Why are prisoners not made to work?

I am for a prison sentence that costs nothing because all costs end up being earned back in revenues from... mining and construction work carried out by the prisoners.

Why is this not happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/news/united-states/21718897-idaho-prisoners-roast-potatoes-kentucky-they-sell-cattle-prison-labour
youtube.com/watch?v=mVNPQp8O8b0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

economist.com/news/united-states/21718897-idaho-prisoners-roast-potatoes-kentucky-they-sell-cattle-prison-labour

I heard that in Germany if you escape prison you wont be punised and its not illegal since its human nature and instinct .

takes away jobs & revenue sources from people who aren't shitty

maybe because theyd beat each other to death with the crazy equipment and power tools, and if you take those tools than the work will be very inefficient.

Why hasn't man in is greatness invented or discovered a societal system that causes the otherwise criminal to reject crime? Fear isn't a cure-all.

Let them generate their own power by some manual force.

It gives the state free labor. It'd be too much of an incentive to make the laws draconian to enslave as many people as possible.

>I heard that in Germany if you escape prison you wont be punised and its not illegal since its human nature and instinct .

it is illegal in the sense that they throw you back into prisom once apprehended

>maybe because theyd beat each other to death with the crazy equipment and power tools

what is the problem there?

This probably wont work in the USA, lol, too many niggers.

A Brazilian jail had a brilliant idea, they would make prisoners use a stationary bicycle to power a nearby city. Felons that participated were given good behavior points and powered a city.

Need more shit like that in the world.

pic related

Most prisoners wouldn't be able to earn even minimum wage on the free market, how can they support themselves and the guards when they are forced to work.

Slavery is literally legal for prisoners in the US, the work all of the time

Because its not as if there is a surplus of jobs to begin with.Oh sure, there is plenty of stuff that needs to be done, infrastructure needs mending and expanding, ditches need digging, etc. But you start getting people to do it for free, unions and all sorts of retards will get into a frenzy.

>vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=mVNPQp8O8b0

looks like they are powering a jetski battery

brilliant idea, but in an sjw paradise like sweden, even suggesting this would cause a massive shitstorm

Wow - the people in the picture are barely producing enough electric energy to light the room they're in - if they pedal really hard they could possibly supply a fucking toaster.

There should not be any financial incentive to throw people in prison, otherwise you're going to have a whole lot of people improsoned for no reason.

Biggest issue is that it typically costs more to put them to work than what you gain unless you choose very specific types of work. I actually think certain types of hand-made artisan goods could be the most economically viable.

You could also argue that it's character-building and economically justifiable to have them work with industrial shit even if it's a net loss.

They do work, depending on the level of security they're at. You can't have high security prisoners doing manual labor without tons of accommodations. However, they are made to keep the prison clean and do work that can be done inside the facility.

Minimum security, however, DO work, anywhere from construction to firefighting. All kinds of stuff. Where do people get the idea that prisoners don't work?

In Sweden they would probably make the guards do it so the prisoners would not feel so bad about being in prison

It creates bad incentives, and we end up with a system that seeks to incarcerate individuals for victimless crimes.

I am for forced labor, though. We should just preempt it with voluntary sentencing. Banishment from the society whose rules you’ve violated. If no other jurisdiction will have you, we have prison island where savages fight each other for survival. Want to stay and pay your debt to society and have a chance to be reintroduced to it? Labor camp.

Because mining and consruction are good paying jobs that a real man can do and still feed his family.

What do you suggest we do if they say no? Do you send them to prison prison?

If they refuse, some places send them to solitary until they comply. Some prisons will pay prisoners somewhere between 6 cents - 2 dollars and hour as incentive, others will force them to work for no pay and if they refuse, they sit in solitary until they comply.

So yeah, prison prison.

>It creates bad incentives, and we end up with a system that seeks to incarcerate individuals for victimless crimes.
I'd argue that system is already in place
Seems like you could work out some kind of deal for a reduced sentence if they're trying to be productive members of society. Basically reduce their time by hours worked. If they work for 24 hours reduce their sentence by a day or something

Okay. Fair enough. What if they "work" but slowly and do a really terrible job at whatever it is they're supposed to be doing? What kind of work should they be doing? Building literally anything for the populace has tremendous liability issues - do you want them programming and building traffic lights for example?

Lel, allow me to quote the 13th Amendment for you.
>Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

We already use prisoners as slave labor.

They might attack their guards or normal people who get too close, and there is a possibility that they would use the tools to escape.

Umm.. Most prisons make them work. They have been under a lot of scrutiny for decades , read up on it op

They do, here in burgerland. For-profit prisons charge the state to house the prisoners, then turn around and sell the prisoners labor.

Problem is, this means there is a massive incentive to have as many prisoners kept for as long as possible. Police deny having "quotas" on arrests, but every cop and judge knows that the prison industry will charge the state extra if they don't have enough prisoners, which comes out of their budget.

This.

You'd be shocked at how fundamentally worthless the vast majority of prisoners are. They have no work experience, no education, no training, no home life, no childhoods, they're not fit for work.

It's cost-prohibitive to even try to make them useful for anything because so many of them are fucking psychos who will always jump at the first opportunity to be a nigger--regardless of race.

