What if we increased the age to own certain guns?

Disclaimer: I am a Trump supporter and lifelong Republican who believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment. This is not a larp but an attempt to genuinely discuss and potentially fix a serious issue we have in this country.

According to Bureau of Justice statistics (bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/VIOCRM.PDF), young people, aged 16-24, commit the most violent crime.

Why is it then that we are giving a gun as powerful as an AR-15 to someone who hasn't even proven they are capable of being a law abiding citizen? Do we seriously expect an 18 year old to have a criminal record?

Sure, maybe in some cases they will but wouldn't it be wiser to say you can't buy an AR-15 until you've passed this age where a majority of violent crimes are committed?

Or what if we had a system where you had to prove responsible ownership of a lesser grade weapon before being able to purchase something like the AR-15?

I realize this isn't going to stop massacres and you can still go on a killing spree with a Handgun but that doesn't mean we should make it as easy as possible.

Is this a reasonable solution or am I missing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/mass-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.2c516c9db144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What if we taught gun safety in school and issue a standard rifle to all American students that graduate?

One thing I forgot: Responsible ownership would be proven by, for example, 5 years of responsible use of a lesser grade weapon. If you went 5 years without committing any violent crimes while owning a handgun, you would then qualify to own an AR.

>Am I missing something?
Shall not be infringed.
British had muskets, Patriots had muskets.
Government has tons of M4s, population has AR-15s. The AR mass shooter phenomena is somewhat new, perpetuated by the attention feeding MSM.

>haha let's just introduce more laws to curb muh guns when existing laws already do that!
liberals are really this retarded

Are you opposed to the banning of automatic weapons then? Should an automatic weapon be as easy to acquire as any other gun?

I'm not trying to have the same argument that's already been had on this board a million times before.

Is the belief by most Republicans that nothing should ever be done about this? Because if that's the case, this is an area where I disagree.

>banning of automatic weapons
Impossible with a semiautomatic and someone mechanically knowledgeable enough.
You must've forgotten about the year long processes of ATF approval for automatics and suppressors, which too can be made at home. The laws of states and cities are just formalities to separate the law abiding from the criminal.

It's the belief of elected Republicans to serve their donors, it's the belief of citizens who vote Republican that the government has and wants too much control.

Automatic weapons are already banned. Are you trying to argue they should not be banned for general ownership and general, uncontrolled sales?

BTW, before 1934, automatic weapons were legal for purchase in the US. And they were never used in a school shooting. Strange, isn't it?

The gun issue isn't as serious as you think it is and if you understood the statistics you would know this.
There have only been about 1000 deaths between now and 1966 that were caused by a lone gunman gunning down innocent people at random. 99.9% of all the gun violence is either gang related or domestic violence. To make matters worse, they include suicide in gun violence stats.

Suicide accounts for the large majority of gun deaths.

Legally purchased firearms account for about 1% of all gun crimes.

That's the important distinction. Crime and death. Majority of it is suicide. The rest is mostly gang violence. And over 50% of gun deaths use a hand gun, not a rifle. These disingenuous faggots aren't trying to get unregistered handguns off the street though. Just scary looking "Assault Rifle" 15s

And what if your aunt had a dick? Don't be even thinking about cucking.

Another prove you're innocent otherwise we'll assume you're guilty.
33 calls to the Cruz -
"we forgot the paperwork or he couldn't have bought"
"he stole the debit card"
4 armed officers outside with the qualifications to use a weapon...

"im a republican blah blah blah blah "

republicans are dog shit right ?
We'll have to give you an 8 year long test to prove you're worthy of being in the republican party, otherwise, you aren't, you're guilty of liberalism by default

Fully auto weapons have been illegal for decades. What are you even on about?

I think the argument you're making is a shitty one. The point is to reduce these incidents from occurring by making it as difficult as possible, within reason and adherence to 2nd amendment. Nowhere in the 2nd amendment does it say 18 years old MUST be the age where you get to own an AR-15.

I know they're already banned, I was asking a question to make a point.

And yeah, things have changed quite a bit in the last 80 years.

This is true but I still think there are too many mass shootings.

I know that dipshit, I was asking a question to make a point. Did you even look at the post I was responding to?

