Do you think anime is going mainstream, and do you want it to?

Do you think anime is going mainstream, and do you want it to?

Yes.

it's been "mainstream" for years.

It's been mainstream for a while now, but there is a clear separation of which shows are watched by mainstream audiences and which are more obscure. Majority of seasonal anime goes unwatched but shows like Boku no Hero Academia are fair game

I'm talking capeshit levels of mainstream

some shows are mainstream. most good ones aren't. i prefer shows unsullied by normalfags, but I'm not going to skip one that is if it's good.

there are fantastic shows airing right now that not even Sup Forums gives the time of day because they think fujos have cooties or some shit. can't say i don't feel a little morally superior for watching them. good time to be a fujo.

also glad that mainstream will never latch onto precure or pripara.

I hope it doesn't become too mainstream in the West.

I wouldn't want the politically correct cancer to spread to anime like it did to American comics, games and movies.

Me on the left.

I honestly don't care how mainstream is or might get. All that matters is the product. Sure if it starts becoming more popular studios will probably start making things more mass market friendly but some of that stuff can be entertaining too. Also just like with movies there will be those still willing to take a risk and cater to different or niche audiences though they may come fewer and farther between.

What are you taking about? Anime is mainstream as fuck in the west.

In the US, yes.
Not in 3rd world country like mine.
People only really know Pokemon here.

Anime is more mainstream in many 3rd world countries than it is in USA.

>half the size of Hollywood already and growing 12% per year
>when Hollywood in growing less than 1%

Imagine how mainstream it's going to be in 20 years.

You don't got to worry about it because the west doesn't effect production of anime at all. Just avoid dubs and renditions and you'll be fine.

Not here.

Which country? I live in the Third World and most 2D animation on tv is anime and it is fairly popular and well liked

Nigga you live in Africa or what?

Czech

If anime becomes very mainstream in the West, getting a large part of the revenue, it might.

In the end it would be a matter of the anime companies knowing their market instead of listening to the Western media. Anime/manga becoming similar to Marvel would be awful.

It's already mainstream as it will get

Licensing would stop that from ahppening I imagine though, really is a shame what happened to comics though.

anime are mainstream since the 80's

We already had this thread.

It's no longer an ultra niche hobby but i wouldn't call it mainstream just yet.
No, I don't want it to become mainstream.

>reddit spacing

I'd say it started around the early 90s.

Well, spacing does make things easier to read.

RED

With the west already inserting their shitty politics into anime dubbing and influencing Japanese videogame localization it'd be best if it remained off mainstream.

>not watching and reading everything raw
>not speaking Japanese

Seriously? I don't care.
It became mainstream enough for no decent loli show to be aired, ever.

That's not even a third-world country. It's literally second-world.

Ebina's ebinas are ebin.

But we are treated like third-world country with anything coming from the US and rest of the world.

Czech Republic is 1st world, just like Slovenia.

Its getting there.

>Slovenia
It is hard to take you seriously when you can't distinguish Slovenia and Slovakia.

its amazing me that the western ppl are now corrupted to the core that everything they tough turned into shit
20th century was a mistake

I can distinguish them. Slovenia is more developed than Slovakia. Czechia and Slovenia are the only 1st world slav countries. The rest are 2nd (Poland, Slovakia, Croatia) and 3rd world (Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, Russia)

>Czechia and Slovenia are the only 1st world slav countries.
It doesn't look like it over here.

And all of those fucked Hungary hard.

Anime isn't built up to be on that level. Capeshit characters have been around for decades, being rebooted and retold because it can be with the multiverse. Anime are more one shot deals and short lived. Longer running series become stale and people get bored of them, like dragonball or pokemon. I was a big fan of both as a kid but couldn't be bothers to watch what they're cranking out now. Nothing new in the format just different scenery. Also they're low budget quality isn't going to make them anymore popular to the mainstream.

A few years back, some people on Sup Forums who were fans of Cowboy Bebop used to say that "western influence would be good because we would have more anime like CB and less moe". I completely disagree with them.

>its amazing me that the western ppl are now corrupted to the core that everything they tough turned into shit
>20th century was a mistake

Hippies were a mistake.

Say all you want about dragon ball not changing things up but pokemon really changed stuff up this season, what with the gyms being gone and the show turning from an adventure series to a school based slice of life psuedo harem. Helps that the animation is better now too.

The hipster trash around here has already thrown multiple ragefits in the past over the fact that anime is mainstream.

>like dragonball or pokemon
bane.jpg
This is Earth, not whatever xenoworld that you feel that you are a part of, those two are still highly popular and mainstream. Forever will be, too, from the looks of it.

>Hippies were a mistake.
Weed was a mistake.

Well it's really popular here in the Arabic world
The Dubs have gotten worse these past years tho

I'M TAKING CLASSES YOU AUTISTIC FUCKS

Where the hell in the Arabic world do you live where animu is not like 100% apostay-tier haram?

I think it's declining. People that were watching shit like Naruto and Bleach have stopped caring.

Not the guy you're responding too, but I hear Morocco is chill. Not sure how true that is.

It will be mainstream in 5 to 10 years if capeshit dies down. As to what i think about it - just imagine Sup Forums merging with Sup Forums, let that fucking sink in.

Just imagine Sup Forums being half Sup Forums posters due to the live action adaption rule.

>kusosuba
Real rich coming from a faggot

This unfortunately. It's the reason why it has gone down in quality.

Thankfully, all US adaptations have been crap so far.

Maybe.

Kemono Friends going mainstream brought more visitors to zoos, so yes.

Yes and yes

It is, and no.

Yes

>going
you mean is?

That's the best thing you could come up with? I neither know nor care where this 'reddit spacing' meme came from (but I can hazard a guess, amirite gaiz) but it's still the case that vertical whitespace, between ideas, makes the while thing easier to read.

Additionally, how hidamari wide does a composition be to not trigger 'reddit spacing'? On my 29" widescreen there are fairly few paragraphs on Sup Forums that wrap.

Criticise OP on their shitty lack of capitals, attack their lack of examples and evidence for what they are arguing, or admit you're memeposting. In which case KYS plox.