Ouran High School Host Club

>Not gay, she just doesn't care about looks, only cares about personality.
>too poor to afford the girls uniform, so she gets the boys one instead.
>cuts her hair short before transferring to her new school.
>Everyone thinks she is a guy.
>Doesn't care, just roles with it.

Damn, Haruhi is awesome with how little fucks she gives.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Azn8gsKnulM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the ending of the manga was perfect.

please refresh me, its been many years since ive read it.

She is a prime quality waifu for true connoisseurs
Also nice quints

>Haruhi wins a scholarship to america
>thinks she will leave the club behind
>Tamaki actually follow her
>cute couple living together but without friends
>the club secretly follows them to america too

on the extras they show Haruhi and Tamaki getting married and explain some of the thing the other do with their lives.

Mori is the first, of all people, to know about Haruhi getting pregnant.

I like how this show/manga more about friendship than anything, it's really sweet.

>77777
numbers of absolute truth. no other shojou can tops it on my list.

>extras
i think i miss it.

Sometimes romance should be left on a second plane in this type of thing, yes it can be there and slowly develop; focus on develop, no letting it rot there until the end; but still have fun interaction with all the other characters.

>dem digits

Reverse traps confirmed for patrician

i like how they played the overpower/rich guys as a joke, it just works.

Haruhi had the personality of a guy and all of the dudes had the personalities of shoujo girls.

I want Haruhi and Mamiya Sakura to become flat, straight talking friends.

perfect

Any other anime that light-heartily makes fun of the protagonists poverty?

>Damn, Haruhi is awesome with how little fucks she gives.

Well yeah, it is a badass manly anime.

Haruhi is CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

>the club secretly follows them to america too
>that scene when Tamaki and Haruhi are gonna get freaky and the club comes to "introduce themselves as their neighbors"
Fucking gay secondary characters

>gender-nonconforming character in old anime
>"It's cool how she doesn't care about gender roles!"
If Ouran came out now, it would be barraged with shit from people screaming LE EVIL SJW QUEER PROPAGANDA

Tom boys are a thing.

Haruhi would have eventually turned into a tsundere if this came out now, plus Mori and that shota would literally be gay for each other.

Sure, by some Sup Forums mongs. But who gives a shit about them?

The dudes were parodies of shoujo MCs' love interests (except maybe Honey)
Kaichou wa maid-sama is pretty similar in many aspects (girl MC works at maid cafe that is used very similarly to the host club, just with male clientele and female workers instead), the MC is dirt poor and her love interest is basically a hotter version of Tamaki from Ouran

This series was great, the author hasn't really done anything notable since though, right? Just something about vampire/werewolf and some other things that weren't as great.

I do, because I agree, fucking leftist scum. Women should look like women, and act like women, and men should act like men, and look like men.

>Takumi hotter than Tamaki

I hope you die in a thousand fires.

Kaichou wa maid sama started out great but turned into absolute garbage when the MC got all tsundere for blond guy.

>what's the time, MC?
>b-baka!! Stop making fun of me im a stronk independat womyn!!!!

please dont bring Sup Forums shit here

If you had a dad like hers, you'd stop giving a fuck too.

>I just started reading Maid

please tell me is just for a short while, I dont want to dropped it, I am trying to get into shoujo but everthing I find is shit.

Nice bait.

I'm glad we have a brave example of manliness from an anonymous poster on an internet anime image board to show us the way to living life the ideal way.

They will be gay for eachother if the price is right. Pay for gay.

shits boring yo

Tamaki is great but he's too much of a loveable goof
Takumi doesnt have that cry-baby side to him and is thus the hotness, plus he actually gets aggressive while Tamaki gets flustered like a school girl with Haruhi
Manga is better Tbh
Misaki and Takumi become a couple right after the anime ends

but Kaichou wa maid-sama was shit.

this

If you want some good Shoujo, go Ore Monogatari.

The MC isn't a femboy and the main characters have a mutual attraction to one another. plus they don't beat around the bush.

seconded, best romance anime

I'm gonna be straight with you (in a thread about an admittedly gay show, but still)... I haven't seen Kaichou yet. I know of it and I plan to watch it some day because I do like the main girl... but that guy just seems like a huge douche, and there's no way he has anything on my man Tamaki.

Tama may have a cute side, but he also has the smoothe side too... making him perfect, because he has even more going for him.

Nothing you say about this shitty series can save it. The only thing that was good about it is how Misaki was different from your tyipical shoujo bitch as in she didnt give a fuck about pretty boy cliche no. 1636733. Then he starts whispering sweet lovings into her ear and she's a tsunderish mess, the worst part is that every interaction of them is the same, shitty cliche stuff.

ok, I will check it out.

what I get myself into? is this for real? probably should dropped before I got to that part.

Its a really shame we didn't get an epilogue that involved marriage/kids. cause i want to see want to see if their kids will be mini-mes or amazons.

If you're not a 14 y/o Twilight fangirl its below your level of intellect. In fact i'm even mad at it because when it came out it was so popular that bishonen guys turning strong main girls into a pile of goop suddenly became a huge thing and it degraded Shoujo as a whole.

Just saying, Takumi is the better boy
And I didnt mind the tsundere, all the fun is in how Misaki slowly gives more and more ground to Takumi as she comes to accept her feelings for him. The series isnt long but there's a clear progression to her character
They're really carbon copies though, down to their back stories. Just replace Tamaki's french bourgeoisie with Takumi's english nobility
The only difference is Tamaki is over the top and played for laughs, while Takumi is a serious character made to be fawned over, but they're the same archetype

>The dudes were parodies of shoujo MCs' love interests (except maybe Honey)
The episode where the fujo tried to change the hosts's personas so they would be all DARK and TORTURED was hilarious as fuck

is really sad when everybody starts doing clones of a serie, even if the original serie is good, all the shit quiality copies will make you hate the thing that made the original fun and to stand out, specially when the pandering creeps into it.

