Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul

Nobody's smiling but Nina and Lucifer
moca-news.net/article/20170908/2017090800000a_/01/

21: Rita is trying her hardest to save El's life. Enraged Azazel vanishes quietly into the rain. Alessand makes another appeal to the Onyx dancho.

I hope it's a flashback to Azazel and Lucifer's honeymoon.

Nina looks really cute with that on.

Otherwise, it's interesting seeing the Onyx knight captain making that kind of sympathetic face, maybe Kaisar's good looks will win him over?

>EL MUGARO IS ALIVE
>EL MUGARO IS ALIVE
>EL MUGARO IS ALIVE

>All the BD covers will have Nina and some ikemen
Really reflects the show

How come Azazel looks sufficiently demonic despite also being a fallen angel like Lucifer, but Lucifer himself just looks like he's got a demon horn headband on and is wearing some goth-y clothes?

To be fair, Bacchus is the only other male 'main character' in the show that isn't attractive.

Bacchus and Favaro.

>Alessand can't even double tap

Onyx dancho can identify the worthless with just one look.

Alright out of here with your garbage taste.

Ant please.

>Onyx knight captain making that kind of sympathetic face
He's obviously reacting to Alessand pleading to be let in his squad.

Also what the fuck with that "disappearing in the rain" jesus are they just going to keep writing off the most interestinf characters and conflicts for whatever bulshit? This should be Azazel, Jeanne and Sofiel resolving their conflict episode, not more Orlean Knights nobody cares about or more peripheral Nina stupidity.

You suppose Azazel will go to Lucifer?

Reading enlightenment gains.

He's most likely reacting to Allesand. It's clear the black goon squad are zombies or cursed or something and no one would willingly join them.

The episode is called "Vengeance" so hopefully we get to see some fucking revenge for Mugaro.

I wish. Maybe it's the epizode where Azazel finally snaps and drags Lucifer's shiny ass into the capitol to fuck everything up. This shot looks more like a flshback though, the lighting is different from the temporary hideout.

> they just going to keep writing off the most interestinf characters and conflicts

Actually I imagine that, if anything, Azazel is going to either hunt down Alessand or, more likely go to Lucifer to push his stupid ass out of the reading room and actually do something.

Either way, it's not like they're writing him out, with El 'gone' he has basically no one left to interact with except maybe Kaisar, and in this case I imagine they'd only exchange weird glares.

At this point I just want Lucifer to show up and do nothing because it'd be better than Nina and Cheerios already

>with El 'gone' he has basically no one left to interact with except maybe Kaisar, and in this case I imagine they'd only exchange weird glares.
He could have an 'interesting' conversation with Sofiel. Jeanne, Sofiel and Azazel should have an actual confrontation, with words, not just glances. We got nothing of what seemed to be one of the most promising plot lines. What about Jeanne's mindset regarding gods and demons? And Sofiel too for that matter. Well at least Cheerios is not in the previews so potentially less time wasted on him.

Azazel is going to fucking murder Alessand. I can't wait.

Don't count on it. Azazel is going to be aimlessly wandering in the rain while the episode focuses on Alessand's struggle to suck Onyx dude's dick and Kaisar being sad and having a vague sense of bad things happening.

Does this look like the face of someone who's going to spend the entire episode wandering around despondent?

It's like you haven't watched 20 episodes of this show already and witnessed how effectively it depraves its characters from their sense of purpose whenever it comes to anything pertaining the writers' pets. He's going to be angry for a bit and then hurriedly walk away, just like he did with Nina.

omfg
wat are you doing with my precious heterosexuality?

Will you ever stop being gay? This show is clearly not what you think it is, and by the ending, you will be deeply ashamed of your words and deeds

>by the ending, you will be deeply ashamed of your words
Literally the only way the show could ever achieve that is if Cheerios got incinerated by the Bahamut while crying for his mommy and regretting his arrogance. Nobody tries to "understand his motivations, " nobody cares and certainly nobody cries after him. Anything else means you are the gay, fag.

If this series wasn't written by a cheerios cocksucker he'd have been dead in episode 4 where Azazel had perfect opportunity to skewer him with his snakes but for some reason chose not to. Then in ep 8, where again he should have been a shish kebab but again, Azazel mysteriously forgets about his snakes during the sword fight. Then in ep 13 where Nina should have stomped him but again, Nina is the writer's self insert so of course she's not going to stomp him. Then in ep 19 where Favaro could take him out after Nina collapsed, then in ep 20 where instead of running away for some bullshit reason, Azazel, El and Sofiel decided to storm the caste, take him out on the spot and end the war for both demons and gods. He's shown to be completely defenseless against El which makes Rita's plan to send Nina all the more bogus. Even Azazel and El wouldn've been enough. Azazel can take out his entire army while El can take down the Onyx Knights. The series is written to always assure Cheerios' survival and enable to romance, even if it completely defies all logic.

