mediafire.com/folder/2qj7fch1vigqd
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5621
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7349
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5943
mediafire.com/file/fdchmf3y99eoxxg
github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read the visual novel.

If you're american and hate reading, watch Fate/Zero and then Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014).

Don't start it at all.

/thread

It's less about where you start and more where you end up.

You can start with the VN, the LN of Zero, the manga adaptations, the anime adaptations, whatever, just make sure you eventually get through everything.

It's a commitment more than anything else.

If you're not going to read the VN at least start with DEEN's anime, then Zero, then Ufo UBW.
Otherwise you get the spoilers in an underwhelming order. Also if you can withstand the anime's QUALITY everything else will seem a million times better in comparison.

Just watch Fate/Zero. Then if you want watch UBW, but don't expect it to be better or you'll be disappointed. That's it, that's all that's worth a while from the franchise.

Don't listen to people telling you to read the VN unless your time isn't worth much, and CERTAINLY don't listen to any idiot telling you to watch the DEEN anime. The VN has a route that goes before UBW and that's why these autists are telling you that, but Zero makes it completely unnecessary.

Zero>Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya>Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei>Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei>Heaven feel

>Prisma Illya
>Better than ANYTHING fate related
holy shit what are you doing

Start with Zero. It's the best and you can get it without knowing the rest of that shit. After that, do as you will. You'll probably realize, it's only downhill from there, and you'll save time by quitting.

Although I started with the Zero anime, it is recommended to read the VN first.

Fate/Stay Night [Réalta Nua]
nyaa.si/view/427133
mega.nz/#F!YsMExJRZ!VlBKuXGFC_I2O-sELqzmjA
Patch - realtapatch.tumblr.com/
Full Patch - forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
mega.nz/#F!Ls8lmRaY!eEugmqoaDvgHIw9jrgzaBg
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia
Patch - forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5046
Voice Patch in progress - forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5657

Tsukihime, Tsukihime PLUS-DISC, Kagetsu Tohya, Genshi Doumei and Fool's Errand
mega.nz/#F!h51nzC6S!5T9zfPETV764eJNx5YHu5A
mediafire.com/folder/ze6vafvk6lizb/moon
mofumoe.org/content/tsukihime-plus-disc
mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya

Melty Blood, React Final-tuned
mega.nz/#F!lgtjiabS!mC3B7x_AoR8pqP7lK-IW-g

Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
mega.nz/#!38YgRTIS!hXliYFjdKtYvtMYd9M2Az2HuigizUvNtpYMOAurmyXY
reddit.com/r/meltyblood/comments/4acngf/mbaacc_community_edition/

Rips of TYPE-MOON's PC games
mega.nz/#F!BA4yHYoT!NwGVKj4q9Z1vnpKlYY-4UQ

TMDict, a compilation of Nasuverse dictionary entries
tmdict.com

Fate/Stay Night
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vpSKnAFpcxWW9YVkNNVGxpYkU/view?usp=sharing
mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night

Some of Nasu's novels
mega.nz/#F!QwkTVZoC!oETyu8GxO2m5wTKbvwfVwA

Fate/Zero
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero

Fate/Strange Fake
mediafire.com/folder/ar52fvrhn1apx

Fate/Apocrypha
fateapocryphathetranslation.wordpress.com
mediafire.com/folder/2qj7fch1vigqd

Fate/Prototype
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5621
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7349

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files
forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5943
mediafire.com/file/fdchmf3y99eoxxg

>Casual
1. Watch Fate/Zero
2. Read the Fate/stay night visual novel
3. Watch Unlimited Blade Works (2014)
4. Wait for the Heaven's Feel movies

>Hardcore
1. Read the Fate/stay night visual novel
2. Watch Fate/Zero
3. Watch Unlimited Blade Works (2014)
4. Wait for the Heaven's Feel movies

>Pleb
1. Watch Fate/Zero
2. Skip the VN and just watch UBW
3. Wait for Heaven's Feel

>OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
1. Watch DEEN/stay night

The Zero or Stay/Night, don't go into other works like Extra, Grand Order and Fragments.

They assume that you know what your getting into.

I did it all out of order:

>DEEN/Stay Night
>Fate/EXTRA
>Fate/Zero
>Unlimited DEEN Works
>Fate/Unlimited Codes
>Carnival Phantasm
>Fate/Stay Night VN
>Prisma Illya anime
>All Around Type Moon
>Fate/Zero LN
>Turkeyhandle
>Hollow Ataraxia
>Prisma Illya Mango
>Unlimited Ufotable Works
>Fate/EXTELLA
>Fate/Apocrypha anime
>Fate/Grand Order

I managed to get all three major spoilers ruined for me (Redman, Seibah and Sakura) spoiled for me before touching the VN. Didn't matter though because it's a series strong enough to survive the spoilers.

