Why can't fat people control themselves

why can't fat people control themselves

lack of iodine that used to be in everything but now only found in fatty fast food so people gorge to get trace amounts back into their systems. That and their thyroid is calcified and can't sense the "I'm full" hormone from the gut

Sugar addiction

Carbs make you hungry for... carbs.

This

But also the fatter you get, the less motivation you have to fix it because you don't actually know you feel shitty until you start feeling better.

t. fatty

We have to do something about the fats in this country.

Food is good. I bet OP is a skinny little twig. Get some meat on your bones and stop worrying what society thinks.

I ate a burger bigger than that a few days ago. I'm

People have this idea that they should feel "full" all the time and if they're not "full" then they must be starving!!

Same with people feeling "happy" all the time and if they don't feel "happy!!" then it must mean they're depressed lets get some soma!!

I used to be fat, I'm slightly overweight, trying to get in perfect shape, I don't know why, but it was just fun to eat, I realized that I was a disgusting blob and put it down and ate healthier. I might've had it easier than everyone else

>get off your ass and train
Why? So society can pat you on the head and tell you what a good little sheep you are? I don't need to run a rat race every day because I'm so desperate to be accepted.

scary fact - the fat cells in your body secrete neurotransmitters that encourage hunger - the more fat cells you have, the louder they scream out in your mind to be fed, really obese people have very slow metabolisms and extreme hunger, theyre bodies have basically become fat accumulation engines

fuck boys dont let it happen to you, once you reach the fat casade your whole life becomes hell

Caffine addictions
lack of better coping mechanisms
no self control
It's brutal what you can do to yourself, and how much it takes to partially reverse it.
t. fat guy trying to get /fit/ again

So you're comfortable with being in poor health and having less physical ability?

Former fat guy here. Can confirm

I keep saying the same thing. Round up all the fats, put them into state run fat camps, and don't let them leave until they can pass a standardized fitness test. Put them on parole and make them check in every month and do the same fitness test, failure means you get dragged back into fat camp. Make being fat a crime since it is essentially stealing from society.

yea its fun to be a fat soft piece of shit until you hit like 28 and realize you cant climb stairs anymore and then die before 40

My health is fine, and I don't need physical ability, I'm not an athlete, I work at a desk.

They can totally control themselves, their brain makes it unpleasant if they don't comply. They have well developed circuits that reward acquisition and consumption of bad food. Considering this it's a huge hill to climb and very easy to slip and fall.

Sounds Cliche but the best way these people can fix themselves is one baby step at a time. They commit to crash diets and 100% drastic changes in eating habits, hit the gym 4 nights a week, walk/run 5 miles a day, none of that will stick longer than a month. You can't just suddenly make huge changes to your life, you need to ease into everything, but getting them(or anyone) into the right state of mind for long term behavior modification is very hard.

Poor discipline as a child. They weren’t raised with a firm hand and so have grown up seeking instant gratification. They are trash and should not be helped.

Foods good man. What are you a POOR fag ?

Has to be filmed tho

Also this thread is now /sig/

Food and condiments are designed by scientists to intentionally make it highly desirable and addictive.

Fortifying junk food with nutrients has also been shown to trick the body into craving that junk food when it is lacking a nutrient.

>I don't need physical ability.

Same reason alcoholics and druggies can't control themselves. Or any other sort of addict. They have an even bigger problem in that bad food is not really regulated.

Even better. It can be red asphalt, but hopefully more useful.

I eat plenty of red meat and whatnot. But I’m also not a lazy piece of shit. Go to the gym, lift, do cardio and stop being as big a drain on society as nogs.

no, the only person you should do it for is yourself

are you really ready to accept death knowing you've never reached your true potential?

You cost us money, and time. You should strive for excellence so you don’t bring down the quality of our society anymore. Fatties should not ever be tolerated or associated with. Ostracize then until they regain control of themselves and get some discipline

It's sorta like being an alcoholic, except you need to keep relapsing to stay alive.

How does caffeine addiction fit into that? Wouldn't think that coffee/energy drink addictions would be too fattening unless you get all of your caffeine from sodas which is mostly a sugar bomb. Meanwhile I'm stuck trying to shed the 30lbs I put on from a couple months of depressed alc abuse. Thank fuck the more degenerate marijuana is available now to replace that coping crutch

They can but choose not to, for the sheer decadence of eating double fried foods and watching televised entertainment for hours.