Why do you assume the entire cast has some kind of a bloodthirsty vendetta against the guy? Nobody except maybe Azazel wants to kill him, just find out why he's doing what he does.

This is the face of someone who's not going to do anything the entire episode.

>All the BD covers will have Nina and some ikemen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bahari has four eps
FOUR EPS
left to level Charioce's secret weapon.

Shut the fuck up demonfag

Will Charioce be redeemed if he brings back Amira?

If Charioce kills Nina he will be redeemed

> Nobody except maybe Azazel wants to kill him
And Jeanne, and Mugaro, and Nina if she gave a damn about what he did to them both. And Kaisar who should at least attempt at taking a decided stance regarding the king if he aspires to be a character with a purpose of his own not just this "understanding the king" fiddling bullshit. Cheerios is an iredeemable piece of shit and the narrative constantly refuses to set him in this position because of the way the protagonists act. They don't need to be wanting to kill him, just don't act like a bunch of lost little passive lambs. And now even Sofiel, the representative of the gods well aware of the seriousness of the situation and how unhinged he is is all aboard the understanding the king train. It's ridicuous how fast the characters forget their purpose regarding cheerio.

You're sure ain't gonna shut me up with those arguments, dumb cheerio dongle sucker.

Azazel powerup when? Isn't he supposed to have another more powerful, EVEN DARKER form?
Isn't he supposed to be a bigshot leader amongst the demons?

The writers forgot about it because they're too busy shoehorning in shitty romance tropes instead of plotting out a decent, coherent story.

Shut up user. You don't know the first thing about writing a story, so stop pretending that you do.

ninafag detected.

No, I'm just sick and tired of powerlevelfags and worse always getting up in arms and complaining about WRITING when the plot doesn't pander to them.

>ALESANDO FUCKED UP
ALESANDO FUCKED UP
>ALESANDO FUCKED UP
ALESANDO FUCKED UP
>ALESANDO FUCKED UP
ALESANDO FUCKED UP
>ALESANDO FUCKED UP
ALESANDO FUCKED UP
>ALESANDO FUCKED UP
ALESANDO FUCKED UP

So you have literally no arguments and are just annoyed that others pointing out obvious plot holes and blatand inconsistencies. Gotcha.

>blatand
Also, no. I'm just sick and tired of balldraggers dragging a show through the mud because they don't like it.

People don't like it because even by Bahamut standards the writing is fucking awful and skewed so that Nina gets what she wants and is rewarded for it. The narrative completely supports her selfish decisions and it's frustrating to sit through.

The how about you defend it instead of acting like a pissy cunt.

It's INTENTIONALLY done so since Nina is the MC and the old MCs are now supporting characters.
And no, Nina doesn't always get her way. If she did she'd be the queen right now.

I know it's done intentionally, you fucking baboon, that's what makes it so goddamn frustrating. Even when Favaro was being a selfish cock in Genesis the audience wasn't expected to agree with his decisions like we are with Nina's.

AT NO POINT ARE YOU EXPECTED TO AGREE WITH NINA. She's a dumb teenage girl in love who until recently couldn't look a guy straight in the eyes without exploding and transforming into a dragon.

>the narrative is intentionally written that way since Nina's the MC
>YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO AGREE WITH NINA EVEN THOUGH I JUST SAID THE NARRATIVE WAS WRITTEN THAT WAY HURBLUR I DON'T KNOW HOW BASIC FUCKING ENGLISH WORKS

Azazel and Jeanne were both in the same room when Rita and Favaro stated out loud that Nina is fucking the king. And they had no reaction to it whatsoever? What? Jeanne didn't think it was noteworthy that the mysterious "great man who's done horrible things" is the same guy who tried to murder her child and put her in a dungeon? Azazel didn't think it was noteworthy that Nina is in cahoots with his mortal enemy? Seriousy? NOBODY has any opinion about it hatsoever? THAT is bullshit my friends. And it's done simply because Nina is not allowed to be called out on playing two teams, being dishonest with all of them and ruining their plan. Nobody acknowleges that Nina is their liability at this point, just constant coddling and enabling.

