Why actually live?

I'm going to uni to get a degree, to get a job, to get money. Then what? Is the point of life literally to spend money on shit that will make you feel happy for a few minutes just to fall back to animal-instinct driven desire again?
Think about it, life is literally pointless, every second of enjoyment you get out of life will also eventually result in sorrow.
Humans are animals evolved to survive.
>Get shit
>Feel happy
>Feel sorrow
>Work for shit
>Repeat
>Death

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TlK5cUS3K1o
youtube.com/watch?v=W7mkDbyzlbg
youtube.com/watch?v=5FELdBsixGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a test of humanity's character as a whole.

Lol you don't got any hobbies?

Even video games provide hundred of hours.

But yes life is what you make of it

A lot of people try to ignore it, we're a random asf little sign of life in a huge avast mysterious space, filled with mostly unknowns.

It's daunting and quite spooky to think about, however that leaves open the possibilities for anything to happen, including when you die.

Best to have goals and try to distract yourself or bring it out and make the best of knowing life means nothing

>When you start to feel sad, always remember to stop being a little bitch and no one cares.
Take your own advice OP. Life is hard, if you're strong enough you can make something of it. Otherwise you might as well dye your hair purple and go out in a blaze of bbc.

Hobbies are the same deal, they're just a distraction to keep your animal-brain happy for a few moments. Think about it, there truly is no reason to live.

You have chosen poorly.

I've chosen the non-delusional path in life. It's the truth, living is just a game of distracting or rewarding yourself, followed by pain and sadness. It's how the pendulum swings.

It wasn't always this way. It's ridiculously easy to survive these days. It used to be difficult not to die most of the time. We don't have that problem anymore; we are so insanely comfortable that we get "bored" and complain about there being nothing to do. It's insane.

If you want out of the silly cycle, step in front of a bus.

And you're gonna follow that truth into a miserable death saying "see? See! The world is meaningless and cruel after all".

also, please to fuck off with this soppy bullshit

You want purpose? Here it is:

You might spawn on this planet again, so try to make it more tolerable in case you do.

lol australia with their classic shitposts

I live in a hotel, technically only graduaded elementary school and am dirt poor...and quasi-suicidie.

Stop, also life is suffering. It's not edgy, it's a long held buddhist perspective. I think it's true. To obtain enlightenment you need to suffer Waaay more than you have.

Otherwise continue your trajectory and goodluck. If we don't meet again before the apocalypse than goodbye.

It sounds stupid but I think everyone suffers equally, because desire is suffering, and all humans desire. Doesn't matter if you're a billionaire or you have no legs you always desire something, and once you get what you desire, you'll just want more and more. My main goal was to go to uni, got happy for about a day, now my desire is to finish it, then after I'll desire something else, and so on. It's an endless cycle, we will all desire and suffer until we die, regardless of how fortunate, or unfortunate our lives are. And that's the way it is because the evolved to think this way, animals don't survive by sitting around doing jack diddly fucking cunt all day, they hoard food and fuck and shit, humans are no different.

*And that's the way it is because we evolved to think this way

Even if I magically made the world a utopia the problem wouldn't be solved. Suffering is engraved in mankind's likeness.

> everyone suffers equally

Look at Afrika then look out your room. Buddha left his castle to live like a begged for years to seee. Hardship and desire are far from the same. You and your list isn't suffering, it's desire or other.

You will find it behind pain and loss. More pain that you thought, longer than imagined and permanent loss.

Go, be found...but be willing to Be found.

What's different? Africans desire food so they don't die while I desire more worthless shit, sure if you approach it with a close mind you'd think "Uh but starving hurts more!!" but think outside the box, it's all desire, therefore it's all suffering. I'm talking about transcending 'the game', so to speak.

You are beginning to realize truth. Materialism will not make you happy. Happiness comes from Within. Turn your fear into love

The way out of hedonism and being a slave to desire is either to TRAIN as a buddhist, or find something in the world OUTSIDE YOURSELF that you consider more valuable than your own condition or suffering. A family would do the trick, but a legacy more generally might work. But let me tell warn you right now: this burning conviction you feel (to the point of fascination) with the 'painful truth' that the universe is meaningless is something you MUST believe to not disintegrate. You either have to make peace with your apathy by living a life of controlled desire, or grow up and realize how much the world has given you and resolve to find something worthy to protect.

youtu.be/TlK5cUS3K1o

> What's different?

