Saiyuki RELOAD BLAST - 10

Somebody help the amnesia monkey.

Whoa, a thread. For you user I'm going to go watch the episode.

>there are still user making thread for this
Nice, thought I wouldnt see anymore threads about the series. I'm still watching this although I still got last week episode to go through. I see the manga has been picked up too, didnt read it though.

Damn thanks for the reminder. Had forgotten to watch last week's episode even though it had the glorious Sanzo shittalking moment.

>somebody help
the heavens must fall for that.

You are too kind.

So is Reload Blast starting from the start or what? Do the previous season's even happen in this timeline?

It's adapting what the name implies.

It's better if you're familiar with the previous entries, but there are a lot of flashbacks and Gaiden is thrown in as well, I don't even know what for.

Thanks for jogging my memory by mentioning it but last week's episode bothered me somewhat. When you're done with it let me know how you feel.

I thought having illusions guy, Nataku, and character death in the same episode was too busy. Nataku appearing didn't feel as big a deal as it should have despite keeping in comments. Illusions seemed like a pointless moment of reminiscing when it was that quick, and we'd had plenty of flashbacks already in this adaptation. And goddamn did Gojyo sound heartless the way his line came out near the end of it. We know he wouldn't be aware of the situation that just unfolded but the delivery could have been softer, I don't know, it was just so harsh being positioned like that. For the audience who's being made to sympathise with his brother it's like getting slapped suddenly. It's feeling like one of those times where they spent too long taking it slow on other parts and had to squeeze it together later down the line.

Ehehe.

Why is Goku a worm?

He is a rare and delicious tsuchinoko.

That's why I asked, I watched all the previous shows back when they aired but watching this felt like they wanted to get new people onto the whole thing since they bothered to elaborate on Goku's departure from heaven

This seems to be a better approach than, say, Fafner S2.

Yeah, start pleasing old men for cash.

I have to say I get endless amusement out of the idea of that gold card.

>inb4 hyperinflation hits

Years later and I still can't grasp their level of technology.

I'd like to think their world is a bit post-apocalyptic, with technological progress getting undone.

I don't think it's supposed to make sense anyway. I just like that dragons and credit cards manage to co-exist so well.

So a trap would be duty-bound for the rest of their days?

Seems the wargod homura arc got retconned, or it might've been filler to begin with, sure felt like it.
I'd imagine they could recognize a god's aura if it was still canon, yet they're seemingly not even considering the idea of a god coming to earth.

>monks kept credit card systems alive all this time
>"nah man, I can't be holding actual cash that'd be temptation, I'll just use card"

>fruit
Heh.

Is it me or is it unusual for subs to leave the world loli as is?

Other than lolicon that usually get translated to another term, standalone "loli" is pretty rare nowadays, at least for series I'm watching or seen.

*word
Fuck me.

I think Re:Creators used the term little girl at some point, but yeah, I suppose with a variety of flatchest insults at our command we don't need to say loli much outside of denoting lolicon.

Going further in the ep, the choice is explained by the differentiation later in their conversation. I don't know what other terms you could have used that'd still make sense without being obtuse. I wonder if they trust Saiyuki fans to be oldfags that don't need adaptation or just couldn't be bothered.

>spoilers
>It's feeling like one of those times where they spent too long taking it slow on other parts and had to squeeze it together later down the line.
Just finished the episode, I agree. But sanzo trashtalk was pretty awesome and the lil bro cries at the end of the episode was pretty moving but how the brother getting killed only made me go "okay".

Sanoz is a cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything is always good, yes. Today's ep is a strong reminder of how much he keeps things moving, never realised how thankful I was to have his grouchy ass.

I remember that scream of despair at the death impressed me, but a moment later I burst out laughing. You can feel there's meant to be more (emotionally) to it than how it turned out, though if you're thinking about how it was done while watching then the story's lost its grip on you. Presenting reasons to feel for a character so close to his demise is risky, and I think ended up making it too simple. I'm going to remember Gojyo's brother as 'that guy who fucking loves red heads' now.

I can't believe he was actually killed off. It feels bad to have my decade old favorite get knocked off so easily.

Decades of buildup,hiatus or whatever and it ended like that, I dont really follow it after dropping off the manga almost a decade or so ago but man, him getting off would sure be a "wut" moment for those who follows the series close.

>not yet bled
>already over 80 years into the job
Aint that some shit.

She needs to eat a sandwich.

I was expecting the word lolibaba for sure after the "80 years" scene.
>adult little girl
Cute voice.

No, we must use the word hag everywhere, because that's something normal people use in everyday conversation.

>go home everyone, nataku is here
Holographic old dude read my mind.

>money talk comes out
This reminds me of why I read this years ago, the banter is great.

How many episodes is this season? The pacing feels too slow to get something done in 12 episodes.

Saiyuki has a reboot? Holy shit how come I didnt hear about this?

>Read the manga when I was 11
>Thought sanzo was a girls because gojyo flirted with him

Did this get another show?

Damn, I haven't thought about this series in years

If it makes you feel any better he's traditionally played by a woman in other Journey to the West adaptations. I know when I was a kid and read the British translation of the story I used to think of Tripitaka as a virgin girl because of that.