Kemono Friends - Touhou Reborn?

With the immense amount of KF artwork being posted daily, what are the chances KF surpasses even Touhou in meme power?

a thread died for tis

ask /jp/ or something

Probably would be flamed harder than asking here.

Here, have some tanoshii~

Surpassing Touhou as it is now? Pretty unlikely. Surpassing Touhou's legacy? Actually impossible.

Define what need to be surpasses first.
I'm sure Touhou didn't save zoo or raised nationalism against north korea.

more like MLP reborn

>meme power
I am disgusted and all my tanoshability is gone.
And if KanColle didn't do it, I doubt KemoFure will do it either. 2hu is still stronk.

I thought that was some kind of sandworm when I looked at the thumbnail.

Not counting 95-canon, Touhou took 8 years to become #1
It took KF les than a year to be more important that N. Korean missile threat. It is still not number 1-50 but holyshit. It just needs to keep its pace and in 3-4 years, Touhou would be below it

What a majestic creature.

Absolutely zero. I love Kemono Friends but you are greatly underestimating the power of Touhou.

Personally, I don't care whether it is #1 or not.
The fact that it triggers the fuck out of all of Sup Forums is all I need to devote all my life into it as an act of gratitude

>MLP
Lauren Faust's pastel ponies will never be so important that national TV station will keep broadcasting it through major breaking news.

>3-4 years, Touhou would be below it
Same argument made for Kancolle. Look how it went now. Mobage craze isn't helping too.

It's ok to give up when there's nothing to discuss, friends.

Awful thread OP.

Touhou came during the internet boom with otaku growing alongside as they discover memes along with the franchise

Along the way tons of other franchises tried to cash in on the themed girls genre (Steike Witches, Senran Kagura, Kantai Collection), including this one when it was only a mobile game

But ultimately it took a good anime to coincide with the adulthood and sometimes parenthood of those otaku to bring them in a trip to memory lane where everything is simple and fun

KF keeping its current pace is quite unrealistic.
Also, Touhou took 8 years to get to the top because the vast majority of the work was done by one guy in a doujin setting. It didn't have the backing of Kadokawa and was only a set of games/music, rather than a game, manga, and anime. 2hu and KF are far too different in how they are produced to compare the timelines of their popularity.

Kancolle was a waifu simulator without any lore in it. Not even the characters have any background history. No effort at all

KF lore shares the same lore as Touhou and Pokemon
>cheery and easy going lifestyle while cleverly hiding all the grisly history on the background

KF was made by 10 people and reached the world trending in 12 episodes
I don't really care about its overall rank - it already won by blewing everyones mind

I've given some good thought to this possibility, I think the hatred for MLP is the fan base (bronies). Otherwise its just some kids show on American television. KF fans hide their powerlevel like most Anime fans.

Kemono Friends sits in a weird place where it originally aired during a late night time-slot and was meant to air once and fade away into the memory hole of crap anime.

Turns out because of several factors (creative control) the director was able to gain that all ages aspect I call the "Pixar Effect". Most Pixar movies can be enjoyed by the whole family, with jokes the adults get and fun for the kids.

I'm waiting for the english dub (as much as I dislike them) so my Niece(3) and I can tanoshii~ together.

When will a monolith descend upon the park?

The Four Gods already looked pretty monolith-ish.

I kinda see what you mean

>KF was made by 10 people and reached the world trending in 12 episodes
The anime was made by 10 people. But only if you don't count the VAs, the numerous people working on it who weren't part of the core team, the producers and advertisers. All of that is ignoring that KF isn't just the anime, though.

Don't get me wrong. What KF did is amazing and unexpected, but it doesn't compare to what Touhou achieved, and it never will. You simply can't compare the accomplishments of a multimedia franchise developed and produced by several different companies from the get-go with a doujin game series largely made by a single person.

Are you refering to the individual financial gains or just cultural impact?

Cause Kancolle earns more money than ZuN. Touhou is just more iconic. KF is an even match to it if judging by the sudden cultural shift

It triggers MAL

already descended somewhere else to uplift the pengis

How can that be a goat when it's clearly a horse?

No way it will surpass Touhou. Nothing can beat its legacy. I just want KF to live a lot.

Gross! Squash it!

That's a cerulean.
Was Aardwolf not enough to tell you not to touch it?

Did part two of the thoroughbred episode come out?

>Dose tight ears

I'll never forget what Grape-kun meant to us

kemono is reclining

I don't get why some Sup Forumsnons feel the need to compare KF to 2hu or Kancolle as they have their own spots of unexpected accomplishment. I don't know much about 2hu and Kancolle, but please keep those series away from KF, unless it's some cute crossover fanarts.

I'm talking the cultural effect. Even if KF manages to "match" the effect Touhou has had, it still won't be nearly as impressive because it has had substantial backing behind it from the start.

However, it's also pretty important that you point out that KF's effect was quite sudden. Touhou has been a cultural phenomenon for about 15 years. At this point, it's impossible to tell if KF will have anywhere near that lasting power.

A perfect body for JAVs

This ZUN and Tatsuki are friend irl.
They don't care who's richer.

A collab between the two sounds more likely

>because it has had substantial backing behind it
what exactly? a cancelled manga? a shitty cancelled game?

>wake up
>this bait still exists
>go make breakfast smiling because somewhere, one poor little salesfag is still completely assblasted that he's not onboard the train of the best animated masterpiece in a decade

what the fuck nigro
i was talking about how KF didn't have any backing of any type unlike what the other fag said.
faggot.