#1: Africans desire food so they don't die.

#2: I desire more worthless shit.

You make good points. Thank you.

You invest that money in your family, so that your sons grow strong and smart and fuck tonnes of bitches and invest in their sons.

Eventually your great great grandchildren will praise your name and you will live for eternity.

Stop being a consimer you faggot piece of shit.

Go outside and take a walk. You will die in 3 weeks without food, 1 week without sleep, 3 days without water, and a few minutes without air.

If at any point you decide to drink something or breathe, you will know the reason why every living thing continues living.

I know the exact truth, and it's not some "happiness comes from within" bullshit, face it. The truth is that we're just animals that live like all others, we desire things (food, sex, shelter, materials) to survive, but humans don't really need those things to survive because good luck dying in the 1st world, therefore we're in this state where we just mindlessly pursue those things to feel good for a little while, before our survival instincts kick in and go "hey get more shit! I feel bad now!". Additionally, because humans are smart and all, we're able to rationalize and realize that this is the true nature of life, hence why I'm here on this Indonesian basket weaving forum talking about it.
It's the exact same thing, I just desire something that at a first glance would seem like it's less important, but really, they are the exact same thing, they are desire.
All that would prove is that my instinctual-brain knows how to stop me from dying, that's besides my point.

Cool, so my children can follow the path of every single human being, to mindlessly wander life pursuing useless things to feel happy for a while.

how do you know any of this to be the truth

Through the studies of multiple religions and ideologies, basic biology, my own thoughts, and a couple drugs added to the mix at some point in time.

Life is fucking great. There's so many wonderful things to do.

You should really just kill yourself if you are going to refuse to enjoy any of this.

You need something you think (perhaps feel is a better word) is important to do. I find living a service-oriented life to be pretty satisfying

If you don't feel anything is important then I don't know, seek novelty

Become an honorable warrior of love

We either find true love or annihilate God's broken universe

>life is literally pointless
it will be pointless for you if you live it only for yourself. use your life to make your family and your loved ones happy. degenerate fuck.

You're just in denial. I bet you go to parties every week, maybe watch something funny and give a little giggle every now and then, get your pay check and spend it on the latest shit people are pointlessly obsessed with.
It's a distraction, it's fake, a facade. Every moment you aren't enjoying life you're hating it, and you know it, deep down. You just give into your animal-brain every chance you get and it rewards you in return, but remember that the pendulum swings both ways
And by using my life to support loved once that will break them out of this pointless game of desire and reward? Try thinking for a little bit.

> back with "same"....

Sir, please, tone down the existentialism and try to know dismemberment and "coke or pepsi" are not equal desires.

It's not equal. It's not the same. It's like you've never traveled to places where people starve and die from the elements.

That's besides the point, desire will always exist. I could have ten quad-trillion dollars, fuck bitches eight times a day, and rule over mankind in a wonderful utopia where everyone is happy, but desire will always exist, so I literally wouldn't be any happier than I am now, and neither would anyone else. It might seem hard to wrap your head around but it's true.

Two is one, one is all.

:3

>my own thoughts
>drugs

You surround yourself with your own subjective thoughts and swear that you are telling us the objective truth. you sound like a massive fedora tipping faggot saying what comes to mind off of a simple minded first glance at the universe

>multiple religions

What religions are you studying that agree with anything you're saying. comparatively thousands of years of similarities between different religions completely disregards your whole "I think life is meaningless" mindset which is ultimately subjectively based off what you personally think

You can continue going down this path or you can do what many others who have come here have done, add purpose to your own life.

the fact that is pointless for you doesn't mean that is going to be pointless for them. you sound like you lack empathy for others, even your close ones. if that's the case then you should kys.