Yup
Our society hurts them worse with advice and reality tv/fitness ads. Just taking steps to eat less and then work out when your joints won’t blow out.

red meat is killing us all, note how much you fart and shit after eating it next time you do

>red meat is killing us all, note how much you fart and shit after eating it next time you do
What does that have to do with anything?

I’m always encouraging people to take caffeine pills. There isn’t a good reason for people to intentionally trash their bodies with trash drinks when you can literally get the same caffeine content for a fraction of the price. I think people who claim they drink sodas and the like for caffeine are sweet addicted liars and trying to use caffeine as a shield for their lack of control.

what a beta

I've been addicted to sodas most my life, user. I wouldn't even say it's the caffine, as much as I'm addicted to the carbonation. I'm trying to help using sparkling water, but my favourite one has aspertame so I need to find a replacement.

Only like 10%~ of first time cocaine users become addicted. Around 70%~ of people are overweight and eat a bag of sugar everyday.

pie tastes good when you shove it in your pie hole.

I don’t because I have a balanced diet and I am an active person with a very fast metabolism. I can process red meat because of how I eat and live. If you are sedentary and have a slow metabolism you won’t be able to properly process most food.

Ex fatass checking in, maybe I can shed some light.

How you are raised plays a huge part of it. It isn't insurmountable, but if your parents overfeed you bullshit for your entire childhood, that becomes your "normal." The stomach stretches from being a fatass for years, and if you try eating less you feel hungry as shit. When you cave in and gorge, you get a big ol rush of dopamine to reward you for being a fatass. After failing a few times, you start to feel helpless about it and doubt your own willpower.

What finally helped me was getting out of that shitty, toxic environment where every one around you is eating bullshit.

Went to college, had fitness freak roommates who were total bros, and they helped me out. Just that environment shift and positivity made a world of difference.

You might not need too much physical strength, but stretches/yoga would help prevent your posture from going to shit and killing your back early.

That will happen, but sadly not until Obuttholecare single payer comes into effect.

people already "traumatized" with their bad sight, overweight etc but STILL stuff themselves with those ketchups, all kinds of soft drinks and meat and sauces which are all saturating your body with NOT what you need, on street there is still a dry ketchup that someone threw out week or two ago, its still dry on the concrete! what it does to your body! just LOL ! humanity tricked

like jordan maxwell said - ignorant ill informed unread dim witted

your body cant process foods youre not meant to digest, resulting in excessive gas and excrements, leading to colon and other lifelong complications with digestion such as gout if you continue to eat too much

>your body cant process foods youre not meant to digest, resulting in excessive gas and excrements, leading to colon and other lifelong complications with digestion such as gout if you continue to eat too much
But we can process meat just fine, we've been eating it for nearly 2.6 million years

Fat people are fat for the same reason thin people are thin: They listen to what their bodies tell them. A thin person stops eating when their body tells them to. A fat person stops eating with their body tells them to. The reason the thin person is thin and the fat person is fat is because the person's body doesn't tell them to stop eating until they've consumed a much larger amount.

Whenever we ask "Why aren't thin people fat?", the answer seems obvious: They're mindful of their caloric intake, they make the right food choices, and they exercise.

The reality is that the overwhelmingly large majority of thin people are not mindful of their caloric intake, do not make the right food choices, and do not exercise. So, what are they doing that's so drastically different?

They're consuming less than the fat people. That's it.

Fat people don't suffer from some pathological lack of willpower and thin people aren't struggling every second of the day to avoid overeating, they're both just doing what their bodies tell them to do.

There are many theories as to why this self-regulating capacity of the body works so differently in fat people than it does thin people, but to say that "fat people can't control themselves, that's why they're fat" is every bit as false as saying "thin people can control themselves, that's why they're thin" because your average thin person doesn't control themselves at all, they just don't have the same desire to consume the same amounts of food as a fat person.

I see, soda addiction can be quite the bitch. Grew up splitting a 24 pack of soda each week with my dad and I had to stop myself from going down that path in university when I found that I could buy a 1.5L coke for less that a 20oz'er at a local store on the way home. Was making multiple trips a day before I realized it was a bad idea. Hopefully you didn't fall for the diet soda/soda zero crap like some people

Sure. But knowing you shouldn't do something (eat a fuck load of food) and doing it anyway is literally an inability to control one's self. It takes a conscious effort and constant vigilance for a fat person to stop being fat, just like it does for a skinny person to bulk up.

Oh believe me, man, I have.
For many, many years.
I'm trying to move on to drinking plain water more, but sometimes I need a sparkling water to scratch that carbonation itch.