above average, the persuasive efforts of intellecutals, for better or for worse, have greater chances in a royal framework. One would therefore expect in a democratic society to see the thinker depreciated on account of his ineffectuality. Who can doubt the Swiss nation is far less affected by the writings of Burckhard, De Reynold, Amiel or Vinet than was the French eighteenth-century aristocracy by the philosophes?
>And now to the points of comparison.
(cont.)

>Monarcy is BY ITS NATURE dissociated from party rule. Only in the 'constitutional' (parliamentary) monarchy are royalist parties imaginable; yet in a sound, organic monarchy all parties accept the common monarchic denominator, and the opposition is thus "His Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition."
>Democracy is BY NATURE party rule. The President (or PM) is a 'party man'. He lacks originally - and often permanently - GENERAL backing.

>The monarch is the political AND social head of the nation.
>The President of the United States, on the other hand, is decidedly not a 'social' leader, even though his wife figures as the 'first lady'. The monarch can, unlike a republican leader, rule not only through the mechanisms of the laws but also through his prestige - an 'endogene' force.

>Even a monarch of mediocre talents and natural gifts has the advantage of having received an education for his profession. A democratic leader can only have the hasty technical training of those with a 'late vocation,' and in most cases he is nothing but a dilettante. Yet this harmoizes well with the general tenor of democracy, whose raison d'etre is not truth, efficacy, reason, study, and reflection, but volition pure and simple. Some apologists of democracy, in order to arrive at an intellectual justification of their theory, propose an enormous increase in general education which will enable all citizens to judge the important issues of the day. Yet the goals they set can only be reached by small fractions of highly gifted individuals. Caught between the Charybdis of intellectual qualifications for the franchise (which is plainly incompatible with very elemetary democratic principles) and the Scylla of an orgy of emotional irrationalism, they steer their course towards the noble goal of education and 'brains' for all. What they do not take into consideration is the hard fact of human inperfection, of original sin.

true

It's absurdly hard to find any right-wing philosophy. My bookstore has everything on marxism, atheism, nihilism, etc. but you'll never see anything right of cuckservatism. I wonder (((why))).

If you're looking for anything in person, you're going to have a very hard time. Most places won't touch this kind of stuff because if even a whiff of right-wing gets loose, suddenly Antifa and some other alphabet goon squad will be beating down their door. Also, leftists have a strong presence in independent book shops, they traditionally organized around them. I don't begrudge them that, but it certainly makes it easier to find anything interesting.

*makes it harder to find anything interesting

Its early and I'm distracted, my bad

why is that

Literally just go into your local bookstore, walk up to the counter, and ask. Mine had a few cheap abridged editions, and also had unabridged editions for a bit more because they had to be specially ordered from the printing companies.

Only took a couple of weeks to arrive, gave me time to read something else.