Remember when he was the coolest character in the show?

Remember when he was the coolest character in the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5hsoVvrYVA
youtube.com/watch?v=G6FboEQRRsI&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then #18 broke his sword and he lost all his appeal

Even back then, he was too edgy for me; always thought the coolest was Goku, but now in super they are all idiots

My favorite was always Piccolo, but I'm black so that explains why

He turned into a pussy when androids appeared.
Then Cell completely embarrassed him and he stopped being relevant.

Piccolo was always the coolest.

If absolutely nothing else, he was better than his snot-nosed, shit-eating main timeline self.

He had the hardest life by a very wide margin.

>Super didn't even let him finally save his world

Its kind of amazing just how much of a better person Vegeta turned out to be over Goku.
>Realizes hes been a dick to his son while under the ULTIMATE DARK WIZARDS MIND CURSE
>Genuinely Loves his hot wife
>Lets TRAINING TO BEAT KAKAROT take a backseat to his next child being born.
>Vegeta, whos entire character is literally 40% prideful boasting, and 60% I MUST TRAIN TO SURPASS KAKAROT realized "Shit, I need to be there for my family"

Meanwhile Goku
>Lets his mortal enemies raise his son (To be fair, who outside of his family, Roshi and KrillIn DIDNT try t kill him at first?)
>Spends his childrens formative years dead, or training... or both.
>constantly bails on his hot before the Buu arc Wife
>will not hesitate to put the goddamn multiverse in danger for a fight.

But frieza's brother is cooler

BOO

No

After killing Freeza and his father he did absolutely nothing of relevance.

I thought he was cool in his introduction but I stopped caring about him after that.

Piccolo is really popular in Japan.

People always bring up Goku being dead for most of Gohan's life and Piccolo raising him but that shit was literally victim of circumstance. Both times he sacrificed himself so that the world wouldn't get fucking destroyed. He had to stay and train the first time he died so that Vegeta and Nappa wouldn't just run train on the planet.

The second time he actually just had to stay dead because he was revived once already.

Also to be fair, Goku giving the tournament idea ultimately saved people. Zen-chan was going to just erase the universes anyway but now at least one will survive.

Vegeta destroyed planets and ate people for fun and profit. Just because Vegeta wasn't dead for his child's life doesn't mean he's a better person than Goku.

He was pretty cool defeating Dabura.

Yeah, for a whole 2 episodes after he appeared.

It's not like zeno was going to erase universe 7.

He in fact doomed those universes too days of horrifying torture death and existential dread the likes of which they have never known.

He also didn't even seriously fight most of those universes that he defeated and he fucking laughed and joked as he fucking murdered untold billions of fucking beings.

Worse? He saved the utterly hated U6 dykes from losing because...some retard at toei thought they could get a few more shekkles out of them and they threw other universes that could have been used to make better fights and stories under the bus thereby weakening an already outright hated arc in the process just to play up these idiots.

At this point in time, Goku is the greatest and most monsterously evil being that DB has ever fucking seen and he has the single largest death toll in DB history.

Not a single solitary fucking thing can unfuck Super Goku and not even a HOLY GOOD SUPER FORM that just looks outright fucking stupid and like a cheap shit rip off of mystic gohan is going to fix this fuck up.

And why are we forced to watch more roshi, android, krillian and super gohan eps when piccolo vegeta and even frieza are more well liked?
Why hasn't piccolo gotten a super dragon ball upgrade or god ki yet? What's the reason?

No. This guy is cooler.

>Reminder that Vegeta was a shitty husband and father...
youtube.com/watch?v=J5hsoVvrYVA

thats freeza...

Remember when he became gay in super?

what is the best version and translation of dragon ball manga available? I want to read it from the beginning.

He looks pretty cool in DBFZ. Android 16 of all people looks to be the most fun, though.