None.

Nope, 2hu is way too stronger
Maybe in japan, iirc they even have a way to name-insult KF fans there, kemobure or something like that, but I don't think KF will ever have the same impact on the west that MLP had, maybe it's looks like something big here on Sup Forums, but outside it's pretty niche.

That's still all professionally-made media by big companies with advertising and everything behind it as opposed to something made by one guy in his garage.

So. Assblasted. Mmmm

It is backed by Kadokawa and various other producers. The amount of money poured into KF for the development of its various media absolutely dwarfs Touhou. Just because the game and manga were shit does not somehow mean that KF is suddenly on the same level as a doujin work.

>This ZUN and Tatsuki are friend irl.
Where did you hear that?

Last I heard, Kemono Friends broke 200k volumes sold by end of May. I wonder how far is it from 300k right now.

Fucking willy wanker

You are correct that Touhou was made by a single person but at the same time you are wrong. Half of Touhou fans does not even play the game - half of those does care about finishing it.
And all of them does not respect ZUN's writing. All that ZUN does is create new games and introduce new characters. Then, all world building and plotlines falls on the community.

Just look at how he introduced Rinnosuke just for the sake of making het paringsm - the fans retaliated by ignoring the fuck out of him.

Kancolle and KF are smaller in terms of cultural power but at least its creators are well respected and canonity is held in high regards

This kills the serval

Too lewd!

The app broke Minecraft records. BD sales does not apply anymore

And that was just the alarm app, wasn't it? I wonder what will happen when that Pavillion thing comes out.

But KanColle's backstory is already in the history textbooks.

Dumb people love comparing everything.

>Just look at how he introduced Rinnosuke just for the sake of making het paringsm
I'm pretty sure he introduced him simply because he wanted a shopkeeper in the written books, but whatever makes you feel better. There's a Gensokyo for everyone after all.
blacktewi.jpg

Just because some of the fans, in some cases the majority of fans, intentionally misinterpret the characters does not mean that they are in charge of the world building and plotlines. Your post feels like you really don't know that much about Touhou and are just spewing nonsense. It funny that you mention Rinnosuke yet fail to recognize the influence the manga and other official written works have on Touhou's world development.

I don't know anything about Kancolle, but KF already has plenty of people who prefer memetic interpretations of the characters over their official depictions. Just look at poor Jaguar or how stupidly popular a non-character like the slug is.

Crying Serval is so cute!

What happened to Grape? I haven't been following these threads for a while so I missed when they took the cutout away. Anything happen since then?

It's just the flavour of the season. People will move on in a month or so. Season 2 threads will be comfy but sadly sort of barren. Think like NNB Repeat threads in terms of activity. Japan will slow down too and embrace whatever the next big thing is.

KF is popular but it doesn't have staying power.

Would you do Serval's ear?

Pretty sure people have been saying that since February.

They didn't take his cutout away. He still has it. He's molted recently, but other than that seems to be fine.

Here is another scanlated page this time from GB Vol.2.

I really want to see if Serval can go into Cerval mode come to think of it.

>Friends changing into Ceruleans increase unified fighting spirit of friends.
Am I reading it right? That's really weird.

I'm trying to read the original Japanese and it seems pretty awkward even in its original form.

for the context yes you're reading it right
for the weird wording there are multiple instances across every guidebook where it becomes...strange and awkward.
even for the title box for the four gods there was 2 ways it could've been translated.

None, just ask Kancolle
This will likely be forgotten in 2020

Well, the gods could shapeshift because they're entirely Kemonoplasm/Sandstar/whatever is what I heard. So unlikely.

There's Tsuchinoko who's also mostly Kemonoplasm and then Kaban's made of mere hair strands instead of being some living animal. Does that mean a friend can go Cerulean mode if they are made of mostly Kemonoplasm?

It seems logical that the origin of the friend has to do with their Kemonoplasm %, rather than it being strict based on their status. It's a fun idea to have.

I wonder how the anime's Four God monoliths tie into the game's Four God friends. The early idea shown in the guidebook and museum exhibit was that to stop "Cerulium" from escaping the volcano Cerval and the Four Gods sacrificed themselves to form a filter, Cerval becoming crystallized and the Four Gods returned to statues, which then crumbled. But a lot of that contradicts what the anime shows, not only are the Four Gods now monoliths, but Cerval is nowhere to be seen and probably most importantly especially the nature of the substance being filtered is completely different: "Cerulium" was said to be an anti-life force that drains the life out of living things, Sandstar Raw doesn't seem to do anything like that in the anime as several characters were exposed to it with no ill effects. All we know is that it creates realy big, really strong Ceruleans.

And Kaban was Caban.

It's Rashomon plot. Don't trust anything, even anime.

Where's the sandworm friend?

People's still like this shit? I'm dropped it half way of the first episode because of the shit cgi
even FAGs has a better cgi than this

Funny thing, Grape got NTRd before falling in love with 2D.

i cant wait for season 2 where kaban goes full cerulean to save her friends

>canonity is held in high regards

Who knows? Perhaps there is good content in the 11.5 episodes you didn't see?

Second half of episode 2 through episode 4 is where it starts to pick up.

will you survive the cerulean apocalypse or will mankind go extinct for real?

>cerulean apocalypse
The Friends are the disaster to the nature.

>Even animals have NTR
I don't want a slut as a friend.