The good type moon series is unknown in the west because it's not harem waifu shit

>the good type moon series is unknown in the west because it's not harem waifu shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBX-3jwH6MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ok

>good
>95% of each movie is just talking, walking and talking, or cuts between slow panning scenery shots.

>dialog his boring! where are my ki blast fights and panty shots?

Going by your claim Tsuki would be popular too.

Dialogue isn't bad though I do think it would have been better if there was more than that whether it was more action or something else. But the thing about the dialogue is it's hard to get into or fully follow if you aren't at least a little attuned with the Nasuverse, the rest of which -like the OP stated- is pretty shit. It was a prudent move on Nasu's part to publish KnK later on instead of as his debut work.

If only tomoe was the male lead

And your newfagass is trying to ruin it now? Fuck off

But Shiki is actually the male lead. Mikiya's the love interest.

KnK was chunni in a time when the west didn't care for it.

It literally is though? Everyone loves Mikiya.

I mean, they're not wrong to. He's perfect. But still.

>where are the waifus!!!

proving the point

Its pretty fucking bad desu. KnK 5 is an absolute masterpiece but thats the peak for them. 1-4 range from honestly very boring to mediocre but passable and 6 and 7 are okay but nowhere near as good as 5. It sucks cause I want to recommend 5 to people but I can't say if it's worth the slog through the first 4.

Why would you want something good to gain popularity with plebeians?

>dialogue written by a high schooler

>it isn't known in grorious nihongo for the same reason

well yeah, japs are the biggest waifu fags

No but it is Fate shit.

I'm actually interested in MahouYo, I wonder why it didn't get ufotabimated.

Just wait till the rate up

Part 5 was amazing. Nasu's best work definitely.

>Uguuu harem waifushit haha I said something smart!

i want to eat her strawberry ice-cream

What's wrong with that? Are you mad because it's better than everything you wrote in high school?

Ufo got lot's of things to do.

And this is true.

she looks better when portrayed as older

major is that you?

>unknown
>shiki is most popular character

>pic unrelated

>in the west

moron

>But the thing about the dialogue is it's hard to get into or fully follow if you aren't at least a little attuned with the Nasuverse
Not that user and I didn't even know Nasu wrote it when I first watched them. Outside of it being Ufotable, I wasn't really aware of the ties between KnK and the Nasuverse. You just have the attention span of a peanut.

It makes sense without knowing the other stuff but the story is more fleshed out when you are. especially with regard to stuff about magic

Because it didn't sell very well, and for the anime format I'm not sure how well it'd fit. Its mostly comfy SoL with some magic training until the Amusement Park battle/Blacklight Starbow, after that Soujuurou joined up with Alice and Aoko and it was comfy SoL again until the Touko/Fifth Magic chapter.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the series itself costing like 700 fucking dollars or more.

Don't give any bearing to that magazine poll.

Westerners hate haremshit.

Do you even know the meaning of "waifu" you motherfucker?

Except that's wrong. KnK is popular enough in the west that it played a role in getting more TM shit localized.

>it's not harem waifu shit
>Shiki

three in one is still one

It's worth it just to see best girl animated. Plus, people eat up comfy SoLs.

But all Shiki don't love Kokuto!

whatcha talkin bout willis

>all the animation Aoko has is 2 scenes and a background shot in CP, and a nonexistant anime
You think you know pain?

Are we talking about the anime or the novel? Assuming the latter, then I'm pretty sure KnK was his first work. It was re-published in 2004, but it was originally written in 1998.

>makes her eyes glow when using meodp

real fucking dumb decision considering it doesn't get the point across that she always sees it

KnK was his first published work. First actual Nasuverse work was Mahoyo in 1996, Takeuchi even had concept art done in 1997 as the first official piece of media related to Nasu's later works. Of course that was an unpublished novel, which is why the VN adaptation is the way it is.

It truly deserves an anime. It's the only corner of the Nasuverse that didn't get some kind of animation, which is ironic because it was the first.

>which is ironic because it was the first
It's appropriate, since Nasu's writing was beyond atrocious at the time.

MahoYo may have some 2deep4u lines that makes me roll my eyes but it's still better than 70% of the shit that gets animated every season.

>you are so mentally weak that you get moved by shit

fuck off

>mentally weak that you get moved by shit
Huh? Where the fuck did you get that from? Are we speaking the same language?

>everyone and their crossdressing friend wants Kokutou's dick

Sure it wasn't a harem, but could very well have become one.

>KnK
>unknown in the west

It deserves an anime, sure, but do you really want it to get an anime? Type-Moon haven't produced anything even half-decent since Zero.

You mean Fate?

You suck because fiction makes you feel things

Emiya and Tomoe are far too different from one another to be called the same person.

They looked similar and that's the joke

lowercase for nonserious text, mothafucking ass muncher

When did I ever talk about feelings? All I said was how laughable it is to say that something written by Kinoko Nasu of all people shouldn't get an anime because it's "atrocious". In a world where things like Big Order and Divine Gate exist.

>Type-Moon haven't produced anything even half-decent since Zero
I hate Miura as much as the next guy but UBW wasn't bad by any metric. Sure it wasn't perfect but it's equal to F/Z in quality if not better because at least it doesn't have Urobuchi's shitty dialogue.

>FSN, Zero and Tsukihime
>shit
Have a (you). The only bad Nasuverse stuff are the milking spinoffs.

