First few seconds of the new Jaden Smith Netflix Anime:

First few seconds of the new Jaden Smith Netflix Anime:

twitter.com/arzE/status/905141569308704768?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.thefader.com/2017/09/05/ezra-koenig-jaden-smith-neo-yokio-anime-netflix

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/arzE/status/905131188175519744
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796418158.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796537316.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796617774.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796734110.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796856434.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796953576.webm
youtu.be/3JcmQONgXJM
youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Produced by Studio Deen and Production IG:

twitter.com/arzE/status/905131188175519744

So this is what happens when anime goes "mainstream" is it?

I don't like it.

anime is dead

Oh man, I can't wait til this dumb kid grows up and realizes all the dumb shit he di-
>19 years old
He's on this site isn't he

>Literal gangsta anime
>Politically correct
Is that an JoJo reference?

I could've lived perfectly fine without knowing this existed. Fuck you.

How many normalfags do you think watched LWA on Netflix? Anime is mainstream already.

What's it about ?

>All those wonderful backdrops wasted on this show

>that deviantart-level character design
I'm pirating this for laughs

He probably only browses /h/ and lurks in shounen threads.

Release Date is pretty soon.

Kid with the pink hair is the MC and he is a demon slayer who lives in neo yokio or something like that.

Is it just me, or does it look kind of Canadian?

I really hope that they give him these studios' D-team, not their A, B, or even C-teams, but their bottom of the barrel dreg team that's probably made up of part-timer NEETs and high-school dropouts who don't want to do any work.

We saw the signs already since Code Lyoko got off the ground. That was the warning bell. France at least produced something good with Miraculous Ladybug.

This shit is a cartoon, not an anime, faggot.

Hahaha.

No seriously whats it about?

It sounds like they didn't really have an idea for an anime, but just wanted to make an anime for the sake of making an anime.

That sounds a lot like something Jaden Smith is involved in, yeah.

I hope so to. Nobody expects anything good from IG or DEEN. Their reputations won't be hurt at all if it turns out like ass, they can just say "yeah, the budget we got from Jaden wasn't high enough so we had to try our best with what we had." And, if it fails, then it'll discourage other "ironic weeb" retards from trying to pull the same shit.

Fucking niggers I swear to god

I don't believe that Jaden Smith had the ability in the least to persuade or cajole or convince or even get close to Netflix or the most general of production execs to pitch this idea.

Do we have to blame Will Smith for this? I cannot believe he would put in this much effort just to give his son a vanity project.

IG DOES have a history of doing odd overseas projects. They did IGPX for Cartoon Network, and that was fairly good as a series (albeit it was the plot that habitually shit on itself). It could just be a money thing on their part ("you pay us we animate your POS whatever").

DEEN I'm not so sure. Hopefully they're spearheading the project so it can remain as shit.

Holy shit

>Do we have to blame Will Smith for this? I cannot believe he would put in this much effort just to give his son a vanity project.
Of course, he'll be a lead on one of Netflix's new shows he obviously crammed that his son should get something as well on his contract.

>Western source
>Western VAs
>Western artstyle
Not an anime.

>inb4 people whining about how anything animated by a japanese studio is anime

>it'll discourage other "ironic weeb" retards from trying to pull the same shit.
It didn't persuade that crazy Canadian guy who made Code Lyoko/Oban Star Racers and the giant clusterfuck hope that was Basquash!. He did have a part in Space Dandy though, but that still canned in sales.

Existence of this thing doesn't affect me in any way but still deep down I feel sadness and disgust.

Genuinely thought it was Boondocks at first.

this is what happens when spoiled rich kids get allowed to have vanity projects

These are your anime producers for tonight, say something nice about them!

Yeah, this sort of thing ain't new.

Remember years back when Gene Simmons' son got called out for more or less panel for panel tracing Bleach and calling it his own "homage" comic?

Anime is saved!

>I cannot believe he would put in this much effort just to give his son a vanity project.
Did you forget about After Earth?

A few webms with content:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796418158.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796537316.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796617774.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796734110.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796856434.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504796953576.webm

Looks like Demon Slayer Jaden Smith has his own Mecha and fights to get his gf back if the anime's instagram is trustworthy.

No, that stayed in my mind because I was hoping he learned his lesson from it and would stop pushing big media projects for his son.

I was wrong. Deathly wrong. I legitimately thought Will Smith was a smarter man than to continue such things.

Can't wait this is going to be fun one way or another.

What the fuck

That mecha design is shit. At least it definitely looks like they put at least the C team on it.