Had a DBZ rewatch recently, first rewatch in almost 15 years. My conclusion is that Trunks was never as cool as I used to remember in the show. He makes stupid mistakes and just lacks the Saiyan edge that Goku/Vegeta/Gohan had. However his personality and character completely change in the movies, there the guy is a complete badass. So my guess is that most of the cool memories people have of Trunks is a mix of nostalgia and mixing the movies with the show. Other notable changes I noticed.
>The saiyans-are-evil trait is present since the SSJ introduction, and its constant.
>Even fucking Gohan shows ruthless behavior in SSJ, the only exception to the rule are Goten and Trunks.
>Piccolo is the only character in the whole show that got a win with ki-balls spam.
>Tien is the only character in the whole show who faced an enemy many, many times stronger than himself and still managed to hold his ground
>The memes are right, Yamcha was completely useless and achieved nothing.
>We never saw 18 fight all-out.
>Gohan didnt win the Kamehameha duel against Cell, the only reason he succeeded was because Vegeta interrupted Cell's cast.
>That kamehameha with Goku's ghost or whatever wasnt that much of an asspull, but still an asspull. It was stated to be a secret technique Goku taught Gohan in the time chamber, so Goku never aided Gohan in that showdown.
>Majin Vegeta wasnt a power boost, nor an attempt from Vegeta to awaken his old evil emotions. It was a proper excuse to lure Goku into a battle to death.
>SSJ3 is stronger and even more bullshit mode to what I used to remember. Its even stated to be a double edged sword for Goku.
>Dead Goku was always able to kill Buu anytime, but chose not to.

I miss kid gohan.

I still remember how I lost my shit the first time Trunks appeared. After all the shit that happened in Namek and all it took to defeat Freezer he was coming back and Goku was nowhere to be found. I was shaking, thinking he was gonna kill everybody. Then, this smug son of a bitch with a sword comes, slices all of Freezer's soldiers and taunts him. He turns into a FUCKING SUPER SAIYAN, (keep in mind that it was not like it is now that everybody can do that, only Goku did) and destroyes a stronger version of Freezer and his father in the coolest way possible. That is still one of my favorite moments of Dragon Ball. I was lucky enough to watch it under the right circumstances, without knowing who Trunks was or what was going to happen.
youtube.com/watch?v=G6FboEQRRsI&t=1s

Super ruined him

No.

Cause he never was. Future Trunks was, is and always will be garbage.

>The second time he actually just had to stay dead because he was revived once already.
Why didn't he just contact the namekians?

My nigga

I re-read the manga from Freezer vs Goku, and a lot of your points aren't true at all.
Otherwise I was shocked at how Krillin is such a cocky little faggot who's as useless as Yamcha but still talks shit about Hercule. Said Hercule who had the sheer balls to fight Cell, and then to bring 16's head to Gohan while this stupid cuck fleed.
And then Hercule tames fucking Buu himself and makes him a good person, spawning the good Buu who'll fight little Buu at the end. He also convinced everyone togive their Ki to Goku, who says he deserves to be called "champion of the Earth".
Meanwhile that faggot Krilin just hides and watches his mindless mail-order bride get fucked by Roshi.

Krillin did practically everything on namek up until vegeta saved them from the ginyu force. Imagine being stuck on a strange planet with the universes biggest tyrant and your only companions are a little brat and a nagging bitch. he pulled through like a champ

No, I don't remember being a bitch-nigga.

My niggas

I thought the "Piccolo was the `black guy` in DBZ" was a meme and you all went for Goku? Or am I wrong?

>Said Hercule who had the sheer balls to fight Cell, and then to bring 16's head to Gohan while this stupid cuck fleed.
Huh? Are you sure you aren't thinking about the anime? In the manga, Kuririn is knocked out after two hits from a Cell Jr right after the battle starts.

He had the best fashion sense in the series at least.

Poor Trunks.

I never thought Trunks was all that edgy. His main appeal was being a saiyan that's not a battle autist or a bitch.