These people have nothing to be proud of, and no hope of ever having anything to be proud of, and therefore, that's what they take pride in: the fact that they're worthless niggers. They actually try to be the best worthless nigger they can be.

>"Shit, I ain't gon' be learnin' dat shit, try to put my ass to work, nigga suk my dik!"

That's their attitude.

/thread

They -could- slack off, but if things start going screwy as a result, other prisoners tend to handle the problem. If a certain department isn't up to snuff, administration comes down on everyone, usually cutting pay. Naturally this pisses off the majority that work there, and the person in question slacking off usually gets removed by "other" means.

Depending on the classification of prisoner, some can do more than others. High security, for instance, and make clothing, clean the facility, and certain other things.

Minimum security can weld, help run a farm, fight fires, do community work, volunteer at kitchens. Some prisons even offer certain educations like welding, construction, business management, etc.

They're never given tasks like programming or other things like that, but there's no reason they can't help build roads or other infrastructure like that. However, it all sounds easy in theory, but in practice it's a bit more complicated.

>maybe because theyd beat each other to death with the crazy equipment and power tools

Televise it and sell it on pay per view.
Boom.

In the US if you escape they also throw you back into prison, with a slew of charges that will most likely keep you there for 20+ years for your trouble

Why not make them organ donors?

because a lot of them are mentally ill... thus unable to work...

If you work with tools and machinery it creates a serious risk as they might use it as weapons.

THIS IS IT!

Prison sentences should no longer be years the should be measured in KILOWATTS!

it's retarded because they have to eat more (which costs extra money) to get additional calories as they all burn it on the bicycles..

If we as a society choose to lock people up for years for nonsense crimes, it should be societies burden to pay for it, not those who are incarcerated. Also, we pay tax money so that we can run jails and prisons, maybe if the cost of incarceration is too high we should stop incarcerating people for stupid shit and stop holding them for so long.

which they would normally burn on doing nothing productive. They absolutely should be doing doing some form of work.

Fuck that. The basic human rights go out the window for people who violated the basic human rights of another. If they're forced to work as a way of paying for their own actions, so be it.

no you don't burn it off when you do nothing... that's the reason people get fat

>and we end up with a system that seeks to incarcerate individuals for victimless crimes

>prostitution
>possession of drugs
>jaywalking

most people in jail committed crimes against 'the state', not against other people user

Then they should pay the state back, no?

>brazilian city
>half a dozen lamps

LOOOOOOL

the state is to serve the people, not to be its own entity

90% of inmates are minorities 'Muh Slavury!"

Can you get some statistics?

Forcing dindus to contribute to society instead of repenting they crime by hanging around the same criminals as usual and playing playstation and doing nothing of value is racist

You can film that in the format of a reality show and make a shitload of money.

Because work will set them free.

nice

Making them work would be a good idea, so that they could develop some type of marketable skills. It is very difficult for ex cons to make a decent living, they have little work experience, and a criminal record. They should be better prepared to get a job after release, instead of being forced back into crime or welfare to survive.

Is that the menu in germanistan for prisoners.

That salad looks tasty as fuck, I wonder what they serve on the weekend, probably turkey with all the amenities.
No wonder all the fucking niggers you're taking go there exclusively to rape as many underage white girls they can get a hold

You know why this is retarded? Because of physics. What do you think is more efficient economically? Buying oil or coal to power a generator, or buying 5,000 calories of food per day to power a nigger on a bike and deal with all of his associated problems (including medical)?

>construction work carried out by the prisoners.

My union would like to have a few words with you.

>It creates bad incentives, and we end up with a system that seeks to incarcerate individuals for victimless crimes

You're blue pilled as fuck in this topic, you've never heard of for profit jails?

Is the same shit but reverse instead of the niggers paying their way for their crime is the tax payer paying for it, prisons have to have a certain amount of people in it to qualify for government hand outs.

Prisons will always be for profit from one end or the other, no one gives a fuck about prisoners is the profit that makes individuals put each other in containment

why should criminals be rewarded with a job? why put people out of work so prisoners have something to do?

I spent time in Canadian jail. In Canada at least you get paroled after 2/3 of your sentence. We worked making all Ontario license plates for no pay at all. I tried to refuse work cause I'd prefer hanging around on the range all day. They told me if I did that I would have to serve the full sentence longest time possible so I said welp I guess I'm going to make some license plates. So yeah prisoners do work. The price of disobeying is more time incarcerated so it's rare someone refuses. Plus in a work environment everyone gets along pretty well and there was never an issue. They don't even have guards on duty while you work. Just regular Joes with state jobs doing normal supervisor work.

Wouldn't a wheel where they could walk be more efficient?

Slave labour puts freemen out of work

Simply execute all violent or repeat criminals and seize the property of all others

They are.

theoretically, if you do not damage anything.
But since you will most likely damage/kill guards or walls, they will add that to your sentence.

There are literally private prisons that get paid for holding people. They shill for being tougher on crime when their body count gets too low

Have you read any Rothbard, OP? This is what he argues for. In short:
>the only real crimes are property crimes
>therefore instead of just locking criminals up for arbitrarily long periods of time, make their punishment involve paying back the property they owe

In Hungary you have to work 8 hours/day..... Just like normal ppl. They even built most of the border fence. In one prison the gov even build a small factory so they can produce barbed wire cuz your cuck gov stop selling us when we put it up in the border......