>Nick Weidenfeld is serving as writer and executive producer
80% certain that's the same guy who worked on Animation Domination at Fox

Nigga, you can't be serious? Are you going to give it view counts just to be ironic about it or shitpost on Sup Forums?

Burn Netflix to the ground, What the fuck is this cancer.

wow it's like 2 fps

This. I don't know why Sup Forums even cares. Aside from technicalities is no more anime then teen titans or Puffy AmiYumi.

Incarnate 2.0 -Big budget edition.

Not him, but if I see any threads about it on here I'm going to be shitposting the hell out of them so that they hit autosage faster.

We had this discussion in the last thread already, this is anime.

>Cast includes Jaden Smith, Susan Sarandon, Jude Law, Tavi Gevinson, Jason Schwartzman, Desus & Mero, Richard Ayoade, Ike Barinholtz, Steve Buscemi, Alexa Chung, Stephen Fry, Katy Mixon, Annet Mahendru, Kiernan Shipka, Willow Smith, and Amanda Stenberg.
What the fuck how much are they paying Steve and Jude

That is exactly what I am going to do.

Admittedly I wouldn't put too much stock in judging the product based on these clips. They look like pre-production concepts that are cleaned and gussied-up later for any serious production (unless we're talking CABBAGE-tier quality).
A good point of this is that Jaden is probably pressing hype for this project so early that it will hopefully be forgotten by the time it releases.

Sup Forums doesn't care - that is to say, Sup Forums doesn't like it.
However, we've been flooded with too many newfags who think that this IS anime just because Jaden Smith says so, and they're all becoming obvious right now. It's a litmus test issue on whether you belong here or not.

This looks more like some shitty 90s anime.

rich people have no shame

You're doing the work that many Anons should be doing. Godspeed.

No, you just pushed your view for the whole thread without convincing anybody.

It's coming out this month, dude.

>so early
It's going to come out on the 22nd

Why do you betray what we love, user? View counts will feed more of this tripe being produced.

I didn't even participate after writing one (1) post in that entire thread, but nice insecurities, my man.

>Willow Smith
DOES SHE HAVE HAIR POWERS?

Did they took this pic after drinking the bleach Jadenshit is holding here?

Doesn't matter to me.

youtu.be/3JcmQONgXJM

Oh fuck lads the opening jsut leaked!

What kind of anime does Will Smith like?

>>Cast includes Jaden Smith, Susan Sarandon, Jude Law, Tavi Gevinson, Jason Schwartzman, Desus & Mero, Richard Ayoade, Ike Barinholtz, Steve Buscemi, Alexa Chung, Stephen Fry, Katy Mixon, Annet Mahendru, Kiernan Shipka, Willow Smith, and Amanda Stenberg.

MY god this cast list

Kanye should have made an anime instead, stronger was a great homage.

this is no different from other gaijin series
it's not for the japanese market and they themselves don't list such series for the specific medium or sales

Not anime related.

According to google Gatchaman, Miyazaki Movies, and Lupin the III. There's no proper source though.

This guy's got it right on the head.

>>>/delete/

Neo Yokio | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6fTnsdBI

>Western voice "actors"
No thanks

And thus, it's not anime.

It is even better than I expected.

Picked up, based trainwreck

The guys who did Children of Ether knew what the hell they're doing it

This feels soulless

Looks like they ripped of Patlabor, Mach Go Go, Fairy Tail, and GiTs? I guess?

Agree, it's Impressive this thread has yet to be deleted, Though I classify it as an "Animated Series" since they do not look cartoony at all.

Actual Anime tough, really needs to be more inclusive to black people.

This looks like a flash animation with bad dub

Its going to be so bad that its good

>The guys who did Children of Ether knew what the hell they're doing it

No it doesn't. Fuck off, gaijin-pandering scum.

Are you so sheltered you've never heard of Susan Sarandon, Jude Law, or Steve Buscemi? You know, people with name-recognition and awards?

>yo, we gotta teach these old muddy fuccbois a lesson

Did he seriously say that at 1:10 or are my ESL ears just plain shit?

There is nothing wrong with this. It's better for them to make their own anime if they want something different than to push for change from Japan.

Plus if it fails completely, it sends the message that it's not something desired.

He said old money fuccbois

This fuckign design, so inspired kek.

A single Black Dude could beat the shit out of like 15 Japanese Otaku with his Chimpanzee psique.

>Actual Anime tough, really needs to be more inclusive to black people.

You must have been born yesterday, because they already did that without trying to be leftist bait.

It's a vanity project by one of the assholes from Vampire Weekend, nothing more. That being said most of Netflix's upcoming anime slate is being secured/produced in order to get the Japanese to pay for their damn service instead of trying to appeal to Americans.

What the fuck did I just watch