Getting into it this way made me fall for the red variety of Seibah, though.

Read the VN, watch Zero and UBW if you feel like it, anything after HA is fucking stupid

I'm faithful to blue.

just read the fucking VN faggot

Fate/Stay Night VN
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Fate/Zero LN
Then the adaptations, then spin/offs, if you're interested.

Here you go OP

>hardcore
>not reading Fate/Zero

Reminds me of advice images that kill people.

>Nerofags are this retarded

>reminds
If someone actually follows that image they're dead to me.

I did Pleb route and then did OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING route.

I started Fate/Stay Night, dropped it after first episode, about a year later thought I'd give it a fair chance, and ended up dropping it after about 10 episodes. And yet I see so many threads on this board about it and still feel like I'm missing out on the fun. Should I just try Zero instead?

I did the casual route. Might hop on board the OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING route for fun.

I just finished the Fate route of the VN and it feels like it was a complete experience and I'm not super interested in finishing it. Are UBW and Heaven's Feel worth investing another 40+ hours? Fate was neat, but it peaked at Berserker and then just kind of trickled out. The final battle was particularly "whatever" to me.

FATE was designed to feel that way. You read the story about the Holy Grail War and it's victor.

UBW isn't really about the HGW at all. It's mainly a clash of ideals and puts Shiro and Redman center stage.

Heaven's Feel is the longest and most complex route that completely dumpsters the HGW. It's what happens when the war goes horrifically wrong. Most of the cast don't really survive the opening days. It's supposed to be the complete opposite of FATE, and that's why opinions are divided between which of the routes are better. It sounds like you'd prefer this route.

You may want to consider just watching the anime for UBW. It's inferior to the VN, but it'll get you to Heaven's Feel quicker.

Reading the Fate/Zero lite novel falls under the Autism route:

>Autism
1. Read the entire Fate/stay night visual novel including all the bad ends.
2. Read the Fate/Zero lite novel.
3. Read Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
4a. Don't watch any of the anime adaptations and instead incessantly shitpost and complain about how shit the adaptations are compared to the original versions.
OR
4b. Watch all of the anime adaptations and complain about how shit the adaptations are compared to the original versions.
5. Read Tsukihime and wine and bitch and autistically screech over how much you hate Fate and how Tsukihime is superior.
6. Complain about how much you hate Fate/Grand Order and how it "ruined Type Moon and its fanbase."

And lastly, there's one more route:

>Patrician
Watch Carnival Phantasm and realize that it's objectively the best Nasuverse work.

From your description, those both sound pretty good. Fate route was fun, just a little repetitive, but it sounds like UBW and HF are both more to the point, so I'll finish it. Thanks user.

You're gonna wanna read Heaven's Feel.

I started with UBW then Zero and It worked for me, zero acts like a prequel.

I just started watching Apocrypha thpugh and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm only on episode 5 but I haven't found anyone interesting enough to root for yet.

[Spoiler] is shiro kotomine supposed to be some kind of alt universe version of emiya? Or is the name just coincidental/thematic?

Wow i've been lurking too long I dont even understand how that spoiler tag got fucked.

Apocrypha is its own thing. It has no relation to the original story whatsoever.

Just watch Kaleid and be done with the Fate franchise

Are there epub versions of Strange Fake 1 and 3?

I've read FSN and FZ, i've tried getting into FHA since i read somewhere it was the best of the three.

The thing is that the translation i randomly found on the internet starts breaking once Rin comes back and there are a lot of untraslated scenes.

Is the version linked in the thread complete? Do i actually want to bother? Kirei was by far my favorite character.

Narita says to Read the FSN VN then read Hollow Ataraxia before going anywhere near Fate/Zero.

>And yet I see so many threads on this board about it and still feel like I'm missing out on the fun

Sound more like you just want to shitpost about something rather than actually get into Fate. Regardless, by just watching zero you will still not be able to participate in 90% of fate discussion because most of it is about the VN. Every other fate spinoff is mediocre that focuses on the servants and servants fighting rather than memorable characters and interesting themes set in a cool world.

The one in the mega folder is complete. (I played it)

Not that I know of. I haven't gotten around to converting them. pdfs are a pain.

Anime noob here, thanks for advice. Been wanting to watch Fate and see what's it about ever since Ian read that magic spell or something.

I mean, they mention the fuyuki grail wars so it must share some history. The synopsis I saw said it's an alternate take on the stay/night timeline.