You need God in your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7mkDbyzlbg

>I could have ten quad-trillion dollars, fuck bitches eight times a day, and rule over mankind in a wonderful utopia where everyone is happy
So you figure that anyone who claims to have found meaning outside of such selfish things is deluding themselves? If you're so sure of the world's futility then what on earth gives you the authority to judge other people's motivations? I don't understand this about the black pill at all. If everything is fucked up and meaningless then how are you so sure of this? Where's the humility?

Sounds like you guys are ready for Buddhism.

You seem to be mildly retarded. Every '''meaning''' to life is a form of denial, it all comes back to the desire reward thing. No matter what I do nobody will actually be broken out of this 'game', we all live in desire and suffering.
No I'm just saying the truth. If somebody has a '''meaning''' in their life I'm sorry to say but they are just giving into their instinctual-brain and getting rewarded by fulfilling a desire, that desire being whatever your '''meaning''' is.
Religion is a coping mechanism

Well done, you're halfway to the philosophical sophistication of pre-Christian Greeks or early Buddhists.
Yes, material life is defined by various intervals of suffering. Yes, desire is permanent and fulfilling it does not yield lasting happiness. You must find solace and peace within, not without.
Keep travelling the road, you'll find the way. Your statements in this thread are entry-level existential nihilism. Read Marcus Aurelius and Bertrand Russell's history of western philosophy. You have a long way to go.

>Religion is a coping mechanism
I thought you chose a non-delusional path

You need to find some humility, and hope it will come to you before you decide nothing is worth it.

yes please kys, less competition for us who do care.

> so I literally wouldn't be any happier than I am now

I eat noodles with soy sauce. I skip meals. I have no car, no family, no friends. I would be Very happy to have a home cooked meal, let alone every meal. Wine with food!

That's just the food. Desire...same same, but same?

Welcome to philosophy for angst-ridden teens. Don't worry, you will grow out of it.

"You must find solace and peace within, not without."
Just delusion, there is no 'within', we're just organisms doing what organisms do, eat, sleep, reproduce, etc.
Yes, less competition for a game in which nobody can win.
Yes you desire to eat proper meals, have a car, family and friends, but once or if you get all those things you'll feel good for a little while and then just want more. See where I'm getting at?

You must tune out your survival instincts. They are built upon the material world. Humans are not meant to live like this. You already have everything you need to be happy.

>babbys first existential crisis
life doesnt need to have a meaning for you to enjoy it pussy
now please go do your math homework billy

There is no real point to it all and is why humans are unhappy. We are too intelligent for our own good and thus try to find reason for something that inherently pointless
Look, if we mattered or not ask yourself this. Would anything change woth humans gone, like no himan whatsoever, we all just vanished?
The true pill is realising this truth and how absurd it is that many countries make it illegal to kill yourself or help others kill themselves (like terminal patients and elderly)

If you're not here to destroy people's delusions, since what's the point if they help dealing with desire, then you're looking for someone to disagree with you. People like you have no idea why you do anything at all, and if this thread is to reduce your own suffering you have no idea why.

Beyond the blackpill lies the sadist pill in which you grab a beer and enjoy the collapse of the western empire from the best seats you can afford

Already decided to end myself next January. Life feels like a chore. Everything gets stale after a while. Actually surprised that there are no regular mass suicides around the world. I yearn for the sweet release of death.

>Just delusion, there is no 'within', we're just organisms doing what organisms do, eat, sleep, reproduce, etc.

Then why are you posting here? why are you suicidal? Why are you so depressed?

Obviously there is more to you than eating shitting and fucking. Wake the fuck up, bitch.

Only you can not win.

OK budha stop your pondering we are here to work for a better future. You talk like a person without a child. The generation wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit of this time.

Go to church.

>enjoy
You mean give into desire and then just start the cycle all over again? No thanks.
Most people fear death, it's animal nature to avoid death at all costs, after all.
Yeah there's many other things, but again they are all just desire and rewards.
I've seen that meme literally like 200 times now.

You turned your back from God and this is your punishment. Start believing and you will know your path.

>I'm going to uni to get a degree, to get a job, to get money. Then what?
this is all a means to an end user. the end is being a father. you can't ever be a real man without being a father.

also you sound depressed. i have been at the same point as you user. you need to find a life path that meets your purpose. not some meaningless crap.