How was he edgy? He was a sensitive momma's boy

Vegeta is the best character in DB period and it's fucking gay Toriyama has an autistic hateboner for him

> that ridiculously short denim jacket
> baggy af jeans

Vegeta's character development is pretty overrated and at parts outright inconsistent

Well sure, if you take super into account (though I'm not arguing that you shouldn't) but as far as DBZ goes, they were both heroes with their own unique strengths and faults. As for me I pretend super doesn't exist, just like gt

The Super manga has a stupid enough plot with gods and multiverses and whatnot, but the anime is such a horribly animated, impactless snore-fest that I wonder how the same animation studio that gave us DBZ could produce something so mediocre.

Z looked like shit half the time, Super looks like shit most of the time.
I don't know why people ever even bothered with the anime honestly.

He is the cutest

This. I love how he isn't stupid to let the enemy get stronger on purpose
Anons like to use words without knowing what is their meaning.

Goku does love his sons, he just expects them to be fully independent and self sufficient. In Z, he loved Gohan so much that he was overconfident that his son would be able to handle threats to Earth whenever he was gone.

>Carries a sword he got from???
>No no special properties
>Broke the second it came in contact with 18's arm
>Didn't even get a replacement in preparation to fight cell

What the fuck is the point?

The sword is a left over from an old idea Toriyama had for the Android saga.

>tfw finding out the music that plays when he transforms was plagiarized

But he was and he did, though. Couldn't stand up to daddy and didn't want to hurt his feelings during his tantrum. Only useful or event relevant thing trunks did was deliver Goku's medicine

not really no

which was?

Can you blame him? The Apocalypse turned Trunks into a picture perfect Japanese son who doesn't want to disappoint his father. Blame Future Bulma for smothering him too much with affection.

19 and 20 can absorb energy with their hands, so Trunks and Gohan had to learn to fight using a sword so they wouldn't have to touch the androids.

Trunks was happy because he had just met his dad who got killed when he was a baby in his timeline. Of course he wouldn't want to "hurt Vegeta's feelings".

Apocalypse or not, he still turned out to be a dumb bitch. Gohan didn't seem to retain the saiyan autism during that timeline and would prioritize Earth's safety before getting a headpat from papa, so Trunks has no excuse

Androids 19 and 20 were intended the be the main villains of the Saga, but that idea was scrapped because they weren't intimidating. The Cell Saga was pretty much Toriyama's editor daring him to make a scary looking villain.

Yeah, Gohan accomplished a lot by getting his arm cut off and then killed. And it's not like present Earth was fucked like future Earth.

His attitude during the Freeza and King Cold fight screamed of "Look how fucking edgy and badass and chuni I am holy shit", particularly in the anime.

that sounds like a cool idea, wish they had expanded more on that

Kekeke, I only have two fighters left. What am I going to do now? Beerus will outlast me! Please, send help. Kekeke.

Not being able to follow something doesn't make it bad, Retard-kun.

That's because Goku, Piccolo, and Chi Chi taught Gohan to be independent and self sufficient. Since he came from a family of country bumpkins, Gohan couldn't afford to be a bitch. He had Chi Chi handling the education while Goku or Piccolo did the physical training.

Gohan was killed because he was weak, not because of daddy issues. And present Earth was on the verge of being fucked, the point is that all trunks could contribute was being a delivery boy

Gohan in the future was strong enough to fight the androids. He had no sense of battle tactics and lacks the techniques to gain an advantage over the androids and over relied on Brute Force.

This right here. I still remember all the kids at school discussing this. We all had our colective minds blown away

>He had no sense of battle tactics and lacks the techniques to gain an advantage over the androids and over relied on Brute Force.
Just like Gohan in the present.

Gohan in the future at least knew his father before he died from a heart disease. Trunks had NEVER met his father before, it's obvious that he would be conflicted about what he had to do. They are in complete different situations.