Are you telling me that Rin doesn't even exist in this version? Also how the fuck does a Paladin get summomed as a rider class, what the fuck does she ride?

Do you have LAVfilters installed?
github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

The VNs might crash when you reach a OP movie clip if you don't have this installed.

>Tsukihime
Fuck that. Sorry, but even Hisui and Kohaku's routes don't justify ever going back to ONscripter. That shit's for the birds.

>Do i actually want to bother? Kirei was by far my favorite character.
The daughter taker over in FHA.

>OP movie clip

I reached that opening movie at 82% game completion. Hollow Ataraxia is fucking weird. The remaining 18% of game where somehow all the scenes with Caren.

I love TM, but their VN's are a pain at times. I tried Turkeyhandle and got trapped in a bad end because I didn't have enough points with ANYONE to survive. Had to redo the whole thing.

Basically the premise of Apocrypha is that instead of the Fourth Holy Grail War (Fate/Zero) that Apocrypha happens instead. Same lore, but it's a spin-off in a completely different direction.

it's the same up to the third grail war
the fourth(Zero) doesn't happen because the grail was moved from Fuyuki

Deen's F/SN. Zero spoilers some reveals.

so does DEEN/SN

Zero's meant to be spoiled.

I think you just need to redownload the patch from here forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5046
and follow the instructions.
Everyone should do this regardless of where they download the download the game from.

>they download the download the game from.
Please excuse. I just had some thic glass of caffien

Hes talking about Sakura being Rin's sister newfag

Is that supposed to be a reveal? It was painfully obvious that they know each other. Being sisters is the least shocking relationship they could have.

START WITH THE GREEKS

That was in every single adaptation of F/SN though.

that barely scratches the surface.. let's take it further(this one needs to be updated though)

You should probably point out that Fate/Strange Fake and Fate/EXTRA don't actually take place in the same world as Fate/stay night.

The Moon Cell only exists in the EXTRA universe and has nothing to do with Fate/stay night's timelines. Fate/Strange Fake takes place in a peculiar world where both Servants and the Twenty-Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors both exist. So basically, for F/SF, the events of Fate/stay night more or less happened, but in Nasu's personally established timeline, Fate/Strange Fake is an anomaly that never occurs.

Okay, look. These things don't help anyone. This is completely worthless. It's too wordy and it doesn't really benefit anyone.

The key to getting into this series is very simple: Play Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] Fate Route. Ignore everything else and just go into that as if it's the only thing there is. If your interest is still piqued and you still wanna see more, then move onto Unlimited Blade Works, then Heaven's Feel. Conveniently, the PC version of Realta Nua has each of the three routes as a separate executable.

If you still want to keep going, then Fate/hollow ataraxia and Fate/Zero. It doesn't matter which one you read first, since they were both more or less written at the same time.

If by this point, you STILL want more Fateshit, then feel free to get into Fate/EXTRA.

Concerning Tsukihime, ideally, you'd wanna tackle that first, but I'm not about to sit here and tell someone "Hey, you should totally read four of the wordiest visual novels ever created in a row".

The point is start with the Fate route and then decide if you want to continue on from there. No need to make it any more complicated than it needs to be. Generally, if you really like a series, then you're probably gonna end up hunting everything down on your own eventually.

t. autism

Can you just watch the Extra anime in place of the games?
Extra is a clusterfuck in its own right.

Its fully translated as of 2014, but a voice patch is coming in the near future.

No Kirei, he doesn't appear because for a 5th war timeline to reach a conclusion where Shirou survive and win, he can't be alive

It's a decent guide, and serves as a good checklist.
Though ideally someone else will come along and make a better one.

> It's supposed to be the complete opposite of FATE

And there's a ton of intentional parallels and call back between the two. Even the comedic throwaway scene where Shirou asked Saber for an "ultimate technique that can defeat a servant in one blow" came right back in Sparks Liner High.

I took a few months back after reading Fate before starting UBW due to real life reasons, and I didn't pick it up initially. The re-read wasn't on Mub Rub Extra's level of mindblowing, but its pretty neat picking up on all the small references.

Hollow Ataraxia has 2 OP, one animated, one generated by the game engine. Ataraxia plays after the prologue and representing you entering the loop. Hollow is the "true" OP, and is unlocked once you clear enough plot scenes to move the story forward.

>I reached that opening movie at 82% game completion. Hollow Ataraxia is fucking weird. The remaining 18% of game where somehow all the scenes with Caren.

That's pretty much what happen when you prioritize the SoL scenes in fear of locking out certain scenes by advancing the plot.

This is actually true, and I'm a fatefag...