Digital art ruined anime

Digital art ruined anime.

is there anything more pathetic than nostalgiafags

Your mom ruined anime.

even trying to argue that bottom looks better

the lower one is a deviantart drawing.
it says right there. this is really low quality bait.

They can just use the old colors in digital. Digital isn't the problem, unfaithful artstyle is.

This is true, Super doesn't look that good.

Dragon ball was always trash, don't forget it OP.

no

>implying its digital's fault a bunch of retards can't draw as well or use the same color palette

This isn't any news OP.

If it wasn't for digital coloring and composite, we'd see a lot more QUALITY in anime today.

>Dragon Ball will never look like this again
it hurts

Continuing dragonball past dragonball was a mistake

Looks like fanart

Someone give him eyebrows please

The top one isn't a legit pic, looks kinda photoshop'd, also SS3 Goku wearing Potara earings?
Regardless If you instead look at Z vs Super yeah the modern art looks like garbage, though Super might just be extra bad.

I miss the graininess, honestly.

Good. We don't need more jobhan.

>also SS3 Goku wearing Potara earings?
That was when he tried to fuse with someone(i can't remember who though) but the other person didn't put the ring on in time, thus he figured he had to buy time with ssj3

>implying buu saga wasn't ugly as shit in animation
DB animation took a massive nose dive after Frieza.

>Dragon Ball will never look like this again
it hurts

It's not all that bad.

agreed.

only for posers who don't know how to use it

SS3 would be okay if it had eyebrows. SS4 would be okay if the hair and fur were the same color and it didn't have eyeshadow. SG and SSB would be okay if they didn't exist.

Dragon Ball is the greatest nostalgia art for me.

>top image looks better
>"f-fucking nostalgiafags amirite guiz"

>if the hair and fur were the same color

That's ridiculous. Color theory shows that by splitting them up it creates a more dynamic design, and people certainly do grow different shades of hair in different places. If the hair were solid one color, it would trash the design.

Eat a dick. The point is obviously that good artists can make something that looks good with any set of tools, but a shit artist can only make shit no matter what they're given to work with. If anime looks like shit now (which is also a dipshit thing to say), it's because of bad artists, not bad tools. Only nostalgiafags claim otherwise because they're retarded. Comparing a frame of Dragon Ball to a FUCKING DEVIANTART DRAWING doesn't change that. In conclusion please kill yourselves.

I truly believe even with digital art they could still do quality work and maybe even surpass it, the problem is times have changed and the money isn't there for extreme talent. Most the artists now who draw anime work on slave wages and are basically peasants. Why should they push themselves to the limit to try and make beautiful art that no one will care about, it won't get them fed.

Nope. If they were unicolor, they'd look better.

Or at least, not have the coloring be done by 90s Toei.

Explain me why top looks better.

>Most the artists now who draw anime work on slave wages and are basically peasants
This has been the case forever and a day.

The lack of detail on digital art disgusts me. Just look at the rocks.

Anything is still better than the blocky look of 3DCG though

DBfags, i.e. mexicans

What is the best BD release of Dragon Ball Z?

>Or at least, not have the coloring be done by 90s Toei.
I think that's the real point. Pinkish red was kind of an odd choice.

Obviously the DBZ funi blu rays. Avoid Kai blu rays though. Kai is trash.

It also ruined manga

Inb4 someone posts the Kurapika chain comparison.

Continuing Dragon Ball past the Pilaf arc was a mistake.

Is Otaking still around?

Pilaf is a shit character and everyone knows the King Piccolo arc is the best of the series.

digital art has nothing to do with artists who have no understanding of color/shading

I know. But Goku's story was pretty much over. Should have just started a new whole with new characters set in the same universe.

>UP
Realistic skin
Multiple layers of shadows
>Down
Simple linear
Shaders don't work like an Adobe flash project in real life

You obviously don't have any fucking idea of what "quality" is.
Anime in the past tried to simulate the real thing, anime now tries to simulate prosthetic legs.

Indeed

Dragon Ball stopped being good when Goku met Bulma