Are there any anime you used to hate as a newcomer to the medium but have since rewatched and can appreciate more now...

Are there any anime you used to hate as a newcomer to the medium but have since rewatched and can appreciate more now that you're a more mature person? Pic related. It's truly an anime meant for adult people.

I'm 25 and I watched this for the first time two days ago. I dropped it after 3 episodes.

Sailor Moon, back then, I was just in denial about my mind control fetish.

Sorry to break it to you OP, but you've regressed in terms of maturity and shit taste. Watch more anime and lurk more.

I used to hate everything Harem. I always thought it was just pure wish fulfillment. But I learned to appreciate that I rather have a bunch of female characters and that jealousy is cute.

I don't know how this garbage got anywhere even close to popular. Painfully generic in every way except the "lol we're all actually dead".

>you regressed in terms of maturity
>Watch more anime

You want him to regress more?

I used to really hate it when the english dub would go super off script and basically make their own things. Things like Samurai Pizza Cats and Ghost Stories really triggered my weeaboo autism. After I got over myself and watched them both a few years later with more experience under my belt, I found out that we need MORE things to be mistranslated to this degree in Japanese-centric comedies.

There is always something missing in translations. How much depends on the translator and the material.
Good luck translating something like the monogatari series for example.

It's fine if you're keeping Japanese myths involved because then it's a learning experience. But the jokes, especially the puns, should just be dropped entirely. There's no point, and you will never get them on the same exact level.

>maturity
At risk of sounding like that guy, maturity is an arbitrary social construct that is completely meaningless.

>But the jokes, especially the puns, should just be dropped entirely
You are right but that means for something like monogatari you miss about half the content.

>generic
By this point, it's not even a coincidence that only simpletons that can't actually explain why they dislike something use this word.

Well, okay, when I say dropped entirely, I don't mean just make them have blank lines. I mean just localize the puns to the language they're being localized to. I don't think you would be missing THAT much.

What is your stance on honorifics?

Drop them, with the exception of if the cast is clearly living in Japan or a Japanese-based society. So if the cast is in Tokyo or the main character is Japanese, keep them around. Otherwise, they're not necessary and the information they convey, while 'nuanced', isn't really all that necessary.

>2017
>liking Angel Beats! unironically
>falling for the forced drama meme

not even once Sup Forumsnon. your tastes are shit and you should be ashamed. The only thing worth watching angel beats for was the band and listening to Sawashiro sing.

That's what I mean though. Watch it again in 5 or so years. Trust me on this one

Is that what you tell yourself when you're no longer in diapers?

Also, since you've only seen 3 episodes I dare say you haven't seen it at all.

It's a legitimate good and original anime. Has above average production values too.

Monogatari is just a neat to watch show regardless of any 'jokes' that aren't that funny to begin with you might not get.

>Sawashiro sing
But she didn't which makes this totally worthless to watch.

Shoujo and CGDCT.

I dropped both Sora no Woto and Yuru Yuri a couple episodes in originally, but now Sora no Woto is in my top five and Yuru Yuri is one of my favorite SoLs.

erk. you're right.

fuck

no reason whatsoever to watch angelbeats.

Cowboy Bepop.