>Believe in a god because it’ll make you feel better.

Daily reminder: Pee is stored in the balls

Whilst most people fesr death. There are some who long for it or even others who are curious about
I am intrigued by it and deeply curious about even though i am like 90% sure nothing happens. What if something does happen you know.

You're not wrong. I don't know how I've let my bodily functions fool me into living thus far. I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to kill myself and reject life, the thing your brain is designed to cling to at all costs. Fuck.

You feel shit so it's a better improvement where you are know. you can better kys because nobody needs you. you are worthless.

Having pride shows he values _something_.

I was told about "humility" too when I reee'd here. It wasnt pride so much as describing what I didn't know had a name. Using words in obtuse or abstract ways instead, which he might be but doubt.

> (You)
>Yeah there's many other things, but again they are all just desire and rewards.
There is 2,500 years of philosophy and thought behind the search for answers to your questions in the Catholic Church, and you refuse to explore it, all because Jews told you God was stupid.

>
>I've seen that meme literally like 200 times now.
Because it is true.

Religion/new age spiritual shit to the rescue.
You see, every culture on earth answers on that question pretty much the same - get a religion or else suffer from the empty and meaningless struggle against nothing.
You can pick up some philosophies on your tastes, but strictly speaking they are as much loony shit as religion and lack the satisfying lies of religion.
Personally i chose distantion from everything.

Hey you’re worthless too, buddy. You’re just so irrational you need a god to justify your absurd existence.

>Humans are animals evolved to survive.

If you comprehend the nature of our situation, you would understand that their is only one logical goal for man... to become God.

What are you doing to make that happen?

You are just in denial that you are worthless. The sooner you will realize the better. If you realize you are worthless then start to improve yourself. If you don't love yourself why should we love you also? If you can put something of value on the table we will speak again.

>not having esoteric hobbies, vocations, skills that you deeply care about that will take you to interesting places in life
blame yourself

SHHHHH....the fuck, dude!

This is why I've been thinking of starting a mental health general/mental improvement general. I think Sup Forums needs it

You stupid whiny fuck, the point of existence is to exist, to feel pain so you can recognize joy and proliferate it. You are literally a brain so there isnt giving in to the animal brain-desire-failure-suffering there is just doing you for you however you want. If you somehow get above wanting, scrutinizing and deducing intent beyond practicality. Just because feeling good is a reward system you can comprehend doesnt belittle the esoteric novelty of it - unless you decide it does. like life you decide if it's worthwhile and nobody is going to convince you otherwise

The essential difficulty with nihilism and the milder existentialism is that it acknowledges and REVELS in the existence and reality of pain, while shunning most purported goals as the products of desires and animal tendencies. Our very existence is slavery to our desires, and even if we manage to zen monk our way to mental peace the universe is still going to die a heat death etc. The thing about the humility exhortation is two-fold in my view: one is that the end point of nihilism is suicide, since all suffering means wtf are you doing now? second is that the certainty of nihilism is an inconsistency in itself, since it's based on the transcendent value of empiricism and philosophy about the human condition. Like you said there must indeed by some pride to be angry like OP and not distressed like an ordinary depressed person looking for meaning. This pride is in the certainty of the recognition of the nature of the world as materialistic and mechanical. They claim their 'realization' of the pointlessness of hedonism is some sort of badge of honor, but at the same time they are zealous in their dismissal and loathing of anything anyone claims to be a transcendent goal. It's almost like to cope with their suffering of having no meaning, they must insist that the world has no meaning or their last bastion of pride (observation/logic/rationality) will have failed them and they are left with envy for the stupid people who find happiness in their 'delusions'.