That much I understand, but I'm saying he still let the enemy get stronger on purpose. If you want to argue that it was because of emotional conflict and not by being a battle-autist, then yeah, I'll give you that much, it is a less stupid reason

As in?
Complaining that a characters was easily destroying the oponnents while not even trying in Dragonball is fucking retarded. Every single character is edgy then

remember when they used trunks to reinforce the power gap between a super saiyan and freeza's final form?

remember when freeza was literally one-shot-able, but the androids could rape multiple super saiyans at a time?
i liked the powerscaling back then

it actually made cell scary.

the show should have ended with goku and cell self destructing and never having the stupid beamwar

cell coming back (as perfect cell w/ a zenkai boost AND instant transmision) is the actual moment DBZ jumped the shark

first thing he does is blow a hole in trunks, reflecting how all the work they put into building a story this arc is bullshit

That entire saga went to shit after cell was introduced.

If you were in a fight with a galactic tyrant and knew you could 100% win you'd be confident as fuck too.

he knows goku was an even bigger mary sue than himself and he pussyfooted around and didn't want to kill frieza

>"you're about to find out what it's like to fight a REAL super saiyan"

and then he actually kills him as intended

also if you fought and lost to the androids on a regular basis and took a vacation back to a time where some low level cyborg is the biggest threat to the planet you would get cocky too

he hasn't had a win his entire life up to that point of course it went to his head a little bit

isnt trunks gay?

Nope.

how do you know though?

Gay men don't chew senzu beans and shove it down their girlfriend's throat using their tongues.

How would you know that unless you are gay yourself? You don't know that, fags do weird shit

>remember when they used trunks to reinforce the power gap between a super saiyan and freeza's final form?

except they didn't lol
Freeza was suppressed the whole time

Piccolo's my favorite too. I really dislike what became of him when it was revealed that he wasn't actually a demon and there was a whole planet of things like him though. He lost a lot of his uniqueness due to that. With all the merging that came later, he's not really the same character anymore either. Plus he only ever seems to serve as a body shield for Gohan now.

I wish he got to be Goku's rival instead of Vegeta. Goku Vs Piccolo is one of the best and closest fights of the franchise.

But Universe 7 WAS going to be erased, they had the second lowest mortal level

He didn't do that when he gave Krillin a senzu.

>It's amazing how much more character development Vegeta got over Goku
FTFY

Weird but I thought that scene was hot. It made me wish I were Mai_____.

Krillin is not a handsome man.

>Edgy
Everybody he ever loved, except for his mom, died in his timeline.
>Chuuni
He actually has powers, he's not pretending.
Are you retarded? Or you can't express anything without wrongly using buzzwords you read on the internet?

It's easier to spout random buzzwords instead of making an actual argument.

So you have no argument. Trunks is the definition of an edgy coldsteel character when he shows up to fight Freeza. Constantly smirking while cutting people apart with his sword, which I'm surprised wasn't a fucking katana, does the stupid arm flail thing for absolutely no reason when he uses Burning Attack, then literally slices Freeza to pieces before blowing him to ashes just to solidify how cool and badass he is. Then he lets King Cold use his sword, still with that trademark smirk in place, blocks the blade with his hand STILL FUCKING SMIRKING, and blows a hole through him.

Eat shit and die, you self-inserting Trunksfag turbocuck. He was edgy as shit. Deal with it and shut the fuck up like a good little bitch.

That sounds hot.
If I were to watch Super without having watched any other DB series, would I understand it?

I loved Future Trunks and his no-nonsense attitude compared to the rest of the cast. Suffered through shit and finally got his revenge on the androids. His character introduction was the most amazing thing watching it back then.

Kek

>That sounds hot
They don't actually show it because it's a Sunday morning anime for kids, but it's obvious he is doing that.

>If I were to watch Super without having watched any other DB series, would I understand it?
Yes but I don't recommend doing this. The only reason people even watch and read Super is because of the original series.

Holy shit, checked. I guess Yugi's favorite character is Piccolo, too.