Nina is a mistake

>AT NO POINT ARE YOU EXPECTED TO AGREE WITH NINA
Haha bullshit. There's not a SINGLE scene where Nina is burdened with responsibility for making their plan fail. Not a single moment. You are SUPPOSED to fully sympathise with her heart ache and feel sad for her when she hurts after being dumped by her hitler bf. And her happy end os probably going to be getting her hitler bf back, which you're going to be expected to cheer for.

Maybe because he tries to murder them and mutilates children?

You can't fucking read, can you?
There are no contradictions in those posts.
You interpreting the narrative as being on Nina's side is your fault. Nina is neither right nor wrong. She's a teenage girl trying her best.
How are they supposed to make her take responsibility? She did something stupid, fine. What are they gonna do, throw her out?
She's the best fighter they have, so it'd be stupid to kick her from the group.

>What are they gonna do, throw her out?

How about at least FUCKING TALK ABOUT IT. Why is Jeanne not confronting her about it? Why not give Nina a bit more of a moral dilemma by having Jeanne calling her out on the fact she wants to suck the guys cock who wants to murder Jeanne and her child?

It wasn't Nina who got her kid shanked. The blame for that lies with Kaizar. Nina busted them out of jail, got them a ride to heaven and helped her get her kid back.
If anything, she owes Nina a great deal.

When Nina doesn't get what she wants, it's always a SAD and BAD thing. The show never questions if what she wants is a good thing. You are supposed to agree with all of her wants. When Nina doesn't get what she wants, it's never because she wanted the wrong thing. Anybody has yet to her stuff like "hey Nina, maybe this guy is not the right guy." Nobody, not even Favaro whose pep talks only talk about HER happiness, not about her making dumb decisions and being in the wrong. When Nina wants to dance, she gets to dance, when Nina doesn't get to dance it's a great tragedy. Nina doesn't give a fuck about cheerios murdering other peple, and the narrative agrees. Nina is sad because cheerios ordered for her to be killed, and that's a super sad thing. And the narrative never accentuates how unbelievably selfish that is.

Endgame right here bros

>She's a teenage girl trying her best.
She's trying her best to get in cheerios pants and that's pretty much it.

>She's the best fighter they have
She couldn't defeat a mere dragon which Azazel and Sofiel took down like it was a walk in the park. She's useless and a liability as long as she only thinks about the cheerios dingle dongle.

Nina literally stepped in Favaro's way and fought for his life. Alessand was carrying out HIS orderes. She's as responsible as one can be. This blame shifting is getting as ridicuously cheerios/nina-friendly as writing for this show.

>She's a teenage girl trying her best.
>Hur dur let me in on the infiltration mission I'm so gonna ace it
>Hur dur why are you trying to kill my manwhore that's not what we agreed upon

Frankly I don't even think he looks that hot in that screenshot. There's something off about his bloated cheek and mouth placement. Is nobody going to point out Lucifer is freaking smiling though? That's a WTF right there.

It took him 10 years to get to the good part of the book, of course he is smiling

Maybe Azazel is finally ditching the retards squad and is coming back to his roots.

Did anyone play the mobile card game of this anime? I cried like a little bitch when the developers abandoned it

Why the fuck is this little bitch smiling? Literally spawn of satan.

oh ? this show is still going on ?

If only

They don't even bother to give a reason why would they want to keep Cheerios alive. For all they know he's just a maniac who wants to unleash the Dromos on heaven or possibly destroy the world. They don't know about Abos, the seal and returning Bahamut. Another plot hole by the way, why the hell are the gods not sensing that Bahamut is returning.

Looking at El most likely.
>sorry you got stabbed because I protected the guy who we set out to take down, I was more sad when he dumped me by the way

>The Nina/Charioce relationship could have been portrayed as meaningful, short moments such as pic related that don't take away from an engaging plot
>Instead their romance IS the plot and everything else is secondary
How can you fuck up this badly after establishing relationships as great as Favaro/Amira and Rita/Kaisar in S1.

I started to play it because the PV caught me. It was good for what it was with good characters, but the way the retards in charge of the game killed it was terrible

I'm convinced you must be trolling. No one can be this dumb except for Nina.

Kaisar is immune to romance. Also kindly fuck off to the nearest LN harem romcom shit thread.

VS is going to have a feature in Animage and Newtype this month. The Animage one is a Azazel special feature.

He had a crush on a toddler once, though

>Azazel
>not Cheerios, the ikeman main character
I'm glad to know that even they realized Cherry was a mistake.

That was lust and it lasted for a grand total of 5 seconds.

>Has been established to be a great general and leader.
>has a weapon of mass destruction
>Even with El on the angels side they still lost their major conflict in the first season.