That doesn't mean Tamaki isn't better. There are tons of characters that are the same archetype, but they're not all equal. Some iterations of an archetype are better made than others.

I'll reserve my judgement on Takumi in general until I watch the show... but Tamaki has managed to be the best romantic male character to date in my book. I don't see anyone topping that any time soon.

No, if the original is good, you remember it for being the best and all of the other copies as just copies.
If
In this case, the original was utter shit, and the epidemic spread like fucking ebola

Can't find the slightly updated version but here you go, man.

>The only difference is Tamaki is over the top and played for laughs
It just works. When the "over the top" archetype plays seriously, it feels bad and doesn't make sense.

>In this case, the original was utter shit, and the epidemic spread like fucking ebola

just like what with happen Infinite Stratos

oh nice, any recommendations on which one to start with? I already got one here.

Is this a general shojo thread.
Currently watching Nozaki-kun, I love it. The OST is great too, it reminds me of Karekano.

I also recommend you everything from Sakisaka Io, EXCEPT for her latest manga because shen went full retard and it's now going in fucking circles. Her past works are all great, though.

Don't forget every girl in the school finally found out Haruhi's a girl.

Nozaki-kun is not a shoujo

Machida-kun no Sekai and Palace Meidi are great if you're looking for male MCs in shoujo manga. Pic related is nice too if you want a cute short series.

fug

Ore Monogatari has such a perfect and adorable romance it might ruin some of the other series for you, plus it being recent some scenes look absolutely gorgeous. Definitely worth watching
There's a lot of essentials in that list but I'd definitely suggest getting on Nodame Cantabile if you haven't seen it, otherwise you can start with classics like Fruits Basket, Kare Kano, Kimi ni Todoke, etc

Do good Shoujo from a guy's POV exist in this world?

I liked Banana Fish, Otomen and Natsume. Ore Monogatari too but that was already mentioned. There are way more but those are the ones off the top of my head right now

See

Banana Fish is Yaoi, friendo

Was published in Betsucomi, which is a shoujo magazine. It has some BL elements but it's not considered one

Nozaki-kun is great. It was one of those shows were every character is likeable and the quality is consistent all through out. Though it was less romance and more daily-life-of-a-mangaka kind of thing. At least in the anime.

>Initially thought when Tamaki and Haruhi hooked up I'd be pissed due to how predictable it'd be
>Ended up enjoying every minute of it
Haruhi thinking she had a cold and then realizing from Mei's magazine it was love was so great. She even gets upset by the shojo flowers.

Mei was a pretty cool side character too, wish the anime would have continued for more of her. Her and Kasanoda were suprisingly cute together too, would have liked more of them.

No a shoujo, but I am expecting this from Kaguya-sama

Princess Jellyfish, anyone?

Not anime but manga, Yamada Taro Monogatari
Handsome guy, secretly poor shenanigans. Misunderstandings everywhere.

Rival character turned into a gag character who slowly developed a crush on the protag, if you are into that sort of thing.
Sadly never finished translating.

his best friend needs hired help, neglects to say for a maid spot
mc is great at housework, win's over stern grandpa's love, he wants mc to be part of his family

Read oresama teacher.

Don't worry, I still remember the crossdresser and Tequila!

I miss Ouran, it is one of those sweet things that manage to always be funny.

And this was the perfect ending.

>cuts her hair short before transferring to her new school.
I thought that was because a kid put gum in her hair though. Or was that another shoujo?

>seigi no mikata
>last update 714 days ago
>scan group is ded

Such a good josei too. I have some of the raw scans but can't translate at all.

Updates NEVER

> They literally though she was a crossdressing homo at the end

Boggles the mind...

That was this one.

Though it's kind of weird that she cut it SO short, pretty sure in the manga/anime the gum was only in the middle of her hair, she could have just as easily gotten a bob cut or something. Though could be she just couldn't be fucked like with everything else and just sheared it off.

What happened with Glass Mask anyway? Did it end? The scans just kind of stopped.

It's already finished and fully translated, man

I miss "BADASS MANLY"

there was another one right?

She cut her hair because some little kid put chewing gum on it.

OP song and especially ED song are great.

>raw scans
Do you mind sharing them? Love the manga as well.

I really recommend Warau Kanoko-sama and it's sequel, Koi dano Ai dano. Both have been fully translated too. Might be my favorite shoujo from those I've completed.

Teehee

He also did Marimite and Ristorante Paradiso iirc

muh dikk

Yeah, this might be the reason why the shoujo genre feels so stale, it's either: the couple hooks up in the beggining and the series becomes stale with misunderstandings and smallsteps or the couple hooks up at the end after a series of misunderstandings and making whatever excuse for them not to hook up before the end.

I wish Bones adapted Oresama Teacher in the same vein, up to the fun soundtrack.

Where? The Goddess is missing chapter 82.

The latter point makes it even more stale. Misunderstandings I can handle, but I can't pretend that couple is a couple at the end if they've only just gotten together.

What we really need in romance is the main couple out of their honeymoon phase once the getting together is done. Even when drama ensues it still feels like they don't take anything seriously, especially in love triangles

She and her dad love each other, but her dad is probably why she doesn't care about looks or gender norms.

Good show, I love it's intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=Azn8gsKnulM

>shoujo MC
>almost gets raped by the love interest
>it's ok because he is hot and had a "dark" past

>it's ok because he is hot
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, most dudes wouldn't complain about a hot enough chick raping them.

this honestly
rape is okay as long as it's consensual

Ao no Exorcist