I would unironically support banning the sales of 'assault weapons' until 25 if we increased the voting age to 25

33 calls to his residence
kicked out of school multiple times
classmates aware he was a potential shooter
step parent called him in and demanded his gun be confiscated

REPUBLICAN SACK OF SHIT HAS A DISCLAIMER AND A SERIOUS QUESTION
REPUBLICAN IS A FUCKING RETARDED LARPING SACK OF SHIT
REPUBLICAN IS NO REPUBLICAN BAN THE FUCKER FROM THE PARTY
TAKE AWAY HIS RIGHTS !

>I am an [Identity Group]

>I'm just like you, except I'm here to argue for the MSM narrative

>And I type like this

Again. Mass shooting is defined as any incident involving a gun in which 4 or more people are injured. 99% of those are gang violence. Gang members don't buy guns at the store because they have a criminal record and the gun would be traced back to them.
Non gang related mass shootings are tragic but not nearly as frequent as you imagine. In a country of 320,000,000 people, 1,996 people have been killed.
0.00062375% of people lost is not enough for me to give up my rights.

Forgot my link

washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/mass-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.2c516c9db144

>Suicide accounts for the large majority of gun deaths.
>Legally purchased firearms account for about 1% of all gun crimes.
If these two are true, why are these fuckheads even on TV ? Why is our whole society so braindead ?
Why aren't they on TV demanding we prevent suicides ?
LOL - it's all a big fucking lie
You're all fucking liars, liars

That's an interesting solution and one I wouldn't entirely oppose but why do voting rights and gun rights have to be linked together?

The FBI has been rogue since Clinton.
They have grenades, TOW missiles, and SAW 249s.
Those are cops, so the citizens also should have said arms.
Militia 18-45.
15-18 is training time.

It is true.
2k people dead from this kind of crime over the past 50 years. The rest is gangs, suicide, and domestic violence. Almost none of which involve a rifle of any kind.

People run on emotions and hate even the most simple math. That's why they're going after this boogyman.

>Nowhere in the 2nd amendment does it say 18 years old MUST be the age where you get to own an AR-15.
Another lie, you lie a lot.

>t. low iodine

Because voting rights and the right to a weapon are granted to the people. So clearly you're not people until 25 if one is higher.

This

All you fucking activist cunts ought be looking at the laws that were already abrogated in this current matter that has your hair and brain cells set on fire.
Instead you'll ignore that so you can a shithead and make more laws no one follows, especially those in power.

>my shitty argument
You don't get Constitutional rights until you're 18, retard. When you turn 18, you have access to purchase weapons.

For the simple fact that people in the west don’t reach psychological or emotional maturity until 25. 18-year olds can’t hold an intelligible conversation yet they’re allowed to elect the most powerful person on the planet. THAT is not common sense.

>Disclaimer: I am a Trump supporter and lifelong Republican who believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment.

But you're going to power through with telling us how we need to give up our rights.

>republican he claims
Hasn't clue one about the Constitution
LIARS are everywhere
kick him out of the Republican party
When he has passed the 7 years from 18-25 time served, we give him a long paper test, if he passes, he get a republican registration to vote. If he fails the test, no guns.

Has any MSM outlet suggested what I'm suggesting? I haven't seen that.

I get it, a lot of people fucked up and I acknowledged this isn't a one shot solution but I still think it's a reasonable change that could improve the situation.

When I say mass shooting, I'm referring to real ones, not the meme ones CNN throws in to bolster the numbers. And I get it, it's still a seemingly insignificant number of lives lost.

But if I told you there was a reasonable change that could be made that could drop that number from 1996 to 1000, and the change truly was reasonable (doesn't have to be the one I'm offering), I'd say that change was worth it.

That's an extremely obtuse way of looking at it. I think in a sane society, people understand that different issues ought to be treated differently.

> activist

lol, I really don't care either way to be honest but I would definitely vote in favor of 18 year olds not having AR-15s if ever given the choice.

Do you think an 18 year old should have the right to purchase ANY weapon? You still haven't answered that.

I totally agree.

No, you can still purchase an AR-15 with my suggestion. I just think you should have to prove you're not a piece of shit first.