If you want to play moment by moment that he could of died during the "assaniation attempts" you have to acknowledge that there are characters that don't want to kill him. The fights with Azazel are poor examples since he had him cornered both times. The example with Nina makes little sense because you acknowledge that she doesn't want to kill him. Similarly your example with Favaro implies it's his goal to kill him.

Story wise he built up his power and used it intelligently to get to his position of power. Your butt seems a little bit sore if you don't mention anything about how Mugaro is still alive and present flawed complaints about Cheerios.

Will painter Miyano make a comeback in the last arc?

>The fights with Azazel are poor examples since he had him cornered both times.
Azazel is able to clear out the entire path to him with long range snakes, but then randomly decides to fly all the way up to him to fight him personally instead of just piercing him together with his meat shields. It makes no sense and it's obviously arranged to assure his survival. Ep 8 is a even bigger nonsense where on top of random power fluctuations which suddenly make Kaisar the strongest physically fighter, Azazel wastes time to draw a sword at all where normally he would've been using his piercing snakes. But sure, pretend like Cheerios got it all covered instead of other characters being written to make bad and ineffective decisions in crucial situations.

>Has been established to be a great general and leader.
>has a weapon of mass destruction
>Even with El on the angels side they still lost their major conflict in the first season.
Except this time the situation is different. He can't use Dromos and his army is already in shambles from the war against angel. His castle is in the open and anybody who has Mugaro on their side would've taken him out easily.

>your example with Favaro implies it's his goal to kill him.
S1 Favaro would have either shot him ot chopped off his hand without a second thought. There's no doubt about that. He had no issues cuting off Kaisar's hand so there's no reason why he'd hold back in this case. Of right, except the fact that it's simply not allowed to hurt him so everyone who has a shot just folds and rolls over even when it makes zero sense for their character to do so.

>suddenly make Kaisar the strongest physically fighter
That part confused me. Was it mentioned that Azazel had lost a chunk of his power or something? In S1 Kaisar and Favaro were being rag dolled by him and had to come up with an elaborate plan just to get a single hit in, a hit that ended up doing nothing. Are they telling me in ten years Kaisar has somehow gained superhuman strength?

>Cheerios should have died in all these situations
Both situations with Azazel had him physically weakened before each assassination attempt. The moments where you think he could launch his can of worms and kill him implies there is no defense to them when season 1 shows it is not a surekill attack. Favaro was never a "nothing personal kid" kind of character and was always a noble rouge kind of guy. He never tried to assasinate any character during season 1 and only killed bounties and people he had to.

Even if we disagree on that, I think we can agree that this is a shounen and no main character is going to die early. You may think it's bullshit that he's still alive, but every main character is protected with the same shield. There are way worse examples in shounens where a character should be killed, but he is super special and they survive.

>Both situations with Azazel had him physically weakened before each assassination attempt.
Which has nothing to do with his magical abilities. Nothing like that has ever been established. In fact Azazel would be more likely to use his magic if he was already physically spent. If the writers bothered to give a logical explanation for it they could've had him make a comment about it.
>implies there is no defense to them when season 1 shows it is not a surekill attack.
When it comes to plain knight armour they are a 100% effective. Hell, Azazel is able to detach them and project them like bullets at large distances. Which raises another question why didn't he just do that and shoot Cheerios point blank from that clock tower?
>He never tried to assasinate any character during season 1
Except maybe Amira. And again, he had no issues cutting off the arm of his friend, there's nothing holding him back from doing it to a guy who for all he knows is a threat to the world.
>I think we can agree that this is a shounen and no main character is going to die early.
The difference is that while other characters surviving impossible odds is presented as them escaping from a pinch and something the characters accknowlege as luck. Cheerios is meant to be seen as completely infallible 100% cool has it under control, even when it's not the case and the plot needs to bend itself into absurt to have him come out on top. It's incredibly grating in a show which never does that. Cheerios simply sucks at being a Bahamut character, Genesis never glorified its characters. He's like a self inserting writer's wet dream. Azazel is writen to lose because he HAS to lose, Cheerios doesn't really work not to lose. He always gets an asspull when he needs one.

Don't forget that Cheerios is also physically almost as strong as Nina. Has that ever been explained? Or was it simply added to make him even more of a Gary Stu to look cool for a single scene?