>Think about it, there truly is no reason to live.
if that is really how you feel all the time [pic]
But do consider that what you consider goals is just... shit, I can't really translate this... but here is my best attempt.
>it's a land mark to steer by, and as you make your way towards that ''get shit'' goal you should be able to enjoy the journey. Feel the fresh breeze on your skin, find a travel companion and enjoy the company, bask in the glow of achievement and so on and so forth

I refuse to explore it because it's all deluded denial. Meaninglessness is the absolute truth, they try to find meaning in something that actually has no meaning. Also the meme is completely besides my point.
Alright so I start working out, get ripped, develop some awesome personality, I look it the mirror and think "fuck yeah!", feel good for a while, then my animal-brain goes "hey get/achieve more stuff I need it to survive!!!", and the cycle starts all over again, that's how it always would and will work.
It's so great that you're making a delusion/denial reinforcement general. Well done.
No, the reason I exist is because my parents banged and I came out, and as an animal I desire things, just like every other living creature. It's pretty simple.

You are meant to leave an imprint on the world. Create something. Start businesses. Help further generations. Shape the world.

Yes exactly you should do it. Try it out maybe it works for you too. What do you have to lose? everything is meaningless to you anyway.

>You are meant to leave an imprint on the world.

But that's the contradiction. The native Americans had some saying about treading lightly and disturbing things as little as possible.

The more we try to 'do' things the more we increase entropy and speed the rate of our decline.

I won't experience something left by my legacy, not that it would matter any way. And the people affected by my legacy will carry the same curse of the flesh, as has every other person born on this planet.
Done it before, same deal. Feel good for a short while then desire something else.

>get a big dog or 4
>start hunting
>buy a huge truck
> be a dick to everyone
It works for me

>I refuse to explore it because it's all deluded denial
You don't know that.
Look around you - what other spiritual, cultural tradition has given you so much? If it is deluded denial, how in the world did it conquer and civilize the entire world? You are arguing for your darkness.

>Let he who wants to live, fight. Those who do not wish to fight, in this world of eternal struggle, does not deserve to live
Your choice user. Improve yourself; learn to silence your ego. Learn to meditate. Learn another language. Force yourself to smile; a fake smile releases the same amount of endorphins as a genuine smile

Build good relationships, be part of a community, have kids. And clean your room. A clean room is life's purpose.

The Iron Pill of self improvement.
Work Hard
Work Out
Clean Up
Maintain Hygiene
Read Often From Everything
Improve your life
Eat Right
Learn a Trade/Skill
Pick Up a New Language & Instrument
Start a Family
Raise Kids
Start a Business
Play Sports
Get Hobbies

And:
Don't spend ALL of your time on a Vietnamese Square Dancing Forum.

Just because a bunch of deluded people changed the world doesn't automatically mean their ideology is correct.

So... You are basically a hillbilly US 'Murican living in Leafistan?

You are exactly right. But in this case, their ideology is correct.

Live for cum in ass and gay sex

I like to think of my life as a constant story being unfolded. Of course it's pointless - but existence doesn't really have any intrinsic value.

Still no less entertaining to see what you can make of yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=5FELdBsixGg

you need to go deeper , within to find who you truly are to know what you truly want

school,work etc , are all facades , not the real you , just roles you were forced into,cast off your shackles and you will find what you are looking for

agreed OP, this is why we need automation completely

Can the godless find humility before their pleasures and material possessions run out? Find out next time on dragon ball z!

And how are they correct? Because the bible, written by a human, says they are? Whoa then I guess I'm converted.
There is nothing 'within', anyone who's said they've found something 'within' are just using a delusion to boost themselves for a while.

you're stuck in the neoliberal // late capitalist trap where our identity in society comes from our consumption. We're allowed three things in neoliberal hell: labor, consumption, hobbies. There is littler work in the traditional sense. you can't craft things with your hands and make an artifact. You just labor -- eat shit on a spreadsheet or whatever. Put the meat on the grill. So you're trapped. its hard to idenity with anything that doesnt invovle work on consumption. its hard to determine self worth without work or consumption. Trying to define yourself and your goals outside of the system we've been given is hard because you have to see the system first.

>life can't be lived without a purpose

Take it or leave it mate, the universe owes you nothing. At some point the universe itself will cease to exist, everything that was ever invented or created will be ultimately destroyed. You can use your time to enjoy life, or sacrifice yourself for a greater goal or whatever you fancy, if that's not enough for you then just suck start a revolver