>young people, aged 16-24, commit the most violent crime.

No. NIGGERS commit the most violent crime. If you legitimately cared about violent crime you would be talking about repatriating each and every one of them back to Wakanda.

This is now a (((fellow whites))) thread in honor of you, Schlomo.

When did I say I was Republican?

>I am a Trump supporter and lifelong Republican

Ready do give up your guns yet (((fellow Trump supporters)))

My argument isn't "give up your guns,' it's "maybe we should regulate the amount of firepower we're giving to 18 year olds.

>We're only going to infringe on your rights a little bit for more security
You have to be 18 to post here. Do you remember airports before 9-11? Fuck off with that. In retrospect, 3000 dead is literally nothing for the amount of freedom we gave up in the aftermath. Fuck off with that shit.

>Is this a reasonable solution

Come on goyi... I mean (((fellow Republicans))) this is perfectly reasonable.

>No, you can still purchase an AR-15 with my suggestion. I just think you should have to prove you're not a piece of shit first.

>Are you a citizen y/n
>Do you pay taxes y/n
>Are you a male y/n
Congratulations, you can now drink, vote, buy guns, and join the military.

Have a job at 12 and pay taxes for it? Great, enjoy your guns and booze.

I think there should be some sort of mandatory training on to how properly use, clean, etc. a firearm before being able to legally own one.
I'm more concerned about people buying one and accidentally killing themselves or someone else then a criminal going on a shooting spree.
Raising the age isn't going to do shit, and not much will stop a criminal from getting a hold of a weapon. If they can't get a gun, they'll find and use something else.

The background check system needs to be revamped, and other existing laws need to be actually enforced.

>I am a Trump supporter and lifelong Republican

(((Fellow Republicans)))

Then your a stupid fuck.

Get ready for about 50 more (you)s commie. I'm dumping my (((fellow whites))) folder.

>1
Calling for your help anons in Black Panther operation Dosney Strike

>believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment
>what if we further restricted the ability to acquire and use guns

Kill yourself.

>lifelong Republican

(((Fellow republicans)))

And how many 9/11 has there been since 9/11 you dumbfuck?

Appreciate the bumps user, ty

Greetings (((Fellow Republicans)))

(((Lifetime Republican here))) and fellow white man!

increase the voting age to 25

Does the Constitution state at what age one gains the ability to acquire a gun?

(((Fellow Republicans)))

>(((Fellow Republicans)))

How many 9-11 were there before 9-11 you cryto nigger. Fuck out of here with this fear monger bullshit.

I like this solution. Increase the voting age and gun purchasing age to 25. I'm glad I made this thread, something useful actually came out of it. Thanks guys.

The pdf you linked to clearly states that handguns are the most used firearms for violent crime. So why the obsession with the AR15 even though it's a specific weapon that is barely used for any crime except the occasional highly mediatized school shooting?

Fuck off you stupid nigger

Classic pilpul from OP... but he's a ((( Fellow Trump Supporter)))

Because we're talking about mass shootings.

lol get a life guy, I'm just trying to have a discussion with people. Does it really bother you that much?

Why are we taking about mass shooting though? 2k deaths in 50 years versus 50k a year from gang violence? The fuck even.

>lifelong Republican who believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment.

>believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment.

If you read the posts ITT you'd know already, I'm not going to explain it again.

Basically, your logic is "who cares if 50 people died yesterday, that's NOTHING in the grand scheme of things"

Whereas I see it as 50 lives that could have potentially been saved.

>lifelong Republican who believes wholeheartedly in the 2nd Amendment.

(((Fellow Republicans)))

Won't you get behind me on some gun control?

>I realize this isn't going to stop massacres and you can still go on a killing spree with a Handgun but that doesn't mean we should make it as easy as possible.
These are copycat spree killers. They lack the intelligence, discipline and self-control of a serial killer, but they crave infamy and comped sushi and they suffer from delusions of grandeur. They are going to maximize body count, and will use any tool to achieve that goal.

Did anyone advocate banning rope when BTK started serial killing? What if there had been several copycat killers after he was caught? Would that be a good reason to ban rope or implement rope control? You want to make a database of every rope transaction and have mental health screening for rope? These are all stupid ideas and the people that want to apply to them guns are faggots.