>Magical abilities have nothing to physical condition
He seemed pretty spent and I think it's fair to assume that it is connected to his state. Magic isn't really explained so either of us could be right.
>It worked on that random knight so it would work on him.
Isn't is heavily implied that Cheerios uses "that" power to make him strong? Look at how hard it is for Azazel to beat a Onyx knight or Golem without Mugaro/El and you can see he would have had a hard time killing him even if he did still have magic when he was surrounded like that.
> Characters make it acknowledged that they are lucky. Cheerios gets lucky and we are supposed to see him as invincible. Genesis never glorified it's characters.
I would disagree with the idea that he seems invincible and is glorified. Earlier in another post you talk about how he can't control Dromos and he is having problems controlling his people. A seemingly invincible character last season was Jeanne and we know what her "invincibility" got her. He is flawed in many ways, but he has meticulously prepared options for desperate situations. Also Azazel losing makes perfect sense when you understand his childish nature. He no longer has the resources that led him to victories in earlier seasons and can't solely rely on the power that got him places. I can understand if you think that "that" power is bullshit and is excuse to make Cheerios' army strong, but plot is made on premises. We have known for a long while that he has been abusing ancient power.

>He seemed pretty spent and I think it's fair to assume that it is connected to his state.
He's still using his magic all throughout those situations, he's just not using it effectively. Azazel was also able to use a more demanding teleporting magic while he was being incinerated by Jeanne as well as shoot magic lasers after sustaining serious injuries and getting run over by Bacchus carriage. So I don't think his physical condition matters much.
>Isn't is heavily implied that Cheerios uses "that" power to make him strong?
No? The armour works as magic repellent, sure. Azazel's snakes were not able to pierce it. He could still get through the gaps in the armour and kill a few of them. It should be noted that Cheerios in both situations either wasn't wearing his helmet or any armour at all. His armour is also not of the Onyx assortment, which puts in question if he's able to manipulate the magic the way Onyx Knights do. We've never seen him do it and his armour doesn't have the green gems on it, which suggests he's using just a regular armour, can't cast green magic spells, and is only able to inflict pain on beings wearing magic collars plus control the weapon.
>Look at how hard it is for Azazel to beat a Onyx knight or Golem without Mugaro/El
He beat two golems in quarter of the time Nina needed to defeat one. He cleared out an entire army. His "mistake" was trying to get to the king isntead of just shooting a snake and be done with it.
>he is having problems controlling his people.
That really depends on what they'll do with it in the end. There's some discontent shown but nothing really explored, meanwhile the sympathetic POV citizens are fully understanding of his actions due to "terrorism being on the rise.". Which means that people opposing charioce are terrorists according to the narrative, okay then. And then there's the looming possibility of him being set up as a martyr, the ground work has already been done.

>A seemingly invincible character last season was Jeanne and we know what her "invincibility" got her.
Jeanne was a tertiary character not a main. She was a foil for Favaro meanwhile in the current setting almost everybody is either working around him in order to "understand him" or is being his foil. And by the way, we haven't heard what Azazel attempts to do in a while, we never hear him protesting about any of Rita and Kaisar's plans, does this mean he's aboard the "understanding charioce" waggon as well now isntead of wanting to kill him? Really great, another character loses their motivation because Charioce simply cannot have truly determined adversaries!
>Also Azazel losing makes perfect sense when you understand his childish nature.
I doesn't make sense however for Azazel to forget how to be an effective fighter when he isn't toying around. Especially when he was able to hit more dificult targets before when playing around.
>We have known for a long while that he has been abusing ancient power.
Sure but even that premise is receiving a twist intended to show Charioce is a better light. The magic is being repurposed for killing Bahamut as we can assume, the wielders are also sacrificing their lives. In this setting the abuse of power is no longer wrong because the power itself "bad", it hasn't been shown to be really destructive or corruptive to the surroundings yet beynd draining the wielder from their life force. Which again, all it does is setting up Charioce and his hitmen as martyrs instead of people who unleashed something bad upon the world. Abusing the magic in this scenario isn't something bad in on itself, while that's how it was presented to us initially.

Season 2 sucks major dong

season was equally as bad. Both are waste of time tobe honest. Season 2 just make it worst

Fuck off. S1 was AOTS.

> half the thread is people writing full essays over dumb semantics of a dumb show

Why are these threads always so bitter?

>Why are these threads always so bitter?

>S1 characters get shit on all the time
>lack of adventures
>lack of story
>aryan Gary Stu
>MC sucks
>romance sucks

More the point I'm asking what you're even doing here arguing about semantics when you apparently hate the show

The only people who are still watching the show are fans of Genesis still sticking around for S1 characters whom they love. Almost everyone who started with VS has probably already dropped it which you can tell be decreasing number of cheerios shitposters.

>season was equally as bad.
>Season 2 just make it worst

Who was in the right here?