Lupin III - He's a nice man

Lupin thread! Show some love for our favorite gentleman thief.

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/31335
youtube.com/watch?v=kXLxT1fS-Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=2-Z2NzadQyk
youtube.com/watch?v=dyXPeSbyKNs
youtube.com/watch?v=HFEBaAxO7W0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did Sup Forums find Bloodspray of Goemon? I love it for what it is - a Lupin film bringing it's own spin to the table, but I can't help but feel the plot could've been alot tighter

didn't like it. I'm enjoying that they're focusing on stories for each of the other characters. Hoping they do Zenigata before they call it quits.

golgo 13 vs lupin who win?

They'll probably team up at the end. DUH

have you never seen Mazinger vs anything?

I don't think playing around with zenigata's character will do him much justice. He only exists for lupin, so that rules out the typical origin story. Not that he needs one.

ok capture mission who capture who frist?

Any news on Lupin part 5?

>gentleman thief
If you had fucking read the manga, you wouldn't call that vermin a "Gentleman".

Golgo would capture lupin, but lupin would factor that into his plan. Then he'll break out

Cobra>Spike

not enough lupin and jigen, though this scene was fantastic

sakugabooru.com/post/show/31335

I did, but cagliostro left enough of a lasting impression for me to fancy lupin as a protector of justice. After all, he is a nice man, though he gets angry... sometimes.

Spike's really punching above his weight in that picture. He's cool, but has no place among those classics

>he gets angry
He fucking rapes women at gunpoint.
But the author shows the women accepting it in the end, so it's all fine and good, neh?

No, seriously, onlyanime fags out there would shit themselves by reading the manga.

Chill out man, it sounds like the manga really upset you.

Onlyanime fags upset me, expecially when it comes down to lupin.
They watch the anime without knowing what the real character would be originally.

Mainstreamers are pretty annoying in every interest, but for one as considerably niche as Lupin, I'll take what I get. Afterall, the anime is a great thing to appreciate

That was definitely a highlight in the movie. As much as I like Lupin and Jigen, I was really wishing for Goemon to steal the show.

the manga was so much better compared to the green jacket adaptation, though even monkey punched slowed down with the violence by the final volume, making lupin reluctant to kill

kind of a weird change when he shanked a couple civilians few chapters before

Does anybody like Legend of the Gold of Babylon? It was pretty incoherent if you ask me. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the director's style, I'm not familiar with his works. Pity it's the only pink jacket movie though.

Monkey punch always gave me that gritty mafia feel from lupin, kinda setting it apart from other 60's mangas. Green or red jackets failed to capture (not for lack of trying on green's part). Only thing similar was Takeshi Koike's movies

Dead or Alive is a pink jacket movie in all but the actual jacket color. The designs for the main cast resemble the ones from the first half of pink jacket rather than Part 2's or anything else, and it does the "Lupin topples rebellion/government by himself" plot pink jacket loved to use in the more serious episodes.

get a load of his german opening
youtube.com/watch?v=kXLxT1fS-Lk

Holy shit that's rad

youtube.com/watch?v=2-Z2NzadQyk

great song

yea computerjockeys are pretty dope
check out ping pong and goldenboy
youtube.com/watch?v=dyXPeSbyKNs

in case you're interested

>subtle tumblr nose

>computerjockeys
>golden boy intro
Knew I heard that name before.

But was the show ever dubbed? I know some movies made it here, but even the show?

It happens.
youtube.com/watch?v=HFEBaAxO7W0

man, germans create sometimes the most incredible openings and sometimes they create weapons of mass destruction (naruto op)
it baffles me

>But was the show ever dubbed? I know some movies made it here, but even the show?
they only dubbed few movies and split them into episodes I believe

I liked it, though maybe too gorey. I think with these movies the makers know that they're not really major works in the Lupinverse, so the approach is more concerned with cool and fun stuff than labored artistry. Which I like. I can forgive any amount of nonsensical plot given enough style and swagger, which this and Jigen's Gravestone have in spades.

Whatever happened to the Jigen's gravestone soundtrack? Nobody seems to have a torrent