Secondary detected, Zero was a milking spinoff, the LN's are so bloated and awful the anime adaption cuts half the scenes in half.

Not him, but I'll never get why people think we can't love both zero LN and fsn VN. They have both qualities. I like everything in the nasuverse and find that each work feel so much different that I can't choose a favorite.

>I like everything in the nasuverse
Somebody hasn't read Fragments of Blue and Silver or Fate/Labyrinth.

I'm glad it's not.

Fate was such a slog fest of "when does it get good?" because I had so many expectations from all the spoilers.

Tsukihime, I went in blind and found it to be far more engrossing and immersive because I had no expectations.

It might come off as "muh secret clubish" but I love that Tsuki isn't so well known.

>good type moon
wew

I admit I did not read those ones. How bad are they?

It's like reading fanfiction written by a Nasu stalker with a warped sense of reality, the characters literally spend half of their life cooking and eating food or discussing between themselves people cooking and eating food.

Oh and everything reads like the "this chair" scene in Tsuikhime.

Why are they eating food so much? What is the point? At least in the VN it helps worldbuilding and characterization...

God tier OST though:
youtube.com/watch?v=xBX-3jwH6MM

Jesus fucking Christ this is heavenly mystical.

> "at least it doesn't have Urobuchi's shitty dialogue."

elaborate

Urobuchi's writing may look good when you read it, but it sounds like a highschooler trying to imitate classic plays when it's characters talking in an anime. People don't talk like that and by that I mean cheesy lines a teen may think of as philosophical and deep. Just listen to the lines of Kirei, Tokiomi, Kayneth or Gilgamesh in their many, many conversations and/or monologues (half of the anime is people talking after all). Sure, Gilgamesh gets a pass because he's old (even though canonically Heroic Spirits should have contemporaneity knowledge and that should include the way of speaking). They'd be talking about something and suddenly one of them starts rambling about some abstract shit for 3 minutes like a chuuni writer's stream of consciousness. Kiritsugu was the only one who wasn't actively annoying and that's probably because he doesn't talk much.

>(even though canonically Heroic Spirits should have contemporaneity knowledge and that should include the way of speaking
Gilgamesh talks as he wants to.

I've heard similar arguments about Nasu's writing, while the western translation has given everything cool sounding names in Japanese It's actually really generic and the faux-symbolism found throughout the franchise went out of fashion before F/SN was even published.

I see, but there are plenty of good dialogs. Remember the king's banket or gilgamesh vs rider.

>Nasu vs Urobuchi console wars
pls god no not again

Those overly dramatic lines are good when they're used once or twice at major climactic scenes, it's their job in the first place. They just sound overbearing as fuck when it's two old guys talking in an office or in a church.

>>Nasu vs Urobuchi console wars
>pls god no not again
Oh? I'm unfamiliar with whatever your referring to, did I casually walk into that something bad?

>bad
Hardly. I just had enough of F/SN vs F/Z (Urobuchi vs Nasu) arguments.

>Those overly dramatic lines are good when they're used once or twice at major climactic scenes, it's their job in the first place. They just sound overbearing as fuck when it's two old guys talking in an office or in a church.
But, that's exactly the point. If lines are doing what they're meant to do, then it can be called good, isn't it? Nobody wants to hear that in an office!

> Tokiomi
snobby elitist Magus
> Kayneth
ditto

> I hate Miura as much as the next guy

isn't Miura being the evil overlord who ruined everything just a meme?

>Kirei, Tokiomi, Kayneth
You mean these pretentious assholes?

>I-It was on purpose
As a wise (but extremely gay) man once said "ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Even if they're pretentious, we shouldn't spend half of every episode listening to their pretentious conversations. Pretentiousness also doesn't justify the tell/show ratio. He has this habit in most of his works (Phantom, Madoka, Psycho-Pass).

Kirei isn't even pretentious lol

>Psycho-Pass
ye
> Madoka
no

What is that face trying to convey?

>Because it didn't sell very well
when will this meme end

It never will, It was released late, in a declining VN market, and people only say it sold low cause its TM. It did bloody fine for the market it had.

What's this about?

Chuuni with split personality disorder has a huge murder boner and some buddhist monk wants her for her perfect god vessel body.

The soundtrack was excellent though. The ghost fight in ch1 gives me shivers every time.

>tfw you listen to the KnK OST from time to time
I hope the OST for the HF movies is just as good.

Dialogues between Kirei and Gil, and Waver and Alexander were good. The banquet was poorly written for how much it twisted Saber's character to fit the scene and how biased it was towards Alex despite him having little to back his claims. Gil was mostly an observer, really. Just Butcher's usual shitting on traditional heroism. I think people gravitate towards the idea of several servants gathering for a debate rather than what was being said. Alex vs. Gil wasn't anything special. The lines were high minded rhetoric with no real substance.

Except Tomoe is proto-Shirou, what's with all lack of self-worth and secretly wanting to die.

Actually, most of KnK characters are protos of Fate characters.

Dirty red is love.

KnK is fucking garbage.

>Alex vs. Gil wasn't anything special. The lines were high minded rhetoric with no real substance.
Maybe you didn't feel anything but I really liked this scene.
>All dreams end when the dreamer awakes...
Even if it sounds bullshit, I liked it a lot put on the context.