In fact, it's this type of emotional pussy screeching mob mentality that resulted in things like: NSA spying, no liquids or chainsaws in your carry on bags, take your shoes off, spread your cheeks and lift your sack, invade iraq etc.

THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT KEEP YOU SAFE. THE BEST THING THE GOVERNMENT CAN DO IS NOTHING

We need to talk about making new automatic weapons legal again.

>I am a Trump supporter

>(((Kurtz)))
Every time. It's like pottery

Come on (((Fellow Trump Supporters))). It's just (((common sense))).

reported for spam

Fuck Off, Shill.

>I am a Trump supporter

Former Trump supporter here....

>Why is it then that we are giving a gun as powerful as an AR-15
223 isn't as powerful as a 357 from my lever action buy you don't care about that.

I've read the entire thread. Let me explain it to you this way.
You're a firefighter. You show up to a burning building and exclaim that we have to do something about this fire. Everyone agrees.
You proceed to focus your efforts on a tiny smoldering shrub completely ignoring the burning building.

If you actually give a fuck about gun violence go do something about inner city violence. The very nature of school shootings makes them a thing that can't be prevented by regulation. Something so infrequent that you can list them out on a single sheet of paper.

Get your shit together

See how he recoils

> "We shouldn't be giving children AR-15s"

> Fuck off shill

Strong counter-argument you've provided there.

I committed a ton of crimes and owed two handguns bought illegally.
What now.

>I am a Trump supporter

Greetings (((fellow Trump supporters)))

When Ginsberg dies and is replaced we need to have someone take a case to the SCOTUS fighting gun banning regulation. Overturn the entire thing forever.

>Arbitrarily raise the age that a legally recognized adult can exercise his or her God-given Right to self-preservation because of the actions of a single moron in Florida

Collective punishment is a war crime, OP

(((Trump supporter here)))

Give up your guns, goyim!

>Are you opposed to the banning of automatic weapons then? Should an automatic weapon be as easy to acquire as any other gun?
You have no idea what youre talking about.
Full autos requires a class three and an nfa tax stamp.
Which is hard to acquire.
Semi autos requires a NCIS background check on all firearms.
Read state and federal law before you prepouse we make law we already have.

I don't give a fuck about inner city gun violence, aka niggers killing other niggers. I care about my future White child and his future White friends living in a society where some sicko like Nick Cruz can LEGALLY purchase an AR-15 and murder them all.

All I've tried to do is offer a different solution that I thought was fair but most people here don't even want to have the conversation.

Who gets to decide who gets what and why? Doesn't sound like the American ideal of liberty. Sounds like slavery.

Then wrap your kids in bubble wrap and lock them in the basement.

Or move to North Korea, I hear it's pretty safe there.

Statistically never going to happen.
0.00062375% chance. Fix other problems retard. Or give me a real reason to care about shit that never happens.

>my future White child

Oh shit, he actually brought out the (((fellow whites))).

Great work, Schmueley.

My grandfather used to ride the tram downtown Memphis with a loaded shotgun at age 12 to go quail hunting on mud island. Back then shootings weren't an issue because leftist brainwashing didn't cause a huge number mentally deranged people like we have today. End the leftist brainwashing and we'll have less shootings.

>I care about my future White child

Come on, (((Fellow whites))) think of the children.

>Should an automatic weapon be as easy to acquire as any other gun?
Musket are Semi auto.
Semi auto means one bullet per trigger pull.
You need a license and a NCIS to get a Semi auto.
Learn what a gun is before you spout shit.

>White

No bitch, you were talking about violent crime. And now you're moving the goal post?

Mass shootings represent an irrelevant number of gun deaths.

You know what would actually save lives? Raising the age to drive a car to 21. Oh but you don't give a fuck about those 2333 deaths that could have been avoided, right? Since you only care about banning the AR15 for your little leftist ideology.

Again, fuck off you stupid piece of shit. Delete that fucking thread.

You're suggesting that we prohibit citizens that can be conscripted from buying weapons. That's fucked.

You are not a trump supporter or a believer in the second, we know your shill tactics now fuck off and saged